Irrigator Valve Pipe Job Description Sample
Irrigator Technician III - Plumbing 2762-2
Irrigator Technician III
Report to: Foreperson - Plumbing
Pay Grade: 307
Salary Range: $41,278 - $51,607
Duty Days: 245
Installs, repairs, troubleshoots, and designs sprinkler systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Maintenance & Repair
Installs and replaces lawn sprinkler systems according to blueprints, shop sketches, or verbal instructions.
Installs, maintains, and repairs automatic, semi-automatic, and manually actuated sprinkler systems.
Cleans, repairs, and flushes out lawn sprinkler heads and systems.
Adjusts elevation of lawn sprinkler heads, and locates remote valves, piping, and control valves.
Digs ditches and trenches preparatory to installation, maintenance, and repair work.
Replaces soil and turf after installation, maintenance, and repair work is completed.
Installs and repairs PVC.
Locates leaks in sprinkler systems through physical observation and blueprints.
Determines corrective action to repair or replace sprinkler systems and type of materials needed.
Receives and completes work orders. Selects material and hardware and makes time and materials estimates. Maintains accurate records on material and labor used.
Inspects jobs upon completion and ensures areas are clean.
Assists the plumbers during inclement weather or emergency conditions.
Maintains inventory of district-owned tools, equipment, and materials. Performs preventive maintenance on tools and equipment and ensures that equipment is in safe operating condition.
Follows established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting and climbing. Operates tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
Corrects unsafe conditions in work area and promptly reports any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
Personal Work Relationships
All Fort Worth ISD employees must maintain a commitment to the District's mission, vision, and strategic goals.
Exhibits high professionalism, standards of conduct and work ethic.
Demonstrates high quality customer service; builds rapport/relationship with the consumer.
Demonstrates cultural competence in interactions with others; is respectful of co-workers; communicates and acts as a team player; promotes teamwork. Responds and acts appropriately in confrontational situations.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Performs all job related duties as assigned and in accordance to the Board rules, policies and regulations. All employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of plumbing repairs, maintenance, and installation techniques.
Knowledge of plumbing codes.
Knowledge of safety protocols, including District rules and regulations, OSHA, and Texas rules of the road.
Skill in talking to others to convey information effectively.
Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and written reference material.
Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
Ability to operate equipment, trenchers - (Case trencher/backhoe combination).
Ability to diagnose and resolve problems.
Ability to organize and coordinate work, including maintaining attention to details and quality, and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines.
Ability to perform tasks requiring close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to understand and follow instructions.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Ability to organize and coordinate work.
Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written forms.
Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Tools/Equipment Used: Plumbing tools and equipment including pipe bender, propane torch; hand tools; power tools; heavy equipment including forklift, trencher, backhoe; light truck or van.
Posture: Frequent standing, stooping, squatting, kneeling, bending, pushing/pulling, and twisting works in tiring and uncomfortable positions.
Motion: Frequent walking, climbing stairs/ladders/scaffolding; frequent repetitive hand motions including grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, and overhead reaching; frequent driving.
Lifting: Heavy lifting and carrying (45 pounds and over) on a daily basis.
Environment: Works outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces; frequent exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust, toxic chemicals and fumes, noise, vibration, and electrical hazards; works around gas lines; works around machinery with moving parts; may work in tight or enclosed spaces; may work alone; frequently works irregular hours and occasional prolonged hours; frequent districtwide travel.
Attendance: Regular and punctual attendance at the worksite is required for this position.
Mental Demands: Maintains emotional control under stress; works with frequent interruptions.
Responds to emergency work requests and works unexpected overtime as required; performs tasks requiring close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education: Accredited High School diploma, GED, or Texas Certificate of High School Equivalency.
Certifications: Texas Irrigation Technician License; Clear and Valid Texas Driver's License.
Experience: 5 years' in irrigation.
INSURABILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL DRIVERS
Must be at least 21 years old.
NO positive drug or alcohol tests including pre-employment, random, post-accident or reasonable suspicion.
Driving and accident record:
NO more than 2 violations during previous 36 months including:
moving traffic violations (including no more than 1 preventable accident);
failure to provide proof of valid driver's license or proof of insurance;
NO Driving Under the Influence (DUI) for drug or alcohol.
NO leaving scene of an accident (bodily injury or physical damage).
NO vehicular assault, manslaughter, or homicide.
NO operating a vehicle with suspended or revoked driver's license.
NO reckless driving, speed contests, drag racing, or highway racing.
NO use of a vehicle in commission of a felony.
NO operating a vehicle without owner's permission (unauthorized use or grand theft).
NO permitting an unlicensed person to drive.
NO speeding more than 20 mph over the posted speed limit.
NO history of a conviction in a commercial or personal motor vehicle.
Additional restrictions may apply if directed by FWISD's Fleet Insurance Carrier.
Note: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities.
Under general supervision, is responsible for testing and inspecting irrigation systems in City facilities, conducting required maintenance of the irrigation systems, and installation of irrigation systems. Exercises functional supervision over assigned staff.
Essential Job Functions
Obtains information on existing site conditions and source of water.
Maintains irrigation system, considering water supply, static water pressure, working water pressure, precipitation rate, soil, planting, and existing or planned improvements.
Maintains water mains, cast iron and PVC pipes and hydraulic systems.
Repairs or replaces inner parts of irrigation heads.
Performs construction monitoring of irrigation systems as directed.
Inspects non-potable water piping for irrigation and potable water piping for new and old buildings (drinking fountains, restrooms, etc.) as necessary.
Adjusts gallons per minute on bubblers in tree planters.
Assists and advises plumbers and contractors regarding irrigation installation regulations.
Investigates and recommends corrective action for defective irrigation systems.
Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
High school diploma or GED equivalent (recognized by the Texas Education Agency or a regional accrediting agency).
Four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience in irrigation design, construction, and inspection, including one (1) year of supervisory or lead responsibility.
Valid Class 'C' Texas Driver's License.
Ability to read and write English.
Basic computer skills.
Familiar with SAP/CRM computer systems.
Understanding the operation of irrigation time clocks and controllers.
- Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 10-15 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate irrigation products and equipment. Subject to walking, reaching, pushing, sitting, standing, bending, and twisting to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are outside with exposure to temperature variations, damp/wet surfaces, hazardous materials, flammable liquids, and dust.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of friction loss control tables.
Knowledge of water usage rates and water conservation measures for drought situations.
Knowledge of all irrigation products and hydraulics principles.
Knowledge of sizing pipe materials.
Knowledge of basic backflow principles.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to inspect irrigation blueprints.
Ability to design and modify irrigation systems.
Ability to perform all the physical requirements of the position.
Balancing Valve Sales Specialist - Hydronics
Balancing Valve Sales Specialist - Hydronics – Houston, TX
Our client is the leading producer of mechanical pipe joining solutions. They build Technologies and provide engineering services that address the most complex piping challenges faced by engineers, sited owners, contractors, and distributors.They are in need of a Balancing Valve Sales Specialist (Hyfronics) in their
Houston, Texas office.
- Develop a strategic plan to target key opportunities and accounts that will result in achieving sales goals and improving specification position for the client. Focus will be on globe style valves, coil components, technical aspects of the Hydronic product line.
- The Strategy must include goals & objectives that are quantitative and measurable.
- Financial goals must show aggressive growth.
- Responsibility for implementation of the strategy and increasing product penetration at the engineering, owner and contractor level.
- Plan implementation will be project focused and driven by the Regional Balancing Specialist. Will be responsible for effective communication and coordination of activities with others in the region as required.
- Develop a strong understanding of system design, major equipment function, and plan reading, client’s balancing component applications, project design cycle, competitive products, competitive selling points, technical verbiage, and Balancing Valve market trends in the territory.
- Build relationships with all influences and decision makers at the highest levels of each account to maximize sales and specification potential on all opportunities.
- Presentations will be done for these associations, mechanical engineers, and owners on a regular basis to promote the client’s balancing concept.
- Become the technical expert on balancing, hydronic trouble shooting, and project take offs in the area. Minimum of five take offs and quotes, or BOM conversions, done per week. New construction opportunities will be quoted pre-bid. The project quotes and prioritization will be done in conjunction with the RSM and local TM.
- All activities will be documented and meet reporting requirements as defined by client’s management.
- Be able to balance a HVAC System. Will train if needed.
- College graduate with degree in engineering or business.
- At least 5 years of experience in outside sales related to construction and mechanical products. Knowledge of hydronic balancing systems/equipment and/or pumps with the ability to read and interpret hydronic system design plans is highly desired.
- Must have a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, and present a professional image. Well versed in Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Word.
- Very strong organizational and problem solving skills; above average mechanical aptitude required.
- Team player that is competitive, flexible and self-motivated.
Irrigator (Ft)- Citrus Golf
An Irrigator is responsible for operating, servicing and repairing facility irrigation systems in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As an Irrigator, you would be responsible for operating, servicing and repairing facility irrigation systems in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Operate, maintain and repair facility irrigation systems including, but not limited to, leaks in lines, valves, sprinkler heads and satellite controllers
Conduct periodic inspections to ensure irrigation system is operating efficiently
Operate and maintain well and pump stations
Water putting greens and other areas of turf
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- We do the right thing, all the time.
- We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- We're team players in everything we do.
- We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
What you will do
Learn/Assist in the service and repair of fire protection piping, valves and accessories for commercial and industrial application. Must be able to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer and/or job requirements. Must perform all duties in a safe and professional manner.
How you will do it
Assist foreman in the service and repair of wet, dry, pre-action, and deluge sprinkler systems
Maintain proper documentation for work performed
Must adhere to company safety policies and procedures
Follow verbal and written instructions
Carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 70lbs and be capable of performing physical labor
Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions, such as climbing ladders, scaffolding, and high lift equipment
Maintain a clean and safe work area
Have a positive attitude and the ability to learn quickly
What we look for
Minimum of 18 years of age
Valid Driver's License
Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
Strong work ethic
Ability to work well with others
Be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the apprenticeship program, with or without a reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others
Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in written format
High School diploma or equivalent
- Fire sprinkler/pipefitter experience
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
- Responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains. Ensures ground is prepped and trenches dug out for pipes. Aligns pipes and seals joints together with cement or glue.
- Configures pipe routes. Aligns pipes in pipeline sections.
- Installs precast manholes and structures set up pipe lasers, read transits for elevations.
- Communicates with other workers regarding pipe placement in preparation for welding.
- Removes defective or misaligned pipes. Corrects alignments with sledgehammers.
- Inspects places where pipes are fitted together to ensure pipes are spaced out properly and according to specifications.
- Grades trenches or culverts.
- Ensures pipes are fitted and aligned using grade rods or transit levels.
- Drills holes into pipes for auxiliary lines.
- Performs continual maintenance on pipes and replace those needing repair.
- Utilizes magnetic or radio indicators.
- 3 years or more of pipe layer experience.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints (a plus)
Fessler & Bowman is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law.
The above job description describes the overall duties being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is subject to change over time as business needs change and is not intended to be a permanent listing of all duties and responsibilities.
Pipe Welder And Fabricator
We are currently hiring for a solid 2nd shift pipe welder for a temp to hire opportunity with a manufacturing company in Duluth. This is a great opportunity for the right individual! Company offers outstanding pay and benefits.
Shift: Monday- Friday; 3pm- 11pm
Pay Rate: $17/hr or more DOE
- 6G or 1G with rotating position experience
- GTAW (ARC welding)
- Sit down forklift
- OH Crane, a plus
- Team player and stable attendance
- Ability to follow directions
- ABility to be test and certify in GMAW-P 2G per AWS D1.1 for welding of carbon steel coupling assemblies and/or 1G rotated for welding of carbon steel pipe fittings with fillet or full penetration welds per requirements. We will test and send to 3rd party for xray for pass/fail results.
- Cut the formed and rolled carbon steel coupling body to the proper length per the shop work order instructions.
- Fully assemble all standard carbon steel coupling types.
- Sequence the attachment of the closure plates, gussets and reinforcement required per the shop work order instructions.
- Weld the closure plates, gussets, and reinforcement required per the shop work order instructions.
- Test any standard coupling type.
Medical, paid vacation
Lead Pipe Designer
Overview / Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications Company Overview
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Specialist, Clinical Research Monitoring - Transcatheter Heart Valve
Ensure trial patients' safety by assuring trials are conducted ethically and within regulatory compliance, data accuracy, and protocol adherence.
Essential Job Functions:
Field monitoring of studies and data collection for clinical trials, assess all data documentation, reports, records, transcripts, exam results for consistency with case report form, and determine if clinical trial/study subject documentation is within parameters of study hypothesis, as well as to monitor clinical trial/study safety, in keeping with protocols, GCP (Good Clinical Practices) and regulatory requirements.
Provide oversight of and insights into trial activities (e.g., trends in protocol compliance, enrollment, monitoring deviations, data quality) to principal investigators and support staff, and study sponsor management and leadership staff, including Institutional Review Boards/Ethics Committees/Research Ethics Committees, Clinical Operations (e.g. Contracts), and recommend and develop process improvements.
Verify trial/study data, including maintaining appropriate regulatory documents both internal and external, auditing to be sure the site has the appropriate regulatory documentation to conduct the trial/study, and source documentation is properly recorded.
Validate investigational device accountability by tracking the history of investigational devices from Edwards to the field sites and through final disposition.
Develop and deliver training on GCPs, protocols, database, compliance, device accountability, adverse event reporting, study investigation protocols, amendments, regulatory documentation requirements as well as training and proctoring new employees on trial and study related activities.
Contribute to the development of clinical protocols, informed consent forms, and case report forms.
Edit/amend informed consent documents.
Other incidental duties
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in related field; 3 years of previous field monitoring experience OR
Associate's Degree or equivalent in related field; 5 years of previous field monitoring experience, quality assurance/control and regulatory compliance
Experience working in a medical device or regulated industry (preferred)
Experience with electronic data capture (preferred)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, interpersonal skills, and analytical skills are required
Proven expertise in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Adobe, and ability to operate general computer software and office machinery
Demonstrated problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Strong understanding of cardiovascular anatomy, pathology and physiology or Business Unit area of expertise
Understanding of medical device regulatory requirements and documents, device accountability and adverse events reporting
Technical writing skills (protocols, CRF development, study tools)
Ability to communicate and relate well with key opinion leaders and clinical personnel
Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Works independently without close supervision
Compares and evaluates possible courses of action after considering various possibilities
Applies his or her knowledge in following procedures or in determining which procedures to follow or determining whether specified standards are met
Considers the cause and effect of activities
Determines or effectively recommends course of action after considering potential risks of alternatives
May provide guidance to lower level personnel
Makes decisions in the face of different alternatives and without formulas or guidelines or with guidelines that are not complete and exhaustive, and which allow room for creativity and judgment
Direction tends to be high level and focused on end results with means of accomplishment left to incumbent
Licenses and Certifications (Preferred):
- Clinical research certification (ACRP or SoCRA clinical coordinator/ CRA certification)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!