Keno Writer Job Description Sample
Essential Job Functions:
Receives, verifies, redeems, and records cash wagers of Keno customers.
Maintains accurate ticket and cash transactions.
Records Keno winners and amounts paid.
Pulls games as required.
Provides quality customer services and maintains customer rapport by answering questions and explaining the rules of Keno play.
Spirit Mountain Standards:
Delivers Spirit Mountain's Branded Customer Service (BCS) by consistently modeling attitudes and behaviors in alignment with SMGI's Pride Values, Brand Promise and Business Vision.
Learns comprehends and complies with all Company and departmental policies and procedures, MICS, gaming regulations, and Regulation 31 requirements.
Follows all Corporate and departmental safety policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge of:
Keno rules and game strategies.
Computer hardware and software applications.
Basic math applications and cash handling techniques.
Required Skill in:
Operating basic computer hardware and software applications.
Applying basic math applications.
Communicating both orally and in writing.
Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
Education, Experience, Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications:
Lead Keno Writer/Runner
Oversee the operation of Keno on assigned shift, including supervising Keno staff, games and tournaments. Responsible for all games conducted and ensure compliance with all rules regulations and policies. Assist with game implementation when needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Ensure customer satisfaction and return visits through prompt, efficient and friendly service.
Opens and/or closes Keno/OTB department.
Supervises all Keno/OTB staff on shift, including scheduling, area assignments, performance counseling, evaluation and leave approval.
Trains new Keno/OTB staff and provides on-going training for existing staff as directed.
Approves payoffs at limited level, seeks authorization for payoffs over specified amount.
Functions as writer as needed, including: working different stations of the game area, calling and verifying the game, collect game draws, and checking writer's revenue tapes for accuracy.
Ensures procedure sequence, as set forth by the department manager, to properly coordinate the game.
Maintains Keno supply needs to maintain operations and submits replacement requests accordingly.
Handles complaints from customers, deferring difficult concerns to supervisor.
Computer use, to log in/out daily accounts and access monthly Keno tournament accounts and daily e-mail correspondence.
Inventory for controlled items such as Keno ball, equipment, and continuous paper.
Comply with regulatory laws, employee handbook, department policy and procedures, safety codes, etc.
Promotes a clean, safe and healthy work environment for employees and guest. Promptly reports all concerns to supervisor.
Ensure that operation of equipment, tools and materials are handled in a safe manner.
Promote internal guest service standards through courteous and respectful behavior.
Other duties as assigned.
Quality Assurance Technical Writer
Resource Management Concepts, Inc. (RMC) provides high-quality, professional services to government and commercial sectors. Our mission is to deliver exceptional management and technology solutions supporting the protection and preservation of the people and environment of the United States of America.
We have an opportunity for a Quality Assurance/Technical Writer that will support our government client. Workload is focused on supporting the safety and health management needs of a large Federal agency with significant presence in the Washington, D.C. area.
The successful candidate will be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with little to no guidance and make recommendations on how to best structure technical documentation or reports to achieve client requirements. Candidate must have attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure. Must be able to edit a variety of correspondence up to 50-page reports, to include minutes of staff studies/meetings, inspection documents, trainings and briefings, and outreach material.
Technical requirements include:
Accuracy—ensuring content is technically correct and factual
Clarity—organization is easy to follow; content is clearly relevant and presented based on the intended audience, with highlighted important points; and paragraphs are clearly organized, unified, and developed, permitting ease of use or implementation
Comprehensiveness—relevant issues are addressed and adequate in length
Innovativeness—work products are presented showing creativity and originality
Professional Appearance—content is error-free (spelling/grammar/punctuation); format is attractive in design and conforms to standard practice
Education: Bachelor's degree in Communications, Written Communication and four (4) years of writing/editing experience.
A Master's degree may substitute for two (2) years of experience.
Additional requirements include a high level of competency using MS Office Suite applications, SharePoint, and Visio.
Security Clearance: An active clearance is not required to start. Qualified candidates MUST be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply for RMC job vacancies. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Writer - Ac360, CNN
Req ID: 168673
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
AC 360 is looking for a strong writer able to research and write conversational copy on tight deadlines. This person must be able to manage a fast-changing program, and adjust copy to accommodate those changes throughout the day. The writers work closely together, so this person must work well in a team environment. Writers are responsible for formatting scripts, working with the team to find compelling sound and video, and creating strong banners and graphics. Writers also write in-house packages and are required to pitch editorial content on a regular basis. Must also be able to handle breaking news, and turn copy quickly for a live program.
What do we need from you?
3+ years of experience writing in a television newsroom
A bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
Strong writing skills
Must be willing to work evening hours
Must be able to generate and execute compelling and creative story ideas
Must be flexible and able to work under deadline pressures
But wait, there's more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protect
Location: McLean, VA
Duration: Full time
MSI is looking for some Junior Proposal Writers, Proposal Leads, and Technical Writers to join our team here in Tysons Corner VA. The new team member will work with one of our proposal directors(junior role) or independently on the federal acquisition process. The candidate will have an in-depth understanding of English communication skills, both written and verbal. MSI’s currently going through a time of tremendous growth, adding more than 15 Task Orders wins and two IDIQ’s this year alone. This is a full-time position, with 10 PTO, 10 Holidays and 3 sick leave.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Write to the Federal contract/proposal process as per guidelines and procedures developed, maintained and taught by the MSI Contracts and Proposals department
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on various contractual/proposal opportunities to facilitate processing and approval and to ensure accurate and timely deliverables
- Analyze customer proposal requirements and prepare time-sensitive responses with our team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 4 years of proposal writing, or writing experience experience
- Federal government contracting experience a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel
Position: Technical Writer
Duration: Full time
MSI is seeking qualified candidates with the skills, experience and expertise to provide highly reliable, highly credible professional expertise to support Air Force’s global facility design and construction execution mission. The employee will be providing technical input to project managers and senior leadership; stakeholder integration and senior-level leader engagement on complex technical issues. The employee will be developing training programs for personnel in the design and construction field. The employee will be providing technical training, lessons learned, and best practices to technical and project management staff
- 10 years’ experience in technical writing, data management, and training development
- Relevant experience in design/construction field
- Ability to organize and gather project data, conduct analysis, prepare reports and provide recommendations without assistance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to work well with diverse personalities including project managers, customers, clients, subcontractors, and staff
- Ability to coordinate access to facilities, set up briefings, and conduct interviews with facility personnel
- Utilizing and applying computer software including
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s Degree
Technical Writer (Analyst II) - 18-060
AUSGAR Technologies, Inc., an EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans employer, is a rapidly growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Department of Defense, government contractor with core competencies in Information Assurance, Cyber Security and Systems Engineering. With offices on both the East and West coasts, an inviting culture, and above-standard benefits, opportunity abounds for the right individual!
Technical Writer 18-060
As a growing Department of Defense Contractor, AUSGAR Technologies is expanding its workforce and has NEW POSITION for a Technical Writer.
The Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE) Cybersecurity (CS) Engineer is a member of the NCTE CS team under the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Division. The NCTE CS team provides systems security solutions and security assessement and monitoring for the operation of NCTE's live, virtual and constructive training and NCTE networks in support of US Fleet Forces (USFF) and the Number Fleets.
The Technical Writer will function as an information specialist, preparing material for publications by gathering information; writing and editing technical, general interest materials; and coordinating collateral material using both printed and electronic media including the Portals and desktop publishing software to draft, edit, and lay out material for delivery. You will have the responsibility for final reviews of proposed artifacts for style, design, layout, and editorial aspects before government approval.
Provide preparation and assistance with authorization documentation and reporting of documented vulnerabilities.
Have a working Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework and cybersecurity.
Conduct final reviews of proposed deliverables for style, design, layout, and editorial aspects before government approval.
Gather necessary information from NCTE personnel, applicable policy, regulations, and best practices to support developing, writing, formatting, and editing technical and non-technical information for reports, manuals, procedures, processes, briefs, and other forms of documentation.
Provide technical and editorial document review and provide written feedback and expert opinion on draft cyber security information documents.
Maintains contractor operations personnel cybersecurity workforce training and certification records.
Draft, coordinate, and implement updates to maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Assist with the development spreadsheets showing analysis of vulnerability findings
Total Years of Related Experience for Position: 5 -10 years of Cybersecurity Technical Documentation experience
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 5-8 years of Cybersecurity experience preferred
DoD 8140 Cyberspace workforce Level II or Security+ certification required.
Hands-on Experience in Navy RMF/A&A and system testing required
Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes and knowledge of applicable DOD, NSA, DISA, and NIST Information Assurance policies and guidance
Working knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating Systems, Windows Operating System, routers, firewalls, and related infrastructure devices required
Experience in Vulnerability Remediation Asset Manager System (VRAM) and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) pertaining to performing scans, analyzing results and building reports
Experience with the development and/or updating of cyber security related policies, processes, or Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) for the last five years.
Strong writing skills for process, procedural document review/updating, and vulnerability management/remediation reports
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Ability to accept constructive feedback and implement changes immediately.
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Highly self-motivated and directed.
Ability to work with teams in various time zones.
Ability to travel as needed (15% or less).
Must possess an active US Secret clearance.
An essential qualification for this position is successfully obtaining a Secret security clearance issued by the Federal Government, which may require successful completion of a background check.
AUSGAR Technologies, Inc.is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. AUSGAR Technologies, Inc.is committed to engaging in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for females, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We are an EOE - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Senior Technical Writer W/ 5 Years Of Experience In Technical Writing And Proficiency In MS Office
TS/SCI SECURITY CLEARANCE (U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED)
- Edit and format technically complete draft documents to ensure that information meets applicable standards and conventions, is appropriate for the intended audience, is readable on both the technical and non-technical levels, and fulfills the documentation requirements.
- Provide centralized documentation control, from document creation through sunset, using various industry standard tools and methodologies for such aspects as library management, version control, review and approval processes, and Quality Assurance.
- Create and maintain the various templates and conventions guides for the program.
- BS/BA in Information Management, Business, or related field is required.
- At least 5 years of experience in Technical Writing and proficiency in MS Office
- Experience in developing, organizing, and maintaining technical documents and operational procedures and processes with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting IT, cyber, cloud, software, and engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer and IT related information into a compelling and compliant documents.
- Experience researching highly technical subject matter, organizing information from multiples sources, and expressing technical information in written form that is comprehensible to meet specific customer requirements.
Description of duties
U.S. Bank seeks a technical writer with the proven ability to grasp complicated concepts and communicate complex information clearly, logically, and succinctly. You will be responsible for writing, editing, and maintaining user assistance and training materials for our treasury management software
This position works directly with product managers, training team members, sales staff, and other subject matter experts and requires discretion and independent judgment as well as advanced knowledge of information technology documentation practices.
Collaborate with product managers, business analysts, and other team members to create user guides, context-sensitive help, release notes, use cases, and other technical documentation
Create internal and external training materials such as online courses, whitepapers, and presentations
Lead the standardization of training content across internal and external audiences
Gather and analyze user feedback to evaluate, update, and improve user assistance and training content
Provide advanced writing and editing expertise and support to other team members
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Five to eight years of experience in project management activities
Required skills and experience
Five years of technical writing experience
Tact and diplomacy when editing the work of others
Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
Research and interviewing skills to gather data from multiple sources (product managers, salespeople, clients, and reference documents)
Ability to quickly learn new software
Advanced sills in MS Office
Creativity, independence, and self-motivation!
Preferred skills and experience
Knowledge of treasury management concepts, products, and services
Working knowledge of IT project management, Agile and Journey Team workflows and processes, and emerging banking technologies
Experience with adult learning theories, instructional design models, and training methods
Experience with RoboHelp, Captivate, SharePoint, SnagIt
Washington, DC (Metro)
Top Secret Security Clearance (Clearance FAQs HERE)
ATSG Corporation prides itself on our proven dedication to providing expert assistance to our government partners—without any surprises. We work hard to honor our commitment to our clients while ensuring our employees feel secure and empowered in their work. We take excellent care of our team, so they may have the freedom and confidence to focus on their missions and provide nothing but the best output on the work site and at home.
The company provides a variety of services within the Intelligence Community. Our products may be diverse, but the results are one and the same—on schedule, on budget, and completed with superior quality. We are experienced in areas such as Mobility, Enterprise Architecture, Data Processing, Law Enforcement Mission Support, and Acquisition Support. As an organization, we are consistently expanding our footprint in the contracting community.
We are presently identifying candidates for the following position: Writer Editor. This role will support the FBI’s Intelligence Branch (IB), under the direction of the Executive Assistant Director (EAD) for Intelligence, which drives the integration of intelligence and operations across the organization as a strategic leader of the FBI’s intelligence program. The IB, which is responsible for the FBI’s intelligence strategy, resources, policies, and operations, is comprised of the Office of Partner Engagement (OPE), the Office of Private Sector (OPS), the Directorate of Intelligence (DI), the Bureau Intelligence Council (BIC), and the IB Executive Staff. The IB drives collaboration and engagement with FBI's partners across the intelligence and law enforcement communities.
The objective of this contract is to provide support services spanning multiple areas of specialized financial and budget analysis and formulation, business and data analysis, technical writing, information visualization, program analysis, and administrative execuitive office support, in support of key FBI Intelligence business operations. These services are critical for improving and maintaining operational efficiencies and providing strategic and programmatic support to the FBI Intelligence Program initiatives.
- Top Secret Security Clearance; This position does not allow for the time needed to process new clearances; therefore, qualified candidates will already have an active Top-Secret Security Clearance visible in JPAS.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as English Literature, Mass Communications, Writing, Journalism, History or Liberal Arts.
- Professional Experience:
- Three (3) years of specialized experience with the following:
- Researching policies and writing policy summaries.
- Drafting and editing reports and policy papers.
- Interpreting themes and conflicting points of view in expository narratives and policies.
- Determining independently whether submissions conform to the current organizational guidelines and whether the information provides full accurate, and balanced coverage of the topic, evaluating content, format, and style.
- Gathering, developing, and checking for accuracy of information by research and by interviews with subject matter experts, program officials and, in some cases policy makers.
- Writing feature news articles and editing speeches, talking points, congressional testimony, and other written materials to support executives and leadership team
- Developing and implementing communication plans to support branch initiatives.
- Three (3) years of specialized experience with the following:
- Strong analytical, organizational, and research skills.
- Strong communication skills, both in writing and speaking.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Provide support for disciplines such as graphic design, policy or strategy to the Intelligence Communication Unit (ICU).
- Research, analyze, distill, write, edit, and present information related to initiatives within the Intelligence Branch and/or the FBI’s Intelligence Program as a whole.
- We offer a QUICK and EASY application process!
- Medical, Dental, & Vison Insurance Available
- Our Medical Insurance Plan offers Virtual Visits (through AmWell and MDLIVE) that can be done via your smartphone, tablet, or computer without leaving your home or office- for addressing a wide range of minor conditions!
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Paid Personal Time Off (PTO) & Sick Time Off (STO)
- Life and Disability Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) & Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Retirement Benefits: Fully Vested 401(k) Plan
- Voluntary Benefits such as Legal Resources, AFLAC, VPI Nationwide® Pet Insurance (because our fur-babies are family, too!), & Continuing Education Assistance.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!