Interline Clerk Job Description Sample
Interline Services Analyst
Requisition 11776: Interline Services Analyst
Develops and implements Interline Service Management procedures and Interline Service Agreement performance metrics, incorporating statistical quality control procedures to monitor performance against service agreement commitments and budgeted operating expenses in order to maintain corporate profitability and customer service goals without continuing daily intervention.
Aids in negotiation, preparation, and drafting of interline agreements with Class I, Regional, and Short line Railroads.
Acts as liaison between internal and external customers and personnel in matters related to Interline proposals and billing.
Communicates and defends NPO's train plan decisions to external customers where applicable.
Utilizes real-time computer systems to monitor daily Amtrak and Virginia Railway Express (VRE) train performance, ensures proper input of passenger train times and delays and develops reasons for delay when necessary and administer the Amtrak/NSR Off Corridor and NEC Operating Agreements.
Analyzes and prepares cost analysis data for Interline billing and review processes.
Assists in the coordination of cost studies involving various Interline locations.
Reviews Monthly Net Settlement of Interline payables and reviews all Interline billing utilizing NSR's Trackit System for invoice approvals.
Audits Interline sub department based on positive or negative fluctuations impacting the budget. Coordinates with Internal Audit as needed.
Administers and reviews passenger schedule changes as requested by Passenger Agencies. Performs passenger ride studies as may be required.
Receives and generates project requests. Researches inquiries from field personnel or from Amtrak. Maintains passenger Emergency Response Plans.
Provides weekly, monthly and yearly Engineering capital and maintenance plans to Amtrak so as to coordinate track outages affecting passenger operations.
Job Related Experience:
Minimum Level: 1-2 years Preferred Level: 3-5 years
Broad understanding of clean sheet philosophy, TYES, ITMS, and OPD train plan creation.
Extensive understanding of AAR regulations.
General understanding of network down to the local level.
In depth understanding of Interline customers and service agreements.
Skills and Abilities:
Problem solving skills
- Manager Interline Services
Shift Work: No
Weekend Work: Yes
Travel Required: 0 - 2 Days per Month,
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is one of the nation's premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern is a major transporter of industrial products, including chemicals, agriculture, and metals and construction materials. In addition, the railroad operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a principal carrier of coal, automobiles, and automotive parts.
Norfolk Southern is an equal opportunity employer including veterans and disabled.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Vmi Inventory Control Specialist - Interline Brands
Barnett, a division of Interline Brands (A Home Depot Company), is searching for the perfect candidate to join our Dynamic Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Organization! Interline Brands, Inc. (Interline) is among the nation's largest distributors and direct marketers of specialty maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products, both branded and private label.
As an Inventory Control Specialist, you will be tasked with providing a customer with a consistent experience by being their main daily contact person to fulfill their supply needs. A strong focus will be placed on increasing our share of wallet, driving customer satisfaction and inventory management. Enhancing the customer's purchasing experience by quick resolution of customer inquiries and support their needs by partnering with internal and external business partners to resolve issues and improve processes as needed. Under the guidance of the Regional VMI Sales & Operations Manager, this position is responsible for maintaining all day to day functions in a Vendor Managed Inventory facility. This includes but is not limited to the following: filling customer orders, receiving in inventory, maintaining "regional items", completing the proper control reports, and contributing to sales growth.
Specific duties include:
Establish and maintain a great partnership with this customer
Establish a comprehensive understanding of Barnett's product offering, service platform and processes
Learn and understand the basic applications of the products that we sell and how to partner with both internal and external resources to provide solutions to customers
Timely and accurate fulfillment of daily replenishment orders for the customer
Properly receive daily replenishment and branch transfers to maintain accurate inventory
Complete all control reports and tasks in the intervals described in the Operations Manual
Monitor and adjust "Min / Max" levels on an ongoing basis to maintain the proper levels of inventory
Maintain a clean and professional warehouse
Follow open issues through to resolution and escalate problems as needed
Recognize and communicate to the VMI RSOM both market and customer business conditions
Consistent communicate with the customer to ensure proper product stocking levels, seasonal fluctuations, new product offerings, and daily operations
Upsell and cross sell customer on products
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 40%- Timely and accurate fulfillment of daily replenishment orders for the customer. Properly receive daily replenishment and branch transfers to maintain accurate inventory.
- 20%- Complete all control reports in the intervals described in the Operations Manual. Monitor and adjust "Min / Max" levels on an ongoing basis to maintain the proper levels of inventory.
- 10%- Maintain a clean and professional warehouse.
- 15%- Recognize and communicate to the Regional V.M.I. Operations Manager both market and customer business conditions.
- 15%- Communicate with the customer about product stocking levels and seasonal fluctuations to ensure there are no outages.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Reports to the Senior VP of Sales. No direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes which cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
- Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
Counter sales experience preferred, preferably in HVAC, Plumbing, or Electrical environment.
Warehouse or Operations experience.
BA or BS Degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Strong Computer Skills
Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Ability to lift 60 pounds or more.
Ability to effectively manage time and branch operations.
Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment.
Product knowledge of Plumbing, HVAC, and Electrical items is helpful.
Hospitality Sales Professional - Interline Brands, Queens
Through the power of Interline Brands and The Home Depot, the purpose of the Outside Sales position is to use a solution selling approach prospect for business to business new account opportunities as well as manage and growing existing accounts.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
25%- Prospect for new customers and secure appointments to share the Interline/Home Depot proposition and offerings.
40%- Manage existing accounts on a daily basis making on-site customer calls to uncover need.
5%- Using the company CRM tool, prepare a weekly sales plan that shows initiated sales, sales leads and prospects as well as account penetration.
10%- Learn and understand the basic applications of the products that we sell and how to partner with both internal and external resources to provide solutions to customers.
15%- Work with internal and external sources to provide solutions for customers.
5%- Attend and actively participate in monthly sales meetings.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to the Regional Sales Manager. No direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most all of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
BA or BS Degree, preferred
0-2 years of outside business to business sales experience
Personal vehicle, valid drivers license and insurance, required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:- Sound computer skills
Excellent communications skills
Strong follow-up skills
Excellent time management and planning skills
Shipper / Shipping Clerk / Warehouse Clerk
Shipper / Shipping Clerk / Warehouse Clerk
Position Type: Full-Time Location: Kent, Washington
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Hourly/Salary: Hourly
Reports To: Shipping Supervisor Department: Shipping / Receiving
Schedule: M-F, 7:30a - 4p (some OT allowed) Starting Pay Range: $15/hr
Pull parts and conduct regular cycle counts
Keep records of incoming orders
Pack orders for cost-effective shipment while also preventing damage in transit
Prepare shipping documentation for UPS, FedEx, and LTL freight (domestic & international)
Update UPS, FedEx, and LTL shipping address books
Monitor and request shipping supplies for department
Other duties as needed
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1+ year of related experience preferred but not required
Ability to lift and carry up to 60 lbs up to 2/3 of workday
Other physical activity include standing, climbing, stooping, bending, grasping, pushing, pulling, kneeling, and reaching
Key Search Words:
- Inventory, clerk, production, parts, ship, shipping, manufacturing, warehouse, distribution, receiving
Rxo - Distribution Clerk (Shipping)
Requisition ID: 103325
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 7,200 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands; Ray-ban, Oakley and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; Lenscrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
To support our global business, Luxottica operates multiple manufacturing and logistics facilities across North America to support our retail stores and wholesale customers.
The Distribution Clerk processes outgoing packages to ship to customers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assemble and fill boxes and other cartons with items to be shipped
Ensure outgoing packages are packed correctly, accurately and timely
Print shipping labels, schedule pick-ups, and ensure each package has the proper postage
Prepare the minimum amount of boxes for the daily work load (100 – 200 boxes)
Use of RF scanner, scales, postage machines and forklift to perform job duties
Process orders based upon preferred shipping system (UPS, FedEx, DHL)
Maintain a clean and safe work area and update supplies as needed
Assist with cycle counting
Responsible for any additional duties assigned
High School or GED required
Previous experience working in a fast paced environment
Excellent communication skills
Able to prioritize, maintain organization, and meet strict deadlines
Ability to work well with all associates.
Reliable, Career-oriented candidates
Strong attention to detail
Ability to work independently with minimal supervisor
Proven attendance record
Ability to work in a standing/walking position for up to 10 hours
Bend and twist as needed.
Use of repetitive motion of hands and wrists
Ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds.
Ability to work flexible hours and overtime, including evenings and weekends, as requested by management
- Prior experience in a Shipping / Receiving department
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact Talent Luxottica at 877-589-8253 (513-765-2256 outside of US) or email TalentLuxottica@luxotticaretail.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
Shipping Distribution; Logistics
Administrative Support Clerk
|JOB TITLE:||Administrative Support Clerk||DATE REVISED:||4/24/2019|
|REPORTS TO:||Vice |
The Administrative Support Clerk, reporting to the Vice President, is responsible for providing a full range of assistance and support in the preparation, creation, and building of books for customers.
- Prepare, create, and build books as well as other documents for customers
- Typing and word processing; spreadsheet creation
- Draft and finalize e-mails and other correspondence
- Handle paperwork appropriately and with accuracy; keep accurate records
- Provide assistance and support to the Vice President
- Maintain books and files
- Additional administrative and support functions as needed
- Attention to detail
- Excellent reading and language comprehension
- Exceptional communication and business writing skills, both technical and non-technical
- Advanced computer skills and experience in Microsoft Office programs such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Access
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Occasionally carry, lift, pull, and push up to 25 pounds of dead weight
- Sit, stand, stoop, kneel, squat, crouch, or crawl
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physicals and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of the following methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / email@example.com
- 1863 Service Court, Riverside, CA 92507
Clerical/Receptionist (General Clerk II)
Contractor personnel may be required to operate a government vehicle during the performance of duties associated with this position. Driving is for official business only and requires appropriate approvals as established by USAO WDMO vehicle policy.
Contractor may be required to travel to the Jefferson City branch office location at the Government’s expense to provide training and support at these locations as well with proper approvals.
Under the direction of the administrative lead, the contractor provides support to the administrative division. Enters data into a variety of USAO WDMO
administrative computer systems. Possesses the ability to read and interpret technical guides,
policies, and procedures. Establishes and maintains records and files in accordance with
regulations and perform general administrative duties. In addition, the contractor will
perform the following Clerical/Receptionist duties but not limited to:
Completes all aspects of travel in accordance with Federal Travel Regulations and DOJ
travel policies, including travel arrangements; preparing cost comparisons; submitting
authorizations; completing vouchers; and submitting local mileage claims. Performs general
clerical support functions including photocopying, scanning, delivering items, filing, and
assembling notebooks with tabs. Sorts incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail including
packing boxes for shipment. Performs simple typing assignments using word processing
equipment. Assists with closed case filing; inventory; restocking supply areas; and escorting
Performs routine receptionist functions such as answering telephones, greeting
visitors, and maintaining sign-in logs and visitor badges.
*Proven excellent written and oral communication skills.
*One year of experience in performing clerical duties.
*Capability to read, take and follow directions from supervisor.
*Ability to perform detailed work consistently, accurately, and under pressure extremely important.
*Must be able to understand task, task objectives, and the context of the task in the litigation support effort as a whole.
*Must take the initiative to ask questions when necessary to complete task correctly (e.g. where instructions are not explicit or appear to be contrary to the task objective).
*Ability to operate office equipment such as printers, fax machines, copiers, etc…
*Must have typing/keyboarding skills.
*Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook), Word Perfect and Adobe Acrobat Professional or similar applications.
*Experience answering multi-line phone system.
*Pleasant telephone manner and pleasant manner in greeting visitors extremely important.
*Attention to detail.
*Some walking, standing, bending and ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
*Ability to obtain a security clearance.
*Ability to work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff.
*Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office.
*Skilled in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner.
*High school diploma or GED certificate.
*Valid Driver’s License.
*Must be a U.S. Citizen.
THREE (3) PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES
Name of Reference:
Relationship to candidate during tenure
GovHire is currently seeking Records Clerks to support a government contract in Chantilly, Virginia. The Records Clerk creates, receives, processes, maintains, retrieves, and retires shipping (manifest) records. The records clerk position is a great opportunity to grow your skill set and earn vital experience in supporting government contracting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and distributes paper shipping records; electronic data files and electronic data uploads.
- Records information in logs and in automated tracking systems or other electronic information or record keeping systems concerning files (e.g., adding, deleting, updating, modifying, and correcting tracking records; scanning files; checking files in and checking them out; transferring files; retiring files; recycling files; etc.)
- Researches information systems and finding aids to identify and locate files.
- Identifies, organizes, describes, and labels record materials, as necessary.
- Interfiles documents into files, refile sections, create new file sections physically and on the electronic system, label files, and attach bar code labels to them, scan documents; create electronic file folders.
- Retrieves files and process them for delivery to requestors.
- Maintains files, including the removal of duplicate copies of records, the preparation of substitute closure forms when missing, the replacement of worn or improperly labeled folders, the redistribution of files on the shelves, etc.
- Prepares files for transfer to other units or for retirement to the federal records center by labeling, listing, boxing, and otherwise processing them.
- Conducts regular shelf reading and other quality control inventories of files being maintained in all paper and electronic formats.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- High School diploma/GED required
- 6 months of on-the-job experience using a computer terminal, a scanner and electronic document management tools and software.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of filing procedures and techniques.
- Ability to maintain files, including the ability to interpret and apply records policy and filing techniques in a variety of situations; and a firm grasp of numerical, alphabetical, and chronological sequencing.
- Ability to type proficiently.
- Ability to work individually, in teams, and interact tactfully with Government staff.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and understand and follow procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to deal simultaneously and calmly with several crises; to determine the relative importance of each; to recognize important users of the service and to accord to them priority attention; to discern the true nature of problems from imprecise descriptions; and to refer problems to the proper individuals for resolution
Stock Clerk (Ssa Temporary)
Technica seeks to fill the position of Stock Clerk (SSA-Temporary) at Ft. Bliss, TX.
- Receives, stores, and issues equipment, materials, supplies, merchandise, or tools, and compiles stock records of items in stockroom, warehouse or storage yard.
- Counts, sorts, or weighs incoming articles to verify receipt of items on requisition or invoice.
- Candidate examines stock to verify conformance to specifications.
- Candidates will stores articles in bins, on floor or on shelves, according to identifying information, such as style, size or type of material and fills orders or issues supplies from stock.
- Candidate prepares periodic, special or perpetual inventory of stock and requisitions articles to fill incoming orders.
- Compiles reports on use of stock handling equipment, adjustments of inventory counts and stock records, spoilage of or damage to stock, location changes, and refusal of shipments.
- Candidate may have to mark identifying codes, figures, or letters on articles.
- May distribute stock among production workers, keeping records of material issued.
- May make adjustments or repairs to articles carried in stock.
- Candidate may cut stock to site to fill order.
- The candidate must be extremely customer focused and capable of short range planning, analysis, and the ability to understand the overall mission and also have the following additional requirements traits: A basic working knowledge of the governing supply systems, programs, policies, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines.
- An understanding of the needs of the organizations serviced and the overall mission concerns of those units.
- Must have some experience in and with military supply and logistics systems or the civilian equivalency.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Demonstrated knowledge to operate and perform required duties utilizing Logistics Information Systems (LIS) such as Global Combat Support System – Army (GCSS-A) and Cargo Movement Operations System (CMOS).
- Must be able to operate normally approved office computer automation equipment. Must have and can demonstrate the ability to type a minimum of 25 wpm on normal business automation equipment.
- Ability to understand and use safety items and personal protective equipment (PPE) that is mandatory and actively supports the EHS safety program.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Performs other duties and additional duties as required.
- Employee works under the general supervision Warehouse Supervisor/Assistant Supervisor, who furnishes work assignments in the form of written work orders or oral instructions relying upon incumbent to perform assignments independently or as member of a team.
- Ensures that all duties are in accordance with the established regulations and operating procedures.
- Provides advice and assistance on unusual and difficult problems; and reviews work on a spot check basis.
- Reviews overall operations for status and progress, causes of delays and other problems that affect or hinder timely completion of the work being performed.
- Candidate performs some duties in an office environment with normal office equipment and other duties in and around a warehouse environment or exterior storage areas.
- Maybe required to perform duties in adverse weather conditions, as well as in the field locations or storage area consisting of dusty, dirty and possibly hazardous materials exposure.
Technica recognizes the value of diversity in our workplace and is committed to equal opportunity. Technica provides fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, sexual preference, partnership status, gender identity, disability, genetic information, and protected veteran status, status of participation in the U.S. Armed Services, or other status protected by federal, state or local law. Technica hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Technica reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and employees. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Technica encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and members or veterans of the U.S. Armed Services to apply.
Technica offers paid time off, health, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance benefits, and 401(k) options to all full-time employees.
This position description is subject to change at any time. Only persons submitting applications through Technica’s on-line application process will be considered for employment.
The materials clerk coordinates and manages stock and inventory procurement on a daily basis.
- Receive, put away and turn in packing slips for all deliveries
- Retrieve and stage materials for jobs, returns and/or service
- Stages bill of materials for future jobs for movement to next assigned location, to include the Buy Out materials.
- Unloads incoming materials inclusive of verification of quantities against the purchase order, packing slip and a detailed count of actual product for a 3-way match. All discrepancies to be identified i.e. quantity, type, color variation, part number, damage/quality, etc.
- Turns in packing list and purchase order on all materials to be receipted same day as receipt
- Moves all materials on a timely basis to proper identified location
- Keeps materials/receiving area clean and orderly
Schedule Monday-Thursday 7 a.m.- 4 p.m. and Friday 6 a.m.- Noon
- Ability to work well and communicate clearly with others
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and general computer knowledge
- Familiarity with power tools & general construction concepts and the ability to read a tape measure
- Detail oriented and accurate
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Valid Driver's License required
- The ability to pass a forklift certification (prior forklift experience preferred)
Why work with us?
- Competitive starting wage
- Excellent benefit package including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid vacation
- 8 Paid holidays
- Retirement plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Potential for annual bonus
- Learn more about us at www.TrachteUSA.com
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!