It Manager Job Description Sample
- Develop and manage corporate information technology and computer systems
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Ensure security of data, network access, and backup systems
- Provide comprehensive “help desk” support for a growing office
- Manage and preserve corporate technology assets, information security, and control structures
- Handle IT budget in coordination with senior leadership and ensure cost effectiveness
- Interface directly with facilities management and network service staff to ensure peak performance of our corporate network
- Be a key part of an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration and creativity both internally and externally
Requirements & Qualifications
- 5-plus years of experience in Corporate IT
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, or related field preferred; commensurate experience will be considered
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA) preferred
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis, and of computer hardware/software systems
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration, and network installation
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Creative, approachable, energetic, “can-do” attitude with ability to change direction in a dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail; ability to prioritize workload and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work in office during regular business hours
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and move/work in tight quarters (e.g., under workstations) as needed
The IT Manager is responsible for the daily effective operation of information technology devices (e.g. computers, phones), the company network and a co-managed data center operation. We are seeking a hands-on professional who enjoys working with teams to achieve business goals, eliminate security risks and increase efficiencies. The successful candidate will be a change management expert and a task master. This position requires strong communication skills and the ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for our entire systems administration team and will report directly to the CTO. The position plays a critical role in the project team that ensures a high-quality product and premium service levels are delivered to GovX, our partners and members.
- Ensure the effective delivery of networks and disaster recovery systems and processes
- Oversee the managed services of data center servers ensuring little to no downtime
- Own the 1st level emergency support for maintaining operations with minimal downtime
- Develop reliable metrics for hardware, software and storage while ensuring strategic capacity planning
- Work under direction of the CTO to assure all hardware and software services processes are in line with long-term strategy
- Supervise team of IT Administrators, while working closely with management, external vendors and advisors
- Maintain budgets for ongoing support and existing infrastructure; Manage procurement process
- Research and recommend new products for operational efficiencies and security
- Lead efforts to improve IT processes and procedures
- Maintain IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Establish and maintain security policies and systems to support the protection of internal and site data
- Ensure the long-term protection of data
- Identify security vulnerabilities and eliminate them with strategic solutions that increase data safety
- Linux and Microsoft Windows administration skills/certifications
- Server Virtualization skills using VMware and Hyper-V
- SQL Server administration skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as under management supervision
- Strong communication skills (oral and written communication, email etiquette, etc.)
This position will have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Mental – Problem solving, making decisions, interpret data, organize, read/write.
While most operations can be performed remotely, a visit to the data center will be required on occasion.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer related field.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
5+ years’ management experience in an IT environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
San Diego Theatres is accepting applications for the position of IT Manager, Full-Time/Exempt, Salary $73,235 - $113,514/yr.
To APPLY ONLINE and for additional information please apply at www.sandiegotheatres/about-us/employment.org
The Information Technology Manager will plan, coordinate, direct and design IT-related activities, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The IT Manager will also define an implement IT policies, procedures and best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the IT department’s operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
- Develop cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio.
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures, including those for security, disaster recovery, standards, and architecture, purchasing and service provisions.
- Develop requests for proposals.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with San Diego Theatres leadership, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or related field required.
- Six or more years of IT experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to diplomatically and tactfully resolve difficult and sensitive situations.
- Possess exceptional ethics, honesty, and integrity as well as complete respect for confidentiality and the appropriateness of communication.
- Ability to read, interpret and create documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Strong leadership, teamwork and problem solving skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
When performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to:
- Talk and hear
- Modulate voice for effective communication
- Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to bend, stretch, reach and kneel without restriction.
- Ability to hold 25lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
IN-HOUSE TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Critical: Sexual Harassment Awareness (Employee), Safety Training
Normal: Fire Extinguisher Training, others as assigned.
San Diego Theatres offers full-time employees with the following benefits:
- Retirement Plan
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
Jenzabar is seeking a highly skilled, innovative, dynamic individual for the position of Director of Information Technology Services at a client university in Columbia, South Carolina. This individual provides vision and leadership for client university internal IT programs, technology infrastructure, and service delivery. The IT Director will emphasize innovation, collaboration, communication, service, and improvement of client experiences. The ideal candidate will be a proven IT leader with extensive technology experience in higher education, who demonstrates these qualities as well as professional and personal integrity, and is committed to flexibility, and creativity. As a working manager, the IT Director is a technologist's position which offers the responsibilities of leading a skilled staff, as well as opportunities for strategic planning for innovative technology solutions in higher education. Responsibilities also include directing all university technology operations, as well as the support and maintenance of existing infrastructure, applications, and the development of new technical solutions. The Director of IT should be able to translate these technical solutions and requirements into business terms for non-technical people.
- Provides day-to-day supervision; selects, mentors, supervises, and evaluates the IT technology staff; Facilitates communication between faculty, staff, vendors, and other technology resources within the University community; serves on appropriate committees to represent information technology department; Develops, implements and maintains effective policies and practices for all university technologies; ensures access, security and usage are in accordance with all University policies and applicable state and federal laws; Designs, implements, and evaluates systems that support clients in the productive use of computer hardware and software; oversees all computer operations, including local area networks, wide-area networks, and database services;
- Establishes a client-centered culture and a demonstrated service commitment for IT staff and services; establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all campus stakeholders; Oversees and evaluates enterprise systems security and backup procedures. Develops and maintains current disaster recovery plan for all major information technology systems; Provides strategic and tactical planning, budgeting planning and management; Provides vision and leadership; assesses the feasibility of new and emerging technologies that will meet the needs of today’s diverse campus and student populations and provides technologies and information systems that facilitates the achievement of the University’s mission; Develops, evaluates, and coordinates the information systems and technology infrastructure for the University; serves as project manager for all information technology-based initiatives.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive working knowledge of Windows Servers, Windows Workstations, database software (MS SQL), software development tools, and telecommunications systems in the higher education environment; Ability to develop, implement and evaluate information technology projects and programs; Comprehensive knowledge of IT security and the associated risks; Knowledge of regulatory issues related to security including but not limited to FERPA, HIPAA, PCI, HEOA and copyright laws; Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal; Understanding of the potential of technology to advance the mission of the University, combined with exceptional integrity, intelligence, maturity, and a commitment to diversity are essential; Comprehensive understanding of design, management, and operation of managed IT systems; Excellent negotiation skills for acquisition of appropriate technologies;
- Mastery of principles of leadership and techniques of administration, organization, and management including an in-depth understanding of the strategic and operational issues affecting the University; Thorough knowledge of current principles and practices for the management of information technologies, systems analysis, design and operation; An understanding of trends in information technology and the impact they have on higher education issues is essential; Thorough knowledge of emerging technologies including mobile devices, wireless access, social media, cloud computing, etc.; Comprehensive knowledge of voice, video and data networking and their associated technologies; Project management experience required; Experience soliciting organization feedback regarding technology services delivery and incorporating feedback for improvement; Budget development and management experience required; ability to manage complex budgets and make effective financial decisions; Effective verbal and written communications skills, effective presentation skills and collaborative spirit, all geared toward service and facilitation of mission critical activities.
- BA/BS Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related technical degree required. Additional professional experience and/or technical certifications are desirable. Master’s degree in related field is preferable;
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in an IT management position in higher education required.
Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance
Riderflex, a global recruiting firm, has been engaged by our Apparel & Fashion client, Blue Stripe LLC dba Fresh Produce, in their search for an IT
- Title: IT Manager
- Type: W-2 Full-Time
- Benefits: Yes
- Competitive compensation package
The IT Manager is responsible for the overall planning, organization, and execution of all IT functions at Fresh Produce. This includes directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development and deployment of new technical solutions.
- Lead the IT department's operational planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and setting priorities.
- Develop and implement a near-term tactical plan to better utilize and integrate existing applications/systems and a long-term strategic roadmap for investment in technologies which will provide increased leverage and scale to the business while meeting business needs, strategies and goals.
- Facilitate communication between senior management, technical team, and non-technical teams.
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance of IT policies and procedures, including those for security, disaster recovery.
- Maintain and/or implement protocols based on industry standards such as PCI/DSS to ensure the security and compliance of all systems.
- Participate in technical aspects of eCommerce including scalability, software development, security, compliance, and reporting.
- Ensure the consolidation, creation, and maintenance of documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
- Work with IT team to manage and administer current application platforms and solutions; including vendor management, data integration, data transformation, EDI support, and ongoing maintenance and customization.
- Manage all IT department budgeting and budget review.
- Maintain and/or implement security standards and protocols to ensure the security and viability of all systems.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcing, and consultant contracts and service agreements, monitor cost-effectiveness and performance of vendors against negotiated service level agreements.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware and software.
- Direct and manage application development and assist when needed. Lead the charge on quality and reliability.
- 4-6 years of relevant experience, including 2 years in a management role
- 2 years in at least one of the following disciplines:
o Network administration
o Software development
- Proficient in at least one of the following computer languages:
- Experience with Windows servers and desktop operating systems, SAN, Dell servers and switches, Cisco ASA firewall, MPLS networks, and VMware
- Experience managing and contributing to at least one of the following: Software development, IT Administration, Network Architecture
- Experience with Windows Server 2003 - 2016 – Active Directory; DNS, DHCP, IIS, RADIUS, SQL server, Exchange, Office 365
- Experience in a multi-location organization
- Team player, versatile, flexible, and enthusiastic with a “no task is too small mentality”
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
About Fresh Produce:
Fresh Producedesigns, develops and markets women's apparel and accessories. For nearly three decades the brand has delighted women with inspiring color, vibrant prints and stylish, comfortable clothing.
Fresh Produce is a leader in the women’s apparel sector. Their products are made primarily in the USA, and the company is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, with key production and fulfillment facilities located in Gardena, California. They are unwaveringly customer-focused, and believe that strong teams are paramount to their company’s success. At Fresh Produce, you will work alongside highly intelligent, creative, and hard-working individuals who respect and support each other and believe strongly in the work that they do.
Virginia Tax is seeking an IT Manager to join the Office of Technology. This position will manage and lead 30 to 35 Technology staff, and will report to the Deputy Chief Technology Officer to ensure the maintenance and enhancement of VTOL, SIEBEL, eFile, LIT, IDT, TACS, KFI, Audit Workbench, and Business Intelligence, utilizing programming languages such as Angular, Java, dot Net, Business Objects, and Drupal. This opportunity is currently open only to current Virginia Tax employees. This position will be responsible for:
Collaborating with business executives to identify, rationalize, and road-map new business models and capabilities using technology to increase business efficiency.
Working in collaboration with the Deputy CTO to ensure technology initiatives and projects are well-planned, organized, and executed.
Participate in strategic planning sessions with OT managers and assist with developing strategic plan for the Office of Technology.
Managing and supporting annual legislative implementation.
Managing IT contracts and their likely cost implementations.
Engaging with procurement, security, and the disclosure office on technology related requests.
Supervising and participating in project planning, reviewing work plans, monitoring project schedules, and resolving any issues or problems that arise. Reviewing and approving all technical design solutions and project plans for completeness, efficient use of resources, and reasonableness of meeting required due dates.
Managing IT operations, service, and support.
Recommending, scheduling, and applying fixes, security patches, and any other measure required in the event of a security breach.
Cooperating with external customers with a customer-first mindset.
Managing maintenance, enhancement, and continuous improvement activities on applications that returns processing, taxpayer information and registration, Where Is My Refund, 1099G Lookup, claims processing, legislative impacting, and non-profit organizations.
Supporting mandated and cost reduction initiatives. Did you know? More than 8 million citizens rely on more than $22.3 billion of revenue the Virginia Department of Taxation collects to fund government services that affect their daily lives. Virginia Tax, headquartered in Richmond, is responsible for administering 37 state and local taxes, sales and use taxes, and miscellaneous excise taxes with integrity, efficiency, and consistency. Virginia Tax works directly with individual and business taxpayers and local governments to ensure the Commonwealth's revenue is collected and taxes administered with fairness, diligence, and integrity.
- Current and considerable experience with aspects of Information Technology leadership including: managing IT staff that maintain technical operations, strategic planning, risk assessment, and developing an IT budget.
Considerable knowledge of and experience in the field of computer technology as applied to business applications and service delivery.
Project management experience and demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, and manage multiple technology initiatives in a large scale and complex IT environment.
Experience analyzing and evaluating technical solutions for business requirements.
Considerable experience with and knowledge of management principles, including long and short-term strategic planning, technical asset management, expenditure management, change management, and human resource management to include employee development.
Experience to advising, directing, training, and evaluating IT staff work activities.
High level of interpersonal and communication skills and strong customer service.
Ability to serve as an interface between agency and outside technical experts.
- Graduate from a college or university with major coursework in computer science, mathematics, or engineering or a related field and experience related to the duties of the position; or an equivalent combination of both training and experience.
- Project Management certification preferred.
All Virginia Tax employees must be current with filing their tax returns ensuring they were filed in compliance with established laws, rules and regulations. Selected candidate(s) will be required to consent to and successfully pass a background investigation which includes fingerprint-based criminal history, tax compliance, and DMV driving record (if applicable) checks. Pursuant to Sections 2.2-3115 and 2.22-3115 of the Code of Virginia, this position is designated to file a Statement of Economic Interests Form on or before the date the office or position is assumed and annually thereafter.
An IT Manager job in Des Plaines , IL is available through Belcan.
This position will support Epicor 9 processes and transactions on site. The right candidate will work closely with the Business and each department to understand current and future business objectives to support and participate actively in Epicor 9.
The selected candidate will also work closely with Engineering, Production, and Supply Chain to ensure that proper MRP outputs and accurate workflow. Must be able to be a fixer not a maintainer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Strong understanding of business and ERP system workflows, manufacturing processes, and ERP process improvements, Epicor preferred.
Experience with engineering processes, process improvements, and drawings and technical documentation.
Manage and maintain all systems including Epicor ERP, Exchange 2013\2016, VMWare 6, Server 2003 - 2012, CMMS, Backups, Anti-virus
Manage all aspects of: Purchasing, Contract Negotiations, Vendor Relations, and various IT Projects.
Documented IT processes and assisted other departments with determining their processes.
Provide technical admin support for Epicor ERP including but not limited to: User Support and accounts, BAQs, Dashboards, backups, Dump and Load, Scatters and documentation.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
ERP system experience required, Epicor preferred.
Experience working within the Epicor 9 framework is a plus.
Minimum of 5+ years of work experience with MRP, Bill of Materials, and Routings in a manufacturing environment required.
Epicor Training and support users experience preferred.
Minimum of 2 years of Project Management (ideally ERP) experience preferred.
Must be able to be a fixer not a maintainer.
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Help over one million people feel better.
We are looking for an experienced and collaborative IT Manager to join us in our NYC Headquarters. This role will be the primary technical resource at Talkspace to identify, own, and scale our IT infrastructures and systems. We are looking for someone who is just as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
About This Role
- Manage our SaaS back-office stack (G-Suite, VPN, Office 365, Slack, Zoom, Zendesk, Salesforce, etc)
- Manage all hardware, systems and software (Apple, Lenovo & Dell devices running MacOS, Windows and Ubuntu Linux; Cisco Meraki, JAMF Pro, Windows Intune & Cisco Umbrella)
- Enforce employee laptop policies and security procedures.
- Primary owner of helpdesk support to diagnose, troubleshoot, and provide solutions to tech issues for our in-house and remote Talkspace team
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software, and resources
- Establish, document and implement technology processes, approvals, and procedures
- Configure hardware, software, and set up workstations and accounts for new team members
- Manage the company VoIP system and video conferencing technology
- Manage and set up networking equipment for the company
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, printers, networks and operating systems
- Evaluate, procure and implement new technologies, including SaaS solutions
- Evaluate user technology and application needs and requirements and implement solutions to improve user satisfaction
- Manage operating systems, hardware and software support for personal computers, mobile devices, audio-visual equipment, VoIP telephone systems, wireless access, and printers
- Direct and manage the delivery of application, systems, and security training
- 4-8 years of experience as an IT and System Administrator, preferably at a healthcare company.
- 3+ years of experience supporting G-Suite, and small office intranet setups.
- Cybersecurity Experience including Network Firewalls, Cisco Meraki, Firewall configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting, and cybersecurity implementation
- Customer service pro who is excited to dig into any issue, big or small
- Proactively address problems and issues
- Experience supporting SaaS applications across multiple operating systems in a bring-your-own device environment
- Experience working with vendors
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be proficient in computer hardware and software systems, network systems, and computer anti-virus & security programs
- Networking experience with basic understanding of routers, VLANs, NAT, and VPN
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- At ease with ambiguity
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- B.A. in Information Systems
Because we are on a mission to make the world a better place. Our focus to help people feel happy starts at Talkspace, where we connect, collaborate, and have fun. Monthly team outings, happy hours, in-house family-style lunches, office snacks, unlimited PTO, access to Talkspace products, ping pong table, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
ABOUT THE RIGHT TEAM MEMBER:
You are an experienced IT professional with a passion for helping others. You understand the needs of a rapidly growing company and know how to scale systems and processes accordingly. You can identify issues before they arise and tackle them with speedy yet thoughtful and effective solutions. Further, you have experience mentoring and managing others with an eye for their personal growth.
What You'll Do:
Manage the IT function for ClassPass, which involves IT budget and policies, inventory management, wifi/networking configuration, A/V support, data security and retention initiatives, remote office support, and more.
Research new technologies and drive large-scale infrastructure improvements to support a fast growing, ever changing work environment with fiscal responsibility in mind.
Handle ad hoc troubleshooting for small and large issues, from faulty external keyboards to ISP down emergencies.
Maintain and upgrade server and network services/devices to ensure reliability for employees.
Be accountable for laptop and network security, ensuring our company's information is always safe.
Uphold a customer-first approach to IT and interface daily with employees.
Who You Are:
5+ years of IT experience in a Mac OSX and Google Apps environment
Advanced knowledge of installing, configuring, and troubleshooting OSX, integrating enterprise-level A/V systems, and administering several cloud-based services (e.g. Google Apps, Box, Salesforce, BlueJeans)
Experience in IT hardware and software procurement
Experience in establishing and supporting remote office locations
Track record of thriving in a fast-paced, startup environment
Strong time management skills and ability to juggle multiple requests at once
Diligent about capturing, tracking, and closing helpdesk tickets to ensure quick response times
IT leadership experience (including ability to provide feedback, written and verbal quarterly reviews)
The Manager, Software Engineering delivers software applications based on business requirements. The Manager, Software Engineering works within specific guidelines and procedures; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems; receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines approach, resources, schedules and goals.
Humana is seeking a Manager, Software Engineering that will be responsible for:
Standardizing the quality assurance procedure for software
Overseeing testing and debugging and develops fixes
Researching complaints and makes necessary adjustments and/or recommendations to resolve complex software related issues
Making decisions typically related to resources, approach, and tactical operations for projects and initiatives involving own departmental area
Collaborating across departments, conducting briefings and area meetings, and maintaining frequent contact with other managers across the department
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
6+ years of technical and 2+ years of management experience
Experience implementing technologies with enterprise-wide impact
Cloud PaaS experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!