Kennel Manager Dog Track Job Description Sample
Animal Care - Kennel Tech / Dog Trainer
Kennel Tech/Dog Trainer Job Description
This position will work primarily in our kennels ensuring all dogs are properly taken care of. This position will also be providing basic and advanced levels of dog training to the dogs in our care. Dog training activities including basic puppy manners, housebreaking, leash training, behavior modification, and any other training requirements. Applicant must be willing to train and work with all types of breeds and temperaments, including severe aggression. This training will follow the Sit Means Sit patented training procedures. This position will eventually lead to the trainer working directly with clients and educating those clients how to train their dogs. This will be done through demonstration, verbal and written communication, direct teaching, and any other productive means determined by the client’s and dog’s situation.
Because of the constant interaction with customers, excellent written and verbal communication skills are a necessity. Also, the trainer must have excellent customer service skills, as excellent customer service is one of Sit Means Sit Madison primary goals.
Training will primarily take place at our training facility located at 3032 Progress Rd. Madison WI 53716. The training may also take place in the customer's home and away from the training center, therefore, the trainer must be a self starter and able to be motivated and work without direct supervision. Experience is preferred but not a prerequisite.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Keeping all kennels clean and disinfected.
Cleaning and disinfecting the entire facility.
Greeting clients and assisting intake process.
Conducting or supporting private classes and small group classes.
Take in Board & Train dogs and training them consistently throughout the Board & Train period
Assisting in or running marketing events
Working with veterinary offices, groomers, and others in the pet care industry to educate them on the Sit Means Sit method of training
Always maintaining a professional appearance and attitude when in public representing Sit Means Sit (including when in a branded vehicle or wearing branded attire)
Continue to improve training skills and knowledge
Practicing safe training practices to ensure client, dog, personal and public safety – safety is always the number one concern and priority and when in doubt error on the side of safety
Helping to maintain a clean, safe and organized work environment
All other duties deemed necessary to provide safe, happy, confident, obedient dogs in a safe and productive working environment.
Must be at least 18yrs of age
Must have reliable transportation
Flexible work schedule including working 12hr Shift and working evenings and weekends
High School Degree or Equivalent
Team Player with great interpersonal skills
Desire to work in the pet industry long term
Great communication skills
Dog Care Manager
- The Dog Care Manager leads and oversees all responsibilities of the Handlers and Kennel Attendants. This person should take the lead on all canine activities. He is responsible for ensuring that the back of the store runs smoothly each day and that the dogs are given the best care can offer.
- Cleaning Supplies – The Dog Care Manager (hereafter referred to as DCM) tracks the use of cleaning supplies, including but not limited to bleach, disinfectant, Biofresh, laundry detergent, trash bags, scent odor cans, paper towels, toilet paper, hand soap, and hand disinfectant. He should make up an inventory sheet each week to give to either the GM or RM for ordering purposes. He should also check scent odor cans on a weekly basis to ensure cans are full and the batteries are still functioning.
- Other Supplies – The DCM should also communicate to the GM or RM when other supplies are needed for the smooth functioning of the back of store. This may include but is not limited to dry erase boards and markers, sponges, mop buckets, mop heads, mop handles, property bins (for the kennels), and tools for basic repair and maintenance.
- Kennels – Oftentimes the DCM will be the one breaking down, cleaning, and resetting the kennels. All personal property should be carefully collected and labeled so it goes home with the correct owners. He is also responsible for training other employees on how to properly accomplish this task. If for some reason the DCM did not clean the kennels, it is his responsibility to follow up on the work of the other employee to make sure everything was completed.
- Food/Medications – Again, feedings and medications will often fall to the DCM. He is responsible for correctly portioning out food, administering medications, keeping track of meds/dogs not eating/vomiting or diarrhea, as well as double checking the work of the Attendants who may have aided in this task.
- Day Care – The DCM is responsible for all activities going on in day care. Because the Handlers may not leave the day care rooms unattended, the DCM needs to relieve them for breaks and fulfill their hourly requirements
- Drinking Water – The DCM should be refreshing the drinking buckets in the day care rooms at least once an hour (or more often if needed) and indicate this on the Activity Log.
- Mop Buckets – Mop Buckets should be emptied, rinsed, and refilled at least once an hour (or more often if needed). They should be redistributed to the day care rooms along with fresh mops, and this should be indicated on the Activity Log.
- Games – The DCM needs to ensure that the Handlers are complying with the required games set forth by The Dog Stop® (including but limited to Up and Down, Recall, Sit and Stay, and Follow the Leader). As these games are completed each hour, the DCM should sign off of that Handler’s Activity Log. If there are any questions regarding the execution of the games, the DCM should be available to aid the employee.
- End of Day – DCM should aid the Handlers in taking in-house boarding dogs participating in day care back to their kennels where he will ensure they have proper food, water, and medications (if applicable). Once this is complete the DCM should supply Handlers with fresh trash bags, buckets, and sponges so they can begin cleaning their rooms and playground equipment.
- Labeling – After performing a temperament test and observing the dog play, the DCM should label the dog’s play style according to AACPH standards. This label should be transferred to the dog’s profile in Atlantis, and the dog should be placed with dogs of the same style from that point forward. For more information on these play styles, please see The Employee Handbook.
- Time-Out Log – Since the Handlers cannot leave their rooms unattended, it is the DCM’s job to transfer dogs to a time-out area and ensure that this is properly recorded in the Time-Out Log.
- A-Rate Rotations – The DCM assumes responsibility for ensuring that all A-rate dogs are properly rotated outside (or to a break area) and this is all recorded on the A-Rate Rotation Log.
- Incidences/First Aid – Should a physical altercation occur between dogs or between a dog and a staff member, the DCM should be the first responder. He is responsible for breaking apart those involved and safely escorting them to a quiet place where any damage can be assessed and first aid applied (if necessary). All pertinent information should be communicated to the GM (and RM if that person is on duty), and an Incident Report should be written and sent to the owners of the store.
- Temperament Tests - Before a dog is allowed to participate in day care activities, it must first pass a temperament test administered by a DCM. For more information on how to properly perform a temperament test see Employee Handbook.
- Building Maintenance – Since the DCM will have the most hands-on experience with equipment in the back of the Store, he is responsible for its upkeep as well as informing the GM or RM when something needs to be serviced.
Cleaning all items outside of kennels and the day care rooms also falls into this category. This includes but is not limited to any outside area, fencing outside of the day care rooms, hallways, break rooms, and utility areas.
- DCMs (with the help of RMs and GMs) are responsible for implementing and sustaining Employee Rewards System. Behavior categorized by this system as exceptional should be rewarded according to the program.
- Running – Should the GM or RM need assistance transferring dogs to or from our care, the DCM should be available to help. This means he is depositing dogs in day care, correctly labeling and storing leashes, pulling dogs from day care, correctly leashing them, and providing friendly customer service.
Dog Handler - Dog Daycare Manager
Ruff Day Resort (1999 Empire Blvd) is looking for a mature, responsible person who would like to work part time with dogs and their people.
This is a Part –time position with as little as 10 hours a week or as many as 35. Advancement opportunities and or perks will be given to the right individual.
Dependability and high energy are a must. Flexibility is also required as days and hours will change due to the number of dogs on schedule. You must be able to work some weekends and holidays in addition to weekday shifts.
If you do not have a genuine love towards dogs, this is not the place for you. It is physically demanding and mentally challenging. We are seeking someone who is mature enough to understand and accept the responsibility of caring for peoples
We spend a lot of time cleaning up after dogs. This involves but is not limited to handling a lot of poop, pee, mud, snow and or rain. Dogs have to be fed the right food and given the right medications. You will need to be organized and be able to remember who gets what and what dog belongs to which client.
You will have to remember all of the dog's names and behavioral issues. You will be on your feet for the majority of your shift. Additionally, you will be outside in the weather just like the dogs.
Applicants must have a valid drivers license and their own car. Applicants with experience are preferred.
Interested applicants should visit our website www.ruffdayresort.com
You may also email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking a Kennel Manager to join our team! You will be responsible for the overall care and well-being of the animals at our facility.
- Handle general care tasks such as feeding and grooming of the animals
- Assist in restraining animals for veterinary management
- Keep records of animal feedings, treatments, and other updates
- Lead the kennel team
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment
- Previous experience handling dogs and cats
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to be on feet for 10 hours
- Ability to interact with animals in a calm, non-threatening manner
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Working weekends is required
Restaurant Operations Manager Flying Dog Brewery In BWI Airport
Location: Baltimore F&B
Unit Name: Flying Dog Brew Pub
Unit Code: BWIMIC04
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
The F&B Operations Manager is responsible for assisting the F&B Multi Operations Manager or Director of Operations in operating assigned brands, units, and/or concepts. This position is responsible for day-to-day supervision of operations associates, assigning work to both management and non-management associates, monitoring unit/concept/store level operation performance, coaching and developing associates, and performing all other responsibilities as directed by their manager. This is an exempt position and typically reports to the F&B Multi Operations Manager and/or designee, depending on local requirements.
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of multiple non-exempt operations associates within a defined individual or group of restaurants, concepts or stores
- Assigns work tasks and activities, prepares schedules, and ensures that all shifts are covered
- Maintains a working knowledge of all applicable brand standards, CBAs, Landlord lease agreements, and all procedures and protocols to maximize brand/landlord/labor relations
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of all federal, state, and local sanitary, safety, and health standards, and all procedures and protocols to comply with the law
- Prepares daily orders, ensures units are stocked with appropriate levels of product and coaches Shift Supervisors and Assistant F&B Operations Managers on order procedures
- Conducts and coordinates on-the-job training for associates, and ensures all associates receive basic skills training to perform their jobs
- Uses judgment and discretion to resolve less routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to higher levels
- Interviews job candidates, provides recommendations for hiring, terminations, advancement, promotion or any other status change of associates within the store
- Supports DO and/or Multi-Unit F&B Manager in developing and implementing creative strategies to increase revenue
- Monitors progress towards unit goals and assigns associates to meet those objectives
- Requires 3-5 or more years of experience as a supervisor or unit-level manager in high volume and/or multi-unit Food and Beverage or Merchandise operations or other related management experience
- Demonstrates team management, delegation and issue resolution skills and the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates knowledge of HMSHost policies and product, service, quality, equipment and operations standards
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with individuals
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
|Location||MD - Baltimore - Baltimore Airport|
Associated topics: back end, bakery manager, day shift manager, food service supervisor, front end, gerente de cocina, management, manager, shift manager, store manager
Manager - Dog Boarding Daycare
Bliss Pet Resort & Spa is a small luxury dog, daycare, boarding, and grooming resort located in the heart of Prosper. Our mission is to provide high quality quality pet care to the needs of our guests with safety and well being of the pets at the forefront of all decisions and actions by all employees whiling delivering top-notch customer service.
Do you have an affinity for Leadership? We need you! Keep reading.
The Resort Management position typically is responsible for all aspects of managing the pet resort daily inclusive of operations, sales, and customer service. Has complete operational accountability to achieve sales, service, organization, customer satisfaction, and profitability goals for the site in compliance with company procedures. Provides team leadership and ensures staff maintains facility cleanliness and dog health and safety standards. Upholds and grows facility reputation through client relationship building and forging business partnerships.
This important leadership role is responsible for maintaining accountability and safety for a team of up to 10- 15 employees, a group of up to 70 dogs per day, as well as a seamless execution in an operationally intense environment!
We are a fast-paced business and the candidate should be prepared to spend their day on his/her feet as needed. Multi-tasking and maintaining organization in a busy environment is critical.
Hours : Full-time, exempt. Schedule varies with hours between 6:30am to 7:30pm 7 days a week with every other weekend and holiday availability.
Compensation: Base salary + performance based bonus
Benefits : 10 days PTO, discounted daycare boarding, & grooming services, monthly bonus, paid continuing education, retirement matching, healthcare benefits
Why Us? As a business, we strive to provide top-notch pet and customer care not only to those we service but also our employees as well. We offer competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to learn and grow (both professionally and personally). We have a true team environment, friendly and respectful of customers and staff. We look forward to you becoming part of the family!
- Relationship Focused- We care about our teammates and customers by placing and emphasis on relationship building
- Demonstrate Excellent communication in written and oral contexts with teammates and customers
- Driven by a high work ethic. We follow policies, procedures, and do more than meet expectations, we also take initiative and work independently
- Confidence - demonstrates expert wisdom at what we do and our mission, good posture/body language, professional appearance
- Attitude - we are humble, flexible, & enthusiastic. Our thoughts are always positive. Drama does not exist.
- Sense of urgency - performs all tasks in a fast, efficient, quality manner
- Seeks growth - open to learning from others, improving oneself, advancing knowledge and education
- Forward thinkers- We think, act, and "do" in terms of maximizing growth and sales for the company in our daily actions
Why do we do what we do?!
We believe in taking the best possible care of the animals, always putting their needs first and delivering relationship based customer service.
This is what we believe in. What about you? Keep reading for more info!
- Staff Management- Responsible for interviewing, training and development, scheduling, and coaching of team. Upholds accountability of team to policies and procedures and regularly offers feedback to assist in team's overall growth. Establishes a positive “team spirit” by implementing practices to increase moral, motivation, and individual job satisfaction among entire staff.
- Safety and Health- Maintain all safety and health procedures for the dogs and employees throughout the facility. Reports any concerns to the owner regularly and offers continuous training of team in areas regarding the safe play and handling of all dogs in our care. Keeps detailed records and notes of any potential health and/or safety issues. Offers conversations with clients concerning any potential issues with their dog. Schedules cleaning chores and daily tasks and is responsible for maintaining efficiency of team during the day.
- Financial and Administrative- Works actively with the owner to maintain budget and all controllable expenses such as payroll and supply management. Includes the creation and use of accounting statements to track income and expenses and utilizes spreadsheets daily to track numbers.
- Sales and Marketing-Grows sales and revenue through a variety of creative advertising and marketing approaches. Proactively markets the business in the community. Creates partnerships to raise revenue. Places an emphasis on establishing repeat clientele across service lines and expanding new client base. Oversees sales and marketing for both businesses – Bliss Pet Resort and Personable Pet Care to achieve above goals.
- Customer Service & Presentation- Maintain organization in the facility and cleanliness standards of the entire team and facility. Practices exceptional internal and external customer service consistently. Must have strong interpersonal and customer relations skills and expect and train the same of all team members.
- Symbolic Leadership- Leads by example in every decision and action. Maintains accountability and oversight of the facility and team daily, seeking out ways to improve profitability and efficiency toward higher goals. This includes upholding the company values of dog care and customer satisfaction to the highest level of integrity.
- Other Tasks-Communicate with owner regularly and remain flexible to tackle other duties, projects, and responsibilities as business needs arise.
Here are some traits of a true leader and what we are looking for!
- They don’t just give feedback when someone isn’t performing well. They look for ways to grow the people around them. They have conversations about what interests their employees and actively look for ways to develop them. They give honest feedback because they know it will benefit the person.
- They make you feel good about yourself and what you contribute. They notice what you do and thank you. They rely on you to deliver excellent results and point it out when you do.
- Selfless. They put the organization’s goals at the forefront, and use them as the primary criteria for decision-making. They have ambition, but they are smart enough to know that the fastest way to grow their career is to help their organization to succeed—even if it means making some sacrifices along the way for the greater good.
Does this sound like what you believe in?
Professional experience with dogs not necessary. However, must be willing to learn quickly about dog behavior and all operational aspects of leading a daycare, kennel and spa. Must be very comfortable and used to handling large dogs. Prior staff management of a team of 10 + people for 3+ years is required.
Interested in joining our team? Please submit your email with resume and cover letter today!
How to Apply:
- Send an email to: info AT blisspetresort DOT com (Convert that to our email address)
- Attach separate attachments of the following to your e-mail (This is to see if you pay attention to detail and can follow instructions):
- Cover letter describing why you are a good candidate for this position
- Your resume
- List of references
- Compensation requirements
Learn more about the company at www.blisspetresort.com and our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/blisspetresort
Little Dog Social Media - Account Manager
Little Dog Social Media (a Willetts Technology Company) is looking for new team members who enjoy being productive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to manage social media platforms for our clients. New team members must be flexible and have great organization and exceptional time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple clients with changing priorities. Other requirements include strong computer skills, the ability to work independently and in a team environment, and to bring a positive attitude to the office. Must be well versed in Microsoft Word and various social media platforms. Must own a smart phone, and be comfortable speaking on the phone. This position is office based, in Cumberland MD.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSES:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good Verbal and Written Communication
- Ability to Organize and Time Manage
Job duties include:
- Manage multiple social media platforms for customer accounts
- Work with different software tools to maintain accounts
- Create and maintain customer profiles on various social media platforms
- Maintain email and telephone communication with customers
- Track results and create reports for customers
- Keeping daily task organized and scheduled
- Finishing task/projects on time
- Being able to help out where needed with team members and the company
- Following company policies and procedures
This is an exciting position with a Company that is growing rapidly.
Pet Lodging Dogs And Cats Senior Staff Member Kennel Exp.
Growing pet hotel is looking for a FT manager of our cat and dog lodging.
Candidates for this position must have a proven positive track record of working with animals in a lodging or veterinary setting. Management experience is preferred, we are looking for a leader!
Ideal traits include excellent dog and cat handling skills, experience recognizing signs of health and disease in animals, absolute reliability in coming to work, and enthusiasm and confidence in your people interactions.
We are looking for a positive person who wants to make a difference and is not afraid to make decisions.
FT hours include every other weekend and holidays. Benefits provided after 6 months employment. Benefits include healthcare, paid time off, sick time, and employee discounts.
We are looking for someone to be a game changer. We have a young staff that is craving a leader.
Responsibilities to include hiring your staff, making the schedule, running shifts or 30+ employees, and most of all, taking ownership of the facility!!
Please call me anytime @ 215.345.6960
Thanks for looking at this ad ---Fran Kealey
Chalfont doylestown ottsville plumsteadville pipersville dogs animals good pay great job philadelphia warrington bucks county warminster southampton yardley northampton richboro newtown washington crossing new hope new jersey lambertville stockton ottsville pipersville plumsteadville chalfont new britain lansdale hatfield north wales horsham hatboro willow grove chalfont ottsville buckingham bensalem, etc ..., bucks county levittown oxford valley mayfair horsham hatboro huntingdon huntinton valley warwick jamison new hope perkasie souderton hatfiled lansdale hatfield north wales blue bell dog dogs cat cats animal animals marketing market dogs cats cat dog job sales money compensation work
Restaurant Manager With Fast Track To General Manager
- Ensure company policy and Brand Equity Standards are followed.
- Optimize profits by controlling food, beverage and labor costs.
- Hiring, training and developing new hourly team members.
- Increasing sales by ensuring guest satisfaction and prompt problem resolution.
- Maintain an overall management style in accordance with our established best practices.
- Provide leadership and direction to all team members to ensure efficient operation.
- Ensure food quality and availability.
- Prepare and present hourly team member reviews.
- Oversee and supervise all beverage purchasing.
- Complete all tasks assigned by General Manager on time.
- 2+ years of Restaurant Management experience preferred.
- HS degree or equivalent preferred
- Has strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in a restaurant.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must have ability to accurately handle money, make change, process credit card transactions and have strong menu knowledge.
- Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Passion for the business and compassion for people.
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to recruit, develop and motivate team members.
- Must be able to create fun in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs.
- Typically works under general supervision and reports to an GM.
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Related Keywords: front of house restaurant manager food service management food dining eatery restaurant kitchen redrobin ARM FOH BOH Assistant Restaurant Managers Assistant Restaurant Management Assistant Restaurant Managers Assistant Dining Room Restaurant Management Assistant General Managers AGM GM fast track
Associated topics: assistant general manager, assistant gm, district manager, executive producer, fire captain, fire chief, manager in training, police captain, sergeant, shift lead
Assistant Manager & Dog Groomer
We are looking for two positions to join our team!
FT Assistant Manager-Experienced in pet retail with good customer skills, outgoing & friendly! Bonus & salary based upon experience & job performance. Must be able to lift 30lbs, work every Saturday & every other Sunday.
PT -Experienced Dog Groomer to join our team Monday, Tuesday & Saturday.
At the heart of Woof Gang Bakery is the fact that we love our dogs as much as you love your dog.
We have founded our business on the understanding that caring pet owners want to provide their pets with the happiest, healthiest quality of life possible.
We are committed to providing superior products that enhance the well-being of your dog. At Woof Gang Bakery, we know that dogs are a part of our families, dogs are our faithful companions, and dogs bring us joy. We’ll help you show your appreciation for their unconditional love and devotion.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!