Knife Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Knife Operator - Polar Knife Machine - 1St, 2Nd & 3Rd Shift Available
Classic Graphics seeks Polar Knife operators for the Charlotte, NC facility to set up, operate and produce required material to meet job order.
First shift: 6:30am- 2:30pm
Second shift: 2:30pm- 10:30pm
Third shift: 10:30pm- 6:30am
- Machine set up and adjustments
- Load machine, observe operation, match samples to job order specifications
- Preventive maintenance on regular basis
- Complete required documentation on quality and quantity produced
- Maintain clean working area
- 3 yrs lead operator in fast paced, commercial environment preferred, will consider less.
- Excellent math, reading, documentation and mechanical skills, along with computer expertise.
- Ability to read a tape measure, understand basic printing skills and a good eye for color.
- Position entails standing for extensive periods of time as well as bending, twisting and reaching on a consistent basis, lift up to 50lbs.
- Able to work flexible schedule to include overtime, shifts, days, weekends and holidays.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life & disability insurance
- 401K plan.
- Work in a clean, modern and casual work environment.
Apply directly on ZipRecruiter or in person at: 8335 Classic Drive, Charlotte, NC 28262 – NO CALLS PLEASE.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in applying for these positions, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Classic Graphics holds the following certifications:
o* ISO 9001:2008 - Manufacturing
o* ISO 27001 - Information Security
o* G7 Master Printer
o* Forest Stewardship Council
Flat Knife Cutter Operator
These products, along with resources for educators, yearbook curriculum and services to help motivate and inspire like Jostens Renaissance® and Commitment to Graduate (C2G) are all designed to contribute to a positive and rewarding school experience. As a household name and leading brand in our market, we are passionate about being the most trusted partner in celebrating moments that matter. We are a mid-size company with a small company feel, allowing us to move fast and explore innovative ideas.
At Jostens, we help people capture, celebrate and inspire through their stories and accomplishments with uniquely customized and personalized products for students and families, educators and schools, teams, and world class athletes and their fans. Position
This operator is responsible for the setup of the machine in accordance with the SOP, implementing adjustments, procedures and knowing the capabilities and limitations of the equipment in order to achieve the required productions goals of the department.
Set-up and operation of the cutter include computer-assisted positioning by performing the necessary calculations (decimals, metric units) to understand the dimensional requirements of the work. An essential part of the job includes knowing the different kinds of paper, sizes, weight and colors. This position also involves preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of machine.
Attention to detail is required to meet customer expectations and productivity and quality standards. The incumbent must also be willing to move about the Bindery and/or Folding departments and run other equipment on an as needed basis. High School degree or GED preferred.
Experience with Polar Cutter, Flat Knife or related equipment a plus. Good verbal communication skills.
Must have basic computer skills.
Must successfully complete advanced machine training within department. Must be a team player with demonstrated decision making ability. Able to give and follow written and verbal instructions.
Ability to read a ruler and follow measurements. Must be able to stand through 8 or 12 hour shifts. Willing to work flexible hours and overtime with short notice.
Must be able to properly lift 10 to 50 lbs. to shoulder height. Must have excellent attendance. Jostens is comprised of dynamic teams of individuals who support the mission of schools, groups and teams by passionately helping people express themselves, celebrate experiences and traditions, recognize achievements and share their stories.
We value innovation, integrity, diversity and exceptional performance and want to make that apparent in every experience we deliver. Jostens is committed to attracting and retaining the brightest and most talented individuals to our company by offering competitive compensation, a progressive and nurturing culture and growth potential. In addition to our traditional benefit offerings, Jostens offers charitable gift matching programs for employees, scholarships and charitable contributions to the communities we serve.
Employees also enjoy tuition reimbursement benefits, progressive career planning as well as comprehensive medical benefits and a 401K matching program. Jostens supports and promotes healthy living through education and incentive programs. Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. Jostens participates in the E-Verify process.
Multiple Knife Operator
Multiple Knife Operator IN-Goshen, United States Group: Eng Materials Group N.
America Job Family: Manufacturing Job ID: 5113-1A Posted: 2017-01-03
Scottb Zip - Machinist/Gn Style Knife Sharpener
INLINE PLASTICS CORP.
Facility: SHELTON, Connecticut
Reports to: MOLD SHOP MANAGER
The candidate shall have the ability to fabricate parts from 2-D drawings and 3-D solid models using machines such as horizontal cutoff saws, band saws, disk and belt sanders, drill presses, manual and NC lathes, manual milling machines and surface grinders.
In addition, the candidate shall be able to develop fixtures for holding a part during the machining process and also determining the proper sequence of machining operations so design tolerances are satisfied and raw material scrap is minimized.
With training the candidate will become proficient with preparing rapid prototype molds, installing the mold in a laboratory thermoforming machine and forming prototype plastic containers. As well as, trimming the parts using steel rule dies with a press.
Over time and with training, the candidate shall become knowledgeable with the general design, construction and assembly of thermoforming form tools, trim tools, stackers.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function/duty satisfactorily. Other duties/functions may be added or assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Studies blue prints, sketches, drawings, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operation for fabrication and setup requirements of work pieces and machine tools.
· Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work pieces as a guide for subsequent machining.
- Capable of generating simple machine programs for 2-3 axis machining centers using the machine’s control interface.
· Safely and correctly sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, manual and NC milling machines and surface grinders to fabricate parts. Selects correct cutting tools, end mills, etc. to minimize process time and deliver desired surface finish.
- Safely lifts raw materials, machined parts or tooling into the proper position and secures the item(s) onto surface plates, work tables or tool assemblies.
- Fabricates and repairs molds, cavities and other tooling components from prints or by verbal instructions.
· Computes dimensions using trigonometry, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments and clearances.
- Uses hand tools for venting and polishing of molds and sharpening hi-die knives.
- Makes fixtures and gauges to hold and check work.
- Knowledge and ability to machine aluminum mold castings.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining parameters such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, and/or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control data.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications, blueprints, etc.
- Verifies and documents critical dimensions and alignment of thermoform tooling and components assemblies per inspection procedures using calipers, micrometers, height gauges and other measuring instruments.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
- Confers with engineers, programmers or others to resolve machining, assembly, and tooling problems
- Able to prepare rapid prototype molds for installation into a laboratory thermoforming sample machine. Fabricates components as necessary for installation and produces and trims thermoforming sample containers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Product Safety and Quality
- Follows Product Safety and Quality standards
- Follows FDA GMP’s in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning; follows FDA product safety standards, follows IPC product defense standards and complies with all SQF requirements
- Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned, maintained or repaired.
The list below represents the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) with 3-5 years of working in a machine shop; Machinist Certificate from a Technical School with 0-5 years experience or a State Certified Machinist with a minimum of five years’ experience in machine shop. The ability to demonstrate proficiency in the setup and operation of all shop machine tools, inspection equipment and methods and tool repair procedures.
- Language Skills- Must be able to communicate on a one-on-one basis or in group situations, understand instructions and follow SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Mathematical Skills- Ability to work with mathematical fundamentals of shop math; geometry and trigonometry.
- Reasoning Ability- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instruction. Ability to resolve problems and have a strong mechanical aptitude. Have an understanding of how thermoformed (sheet) plastic is formed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
2. The employee is occasionally required to climb, or balance, stoop, kneel and crouch.
3. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical machinery, sharp cutters and metal chips.
2. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
3. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
4. The work area is well lighted and climate controlled.
Never....................Not at all
PLEASE DO NOT SKIP THE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS ON ZIP RECRUITER FOR THIS JOB, YOUR RESUME WILL NOT FORWARD TO US UNLESS YOU ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS, THANK YOU
To service our customers, we operate three manufacturing plants, one distribution center and a Research, Development and Engineering center.
Our goal is to double our sales and we need your help. If you are a collaborative, high energy, high performing team player, we are interested in talking with you.
Manufacturing - Machine Operator - Plastics Machine Operator - Molding
Job Title: Operator
Location: Delano, MN
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
The employees in this position are responsible for the overall operations of the machine and the manufacturing of good quality parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to meet scrap and production goals.
- Ensures quality of parts coming off machine.
- Reads and follows the molding process sheets, correcting any errors immediately, in writing, to their supervisor or lead person.
- Continually communicates with their lead person, maintenance, quality control and/or supervisor whenever they have questions or need assistance regarding any of the requirements of their job.
- Keeps their work area clean and organized. Places all parts to be trimmed in crates or on pallets.
- Fills out production reporting paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Keeps productive materials appropriately stocked.
- Communicates effectively with prior and subsequent shifts.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by Solar Plastics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or other members of management.
(The essential duties and responsibilities will have been satisfactorily completed when the following are demonstrated) Note: This only pertains to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position and is not all inclusive of the entire performance evaluation process. Acceptable performance is based on first time quality of molded parts, machine productivity and work area cleanliness and organization.
Copier/Scanner/Fax, Computer, Phone System, Welding Equipment, Lathe and Mill Operation, Hand and Power Tools, Forklift, Ladders
- understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- understand problems, collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- communicate with individuals face to face; requires ability to hear and speak effectively.
- express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately and quickly.
- orally and in writing, communicate technical information.
- add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- be able to see and hear 8+ hours per day.
- have visual acuity to perform activities such as running production machines, etc.
- possess good manual and finger dexterity (working with small bolts, nuts, screws, adding inserts, flushing out parts, flaming parts, etc.).
- sit, stand and walk up to 8+ hours per day.
- work at a rapid speed, twist, bend, push, pull, carry, stoop, reach and grasp 8+ hours per day for activities such as working on equipment, making repairs, etc.
- work in confined, tight spaces. Requires continuous finger movement and keyboard usage for carrying and using equipment, tools, etc. Extensive wrist movement is required.
- lift 50+ pounds, unaided on a regular basis. (hoists are available and should be used for parts and molds that exceed this weight level).
- use hand tools.(i.e, power drills, hammers, routers, etc).
- Exposed to heat, cold and potential internal temperature changes up to 8+ hours per day. Exposed to outside working environment when salvaging parts, roof and grounds work. Exposed to solvents when part cleaning, acids/corrosives when cleaning floor, dust, dirt, fumes/vapors/gases from plastics processes, ovens and propane tanks.
This position works independently 8+ hours per day and occasionally works directly with others. Must be able to work the hours/shift required. Ability to work additional hours, as needed to accommodate issues that may arise in the 24-hour operation.
This position exists in a production and shop environment, with occasional need to enter the office.
Personal Protection Equipment
- Eye safety glasses necessary to enter production area.Hearing protection must be worn when excessive noise is present on the production floor and in the shop.
Solar Plastics, LLC provides employees with a wide variety of benefits that include:
Life, AD&D & Dependent Life Insurance
Long-Term and Short-term Disability
Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan with Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Plan
Automatic Payroll Deposit Availability
Machine Operator Level 3
Shift: S2, Wednesday – Saturday 2:30pm – 1am (Occasional additional day(s) and overtime expected to support business needs.)
Shift Differential: An additional $0.50 cents per hour on top of base hourly wage while working a swing shift
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. is seeking a Machine Operator Level 3 for our world headquarters located in Portland, Oregon. Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 Team Members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The successful candidate for the Machine Operator Level 3 position will operate and set-up a variety of machines (mill, grinder, polisher, press, cnc machine tools and assembly equipment) to close tolerances and complex geometry in the machining areas of Stamping. Perform complex and non-routine set-ups where tolerances are difficult to acquire and maintain.
Operate a variety of machinery to fabricate component parts.
Perform difficult set-ups and change-overs on equipment to close and complex tolerances, and may include numerical control and/or robot programming.
Monitor output and proper operation of mechanical equipment. Makes mechanical and/or program adjustments to ensure parts are meeting quantity and quality requirements as necessary.
Conduct regular quality audits of parts produced by measuring and inspecting components to tight tolerances.
Prepare recommendations to modify processes to improve productivity and quality.
Mix chemical solutions.
Perform duties of Level 1 and Level 2 operators as necessary.
High School diploma or GED required.
National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is preferred.
Two years formal technical training and one-year work experience in manufacturing environment or three years technical job experience with progressively complex machining assignments required, five years preferred.
Advanced machine operation and mechanical knowledge including the ability to set up and change over various types of equipment required.
Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and production systems preferred.
Ability to effectively utilize basic shop math skills required.
Ability to read, comprehend and write English at a level to effectively utilize and interpret MSDS’s, work instructions, and technical manuals.
Advanced inspection and measuring skills required, including knowledge of measuring devices including optical comparators, hardness testers, and height gauges.
Basic blueprint reading and computer skills required.
Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) required.
Demonstrated skills in rate control required.
Ability to apply problem sensitivity, critical thinking and decision making skills.
Excellent skills in interpersonal relationships, communication and teamwork.
Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
Effectively prioritize and follow through on assignments and projects.
Physical Demands/ Working Conditions/Physical Hazards: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continually required to stand; walk; balance; use hands to finger, handle, grasp, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, some overhead. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs.; sit; climb; twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
To Apply: At Leatherman we are also interested in how you think, behave and integrate. With this in mind, please give extra consideration and time to each question when you apply thru our online applicant module. You will want to allow yourself 20-30 minutes, we do consider this a key part of our selection process. Please watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information. Please attach a resume.
Excellent Benefit Package: Competitive Compensation, Bonus Plan with Performance Multiplier, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, Onsite Health Clinic, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO, 10 Paid Holidays, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products, On Premise Gym. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . Including your career!
Core Values: We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential
Pre-employment background check, drug and alcohol screening is required. Equal Opportunity Employer.
After spending his childhood in Oregon, Tim Leatherman stayed local and received his BS in Mechanical Engineering from Oregon State University. A low-budget, post-college trip abroad, which included many fix-it situations, convinced Tim of the need for a pliers based multi-purpose tool.
Once back home in the states, Tim set to work developing his idea. On July 5, 1983 Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. was officially incorporated based on a few simple principles: manufacture quality products that deliver excellent value to the consumer while providing good, living-wage jobs to the local workforce. More than thirty years later we are still going strong in the U.S., in our home town of Portland, Oregon.
Every multi-tool and knife we make is crafted by one of the 600 Oregonians who call Leatherman a great place to work, and we stand behind our products with a no-questions-asked 25 year warranty. When asked about the company's devotion to quality, Tim always replies, it has to be perfect; my name is on every tool.
We are proud to live and work in the USA and it shows in every original multi-tool and knife we make. Leatherman. Leave nothing undone.
Bindery Machine Operator
Brilliant is a leading commercial printing company headquartered in Exton, PA that delivers superior printed products through advanced technology, premium materials and the highest quality craftsmanship. By blending legacy techniques with cutting edge software, hardware and processes, Brilliant achieves stunning results for the most discerning clients.
Currently, we are seeking several driven individuals to join our Bindery team as a skilled machine operators. The right candidate will be a team player who can help us achieve excellence.
The ideal candidates must be a skilled bindery machine operator who have demonstrated experience with: Heidelberg 40" JDF Folders, Perfect Binding machine, Heidelberg 6 pocket Book Machine with 3 knife trimmer, Rosback Small Format Folder, Stitching machines, collators, and cutters.
Please do not apply without experience running bindery machinery.
- Experience with running high speed, long runs with multiple codes is a plus.
- Experience with a wide range of stock weight papers is a plus.
- Brilliant Graphics believes in giving all operators the best tools to do their jobs properly, and applicants must be able to extract the most speed possible out of each machine.
- Must be able to multi-task well.
Minimum of 5 years of experience necessary to apply
Brilliant Graphics offers a full benefits package, including medical, life, dental and a 401k plan. The position is full time, hourly with overtime as needed.
If you are looking for and would thrive in a fast paced challenging work environment, then come be Brilliant with us.
Our goal is to be the very best at what we do, and we are looking for someone who wants to help lead the way as we become the industry leader in creative print solutions.
Registered Nurse (Rn) Prn, Gamma Knife Center
We are looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join the Gamma Knife Center at Johnston-Willis Hospital. At Johnston-Willis Hospital, we have been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years, which means patients can depend on our experience to provide the exceptional care they need. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care—through the Thomas Johns Cancer Hospital—as well as inpatient rehabilitation (with all private rooms), our ER is a state-authorized level III trauma center and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center. Johnston-Willis Hospital is the only hospital in the area, and only the second in Virginia, to use the Gamma Knife Perfexion™, a minimally invasive stereotactic radiosurgery tool that uses extremely precise cobalt radiation beams. The Gamma Knife is used to treat brain tumors, trigeminal neuralgia (face pain), and other neurological disorders. The Registered Nurse (RN) in the Gamma Knife Center performs patient care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director, and is: 1. Responsible for clinical management of the patient. 2. Functions as a Registered Nurse by role-modeling professional behavior. 3. Functions as a Charge Nurse/Resource Nurse. 4. Assures satisfaction of customers (patients, visitors, physicians and staff). 5. Participates in and understands Quality Management activities. 6. Demonstrates effective communication skills. 7. Demonstrates understanding of hospital and departmental policies and procedures. 8. Promotes cost-effective unit operations. 9. Documents nursing care utilizing the appropriate tools. 10. Maintains competencies in clinical areas and is responsible for professional growth and development. 11. Complies with professional, regulatory, governmental and departmental standards. 12. Patient Rights - Works to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treats each patient with dignity and care, and maintains patient confidentiality/privacy. 13. Patient Safety – Demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products. EDUCATION: * Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing (required)
BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited School of Nursing (preferred) LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS: * Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse or license pending state board approval (required)
American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required) EXPERIENCE : * Previous experience in an acute care facility (p referred) * 1 year of experience in area of clinical expertise to which applying (preferred)
Job:Nursing - Professional
Title:Registered Nurse (RN) PRN, Gamma Knife Center
CNC Lathe Operator - Machine Operator
Established Troy, Michigan Tool Manufacturer needs CNC lathe operator-experienced only-
- Must be able to program, edit, and set up cnc lathe to make parts from prints
- Must have own tools, and transportation
- Manual lathe and mill experience a plus
Good wages, health care, paid vacation.
Concrete Pump Operator / Machine Operator
• Recommend measures to improve productivity/quality
• Requisition materials and supplies
• Resolve work problems
• Set up, loads and unloads machines and equipment
• Train staff in safety consciousness, and policies
• Maintains tools and equipment associated with concrete pumps mounted on trucks, platforms, or separate placing booms
• Experience as a construction worker an asset
• Good communication skills
• Great leadership ability
• Solves problems effectively
• Well organized
$16 - $20 /HR
Since 1975, Central Broward Construction is a full service commercial masonry contractor. CBC works in Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach counties. CBC owns and operates all of our equipment.
Since its inception in 1990, Coast to Coast Forms has consistently outperformed as a provider of concrete shell building systems, delivering high quality and cost-effective workmanship. Our success comes from a steadfast commitment to the client’s vision, a culture of balance, integrity, leadership, and loyalty. Our passion for collaborative building practices can be seen in our projects that range from Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Okeechobee Counties.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!