Jailer Chief Job Description Sample
Deputy Sheriff / Jailer
- Deputy Sheriff / Jailer $35,049 with an Associate's degree $36,100.47
with a Bachelor's degree $37,151.94
Eligible for promotion to:
- Sr. Deputy Sheriff $41,538 (after successful completion of job requirements, i.e. POST, physical fitness)
- Master Deputy Sheriff $45,792 (after successful completion of job requirements, i.e. FTO training)
Additionally, we provide a 3% pay incentive for officers with an Associate's degree, and a 6% pay incentive for officers with a Bachelor's or Master's degree.
The Gwinnett County Sheriff's Office is committed to provide our community with employees who are professional, efficient and well trained with access to the most up-to-date technology. As the demands rise, we will continue to strive to maintain the highest law enforcement and public safety standards possible.
This is the first level of the Deputy Sheriff series. A Deputy Sheriff's primary duties are to oversee individuals who have been arrested and awaiting trial. The Gwinnett County Jail is a direct supervision pretrial facility. Deputy Sheriff's may serve in any of the five divisions after promotion to Senior Deputy Sheriff or higher. The divisions are administration, court services/civil, jail, field operations, and investigative services.
This is a safety sensitive position that will require a pre-employment drug test and subsequent random drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Gwinnett County Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace.
The Grade for this position is SH213.
High School Diploma, or G.E.D.;
Valid Georgia Driver's License;
Must be at least 20 years of age at time of application;
Must be a US Citizen for certification;
You must be able to work any shift, weekends, and holidays
Must obtain a state certificate from jailer's school within six months from date of hire.
Must have ability to use computer for data entry in jail management software and report writing;
Law enforcement, military, or security experience highly preferred.
Applicants must pass a comprehensive background process ( including criminal, controlled substance, credit, driving, employment history checks ) and an oral interview in first phase. The second phase includes a drug screen, polygraph and psychological exam.
For information related to position specific Essential Duties, Knowledge, Skills and Physical requirements, click here.
NOTE: The class specifications listed on this site are not the official class specifications for Gwinnett County and are subject to change.
Health, dental, vision, prescription drug insurance plans
Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
Basic, Optional and Dependent Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
On-site Medical Wellness Center
Holidays: 12 holidays per year
Annual leave (vacation): 13 day accrual per year
Sick leave: 13 day accrual per year
Immunizations (Flu Shots, Tetanus, etc.)
Wellness Incentive Programs
Annual Wellness Fair
529 College Savings payroll deduction
Financial Education Programs
Longevity Pay after 3 years (full-time status)
Tuition Reimbursement after 2 years (full-time status)
Employee assistance program
Uniforms and equipment furnished
Employee discount programs
Retirement Benefits include:
Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
Employees can choose a contribution rate of 2.5%,5.0%, or 7.5%
Gwinnett County will contribute 7.0% of your pensionable earnings per pay period.
An employee is fully vested in 5 years. An employee can retire if he/she has reached the age of 55 and the sum of his/her age and years of service equals 65.
Deferred Compensation Plan
If you contribute at least 2.5% of your base pay to the 457(b) plan, Gwinnett County will contribute an additional 1% to your Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (this is in addition to the 7% described above).
Maintains order and security in the jail and ensures the safety and well-being of inmates, employees, and visitors within the guidelines of applicable state and federal laws, departmental directives, and rules and regulations. Reports to the Sergeant or other designated person and works with co-workers, inmates, attorneys, visitors, ministers, social workers, and probation, parole, court, police, and other agency personnel to provide operational support.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Monitors inmate activity, and records/maintains in log book
Works control panel for cells, entrance to cell block, emergency exits, and visitation/attorney area
Conducts security inspections
Oversees inmate recreation activities
Assists in the distribution and collection of commissary items, inmate clothing, and linen
Performs emergency first aid to inmates as necessary
Answers telephone and operates intercom system
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
Education: High school diploma, trade school, or G.E.D.
Experience: No experience required. Selected candidate will be trained to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Preferred: Previous experience in law enforcement, public safety, or related occupation
Age Requirement: MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE.
Citizenship Requirement: United States citizen
Considerable knowledge of law enforcement and the corrections process
Familiarity with applicable state and federal laws, county policies and procedures and departmental directives.
Proficiency in using GCIC/NCIC and JMS computer operations, physical restraint methods and equipment, first aid, CPR, and interpersonal communications
Good communication skills, both oral and written
Demonstrated ability to work independently
Meet or have ability to meet current requirements set forth in the Georgia Mandate Law Enforcement Training Act/Peace Officer's Standards and Training Act
Possess or have the ability to obtain a valid operator's/driver's license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
Meet or have the ability to meet the standards of training to be certified in the carrying and deployment of a taser
May Require: CPR and First Aid annual training
Must pass Physical Fitness Assessment
One (1) mile run in 10.38 or less
Thirty-one (31) sit-ups in a minute
Twenty-six (26) push-ups in a minute
Positions in this class typically require: standing, walking, running, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, using tools and equipment that require a high degree of manual dexterity, ability to distinguish between shades of colors, and physically subdue individuals when required. Work is performed in a jail with exposure to diseases, dirt, dust, and physical confrontations.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Applications must be accompanied by legible copies (no originals) of the following documents:
High school diploma, transcript indicating graduation date, or G.E.D. certificate
DD214 Member-4 (from those with military experience)
Certificate of successful completion of the COMPASS or ASSET exam
Social Security Card
Any other job related documents
Chief Of Staff - MD, Medical Doctor
Immediate opportunity for Chief of Staff
- MD, Medical Doctor for a critical access hospital in Oklahoma.
The Chief of Staff will serve as the Chair of the Medical Executive Committee, overseeing the Medical Director, medical delivery in the hospital including Emergency Department, Swing Bed Program, Inpatient, Lab, Radiology, Pharmacy.
Chief of Staff
- MD, Medical Doctor will also maintain a practice in adjoining clinic and perform as a hospitalist to round on unassigned patients.
?? Keep abreast of emerging models in health care delivery; identify and define new and innovative strategies to achieve business goals and objectives
?? Maintains a working knowledge of applicable national, state, and local laws and regulations and other regulatory requirements affecting the medical and allied health staff
?? Identify opportunities to collaborate and develop clinical integration opportunities with owners and other health delivery systems to achieve affordable outcomes
?? Provide clinical guidance, support and education
?? Promote collaboration between both internal and external healthcare team members
?? Develop and implement strategic plans related to the quality improvement, management programs and accreditation standards
?? Assure the ongoing development and implementation of policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of medical staff services
Requirements for the Chief of Staff
- MD, Medical Doctor
?? A current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Oklahoma.
?? Certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties in his/her respective specialty.
?? A minimum of 5 years professional post-residency experience in direct patient care.
?? Knowledge of managed healthcare systems, medical quality assurance, quality improvement, and risk management.
?? Strategic and innovative thinker with proven ability to communicate a vision and drive results.
?? Demonstrated, management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
?? Ability to solve problems and execute on initiatives.
?? Ability to work collaboratively internally and externally.
?? Self-assured and results oriented
?? Experience and demonstrated successful leadership of case management, disease management, and/or population health programs.
?? Demonstrated ability to assess business needs, design and implement programs and evaluate results.
This job is a full time permanent position. Must be a US citizen, permanent resident or green card holder. No sponsorship will be provided.
Chief Financial Officer
Hospital applied for CAH status and hoping to be approved 2019. Great location: close driving distance to Monterey and Paso Robles California, Central Coast! Must be comfortable living in a rural environment. 45 minutes from ocean.
CFO will direct, supervise and coordinate functions and activities assigned to areas of responsibility.?? Consults with and advises the Hospital Chief Executive Officer on problems related to the financial operation of the Hospital: recommends changes in policy, facility operations of the Hospital and programs to achieve the Hospital's objectives. Provides leadership, direction and administration of Hospital financial systems. Reports to CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS Education: ??????????????? Degree in Business Administration with accounting emphasis- required ??????????????? CPA highly desirable Work Experience: ??????????????? Work experience in an acute care hospital or other health care institution, public accounting firm or related environment as a controller or similar function level highly desirable. California experience preferred. Skills
??????????????? Demonstrated in depth knowledge and experience in managing general accounting, patient accounting, budgeting, reimbursement, management information systems, materials management, utilization review and medical records system. ??????????????? Familiarity with financial and patient care information systems, within a highly computerized organization. ??
Purpose of Role:
The primary role of the Chief Pilot to provide guidance and leadership with regards to Pilots, Flight Attendants and Dispatchers in the safe and efficient execution of air transportation in support of Lowe's Companies, Inc. and its subsidiaries. Operational guidelines are outlined in The Lowe's Companies, Inc. Flight Operations Manual (FOM), and this candidate must comply with mandatory FAA rules and regulations.
Makes decisions involving general business issues, budgetary control, crews and aircraft assignments with regards to the Aviation Department
Develops strategies, policies, and programs for the allocation of flight crew resources to meet company needs and maximize utilization
Monitors the aviation industry through benchmarking and evaluation of peer departments. Remains informed and ensures compliance with the latest develops concerning Federal, State, local and foreign regulations affecting operations
Establishes and administers corporate policy for use of outside air charter operators
Assists with monitoring overall operations to ensure the highest levels of safety while promoting the Lowe's Aviation Safety culture in all aspects of the aviation department
Develops and manages the annual operating expense and capital budgets for the aviation operations function
Provides leadership to members of the operations team, including appropriate performance management and robust development of all team members through effective delegation, coaching and training.
Develops, coordinates and implements necessary security measures to ensure the safety and security of all aircraft, facilities and passengers
Assists the Safety Manager in the implementation of the Company's Emergency Response Plan in the event of an aircraft accident or incident
Assumes flight duties regularly and acts as Pilot-in-Command ensuring safe and efficient service to passengers while monitoring the standardization and procedures of flight crews
Ensures crew scheduling complies with flight and duty time limitations
Ensures appropriate pilot staffing levels per aircraft type based upon company utilization and demand
Recommends and coordinates the acquisition of new aircraft and the active oversight of aircraft completion and entry into service
Acts as department head in the absence of the Director of Aviation
Assumes any duties delegated by the Director of Aviation
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Aviation
Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (ATP)
Airplane Multi-Engine Land Pilot Certificate
Appropriate Type Rating (Preferred)
Second Class Medical (First Class for International Flights)
5,000 Hours Total Flight Time (Min)
2,500 Hours Multi-engine
1,000 Hours Jet
Experience as a Check Airman/Evaluator
No FAA accidents/incidents
Job Opportunity In Hawaii For A Chief Physicist (10132)
New healthcare facility in Hawaii in need of a Chief physicist to join their team, duties will be 50% administrative and 50% clinical, Heavy IMRT, SBRT, eventual RSO duties. Varian shop (Truebeam).
Job opportunity in Hawaii for a Chief Physicist
This facility offers competitive employee compensation and benefits, team-oriented work environment with state-of-the-art equipment & technology.
Great opportunity to build your own Physics department from the start overseeing a team of 6 physics and dosimetrists and enjoy the beautiful beaches, surf, scenery and cosmopolitan life of this wonderful island.
- 5+ supervisory experience
- ABR certification and license
- RSo a plus.
- Must have strong communication and team building skills
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Have a self-motivated and confident approach.
- Professionally mature and energetic individual.
- Great interpersonal skills and team working abilities.
- Must be flexible, reliable and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative.
- Proven strategic thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills.
If you are interested in this great job opportunity, please apply now or contact us for more information.
Chief Executive Officer, Collegetracks
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Silver Spring, MD
CollegeTracks is a dynamic organization with dedicated staff, board and volunteers who believe that every student who graduates from high school deserves the opportunity to complete college or technical school regardless of his or her family income or experience with the college application process. Despite Montgomery County’s excellent public school system and perceived affluence, there is an opportunity gap. CollegeTracks was founded to close that gap. Many qualified low-income high school graduates lack the support needed to navigate the complexities of higher education. CollegeTracks is addressing this need through innovative, high-impact programs. Recognizing that getting a college or vocational degree is critical to finding a job, succeeding at that job, and supporting a family, CollegeTracks changes lives and communities by helping Montgomery County’s low-income, first-generation-to-college students with the college and financial aid application process and providing mentoring during college so students may persist and graduate. Since 2003, more than 3,600 CollegeTracks students have enrolled in college; they are graduating at 2 to 3 times the rates of their low-income peers nationally.
We are seeking a seasoned executive leader with a passion for closing the opportunity gap, proven experience in a high-performing nonprofit leadership role, and an ability to build and sustain successful relationships with partners and funders. The top candidate will also lead the execution of the mission, serve as the organization’s primary public spokesperson, ensure the organization’s financial health and operational efficiency, and manage and grow a talented staff.
- Vision and strategy: Lead CollegeTracks’ strategic direction and program growth; collaborate with staff, board, and key stakeholders to set and achieve clear goals
- Relationship management: Develop and cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders, including foundations, nonprofit partners, corporate supporters, government agencies, volunteers, and board members
- Resource development: Manage existing funder relationships and generate new revenue from diverse sources including county, corporate and foundation partners
- Programs, operations, and financial management: Oversee successful programs and operations, including effective financial management, reporting, risk management and compliance
- Communications and external relations: Serve as the principal spokesperson and advocate for CollegeTracks and generate new external opportunities to collaborate and grow
- Staff leadership and culture: Ensure that all functions are appropriately staffed and provide professional development, coaching, and mentorship to staff
- Impact measurement: Oversee the collection and use of data to monitor progress and quality, learn, improve programs, and report on impact
- Proven ability to help shape and execute an organization’s strategy and successfully advance its mission
- Previous experience in a nonprofit leadership role, including managing and coaching a talented leadership team, and experience or appetite for partnering with an engaged board of directors
- Demonstrated aptitude for cultivating strong relationships with existing and new funders and diverse community partners, to drive sustainability and growth
- Commitment to cultivating a culture of continual learning and growth grounded in data
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- An ability to relate to diverse audiences
Learn more about CollegeTracks at https://www.collegetracksusa.org/
Chief Medical Officer (Part-Time, 3 Days/Week)
Location: King City, CA
Salary: $210,000 - $220,000
Employment type: Part-time, 3 days/week, Exempt
Reports To: CEO
- The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) is the leadership position that serves to strengthen the relationship between hospital administration and the medical staff.
- He/she is the chief administrative leader responsible for clinical quality within the organization.
- The CMO works closely with administrative staff and members of the medical staff and its leadership to maintain the high quality of medical care, to promote medical staff participation in furthering the mission of the organization and to develop and ensure compliance with the Physician/Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations.
- The CMO is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the medical staff services for the entire organization including both acute care/clinics and all outpatient services.
- The CMO assists the medical staff in formulating standards of care and strategic direction for quality, facilitates communication between the medical staff and administration, and ensures positive medical staff relations.
- The CMO will provide medical leadership for the Hospital physicians, ARNPs, and PAs.
- The CMO participates in recruitment, selection, and evaluation of Hospital physicians, ARNPs, and PAs.
- The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and also works with: Chief Clinical Officer (CCO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), Chief Information Officer (CIO), Clinics Director, Quality Director, Medical Staff Director; Chief of Staff, and
Medical Executive Committee (MEC).
- Active MD or DO License to practice medicine in California (MD or DO)
- Board Certified
- Graduate from an accredited medical school
- Continued Education Required to maintain Board Certification.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration – Highly preferred
- Advanced training and/or experience in Medical Management, Healthcare Law, and/or Quality Improvement preferred.
- Completion of physician executive leadership coursework and management skills training is expected.
- Experience with designing effective clinical practice patterns and Clinical protocols to decrease inappropriate utilization and enhance quality outcomes.
- Must be current and up-to-date on hospital clinical quality, benchmarking, and best practices.
- Eight (8) years of practice experience along with five (5) years of senior management experience in a Healthcare setting is preferred.
- Prior experience as Chief Medical Officer preferred.
- Prior leadership experience in hospital and/or physician clinical quality is required.
- Candidates with other significant physician Leadership experience will also be considered.
- Experience in developing data tools to evaluate clinical outcomes and an understanding of Healthcare information technology is required.
- Previous experience with EMR implementations is helpful.
Chief Financial Officer
What You'll Do:
- Oversee and manage all accounting and finance activities within the company, working with external accounting firm and hiring an internal team as needed.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document record-keeping and accounting systems.
- Guide financial decisions by preparing and analyzing accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues, identify cost-saving opportunities, and provide advice.
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Lead the planning, coordination, and implementation of the annual capital and operating budget process in collaboration with other department leaders.
- Optimize existing banking portfolio, investor, and debt strategies for business growth and development.
- Ensure effective management of liquidity and all funding sources to secure most favorable terms when borrowing is required.
- Ensure inventory, manufacturing, and tax costs are tracked and reported accurately.
- Maintain Accounting and ERP systems, configuring and making changes as needed.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements.
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Strong business planning skills to execute strategic projects with implications for business areas with rapidly evolving business processes.
- Must possess a balanced perspective on strategic and tactical issues.
- Professional verbal and written communication style with the ability to interact with customers, vendors, and employees.
We're Looking For:
- 10+ years’ experience in accounting or finance.
- 5+ years' experience in manufacturing, preferably consumer electronics.
- Experience with global accounting and overseas manufacturing required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Cost Accounting and GAAP.
- Experience setting up accounting systems & processes associated with bringing a new product to market.
- Must possess a balanced perspective on strategic and tactical issues.
- Professional verbal and written communication style with the ability to interact with customers, vendors, and employees.
About Follicle: After rigorous research and development, Follicle is launching a revolutionary hair care product. We're a startup headquartered in Milwaukee, WI. We're looking for people who are energetic, collaborative, and ready to do what it takes to set the business up for explosive growth.
Benefits & Perks:
- Opportunity for Growth & Advancement
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Fun, friendly office culture with a prime downtown location
Group Chief Financial Officer
- Responsible for management of all aspects of corporate/financial/accounting functions inclusive of financial planning, budgetary controls, treasury management, tax planning, forecasting & etc.
- Establish operational budgets and manage company cash flow to ensure that budgeted goals are achieved and cost objectives are met.
- Manage and review audited accounts and to ensure all audit findings points are promptly resolved.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements including audit, tax matters and any other corporate governance.
- Oversee and participate in feasibility studies and due diligence on potential investment and development projects, acquisition of new land bank, organisation budget, determining cost effectiveness of respective development projects and its execution, to advise on the investment impact to the group cash and profit position.
- Responsible to source for project funding, evaluate and apply for financing and loan instruments.
- Oversee cash flow projections of the Company to control payment and collection schedule for individual property development project to achieve efficiency in cash management system.
- Leading the periodical review on property development and construction budget with project teams to evaluate the reasonableness of financial results.
- Perform ad-hoc projects, analysis and forecasting related to accounts activity.
- Accountancy Degree (hons) or other professional Accountancy qualifications. Member of MIA.
- At least 10 years’ experience of which 5 years in senior capacity in public listed companies.
- Excellent working knowledge of all accounting matters, consolidated accounts and corporate matters.
- Good business and practical strategic thinking and analysis skills
- High integrity, leadership and dedication
- Fluent in oral and written English, Bahasa Malaysia.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!