Keyseating Machine Set Up Operator Job Description Sample
CNC Machine Set Up Operator
Must have CNC Experience
- Responsible for reading and interpreting blue prints including GD&T
- Read, write and edit programs in G-Code and other CAD/CAM software and identify areas of opportunity for program efficiency.
- Verify revision levels on method sheet, tooling sheet and router match, alerting Supervisor if discrepancies are found.
- Identify, document and dispose of scrap.
- Must setup and load material into a bar feeder/bar loader. Step through program and make offsets to complete a part to print specifications.
- Verify revision levels on router and method sheets.
- Install appropriate tooling and touch off.
- Change inserts, drill boring bars, etc. when needed and return all usable tooling to the tool crib. Recycle all Carbide tooling.
- Troubleshoot any production issue in regards to machining and getting assistance for program related issues.
- Add hydraulic oil and/or cutting fluids to the machine(s) when needed.
- Make appropriate offsets and/or speed and feed adjustments to program if needed to maintain part quality.
- Train others and share knowledge
- Obey all safety rules and stop work if continuing is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Report all safety concerns immediately.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of CNC machine(s) setup
- Knowledge of inserts including wear characteristics, insert style (WNMG, VNMG, CCMT, etc), insert nose radius and grade of insert.
- Operate all aspects of the machines; (powering machines up and down, bar feed operation, restarts, faults, etc)
- Read and use calipers, micrometers and other measuring equipment
- Tooling knowledge and the ability to indentify types of tooling and tooling wear characteristics
- Programming knowledge and ability
- Excellent communication skills required
- Act with the utmost integrity, professionalism and positive attitude.
- Must be a team player.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) experience as a Conventional Machinist II or equivalent
- Basic Shop Math
- Advanced blue print reading
- Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerance
- Experience using Calipers, Micrometers, Height Stands and Bore Gages.
- Must clearly demonstrate ability to set up multiple machines and pass an assessment prior to moving to in LG6
- Basic Valve School- 30 days
- While performing duties you may be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist and/or lift up to 50 pounds throughout an entire shift. May be required to work more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week based on production needs.
- Exposed to manufacturing plant conditions and elements including but not limited to noise, dust, dirt, oil, and grease.
- PPE's will be required including safety glasses, ear plugs and/or safety shoes.
- May be required to work at different work stations as determined by business needs.
Machine Set Up Tech
Machine Set Up Technician
Responsibilities of a Machine Set Up Technician:
- Possess the ability to set up and operate all machines and production jobs as required to produce high quality parts.
- Give direction to operators and trainees.
- Must effectively communicate between departments or personnel for prompt problem resolution.
- Must also be self motivated and proactive in dealing with personnel and manufacturing issues.
- Perform Special Assignments as delegated
- Follow general safety rules, procedures, and regulations
Requirements of the Machine Set Up Technician:
- Minimum of 3 years CNC Set Up experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Compensation of the Machine Set Up Technician:
- $18-$30 per hour based on experience
Schedule of the Machine Set Up Technician:
- Full Time Position
- Monday- Friday Overnight Shift 6pm-4:30am
- Some Saturdays may be required
This job requires (or may require) a criminal background check. Convictions and pending felony charges are not an absolute bar to employment and will only be considered if required by law or there is a substantial relationship to the circumstances of the particular job or if bond ability is at issue.
LaJoy Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Set Up Operator
The Setup Operator shall perform maintenance procedures to keep packaging line/process operational with optimal up
time to obtain run time goals for packaging line. The will be responsible for performing changeovers to equipment as
need to support production schedule. Test run and trouble shoot equipment after performing a changeover prior to the
start up of the production run. Additionally, they shall execute the proper procedures for all the preventative
maintenance procedures and schedules while filling out all the proper paper work that goes with each of the daily
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1.Performs preventive and predictive maintenance tasks.
2.Perform general repairs to process and packaging equipment as assigned by the Packaging Maintenance Supervisor.
Must know how to repair, rebuild, setup, and changeover all equipment in the department, such as Cloud machine, Foil,
cartoner, check weigher, case packer, and palletizer.
3.Understand where all the replacement parts and components are kept and help keep the area organized.
4.Read and follow instructions from machine manuals with regards to the proper maintenance of that piece of
5.Must have basic knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic print reading and be able to use an ohm meter.
6.Works in cooperation with Mechanics, engineering, technical and production supervisors or outside contractors as
7.Forms, fabricates, and assembles components for repairs and/or modifications to existing equipment as well as
8.Assists Mechanics as needed.
9.Learn and practice trouble shooting skills and have the ability to reason out problems while moving the department
Cleans all machinery, equipment and tools as required.
Learn the beginning process of PLC-s, servos, and motor controls.
Complies with all safety and GMP requirements.
Completes required and appropriate paperwork.
Performs other tasks as directed.
Education and/or Experience:
12 years minimum education, 2 years trade tech or equivalent desired. Must have at least 3 months experience
running packaging and computer equipment in the department.
Must have factory experience and possess good trouble shooting abilities as well as knowledge of the operations. The
ability to communicate effectively with management and fellow employees. Knowledge of basic shop tool usage,
knowledge of basic electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems and troubleshooting. Must be able follow
instructions and work well independently. Must be able to identify potential problems and correct prior to breakdowns.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Required to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds, with a maximum distance
required to carry 50 pounds of 100 feet at least 75% of the time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is required to stand, push/pull, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, reach with hands and arms and walk up to 1/3 of the
time; Sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel 2/3 of the time; talk or hear Â the time.
Ability to read, write and interpret documents, to speak with vendors in a professional manner, and the ability to
communicate effectively with management and fellow employees.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts and draw valid conclusions.
Basic hand tools shall be provided by the employee. Power tools and consumables, as well as a place to store personal
hand tools are provided by the company.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. Have the
ability to perform all above tasks in an environment of 90 degrees F or greater up to 50% of the time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are interested in these great opportunities, email a resume to , call or apply in person at Kelly Services at 3750 32nd Ave S, Grand Forks, ND. Or, refer a friend.
Kelly Temporary Employee Perks:
Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available for eligible employees
Group medical, prescription, vision, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance options that are available for purchase-and the coverage is portable*
Service bonus plan
Holiday pay plan
Weekly electronic pay options
Free online training campus available
Exclusive online employee community
Employee assistance program (EAP) available at no cost
Transportation spending accounts
- Offered and administered by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly Services
Services , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100 companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
Set Up Operator
Job Description: SummaryJob Description Summary
Maintaining product quality and production levels and work as member of a team for maximum effectiveness. Responsibilities include product inspection, operating equipment, raw material/finished goods movement and cleaning/sanitizing.
Monitor machine functions and attempt to detect any conditions that are, or becoming out of control. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ability to speak, read, and write English. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
Up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave
Medical, Dental and Vision
Most benefits start on day 1 of your employment with BD.
Health Savings Account with Medical benefit enrollment
401K plan with $.75 of every dollar matched up to 6% of pay
Basic life and AD&D provided
Discounted home, auto, and pet insurance plans
Flexible Spending Account
Matching gift program
10 paid holidays
Two weeks paid vacation per calendar year (pro-rated the first year based on actual start date)
Repair and adjust production equipment to produce parts which conform to quality specifications, at specified output rates. Routinely troubleshoot equipment including dismantling and reassembling machine components.
Perform changeovers, line clearance and cleaning. Work as a team with peers for maximum effectiveness in assigned tasks to maintain a production rate equal to or greater than the established standards. Responsible for product quality inspections, operating equipment, raw material/finished goods movement, and cleaning/sanitizing.
Regular, punctual attendance is an essential job function. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
1.Informal leader for respective line.
2.Communicate on a daily basis with prior and post shift associates regarding technical and other pertinent issues.
3.Set-up machines per established procedures, to manufacture product which conforms to quality specifications, at the rated output.
4.Repair, adjust and troubleshoot machinery including dismantling, replacement of machine components and reassembling.
5.Work with technical support until machine issue is resolved.
6.Continually monitor operations for product quality and equipment performance, including QC lot acceptance rate.
7.Monitor process parameters and take appropriate action.
8.Perform quality inspections and quality monitoring.
9.Record accurate inspection and production data as required.
10. Maintain equipment according to the preventative maintenance schedule.
11. Perform all product changeovers.
12. Perform changeover of all modules, including camera vision system.
13. Keep equipment supplied with components and material necessary to sustain continuous operation, including placement of finished components into appropriate locations.
14. Assign associates to alternate tasks as needed. Instruct associates on proper job methods and follow-up to be certain the instructions are understood and followed.
15. Assist technical staff on machine modifications/testing, equipment validations.
16. Responsible to contribute to the continuous improvement of the process.
17. Other duties as assigned.
High quality products produced per manufacturing documents.
Efficient equipment operation.
Continuous flow of product to SCF.
High School Diploma/GED
Primary Work LocationUSA NE - Columbus (East)
Set Up Operator
Set up, trouble-shoot problems, change and adjust tooling and machines to meet blue print specifications, production and quality standards and to assure safe operations. Train other employees to operate machine correctly and safely.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work without direct supervision but perform as a team member in order to respond to other employees and supervisor's requests and assist other employees as needed.
Handle all materials and tools and have operating knowledge of all machines. Employee must be able to perform preventive maintenance, set up and make changes adjustments to tooling and machines plant- wide to assure the capability of meeting production and quality standards and operate safely.
Identify problems and apply effective problem – solving skills and mechanical ability to take corrective action.
Use Lean principles, Quick Change Technology, Total Productive Maintenance, Cell Design, and 5S as a tool to help our plant run more efficiently.
Employee must perform his/her job within acceptable safety, environmental, quality, productivity and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, handbooks and applicable work instructions.
Overtime as required/requested.
Knowledge and ability to operate all machines on all lines.
Ability to set up and adjust all tooling and functions of all machines to make changes and adjustments to meet specifications and quality standards of parts.
Mechanical and Electronic skills
Good math skills
Knowledge and application of SPC, visual quality inspection and ability to use and read calipers and gauges at all machines and work stations on each line
Ability to work on own without direction supervision but able to respond to directions and job assignments
Ability to communicate effectively to Machine Operators, Team Leaders, Production Leaders, Engineering Maintenance, Quality, etc.
Ability to trouble – shoot machine and tooling problems and take corrective action
Flexibility to work long hours or different work schedules and to respond problems, changes and job assignments
Ability to work in a team environment with other employees
Ability to read, write and understand work orders, technical documentation and diagrams, directions and safety regulations
Panel Saw Machine Operator - 3Rd Shift
Must have previous CNC machine operating experience where you had to program or enter job specs into a computer terminal!
Starting Pay Rate: Up to $14/hour Depending on experience
Third shift works Sunday-Thursday 7:30pm to 6am; Friday 6pm to 11pm (48 to 53 hours/week).
- MUST have woodworking experience.
- Must be familiar with industrial table saw operation.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Programs mills by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Experience with setting up and operating a CNC machine
- Ability to read and interpret documents, blueprints, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to understand general programming
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts
- Demonstrates mechanical aptitude
- Experience with basic measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, surface plate checks and optical comparators
Web Graphics 2Nd Shift Folding Machine Operator
Web Graphics is seeking a machine operator to operate a folder. This position is responsible for operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting production machinery.
- Second Shift 3:20 p.m. - 11:50 p.m. Monday – Friday with Saturdays as needed.
Promote and maintain a safe work environment ensuring compliance with company safety policies.
Operating production machinery, including troubleshooting and job set up
Follow work order specifications to produce a quality product
Perform routine quality checks, basic preventative maintenance, inspections, and tests as needed
Load product into machine, enter order information, and maintain production/quality standards
Clean and maintain area in accordance with established procedures
Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Ability to withstand repetitive walking, standing and stooping; ability to lift over 15 lbs regularly and up to 50lbs occasionally, and use hands and wrists continuously, including reaching, and handling product
Strong time management and organization skills
Basic math skills
Previous manufacturing environment/machine
Computer skills a plus
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Web Graphics specializes in offset printing custom forms and other business forms for national companies. Web Graphics focuses on guiding the customer with their products and provides a very high level of customer service.
NC Machine Operator - Second Shift
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world's water challenges. The Company's products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company's more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2017 revenue of $4.7 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a NC Machine Operator – Second Shift. This position will set up and operate multi-purpose numerical control machines on any combination of machining operations such as milling, drilling, reaming, and cutting metal pieces to specifications.
Review set-up sheets and specifications to determine sequence of set-up operation and dimensions of finished work piece.
Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool in machine spindles according to directions using machinist hand tools or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazine.
May adjust machine speed and change cutters to machine parts according to specifications when automatic program is faulty or if machine malfunctions.
Observe machine operation and verifies accuracy of machine work piece against blueprints or engineering drawings to measuring cuts to micrometer, dial indicators, and gauges.
Support all safety and 5S requirements related to this position.
Performs related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED plus training as an NC Machine Operator. Experience required.
Ability to read complicated drawings, layouts, method sheets and specifications.
Knowledge of shop mathematics and use formulas, plus thorough knowledge of all basic machine operations, methods and setups.
Should also be familiar with cutting quality of various metals, grinding and setting of tools according to metal characteristics
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Work in standing position 10 hours/shift
Considerable arm movement
Work requires close attention to lifting and handling of medium weight parts up to 35 lbs. Heavy parts raised to position with chain hoist
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Average shop conditions with some temperature variations due to seasons
Subjected to noisy environment requires wearing of ear plugs.
Standard PPE required: safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes with toe and metatarsal guards, gloves and work uniform
EOE including disability and veteran
POSITION:Packaging Associate– Skill II - Machine Operator
LOCATION: BD Medical, Franklin, WI
GENERAL FUNCTION - Machine Operator
General equipment operation to ensure the line is running well.
Inspection, labeling, bagging and packaging of pre-filled syringes.
Reports to Packaging Skill IV Lead.PRIMARY DUTIES The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
- Proper operation of the automated line.
- Executing line changeover procedures.
- Executing line clearance procedures.
- Changing type set on hot stamp.
- Level II trouble shooting.
- Responsible for proper and timely completion of all required paperwork and reports.
- Responsible for ensuring all work areas are clean and well organized.
- Back-fill for team leads as needed.
- Responsible for working safely and quality of pre-filled syringes.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES - Machine Operator
- Bag individual syringes on a pneumatic bagging machine
- Load syringes into automated equipment
- Conduct 100% inspection of pre-filled syringes run on the semi-automated equipment
- Pack and carton finished syringes in shipping boxes
- Erect and label cartons and cases
- As needed, conduct a 100% manual inspection of pre-filled syringes
- Check weighing, case packing, master packing and palletizing
- Perform quality inspections as required
- Label printing/ Label control
- Stretch wrapping pallets.
- Basic operation of inspection, labeling and syringe feeding.
- Follow basic trouble-shooting procedures for equipment problems
- Operate cannula separator machine.
- Other duties as assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS - Machine Operator
- Must be detail oriented, friendly, reliable, resourceful, trustworthy and able to work effectively in a team-based environment
- Must have aptitude for running automated equipment.
- Must be able to remain focused during extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in written English.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Push and/or pull 30 pounds.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Machine Operator
- Must be able to effectively read/write English
- Willing to work voluntary and mandatory overtime
- Detailed oriented and accuracy driven
- Safety conscious
- Reliable with excellent attendance record
- Must be able to co-exist in a diverse workplace
Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, Paid Vacation & Holidays
Production Machine Operator II
Machine Operator II 2nd Shift
The Machine Operator II operates assigned stations and all other associated work including preventative maintenance, machine changeovers, making minor adjustments to maintain greatest operational efficiency, assist other mechanics, etc.
Keurig Dr Pepper (NYSE: KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott's® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Shift and Schedule
This position will be working on the 2nd shift, Monday through Friday. Flexibility to work weekends and overtime as scheduled is required.
Handle empty cases and solve other line issues.
Train other operators on use of machinery.
Perform best practice quality checks on line and equipment.
Set up machinery and ensure all production materials are available.
Operate and monitor equipment and replenish materials as needed.
Monitor line for defective materials and perform any other related work in accordance with line quality.
Record all data as required (i.e. charts, necessary process adjustments based on data findings, etc.).
Clean and sanitize all equipment and facility as required.
Benefits built for you
Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
1 year prior experience with operation of high-speed production machinery and monitoring of product quality
Lift, push and pull a minimum of 50lbs repeatedly
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. (NYSE: KDP) is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!