Kiln Burner Helper Job Description Sample
Dry Kiln Forklift Operator
This position performs a variety of basic tasks. A candidate for this position must be in good physical condition as he/she will be required to work within conditions that are sometimes less than ideal, such as outdoors during inclement winter, including exposure to wood dust and loud noises daily. Must also possess the ability to follow directions and work without constant supervision
Operator must be able to operate all Forklifts in safe and productive manner while stacking rough green lumber on Kiln trucks and in green yard as well as when putting lumber in dry sheds.
- Fully supports the Safety Program at Kapstone- Summerville Lumber Mill.
- Complies with Company policies and exhibits professional conduct at all times.
- Physically capable of lifting and placing cross pieces on packs of lumber (as much as 50 pounds).
- Keep close attention to quality when stacking packs to avoid down grade.
- Must be able to distinguish size, widths, lengths, or types of lumber.
- Must be able to stack lumber on Kiln trucks.
- Must be able to keep up with production demands at green stacker.
- Must keep assigned Forklift clean and greased.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts and overtime.
- Must be able to drive a 35,000 pound Forklift.
- A high school diploma or GED
- Safety and good housekeeping are a must.
- Must be able to read, write and understand written materials. Perform basic math computations as required for safety, quality, and production functions.
- The ability to follow oral and written instructions and policies.
- Should be able to communicate verbally and with hand signals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Achieve minimum Work Keys Assessment scores (Locating Information- Min 4 and Workplace Observation- Min 2)
- Pass an online pre-employment assessment
- Successfully pass a drug screen and pre-employment physical
- Must have acceptable work references and background check
Burner Boiler Technician
We are looking for a Boiler/Burner Technician to join our team! You will service, and repair commercial heating and air conditioning systems.
- Inspect and perform equipment repairs and replacements
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in HVAC or other related fields
- Familiarity with HVAC wiring diagrams
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
With more than 20 service personnel, Baker Mechanical Services is well equipped to handle all repair and maintenance challenges. As the region’s largest mechanical service provider, Baker Mechanical Services offers the convenience of one company dedicated to delivering exceptional service and value to our customers every day.
Oil Burner Technician Or Installer
Marran is a full service oil company in Holtsville, Long Island. We are family owned and operated, and we've been in business for over 125 years (since 1891).
We’re looking for someone with oil burner experience. Minimum of two years experience required.
We are a full service oil, gas, and A/C company. Experience with gas or A/C would be a plus, but is not necessary.
Extremely competitive benefits package, 401k, smart phone provided, etc. Year round employment. Opportunities for training and advancement.
Pay commensurate with experience.
Clean driver’s license required.
Must be hard working and professional.
Full time position. We would also be willing to consider hiring someone part time.
CNC Burner Operator
Steel Craft Technologies is looking for applicants to become CNC Burner Operators. Applicants must be able to read a tape measure and prints, and should be self motivated team players.
Kiln Operators are charged with maintaining full operation of a tunnel kiln. The main job tasks of this position include, but are not limited to the following.
- Unload 8 kiln cars per 8 hour shift by dumping ceramic insulators from saggers (trays used to contain ceramics) into boxes.
- Weigh boxes of ceramic insulators on a scale to the correct quantity.
- Pack boxes of ceramics with paper, close and seal boxes with tape and label the boxes with correct product information.
- Load empty kiln cars with saggers full of green ware (unfired clay insulator).
- Operate hydraulic pusher controls.
- Record times and temperatures from each car cycled on to the pusher.
- Complete side work (i.e. make boxes, keep area swept and clean, grease kiln car wheels, empty sand traps and fill sand seal hopper).
Plasma Burner Operator
Steel burner operator on a Messer Titan III with Hypertherm Plasma controller. The position is first shift from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm with 1/2 hour for lunch. Duties include operating a crane to pull steel plate, cutting steel plate to size utilizing plasma burner & loading product on pallets. Candidate must be able to be on feet for 8 hours per day in a warehouse setting. All PPE is provided by company. The position requires membership in International Association of Machinist and Aerospace Workers Union.
Sales Representative - Boiler / Burner / Hvac
Industry leading, Chicago area firm with 75 years of experience in the Boiler Control business seeks organized and motivated individuals interested in working from home at their own pace. Optimal candidates will have extensive experience as a boiler, burner, HVAC service tech or sales person. This position is perfect for a service technician that has grown tired of carrying the tools and ladders but still wants to utilize their HVAC control knowledge. Sole responsibility will be communicating by phone with existing customers (no cold calling) to expand sales through repeat orders. Current backlog of new customers will provide thousands of sales opportunities. Position is fully supported by an accounting, marketing and customer service staff. National customer base allows for setting your own schedule. Compensation is straight commission on all shipped and paid orders. Successful candidates can expect to earn $50k or more while working 20-30 hours per week.
Oil Burner Technician
Licensed Oil Burner Tech wanted. Work on all residential equipment in a local area on the South Shore. Tech must have a clean driving record and live in our service area. Some on-call required. Air Conditioning experience is a plus but not required. Would possibly train the right person.
Experienced Kiln Operator
Stimson Lumber Company is seeking an experienced Kiln Operator with a commitment to safety and great problem solving skills. You will execute your role within a group that embrace innovation and continuous improvement.
This position works Monday through Friday, 9pm to 5:30am Your accountabilities… Utilize your knowledge of steam, instrumentation and controls to efficiently and safely operate our high pressure wood fired boilers. Load and change kiln charges and operate them with our controls. Understand environmental compliance related to operating and repair boilers.
Perform repairs and maintenance to boilers and related equipment as needed. Proactively communicate with all departments to understand implications associated with boiler operations and build and maintain working relationships to achieve department and plant goals. Identify and suggest new approaches or best known methods to foster our continuous improvement mentality Maintain adequate moisture content throughout each charge to maximize quality.
Check with Planer personnel daily to ensure moisture content is consistent. Assist with equipment maintenance, including washing, greasing and other minor maintenance functions Proactively communicate across departments Able to fill in for other positions (where qualified) when needed Your qualifications… A minimum of 6-months experience operating a high-pressure wood fired boiler (preferred) Proven experience or expertise in the following technical areas: Boiler instrumentation and controls (preferred) Kiln operations Mechanical skills and some welding skills.
Steam and opacity reading (preferred) An understanding of environmental compliance related to boiler and kiln operation. (preferred) Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Team player and highly self-motivated individual. Ability to adapt to, and work in, continuously changing environments and situations.
Ability to operate rolling stock, including: 936 and 966 Cat loader (preferred) All sizes of forklifts Bobcat Mechanically inclined with an interest to further develop technical skills Willing to work outside where you may be exposed to weather elements (rain, snow, wind) in the course of normal duties. Strong computer skills with the ability to use or learn multiple different software applications. Ability to understand and analyze operational data in order to improve our operation.
Benefits: We are hiring people who are passionate about what they do every day, have a desire to make a difference and thrive in a team environment. Competitive Pay Employee Referral Bonus Health / Dental / Vision Wellness Program and Employee Assistance Program Medical related leave Flexible Spending Accounts Safe work environment and safety training Tuition Reimbursement / Apprenticeships / Training Paid Time off& Paid Holidays Retirement Program Access to company owned land for recreation For more details about employee benefits and Stimson values:www.mystimson.com As an equal employment opportunity company, we value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights and values, and what they bring to the workplace. Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
2Nd Burner Operator
Burning Operator-Operates a burning machine that cuts steel plate in various thicknesses to customer specifications. Use overhead cranes to load and unload tables. Clean parts using grinder to remove excess slag. Package parts with proper packing equipment.
- CNC Manufacturing experience
- Self starter-work with little supervision
- Must be able to work overtime
- Overhead crane and forklift experience preferred
- MUST be able to read basic blue prints
- MUST be able to read tape measure
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!