Kindergarten Job Description Sample
Kindergarten Teacher Overseas In China
Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies in China provide a secure, nurturing, and educational environment for children; a place for children to grow into responsible, considerate and contributing members of society.
With more than 160 learning academies in states in the U.S., Kids 'R' Kids is expanding its AdvancED accredited education system into China. You can be assured, in working with us, we will be your partners in helping build a meaningful and successful career.
- Learn and administer the appropriate curriculum for children in your care for both classroom and outdoor activities, in accordance with age appropriate objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy
- Maintain daily communication with families of children in your care
- Maintain confidentiality with information shared by owner, administration, teachers, staff and families
- Report any suspected child abuse to owner or administrator - you are a mandated reporter
- Maintain all appropriate daily records
- Assess and record progress in all areas of growth for children in your care - this includes physical, cognitive, social and emotional growth
- Document incidents and accidents appropriately for the administrators' approval
- Meet all Quality Assurance and Education Best Practice Guidelines
- Stay current on and meet all licensing regulations
Qualifications & Requirements
Education Required - Bachelor Degree or Higher
- Four-year degree in Education, Early Childhood Education, Linguistics, Psychology, Science, Social Works, History or related fields preferred
- Minimum teaching experience:Kids 'R' Kids requires training or 2-year working experience
- English as primary language
- Working Knowledge of the behaviors and developmental stages of infant/toddler/pre-school/school age children, typically gained by working two years or more in a school or pre-school setting
- Knowledge of safety practices as they relate to infant/toddler/pre-school/school age children
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Infant, Child and Adult CPR/First Aid certified at time of hire or complete certification within 30 days of hire date
- Employment conditional on completing a satisfactory criminal background check and drug screening
Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies China provides a secure, nurturing, and educational environment for children, a place for children to blossom into responsible and contributing members of society. With more than 160 learning academies in 15 states in the U.S. Kids 'R' Kids has now expanded its AdvancedED accredited education system into several cities throughout China. You can be assured, in working with us, we will be your partners in helping to build a meaningful and successful career. We offer positions as Teachers and Directors.
If you have experience teaching a Montessori or Reggio-based classroom and believe in a child-centered educational approach to learning, the teacher-child-environment learning triangle and value the child as strong, capable, resilient and rich with wonder and knowledge, then you're invited to apply for a position at Esformes Hebrew Academy for a Kindergarten Montessori Fusion teacher .
We are a diverse community of educators within a Chabad community in Ormond Beach, FL. Together we work to help bring out the deep curiosity and potential of each child while motivating their interest to understand their world and their place within it.
To apply you must be caring, warm and willing to work closely with staff, parents and students. Position may also include non-standard hours (shorter day).
Pay and hours will be discussed during in-person interview. Would prefer a FL Certified Teacher, Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Certified or Experience in Montessori. Experience with differentiated instruction and proficient with technology preferred. Compensation DOE
To apply reply to this post with your resume and salary requirements.
The Sara Marie School is seeking a highly qualified and enthusiastic teacher to join our team.
-B.S. in Early Childhood or Childhood Education
-Fingerprinted through NYS
-M.S. in Education
-NYS certification in Childhood or Early Childhood Education
Kindergarten Prep Teacher
Curious Kids Childcare: A Full time Kindergarten Prep teacher and full time Toddler Teacher needed! Candidates must be Toddler/Preschool certified through EEC and have at least one year experience in the field. You must also be energetic, positive, reliable, be able to work as part of a team and have good communication skills. Excellent wage, great benefits and paid trainings are provided! Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provide high-quality instruction to students and work collaboratively with the school leader, colleagues, students, parents and the board to accomplish or surpass the academy's articulated educational goals. Work as a collaborative team member to implement the academy curriculum and accomplish short- and long-term academy goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
· Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning; develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure; enforce the academy's student discipline code; collaborate in the implementation of initiatives such as school-wide behavior management systems.
· Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs and goals of students; establish clear objectives for all lessons and units; ensure that lessons -- as planned, delivered, and assessed -- are aligned with state curriculum and school-wide curriculum standards.
· Develop lesson plans and submit them for review and feedback as scheduled; work cooperatively with the academy's instructional coach to learn from feedback and improve the quality of instruction. Participate in ongoing analysis and planning to ensure that the school's curriculum remains aligned to state standards.
· Collaborate with special education staff to implement, to the greatest extent possible, an inclusive approach to students with special needs. Remain aware of student needs; participate in child study teams or individualized education planning; implement accommodations and modifications as indicated in student IEP's; seek advice and counsel from student support services areas when needed to ensure that all students are fully served.
· Collaborate with other staff, as necessary, to implement grant-funded programming to accelerate learning for students with a variety of needs including special education, at-risk, limited English proficient students and others, to bring them to grade level proficiency.
· Maintain accurate and complete records as required; maintain the confidentiality of student records and student information. Complete any documentation necessary for the academy to be in compliance with regulatory requirements, such as time and effort reporting.
· Communicate with parents and make provisions for being available outside normal hours; work with parents to encourage participation in their child’s learning experiences; provide regular communication to parents regarding their children’s performance.
· Maintain professional competence via conferences, mentoring, involvement in professional organizations, continuing coursework, etc. Complete all coursework and other requirements necessary to maintain teaching credentials and "highly qualified" status, as required by the teacher's assignment.
· Inform the school leader of needed instructional resources. Serve as an active member of teams such as grade-level, school-wide planning, school improvement or other areas of focus.
· May participate in extracurricular activities such as coaching, clubs, student government, tutoring, enrichment activities, etc.
· Other duties as assigned.
· State teacher licensure/certification with appropriate endorsements(s).
· Bachelor’s degree with subject area emphasis and/or coursework and/or experience necessary to be deemed "highly qualified" for the grade/subjects to be taught. (If permitted by the state, may be hired with lesser credentials, but will be required to develop and complete a plan of action to become "highly qualified" within a prescribed period of time. NOTE: Not currently permitted in Michigan; permitted in Indiana with restrictions on the number of people in any school; permitted in Ohio but it’s our policy/expectation that all new hires come in fully certified and “highly qualified.”)
· Demonstrated commitment to young people’s learning success and achievement.
· Demonstrated proficiency in a teaching/tutoring capacity as acquired through prior experience in tutoring, teaching or other education-related experience; evidence of successful experience in student and parent relations.
Pre Kindergarten Teacher
We are seeking a Pre-KindergartenTeacher to join our organization!
This individual will plan and present age-appropriate activities for children.
Mon - Fri
Instruct Pre-K aged children in activities designed to promote intellectual and creative growth.
Create a fun and safe learning environment.
Develop schedules and routines to ensure adequate physical activity, rest, and playtime.
Establish and maintain positive relationships with students and parents.
Communicate with parents on students' growth and progress.
Maintain the health and safety of all students.
Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields.
Passionate about working with children.
Ability to build rapport with children.
Positive and patient demeanor.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Apply in person:
Kid's World Learning Center
16210 West Rd
Houston TX 77095
Near Lone Star CyFair Campus
Cypress, Aberdeen & Copperfield neighborhood
Pre K Lead Teacher With Birth- Kindergarten Credential
We are seeking a Pre K Lead Teacher With Birth- Kindergarten Credential to join our team! You will educate developmentally disabled and typically developing students in an inclusive
- If leading a DD classroom must maintain B-K License from DPI as Lead Teacher through NC Division of Child Development
- Develop and implement daily lesson plans, activity plans and schedules for classroom.
- Development and implementation of IEP’s for all students in Preschool Program.
- Organize and maintain student folders on a daily basis.
- Supervision of teacher assistants, volunteers, and foster grandparents.
- Coordination with therapy department/related services personnel for annual reviews, 3 year evaluations, and re-evaluations.
- Maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Organize classroom learning areas and maintain a safe environment.
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
- Must possess a 4 year degree and be eligible for B-K License through DPI
- Previous experience in teaching or other educational field
- Strong classroom management skills
- Ability to build rapport with students
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
Child Care Lead Teacher - Pre Kindergarten
We are seeking a Child Care Lead Teacher, Pre-K to join our organization! This individual will plan and present age appropriate activities for children.
- Develop lesson plans
- Develop fun and educational age-appropriate activities designed to promote intellectual and creative growth
- Create a fun and safe age-appropriate learning environment
- Plan age-appropriate field trips and extended learning experiences
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with students and parents
- Communicate with parents on students' growth and progress
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
- Maintain student portfolios and records
- Maintain a clean and well-organized classroom
- Previous experience in childcare, teaching, or other related fields
- Elementary or Early Childhood Education Credentials PREFERRED
- High school diploma or equivalent, AND a willingness to achieve a CDA or similar Early Childhood Education Credentials REQUIRED
- Passionate about working with children
- Ability to build rapport with children
- Positive and patient demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Benefits May Include:
- 5-10 days paid vacation annually, based on education and experience
- Available AFLAC insurance plans, (disability and specialty insurance)
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Childcare Benefits package
- Continuous opportunities to earn continuing education units
- Staff recognition and awards program
- Direct Deposit
Do you have a passion for learning? Are you highly creative and a great communicator?
Our elementary students learn to think critically, question each other, learn from mistakes, and discover individual passions for their future ahead. At Stratford Schools we look to our teachers to be confident and caring leaders in the classroom, to guide our students through our intentional and balanced curriculum and motivate them through high expectations in a collaborative and fun learning environment. Our purpose at Stratford is to enhance student learning with creative and energetic educators who share their love of learning with students and colleagues.
A little About us
Stratford School is an independent private school founded on the belief that education is a significant influence in the life of a child. Our mission is to create a school community that inspires children to realize their full potential, while providing a safe and nurturing school environment. To support our mission, we bring together principals, teachers, and parents who are passionate about education. Stratford offers a balanced and unparalleled curriculum from preschool through eighth grade with an emphasis in the areas of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) that incorporates music, physical education, foreign language, and social skills development. Our goal is to prepare students to become creative problem solvers, innovators, and confident, compassionate leaders.Together, we provide the best possible learning environment for our students to achieve outstanding results.
A little about you
You are a bundle of energy and enthusiasm. You thrive in a team environment and enjoy participating in hands-on activities. Solving complex problems with students is your passion, and it is infectious. You fashion yourself as an innovator and enjoy collaborating with others.
A typical day
Elementary school is where the foundation of the future starts.Our teachers allow students to be themselves, find their passions, and to stretch themselves to accomplish more than ever imagined. At Stratford Schools our balanced approach provides our students with a positive and nurturing learning environment, combined with a rich and challenging curriculum.
Teachers who are inspired in their approach, who stretch the boundaries of learning, are typically the most successful. We encourage enthusiasm and support our instructors to demonstrate the thirst for knowledge to our students.
We are looking for teachers that stretch beyond textbook teaching and bring together instruction methods that will ultimately help a student delve deeper into a subject.
A teacher shall have a BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or university.
Teacher - Pre-K II Teacher - Kindergarten Preparatory Teacher
- Develop and implement kindergarten-preparatory, preschool curriculum-based lesson plans in accordance with program philosophy and pre-kindergarten core academic standards.
- Create and teach pre-k educational and enrichment activities for 4-5 year old students according to developmental level, individual abilities, and curricular standards.
- Establish and maintain a safe, inviting, and quality classroom learning environment.
- Perform evaluation observations and student assessments to monitor academic progress and developmental advancement.
- Establish professional approaches to maintain effective communication and responsive interactions with children, parents/family members, and employees so to uphold a high-quality early education program.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Associate Degree in ECE with a minimum of 2 years of prior teaching experience in a licensed preschool program.
- Completion of the state-mandated pre-employment background clearance process, TB testing and applicable health screening procedures, and initial training requirements.
- Meets all state licensing regulatory standards and conditions of employment.
- Demonstrates a commitment to teamwork and a collaborative, supportive school environment.
- Exhibits strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
The philosophy at Hand In Hand Preschool and Early Development Center is based on the belief that the developmental needs and interests of each child are unique and special, along with the commitment that every child is to be valued, respected, and cherished for the individual he or she is.
This belief in children serves as the foundation for creating a developmentally appropriate program combined with a nurturing environment that, together, will foster the cognitive, linguistic, physical, social, sensory, creative, and academic development of each child.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!