Investment Analyst Job Description Sample
Investment Analyst (Job #102350)
Unity Search is currently working with an independent advisory firm in the Irving/Las Colinas area in its search for an Investment Analyst. This company offers good benefits including a young and vibrant culture, high visibility with upper management and free access to a fitness center! In this role, you will be primarily responsible for analyzing data on fund and investment performance/projections along with a strong focus on investment tracking and due diligence. The qualified candidate will have 1 to 3 years of related industry experience - Accounting or Finance degree required.
Jr. Investment Analyst
Assist the investment team with research and administrative functions. The position is highly administrative and requires attention to detail and working in a fast paced environment,. The candidate must have experience working with excel and past investment experience working in the financial services field is required.
We are looking for an junior-level Investment Analyst to undertake financial research and report on prospective investment avenues. The successful candidate will study how an investment is likely to perform and how sustainable it is. You will participate in our portfolio-management strategy by providing the necessary data for our decision making process.
· Examine and assess economic and market trends, earnings prospects, financial statements and various other indicators and factors to determine suitable investment strategies
· Look back at previous investment decisions and the thought process of making the investment decision
· Liaise with fund managers and network with industry professionals
· Monitor closely financial press and keep a track of market trends, opportunities, risks and new investment products
· Compile advisory reports and make informed recommendations on new investment opportunities and funds that could enhance or diversify portfolios
· Portfolio and individual holding-level performance analysis and reporting
· Understanding of financial setup, procedures, statistics, and economics
· Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel modeling
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
· Attention to detail and problem solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
· Strong organizational and planning skills
· B.A. or B.S. in Finance, Accounting, or related field
Wealth Management Investment Analyst
JustinBradley’s client, one of the top-rated wealth management firms, as rated by the Washingtonian, is looking to add a Wealth Management Investment Analyst to their Washington, DC headquarters. With a personalized approach, this firm prides itself on their unique client relationships and collegial oriented team without the public accounting busy seasons. Providing financial planning, portfolio management, tax, and fiduciary services, this firm creates strategies for their clients and team to succeed. The Wealth Management Investment Analyst, working with their experienced and successful team, will be mentored and given the tools necessary to addressing financial planning strategies and questions for their clients. Thus, the incumbent will be motivated to move into the financial planning space and possess the skills necessary to communicating efficient with clients and colleagues.
- Provide financial planning, investment management, and tax services;
- Create and present comprehensive plans;
- Review stock options, benefits, policies, estate planning, and asset titling;
- Prepare tax projections and returns;
- Maintain and develop relationships with clients.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field;
- Some experience with the financial planning process and client servicing.
JustinBradley is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Trade Investment Analyst
We are looking for an experienced Trade Investment Analyst. This is a 6 month contract position that may be extended up to 18 months. The hourly rate for this position is $48/hour. You will be eligible for OT hours/pay and the position will start out in the West Los Angeles Office and move to Irvine, CA in June of 2018. Ideally, we are looking for candidates that can work at both locations. As a trade investment analyst, you will be confirming trades and ensuring all trade details match between the trader and broker or counter parties.
Candidates MUST have trade and fixed income experience. This analyst will not be working in a production based role, but the main role will be confirming trades and ensuring all trade details match between the trader and broker or counter parties. Candidates Must be able to hit the ground running. Quick and accurate is what we are looking for.
Candidates MUST have strong working knowledge at a trade desk, trade settlement, fixed income knowledge, trade support operations, middle/back office within a production environment.
- Works with brokers to confirm fixed income trade details on the phone and electronically (e.g., security price, settlement date, settlement details, etc.)
- Processes fixed income trades into the Client's accounting systems and sends settlement instructions to custodian banks
- Makes adjustments to trade financials based on internal processing requirements as needed (e.g., index linked bonds and accrued interest)
- Processes currency decisions for trades set in a currency other than the operating currency
- Manages the To-Be-Announced (TBA) mortgage securities allocation process
- Participates in team or departmental projects and process improvement initiatives
- Works collaboratively with team members in the London and Los Angeles offices to analyze and coordinate the research and resolution of any issues with investment group and operations professionals
- Interacts with associates within various investment, legal, and marketing groups
- May serve as a resource for and provide training/exposure to members of the department and other groups or work on cross-functional projects and initiative
- Must have trade and fixed income experience (at least 2 years)
- Must have experience working at a trade desk, trade settlement (at least 2 years)
- Must have strong knowledge in fixed income and trade support operations and middle/back office within a production environment
- Must have ability to work in a very fast environment
- Must have bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business administration (or a related degree)
- Must be strong in MS Excel and working knowledge of macros, VLookups and pivot tables
- Must have working knowledge of Outlook, Lotus Notes, Bloomberg, SWIFT messaging, etc.)
Private Equity Investment Analyst
Investment Analysts are responsible for monitoring client portfolios and analyzing potential private equity fund investment opportunities. Investment Analysts work closely with Associates, Vice Presidents, and Directors on small client and due diligence teams.
- Analyzing financial statements of private equity partnerships, including a review of partnership portfolio company valuations and cash flows
- Preparing client reports and presentations
- Assisting with special reporting, research, and due diligence projects on an ad hoc basis
- Performing an initial quantitative and qualitative review of potential private equity fund investments
- Conducting in-depth quantitative analysis of potential private equity fund investments
- 1—3 years of analytical experience in investment banking, consulting, audit, investment management, or other similar fields
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, business economics, or related field with a record of high academic achievement
- A strong interest in investments and the capital markets
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Level I or II - Preferred, but not required.
All regular full-time employees at Pathway Capital Management, LP enjoy a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee insurance coverage provided at no cost and paid entirely by Pathway, with the exception of Voluntary
Life/AD&D, Voluntary Hospital or Accident, and Flexible Spending Accounts. There is a low $25 per paycheck contribution for medical plan coverage of dependents.
- Pathway observes 10 holidays per year. All regular full-time employees are eligible for holiday pay.
- Pathway provides an additional 4 days paid Holiday Time Off during the weeks of Christmas or New Year’s Day to regular full-time employees who have completed a continuous length of service of 90 days prior to their approved week off.
In order to be considered for any position, you must fully complete the online application through our website.
It is our policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment based on race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, or other protected classification. All U.S. employees are covered by workers compensation.
Pathway’s founders have accumulated significant experience as a team, working with more than 50 institutions in the development and management of their fund investment portfolios. Our clients include some of the largest corporate and public pension plans, government entities, and financial institutions in North America, Europe, and Asia.
Pathway has analyzed over 10,000 private equity fund opportunities for potential investment and has monitored over 1,200 private equity partnership investments. Our senior professionals have established long-term relationships with leading general partner groups and maintain an investment industry reputation that gives Pathway unique and continued access to the highest-quality investments. As a result, we have consistently created successful private equity programs for clients and have remained a leader among private equity management firms.
Pathway’s investment professionals work out of offices in California, Rhode Island, London and Hong Kong. Pathway is an independent company, wholly owned by 18 senior professionals/partners.
- Working knowledge/understanding of investments (3+ years work experience or 4-year degree in finance or economics with some experience)
- Experience following/testing Trust or Wealth Management processes or working towards professional investment designations
- Investment performance understanding
- Microsoft Office product experience
- Oversee/conducts annual investment reviews and new account reviews for all Trust Services accounts.
- Conduct asset review for potential new Trust accounts and help develop divestiture plan for new Trust accounts.
- Be able to partner with Trust Relationship Managers to obtain appropriate documentation on restricted assets held in Trust accounts.
- Other duties will include trading error resolution as needed and monthly performance validation to ensure regulatory compliance.
Peyton Resource Group (PRG) has a 16-year track record of delivering real results for our clients. With offices in Dallas, San Antonio and Austin, PRG is an innovative industry leader utilizing the latest technology to drastically reduce the time-to-hire problem plaguing most companies today.
What We Do: We innovate. We understand. We collaborate. We move forward. We get IT done.
How We Do It:
We partner with world-class organizations that offer exciting career paths to their employees.
We cultivate relationships with the best and brightest talent in the marketplace.
We leverage technology in a way that is helping to redefine the staffing industry.
Our Results: We solve today's critical staffing challenges, while delivering best-of-class professionals to our clients.
Generate Capital is seeking an Investment Analyst to help underwrite and manage our growing portfolio of resource efficiency assets.
- Conducting due diligence on companies and projects by researching, reading financial statements and market data
- Business development and outreach
- Analyzing financial information relating to specific companies, e.g. company results, profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements to determine how an organization is positioned to deliver for investors
- Keeping up to date with market developments, new technologies
- Helping prepare investment memoranda and making recommendations to the investment committee
- Preparing formal presentations, reports, and project assignments, assembling data from multiple sources to develop and produce coherent investment memorandums
- Unimpeachable character, strong values orientation, and a cultural fit with an entrepreneurial venture
- Intellectual curiosity, a strong work ethic and commitment to a superior work product
- Minimum of 2+ years of financial modeling experience
- Experience closing project finance deals in the resource efficiency space
- Experience managing projects from start to finish
- Proven ability to work with diverse groups of people in challenging and complex endeavors
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Detail orientation and meticulousness with a constant desire for timeliness and accuracy of data; ability to manage quality, accuracy and consistency of work products
- Resourceful and creative in approach to research and problem-solving
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate findings of analyses
- Ability to work well in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Proven ability to balance multiple assignments and meet strict deadlines
- Bachelors degree with high academic achievement
- Glowing references from prior employers and peers
- Record of high academic achievement
- Engineering or other technical degree a plus
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Reporting: This position will report to the Chief Investment Officer
Up until now, new energy asset finance (a $300B annual market) has been dominated by larger-scale projects that tend to attract traditional capital sources. Generate Capital, on the other hand, is focused on being a capital partner to lower middle market project developers and solution providers that are typically overlooked by traditional financiers for a variety of reasons: asset size, underwriting complexity, project duration and perhaps above all, the recent increases in regulation and overhead for those banks and public sector finance entities. As a long-term investor with truly permanent capital, Generate Capital provides a standardized origination and underwriting engine that results in profitable funding for these smaller deals and aggregates them to sufficient size for leverage, securitization or other forms of liquidity.
With a $4B pipeline of projects, completed transactions totaling over $400M and a utility-like, pay-as-you-go model (which we call Infrastructure-as-a-ServiceTM), Generate Capital has quickly established itself as a pioneer and leader in this enormous market.
Podolsky Circle CORFAC International (PCCI) is seeking to hire a full-time Investment Analyst to primarily assist the Investment Advisory Services team in our firm’s investment activities. The analyst will gain broad exposure to all aspects of commercial real estate transactions including investment sales, due diligence/underwriting, and debt and equity placement. The position will have a strong emphasis on analytics, financial modeling, and market research. Preparation of investment sale packages, investment memorandum and other collateral will include writing narrative, creating Argus cash flows and gathering data. The candidate will work independently and in collaboration with others on a variety of projects. The position affords a path of rapid growth in an expanding, well-capitalized company with direct access to clients, investors, lenders and firm Principals. The candidate is expected to have, or obtain, an Illinois Brokers License.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation and distribution of investment sale packages for prospective investors
- Extensive written and verbal communication with clients, prospects and Principals
- Support the Investment Advisory Team in deal tracking, investor follow up and property tours
- Create and edit Argus files for analysis and input into proprietary Excel valuation models
- Support overall execution of acquisition and disposition transactions with tasks related to analysis, research, due diligence and documentation
- Support investment officers in analyzing real estate investments for potential acquisitions, including a heavy emphasis on financial modeling
- Evaluating and reading lease language and understanding impact to real estate value
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- BA/BS degree in finance, economics or related field with strong record of academic achievement
- ARGUS valuation and financial analysis experience is preferred
- Illinois Brokers License a plus
- Highly skilled in modeling investments in Excel
- Strong writing skills for preparation of marketing and investment presentation materials
- Highly proficient in Word and PowerPoint, Publisher a plus
- Knowledge of DCF, NPV and cash flow models
- Strong financial and analytical ability with solid organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information and translate into strategic output
- Intermediate understanding of real estate fundamentals
- Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive thinking with detail-oriented and creative problem solving approach
In addition, our firm is part of CORFAC International – Corporate Facility Advisors – an alliance of entrepreneurial commercial real estate firms that partner to deliver quality and experienced service locally, nationally and internationally. Member firms of CORFAC are selected based on their professional integrity, industry leadership and high standards of quality, client service, market knowledge and performance.
Podolsky Circle has achieved impressive growth in both our revenues and our client base. We have successfully transitioned from a local “niche” commercial real estate firm to our present position as a leading regional firm with national and international expertise. Our success relies in large part on the recruitment of new talent at all levels to service our valued clients. We employ professionals from a variety of fields that develop creative solutions to meet our clients’ needs and exceed their expectations.
Podolsky Circle is an equal opportunity employer.
Plano, TX Fee Based Investment Advisory Firm
· Manage/ conduct due diligence and manager selection process, meet and regularly communicate with managers, analyze investments and processes, and prepare detail reports.
· Source new investment managers to utilize within our portfolios by performing robust due diligence assessments.
· Meet with prospective managers, maintaining a network within the investment community, and attending conferences.
· Prepare due diligence materials (including RFPs, new manager recommendations, monitoring, performance and risk analysis, narratives, and compliance documents).
· Attend client meetings, as needed, to communicate our investment process or speak to managers/themes within the portfolio.
Desired Experience and
· 5+ years of relevant investment management/analysis experience, preferably in a due diligence function.
· Well-rounded investment knowledge, across all asset classes.
· Designations demonstrating such knowledge including CFA (or candidate), and/or CFP® are strongly encouraged.
· Ability to be proactive and anticipate issues and problems and work quickly and proactively to solve them.
· Willingness to learn and expand responsibility.
· Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team setting.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to balance and prioritize projects.
· Proficient in use of Windows and Microsoft based products, including Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
· Experience using Bloomberg, PSN Enterprise, Morningstar Direct, and Black Diamond.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality in dealing with any client matters.
We offer a competitive benefit package that includes, but is not limited to:
· Salary that is competitive and commensurate with your experience
· Personal and vacation time
· Reimbursement of professional dues, licenses/renewals
· Upward professional growth opportunities
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!