Joiner Apprentice Job Description Sample
The Frame Joiner is responsible for the joining and assembly of wall décor and custom frames. This position works in a team environment to accomplish the common goal of producing and assembling wall décor and custom frames for distribution. Employees will be trained in multiple disciplines including but not limited to: identifying various types of frame molding, accurate joining of frame molding, assembling and joining of frames, and production of wall décor and custom frames. Employees must be dependable, have a keen eye for detail and the ability to work at a fast pace.
Essential Job Functions The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach for and carry objects with hands and arms; communicate verbally with co-worker sand management. The employee is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see up close, differentiate between colors, proper depth perception, ability to adjust focus and keen eye for detail.
Must be able to lift items that weigh up to 50 lbs and are 10’ in height on a daily basis.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, reach above and below the shoulders, squat, bend and kneel as necessary to perform the job.
- Must be able to tolerate working in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to tolerate working in an environment with a high level of noise.
- Must be able to accurately follow specific instructions for multiple detailed assembly process.
- Must be reliable. Must be able to work flexible hours depending on business demands.
- Must be able to focus in a high activity environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting of work orders and cut sheets
- Consistently meet minimum required production, accuracy or quality standards for the work performed.
- Consistently meet minimum performance standards as set forth by Company Management earn and demonstrate proficiency in essential job functions including but not limited to: identification of different framing materials, accurate cutting of framing materials and assembling and joining of wall décor and custom frames.
- Individually and in partnership with other co-workers, perform inventory production-line re-stocking
- Ensure that all warehouse equipment and tools are properly utilized to increase productivity, efficiency, and safety; report any unsafe conditions, damaged equipment or injury to self or co-worker to company management.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize proper techniques for lifting and handling of heavy objects, climbing ladders, and pushing/pulling pallet jacks. Ensure that work area is kept neat, clean, safe, and organized at all times.
- Maintain courteous and positive relationship with all co-workers and customers.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred. Ability to demonstrate basic proficiency with scanners, printers, and computers.
- Ability to demonstrate basic proficiency calculating measurements and converting square footage.
- Previous experience with Pneumatic equipment including nail guns and staplers preferred.
- Previous experience with routers, skill saws and hand saws preferred
- Good verbal/written communication skills, basic math skills, and ability to read documents such as work orders, safety rules, operating instructions and procedural manuals.
- Ability to speak and read English.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays
Electrician Apprentice (I, II, Iii) - Industrial Automation
The position of "Electrician Apprentice - Industrial Automation" within All Systems Electrical means that you have a quality mindset who likes to travel and provide electrical services to the industrial automation industry. You will be part of a team that will work on various stages of a project within a distribution facility and your experience will determine the types of tasks you will perform. This can include the wiring of industrial components, bending and threading conduit runs, installing electrical hardware, reading drawings and creating pull logs.
If you like to travel, read on as this position will require travel (in and out of State) and extended stays at various job locations. The position requires the candidate to fully comply with all the safety and electrical regulations as required by local and federal jurisdictions, and to always abide by the company’s safe practice policies and procedures.
All Systems Electrical is a leader in turnkey integration of electrical control systems and a solutions provider to the industrial automation industry. Having been awarded complex and mission critical projects with some of the largest and iconic brands in the world, ASE is committed to excellence and dedicated to building lasting relationships by providing quality products and dependable service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install electrical components as required by supervisors.
- Perform the measuring, cutting, bending, threading, assembling and installation of conduit.
- Use electrical testing instruments such as, but not limited to, volt meters and programming terminals to test panel components.
- Operate Fork Lift’s, Scissor lifts, and other Powered Industrial equipment as required (if certified).
- Fulltime 40HR+ work week position.
- Ability to travel for weeks at a time (Travel 90% - 100%).
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as required.
- Ability to perform tasks wearing required PPE.
- Ability to use Power tools such as but not limited to a grinder, sawzall, band saw, drill, impact, skill saw, hammer drill, etc.
- Ability to use a “Smart Phone” or “Tablet” to send and receive emails.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or educational equivalent.
- Has completed or is currently enrolled in an accredited electrical apprenticeship program or;
- Can demonstrate a level of skill expected of an Apprentice Electrician (Beginner to Advanced)
- Posses a valid driver’s license.
- Clean driving record and the ability to drive company vehicles.
- Active Forklift certification/card (or attainable with recertification).
- Pass background, drug screen and E-verify checks.
- Experience working with conveyor systems or similar industrial machinery.
- Understand basic electrical calculations.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Have a high regard and ownership for personal safety and the safety of others.
- Strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of other construction trades a plus.
- Self-starter, eager to learn and take on new tasks.
- Experience with Motor Controls, Control Wiring and PLC for industrial machinery a plus!
- “Arc” or “Mig” electric or gas welding experience a plus!
- Competitive wages
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Medical and Dental health insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Travel Expenses
- TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI W/ FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
• Experience with GUI development
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with React.js (highly preferred)
• Experience with AngularJS, Leaflet.js, and/or D3.js
• Experience with Web Service development
• Experience with Go
• Experience with Docker
• Experience with MySQL, MongoDB, and/or Redis
0-2 years experience in the development, engineering, interfacing, integration of hardware and software systems to include an understanding of requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, concepts of operation, interface standards, and system architectures
Apprentice - Electrical
We are looking for entry level technicians interested in the field of renewable energy, specifically photovoltaic systems. This position requires an independent, resourceful individual who is capable of meeting all of our customer’s needs in an efficient and productive manner. This individual must have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of electricity and capable of quickly learning in depth root cause analysis & troubleshooting. This individual must also have excellent computer and organizational skills. MaxGen is the last line of defense for our customers and our reputation is based on delivering the highest quality work in a timely fashion.
MaxGen Energy Services (http://maxgenservices.com/) is the nation’s largest independent service provider for the clean energy industry.
MaxGen has two major lines of business. The first is the planning, design and construction of electric vehicle (EV) charging and battery energy storage infrastructure. MaxGen is a specialist in the market and serves many of major companies leading the electrification of passenger and fleet vehicles. The second line of business is comprehensive operations and maintenance services for solar, battery energy storage, and EV infrastructure owners and operators around the United States.
The company has a central operations center and a team of nation-wide highly-trained technicians to provide in-the-field O&M services for commercial, industrial, and utility customers and has a distinguished reputation for safety and performance.
Apprentice - Electrical Job Responsibilities
The following responsibilities are not limited to:
• Commission and test large scale solar energy facilities, including but not limited to; insulation testing (megger testing), I-V curve testing, VOC/ IMP testing, thermal imagery, torque tests and performance evaluations.
• Troubleshoot, service, test & perform routine maintenance on all equipment associated with PV systems.
• Perform extensive corrective repair on all equipment associated with PV systems, up to and including full system removal and replacement.
• Document and research all non-conforming issues found after an inspection. Report all NEC code violations found after an inspection.
• Document all receipts, labor hours and job expenses
• Participate in site safety assessments and assist in identifying all safety hazards on job-site, then take part in a safety meeting with all other employees on proper safety protocol.
• Identify un-safe work or operating conditions and take proper action to neutralize hazards.
• Review of construction prints and verify electrical calculations as well as field verification.
• After each site visit, generate a report of all findings using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & Power Point) to present the customer as a professional document.
Apprentice - Electrical Education and Experience
• Possess valid Electrical Trainee card
• Hands on experience with electrical concepts, techniques and safety practices.
• Clean driving record
• Strong computer skills – Excel, Word, overall navigation and organization
• Knowledge of measuring voltage, current, frequency, insulation, and phase rotation.
• Ability to learn troubleshooting techniques and industry standard electrical practices.
• NFPA 70e training
• OSHA certification
• NABCEP certification
• Experience with firmware upgrade procedures
• Experience with residential, commercial & utility PV systems
• 50% of travel required
• Ability to lift 50 pounds, ability to climb a ladder, work in all climates (extreme heat, cold, etc.)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills requires of personnel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities
MaxGen is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Plumbing Apprentice II
Apprentice Technician – Decatur, IL
Trouble Mechanic Apprentice (8079 Rge) West Avenue, Rochester, NY
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!