Internal Combustion Engine Subassembler Job Description Sample
Combustion Turbine Technician II (Journeyman Electrical)
Combustion Test Technician
Fives North American Combustion, Inc., was established in 1917 in Cleveland, Ohio and is a world leader in industrial combustion. Fives North American Combustion's parent company, The Fives Group, is an industrial engineering group which designs and supplies process equipment and plant facilities to major industrial players throughout the world. Headquartered in Paris, France Fives provides integrated process solutions to the aluminum, steel, cement, glass, sugar and automotive markets.
We are committed to new product development as well as our ongoing engineering, designing, and manufacturing of a wide range of industrial products including: burners, blowers, valves, regulators, flame safety systems, burner and furnace controls.
Fives North American Combustion, Inc. serves a diverse set of industries including: Steel, Aluminum, Copper, Forging, Gypsum, Glass, Brick, Paper, Heat Treat, Ceramics, Incineration, and Air Heating.
Fives North American Combustion has a strong global presence through the efforts of our direct sales force, subsidiaries, international distributors and licensees. Our headquarters is in Cleveland, Ohio where we support business operations, research and development, engineering, inside sales, and manufacturing.
Job Summary: The combustion test technicians support corporate initiatives for the testing and development of combustion systems and components. The technician prepares and assembles piping, electrical, and instrumentation systems required to perform tests on industrial burners and combustion system hardware/components. He/she performs tests, records and reports results orally and in writing via a computer. During product development, the technician contributes ideas and concepts to product design innovation and development. Additionally, technicians maintain lab equipment and instrumentation and provide demonstrations of equipment to customers and other employees. The technicians work on a team with the lab manager, research and development engineers, and product engineers.
Duties & Responsibilities: All duties and responsibilities are essential functions of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Comply with corporate safety rules and maintain clean and orderly work areas in the lab.
- Assemble and tear down of test equipment, including:
- Piping systems for fuel and air
- Electrical system to support testing that can include high voltage ignition and burner management system
- Instrumentation to make the measurements required for testing
- May require rigging, pipe fitting, electrical, installation of insulation materials, work in designated confined spaces
- Use basic hand, electric and pneumatic tools.
- Conduct testing and development on burners and combustion system hardware/components. Follow written test procedures and best practices. Accurately record data with a computer
- Communicate with engineering personnel in person, phone calls, email, and documents. Provide test data, observations, suggestions and recommendations for improvements. Recommend changes in test methods or equipment.
- Maintain and repair lab facility, equipment and instrumentation. Suggest and implement improvements to lab.
- Conduct customer witnessed product and systems testing.
- Complete setup, testing, and teardown within allotted time schedule.
- Retrieve electrical and mechanical parts/assemblies to be tested and arrange in test area.
- Configure digital instrumentation.
- Manage lab inventory.
- Verify system design complies with applicable codes and regulations.
- Examine parts for conformance with dimensional specifications, using precision measuring instruments. Identify concerns with craftsmanship and overall quality of assemblies.
- Identify hazards and work safely in an industrial lab environment.
- Safely work with voltages from 24VDC-480VAC with proper PPE.
- Safely operate overhead cranes, tow motors, and other electric vehicles
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Problem solving skills
- Documentation skills
- Attention to detail and process oriented
- Strong work ethics
- Broad general knowledge of the principles and practices of safe work
- Ability to work independently and in a project-oriented environment
- Ability to maintain professional and productive working relationships with other employees and all internal and external customers
- Easy to work with in a collaborative team environment
- Proactive, able to anticipate arising needs and take ownership of activities
- Ethical conduct
- Knowledge of piping systems
- Knowledge of electrical systems and wiring
Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, hot or cold temperatures, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- Safe use of the following equipment: drill press, bench grinder, lathe, milling machines, welding equipment, tow motor/forklift, crane, rigging equipment, hand tools, power tools, pneumatic tools.
- Pipe fitting: threaded, flanged, compression style connections. Reading piping schematics or P&ID drawings.
- Wiring: from low voltage DC up to 460VAC. Reading wiring diagrams, schematics, and electrical relay ladder schematics. Using digital multimeters to troubleshoot wiring systems and components.
- Instrumentation: hands on experience configuring and using pressure transmitters, thermocouples, RTDs, temperature transmitters, manometers, flue gas analyzers, pitot probes, etc...
- Drawings: Reading and marking-up mechanical and electrical drawings and prints. Ability to produce 3D models and/or 2D manufacturing drawings is a plus.
- Computers: Strong background using Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Experience working with combustion systems and fired systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of PLC programming or data acquisition system programming is a plus.
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Associate's Degree preferred
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
To view additional opportunities within the Fives Groups please visit our career page, https://www.fivesgroup.com/careers/careers-at-fives.html.
Thèse Cifre - Combustion - Dynamiques De Flammes Avec Injection Multipoint De Carburant Liquide H/F
Smart Combustion Optimization Engineer
Ifrs 17 PM Life Engine
Regional Coordinator, Combustion Turbine Maintenance - 509316
Service Technician, Small Engine Repair
Stihl Small Engine Mechanic/ Sales Associate
Service Technician, Small Engine Repair
Diesel Engine Technician – Workshop Or Field Service
Location: Over 200 Different US Locations
Base salary commensurate with experience. Overtime paid for hours worked over 40. Holiday, On-Call or Call Out are paid based on location with a minimum of time and half. Bonus is paid by the company based on company performance. Technician performance review program as well as annual performance review.
Benefits: Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Got a job? How about a Career?
If you are looking for a career with a global foot print major corporation with a complete employment package, then send me your resume so we can speak today!
Skills and Experience Notice: Any of the below skills and experience are not all inclusive in being considered. These are suggestive to guide the potential candidate to ensure they are listed within their resume.
- Diagnoses and completes complex repairs to engines either in shop or at the customer’s site
- Engages customers in a courteous and professional manner. Anticipates and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs
- Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete fewer complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on engine and related components in shop or in the field
- Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Supervisor
- Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens
- Experience performing all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs)
Diagnostic Skills and Experience:
- Excellent diagnostic skill and experience
- Ability to carry out full diagnostics using diagnostic tools on different product types with or without supervision depending on skills and experience
- Experience using Insite diagnostic tool
- Properly use parts books, service manuals and QuickServe online
- Experience using Cummins EDS system
Experienced Diesel Engine Technician Level II or Level III with High Horsepower. Below are some of the engines we are looking for you to have skills and experience with any of the below:
- Have completed multiple complete engine overhauls by yourself or within a team environment
- Cummins diesel engines; ISX 15, QSK 30 to QSK 78 engines or experience with K19, KT38, K50 and QSK50, or 60 to QSK95, QST 30 engines
- CAT diesel engines; C15, CAT 3400 series, 3500 series or 3600 series or Perkins
- Detroit diesel engines; 60 series or DD13 -16
- MTU diesel engines; 2000 or 4000
- Volvo diesel engines; D13, D12, D16
- Waukesha; VGF, L36, VHP 5108, 5790, 5794, 7042, 9390
- Navistar, Western Star, Freightliner, Mac, Paccar, Waukesha,
Natural Gas Engine Experience
- Natural Gas engines, (15 to 30 Liter and up)
Marine Engine Experience
- Experience with marine engines such as MAN, Cooper Bessemer, Wartsila, ALCO, GE, MTU or Perkins, Cummins etc.
- Highly experienced marine technicians – if interested, travel to any global location
- Active and current passport, if needed to perform work
- Offshore marine service experience
Engine Complete Overhaul Experience
- Adheres to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Post-Secondary Certificate or training as a diesel technician preferred
- Certified Master Diesel Technician / Mechanic (preferred)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!