Internal Auditor Job Description Sample
Senior Internal Auditor / PM Internal Audit
Significant Growth Opportunities!!
Position is located in Denver, CO or Rapid City, SD
Looking for a Senior Internal Auditor for a high growth company! Our client is a multi-billion dollar corporation with corporate headquarters in Rapid City, SD.
The Senior Internal Auditor identifies risk exposure and evaluates processes and controls related to financial, compliance, and operational reporting, effectiveness of operations and reliability and integrity of information systems and data.
- Understanding and documenting business processes, risks, and controls (manual and systematic).
- Designing and executing efficient and effective methods to test controls (manual and systematic), including data analysis, evaluation of transactions, and observation of processes.
- Documenting audit results in audit work papers that are comprehensive, clear, concise, and organized.
- Reporting audit results (verbal presentation and written).
- Collaborating and sharing knowledge with coworkers (internal and external to the Internal Audit Department).
- Reviewing work papers and providing feedback to fellow-auditors (depending on level and experience).
- Managing audit projects (depending on level and experience).
- Conducting special projects related to the continuous improvement of audit processes.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to ten years of relevant business experience required.
- At least three years of experience in audit strongly preferred for a Senior level.
- SOX experience
- Risk based, integrated audit experience and experience assessing basic information technology controls (security, change management, and computer operations) strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of various business functions and processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic information technology controls (security, change management, and computer operations).
- Professional certification (CIA, CPA, and/or CISA) required.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
- CPA preferred.
Looking for “High Potential” candidates.
Founded in 1994 in St. Paul, Minnesota, we represent public and privately held entities in a broad variety of industries from coast-to-coast. We have helped our clients build their companies by placing hundreds of qualified candidates in all areas of their business, including accounting, finance, human resources, manufacturing, operations, sales, marketing, information technology, and engineering. Our placements range from entry level to the corner office positions.
Our commitment is to find the best possible candidates for our clients. Our staff uses extensive recruitment tools that allow us to present thoroughly interviewed, referenced and qualified candidates who have expressed a specific interest in the opportunity set forth by you, and who have the necessary skills. Our goal is to establish long-lasting relationships with clients and candidates.
Senior IT Internal Auditor
Senior IT Internal Auditor
This is a leading multi-line healthcare enterprise that provides services to government healthcare programs for under-insured and uninsured people.
Position Purpose: Perform complex internal audits, including the execution of strategic, operational, financial, IT, and compliance risk based audits for the entire company and its subsidiaries.
Design, perform, and manage risk-based audits, including evaluating controls and processes for scalability, effectiveness, efficiency, and risk mitigation strategies
Perform audit planning, fieldwork, and wrap-up of engagements, including development and refinement of work programs
Assist in drafting audit reports, including summarizing key findings and recommendations and consolidation of metrics and graphing
Develop and communicate audit observations, recommendations, process improvement opportunities, and best practices and obtain management responses
Monitor and report on the status and findings of audits.
Serve as contact for corporate, field, and external auditors regarding auditing, fraud matters, and projects
Work with external professionals and specialists to complete audits/projects
4+ years of public accounting, internal audit, or related operational auditing experience. Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Working knowledge of Statutory Accounting Principles and the health care insurance industry is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, related field or equivalent experience.
CPA, CIA and CISA preferred.
Senior Internal Auditor
THE COMPANY ETRADE is a leading financial services company and a pioneer in the online brokerage industry. Having executed the first-ever electronic trade by an individual investor more than 30 years ago, the company has long been at the forefront of the digital revolution, offering easy-to-use solutions for individual investors and stock participants. Founded on the principle of innovation and determined to level the playing field for individual investors, ETRADE delivers digital platforms, tools, and professional assistance to help investors and traders meet their near-and long-term investing goals. The Company provides these services both online and through its network of customer service representatives and financial consultants - over the phone at two national branches and in-person at 30 ETRADE branches. The Audit Senior will lead audits to ensure ETRADE's processes are conducted accordingly to the highest professional and regulatory standards. Manage / Execution of Audit Process
- 65% * With minimal supervision, perform risk evaluation of audit area to identify key controls for review
With minimal supervision, draft the audit program and execute the audit steps
Draft questionnaires, spreadsheets, etc to assist in analyzing business processes
Draft audit issues and audit reports to summarize audit findings
Prepare workpapers, schedules, and summarizes documenting audit evidence, conclusions and findings reached Leadership
- 20% * Provide audit project supervision role for staff auditors
Escalate risk issues and follow up on resolutions
Identify potential department improvement projects
Take responsibility for staff auditors and own work product
Identify and share relevant business and audit topics with the audit group Building Relationships
- 15% * Partner with audit clients to identify constructive and value-added solutions to address risks identified
Partner with audit clients to assist in research and other information dissemination processes
Identify opportunities for and participate in approved special projects REQUIREMENTS MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE * 3+ years of public accounting or sophisticated internal audit experience (1 year minimum as a senior) * Willingness to travel up to 20% Desired
Prior Financial Services audit experience strongly preferred * CPA / CIA (or willingness / ability to obtain one of these certifications) EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, TRAINING * Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field BENEFITS We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit to learn more about the opportunities. E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Internal Auditor Senior Associate-It
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
It takes talented people to support the US firm of the largest professional services organization in the world. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our best people choose to apply their talents inside PwC.
As part of Internal Firm Services, you're serving an organization on par with many of our external clients. Our Internal Firm Services team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Internal Firm Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.
PwC's US Finance organization is a strategic business advisor responsible for managing the firm's financial risk, including: financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with strategic and tactical matters. Services include: budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, data and analytics, shared services and financing. Finance works daily with US Leadership, engagement partners and managers on managing the profitability of engagements.
Finance has assisted other PwC Network firms regionalize their financial operations. Finance also analyzes potential acquisitions, assisting with the integration (including system needs) and educating partners/managers on how to navigate our various financial systems.
The Reporting and Compliance team includes Budgeting and Management Reporting, External Reporting, Compliance and Controls, and Reporting Services.
The Internal Audit team is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve operations.
This requires an extensive understanding of risk methodologies (including enterprise risk management), auditing methodologies and control processes. As part of the Internal Audit team, the Internal Audit IT group helps to manage and execute the objectives outlined for the IA team in the Internal Audit charter.
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Management Information Systems or business related field
Certification(s) Preferred: CPA, CISA, CISSP and/or CIA
Working knowledge of security and controls for the following technologies: UNIX, Windows, PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle, and networks and thorough knowledge of controls and control standards (Sarbanes Oxley, COSO, COBIT) and testing strategies.
Understanding of public accounting practices and procedures and internal audit process, technology and tools for planning, design, performance, testing and reporting.
Working knowledge of information technology general controls concepts in the areas of system development, change management, computer operations and access to programs and data and experience identifying and assessing business process controls and linkage to IT systems.
Understands IT security fundamentals across multiple domains including security management, security architecture, access control, application development, operations security, physical security, cryptography, telecommunications and networking, business continuity planning, investigations and ethics.
Demonstrated ability to:
Execute a detailed audit work plan for the IT audit component of the IA team
Perform IT security assessment processes, including audit and organizational policy and standards review.
Perform testing activities for SOX 404 IT General Controls and business cycle application controls.
Draft audit reports
Deliver regular status reports to IA management
Participate in training to further enhance IA knowledge and maintain any CPE requirements
Participate in compliance related activities as required.
Working experience applying internal control principles and business/technical knowledge, including Application Controls and IT General Controls; financial reporting concepts; and, working experience applying professional skepticism skills.
Senior Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor- Accountant
Our client is a Real Estate investment and development firm in both commercial and residential markets with close to a $1 Billion portfolio. We are looking for a Senior Internal Auditor to work out of the office in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area.
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you would be assigned a multi-million dollar portfolio to perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance. Act as an objective source of independent advice to present recommendations, ensure accounting accuracy, cost effectiveness and goal achievement.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, etc.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audits results and document process
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion means and cost savings
- Work closely and maintain open communication with ownership/management
- Other duties as assigned
To qualify you must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Must have previously experience in Single Family or Property Management Accounting
- Minimum 3 years experience as an Internal Auditor- Accounting
- Certified Internal Auditor a plus not required
- Must have previous experience accounting multi-million dollar portfolios or businesses
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and compile detailed reports with attention to detail
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office and Gmail, highly proficient in Excel
- Must be proficient with QuickBooks software
Reply with an updated resume and contact information for more details and an immediate interview. Our client offers a competitive salary and full benefits. This is a permanent, full time opportunity.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Integro Recruiting Consultants is a privately owned firm headquartered in Boca Raton, FL, operating throughout the United States.
This is NOT an Accounting/Financing position, Quality.
· Plans the development of internal audit scopes, programs, objectives and determines audit procedures.
· Performs independent operational audits/reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of controls, identify ineffective practices, and provides timely written audit reports with recommended measures for improvements and cost reductions.
· Responsible for monitoring, analyzing, reporting and improving the company’s compliance with established business standards of practice, policies, and procedures.
· Facilitates continuous improvement and learning through all functional areas through training and communication of quality initiatives.
· Identify and clearly define audit issues and in the identification of root causes when necessary.
· Recommend improved internal controls and business practices and ensure that corrective action plans are developed and implemented.
· Assist in the conduct of and formally report on scheduled audits.
· Document irregularities or sub-standard performance and develops formal findings.
· Follow-up issued CARs to ensure adequate closing.
· Assist in the implementation and training of new policies, standards, and procedures as necessary to ensure satisfactory performance and controls.
· Coordinate and act as a liaison to external examiners and auditors.
· Develop and maintain working relationships with management and assist them with resolving issues that are identified as a result of the audit.
· Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned. Coordinating surveillance/auditing of suppliers.
· Thorough knowledge of Quality Systems development, implementation and management.
· Knowledgeable about Calibration System and Supplier System control techniques.
· Ability to effectively motivate, coach and drive associates to meet required goals and targets.
· Excellent written, verbal and communication skills and able to interact and work with staff at all levels including the internal and external customer.
· Strong computer skills that include a working knowledge of MS Office.
· Solid analytical, decision making skills with the ability to quickly and effectively evaluate information in a timely basis.
· Strong desire for providing excellent customer satisfaction for the continuous improvement of product quality and delivery.
· Experience with certifications in the aerospace industry.
· Familiar with Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, 6S and Continuous Improvement processes.
· Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and a CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) designation preferred.
· 5+ years of related experience-Strong communication skills -Strong self-management skills
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Internal Auditor To Audit Program And Perform Audits
Compensation: $50 to $70 hourly, depending on qualifications
Employment Type: 1099 Contractor
Contract Duration: Initial contract is for 6 months, could be extended to 1 year
SDED Global's client is working to improve people’s lives by providing quality products and services to life science and healthcare professionals. The company has grown to manufacture and sell over 130 biomedical research products and services to customers worldwide, all under an ISO 13485 compliant quality system. They are currently looking for an internal auditor to analyze their audit program and to perform audits on their systems and write the reports. As well as, assess the Internal Auditor program to determine if there are gaps. There could be potential for other work.
- Analyze and perform audits on quality compliant systems. Including monitoring progress and completion, and document gathering.
- Prepare and compile documents and information for regulatory reports, regulatory filings, and other documents to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain the compliance audit program, including schedules, standards, processes, reports and tools in close collaboration with the Compliance Officer.
- Conducts routine and ad-hoc audits; identifies gaps that require corrective action plans; monitors corrective action plans and takes appropriate action based on findings.
- Assist the Compliance Officer in conducting risk assessments.
- Maintain designated compliance applications, ensuring that contents are updated accurately and on a timely basis. Participates in application implementations and upgrades.
- Basic knowledge of federal and state regulations and standards related to compliance in the life sciences.
- Intermediate analytical skills, including the ability to interpret and determine the impact of complex laws, regulations and other documents.
- Basic problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Basic knowledge of audit, control and monitoring processes, and the ability to effectively implement and maintain them.
- Basic knowledge of compliance systems, processes and reporting.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all level.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally, effectively and persuasively to diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and meet agreed-on deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Intermediate skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to speak and be understood in English.
- Ability to handle confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Knowledge of ISO 13485.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and standards applicable to biotech and genomics.
- Bachelors Degree in related field; and
- At least four years in a substantially similar position in a life science company; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
No man, woman or child should EVER suffer as a result of an adulterated or failed medical device. At SDED Global, it is our passion to ensure that this statement is fulfilled. SDED Global is a Medical Device Compliance Consulting firm that drives clients to excellence ensuring safe and effective medical devices domestically and internationally.
The CEO has worked in the medical device industry for 24+ years. Her education in biochemistry, began at the bench in Research/Development and led to experience in many areas of the industry from Quality to Software Development and Validation. She became integrated in what it took to confirm that a product adhered to the standards and regulations for various submissions. She thrived in this area. It is not only the goal of SDED Global, but her personal mantra, to not only adhere to but surpass global regulations and standards.
At SDED Global, we evaluate Client needs and customize the required strategy and solution to provide high Quality Compliance Consulting that is Efficient, Innovative, Analytical, Deliverable and first to market. We offer the best customer experience and empower our clients with skill sets to maintain a defend-able product. We not only meet their immediate needs we teach and guide all throughout the processes. This approach allows us to demonstrate what is required to sustain their long-term goals.
The Auditor will be responsible for scoping, planning, and performing internal audits at Pratt Industries with the help of a well-respected co-sourced internal audit firm. Auditor will be trained in many aspects of the packaging business and will be well positioned to move out of IA into the business within a couple of years.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Specialist will be partially or fully responsible the following activities:
· Learning about the company and contributing positively to the management of risk.
· Learning from and working with co-source partner
· Plant level operational and financial audits
· Corporate level operational and financial audits
· Building trust with business owners and stakeholders
· Communicating findings and elements in need of remediation to business owners and stakeholders in a positive way
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Undergraduate degree with focus on accounting and/or finance
· Accounting experience in manufacturing environment
· Highly organized
· Ability to communicate well and take input from multiple stakeholders while still accomplishing the end goal
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
· Prior internal audit experience within a manufacturing environment
· Prior work with big 4 or equivalent firm
Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, procedures, financial statements, technical literature, and contracts.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, volume, and net present value.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer literate (MS Office including Word and Excel as well as accounting software)
Proficient knowledge and application of accounting principles
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear and sit. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Pratt Industries offers competitive compensation plans with incentive opportunities, full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, HSA, All State, Pre-Paid Legal, and 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Senior Internal Auditor (With Spanish Skills)
Join a leading edge, award winning, strong growth, nationally recognized, industry leader, global manufacturer with immediate career-track needs!
Global industry pace setter, has an immediate need in the Internal Audit Group headquartered in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area! This is a high potential, designated career-track position! The position is a Senior Internal Auditor (3-8 years’ experience level) with fluent Spanish language skills.
You spend about 2 years in the audit group and then are eligible for promotion into other areas of the company including accounting, finance, data analytics, global finance, M&A, international accounting, and operations. You will focus on risk based assessments, operational process reviews, financial audits, evaluate internal controls, develop conclusions about the effectiveness of the assignment. You may coordinate enterprise-wide engagement teams, and work as an Individual Contributor. Perform special projects and presentations as needed. You will travel 40-50% to North, Central, and South America!
· BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
· An MBA or a Master’s degree in Accounting would be a plus.
· A certification such as a CPA, CIA, CA, and/or a CISA is a plus.
· Fluent Spanish language skills are required. (Portuguese skills would be a plus).
· You should have 3-8 years of relevant experience - preferably with a BIG 4, a Public Accounting firm, and/or a large company.
· You should have the ability to use PC-based automated software tools, proficiency with spreadsheets, project management exposure.
· You should have experience with risk-based assessments, and have excellent communication skills.
This is with a global, industry leading manufacturer. This company puts a high value on quality of life, skill & career growth, opportunity for a wide variety of promotional career-tracks, and has a desire to add to shareholder value consistently. This opportunity has a tremendous benefit and retirement program. Base salary range of $80-90k + annual bonus! Relocation assistance is available. This position will move through the interview process very quickly!
Sr. Internal Auditor
Plan, organize and direct assigned financial control and compliance audits, as well as special projects or reviews within client Industries, as determined. The training and experience gained in this position offers potential or developmental opportunities for future financial and/or managerial positions within the Company.
Reporting to the Audit Manager, the Audit Senior will be responsible for performing audits to assess controls, identify control deficiencies, develop control deficiency remediation plans, and prepare formal audit reports to document the audit deficiencies and recommendations to resolve the issue.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!