Knitting Machine Fixer Job Description Sample
Knitting Machine Operator
Mega Force Staffing of Eden, NC is currently seeking an experienced Knitting Machine Operator on 3rd shift in Eden, NC. This is a temp to hire position!
The knitting machine operator is responsible for maintaining and monitoring 3+ knitting machines at all times.
Walks the floor checking on each knitting machine looking for break outs or run outs which cause the machine to stop
If there is a break out the operator will re-thread the yarn through the machine and start the machine back up by pressing buttons on the machine control panel. Machine will stop for knots, lint, and tension.
Wipe down the inside and outside of machines with a cloth
Push full cans to the end of the aisle for removal by service person
Perform quality checks on yarn and inspect per standards
Will also creel by replacing cones when yarn runs out
Education Requirements: High School Diploma/GED
Candidate must be willing to submit to a drug screen and background check.
Read, speak, and understand English
Write legibly to maintain accurate records
Previous circular knitting experience preferred
At least one year experience textile machine operation experience required
Basic math skills
Able to walk and stand an entire shift
Good vision, agility, and hand/eye coordination
If you're interested in this job opportunity, call or stop by our office!
220 E Meadow Rd. Suite #10 Eden, NC 27288
Knitting - Warper Operator I - Production
Knitting Warper Operator
Responsible for operating crochet-knitting machines, warpers, and tensor machines.
Position reports directly to the Production Supervisor. Next level is Production Superintendent followed by the Production Manager.
Must be able to work 2nd Shift hours from 3:30pm
11:30pm with some weekends and overtime as needed. Training will be held on the 1st shift from 7:30am
What Production Operation contributes to Cardinal Health
Operates light-duty bench- or floor-type machine tools and automation equipment.
May set up machining machines and make adjustments and perform maintenance on machines.
Checks work using prescribed gauges, jigs and fixtures to measure close tolerances.
Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
Must observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Will be responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions. Must attend all monthly scheduled Safety Meetings.
Knitter will run all 17 Knitting machines.
Warper operator will run crochet-knitting machines and warper.
Keep yarn "tied in" machine.
Thread machine when "breakouts" occur.
Monitor product for defects.
Knitter and Tensor operators stop machine and flag machine for technician for new warps.
Cut each roll and mark with designated identification ticket at doff.
Knitters are to remove rolls and place on buggy.
Maintain work area and equipment in neat and orderly condition.
Wipe cones and creels as needed and wipe creels as required.
Safeguarding of equipment to prevent damage.
Assist in PM's and general upkeep of machines as needed.
Blow all knitting machines once per day.
Blow warper off once per day.
Perform other duties as required or directed, with or with accommodation.
Meet department production goals.
Meet department quality goals by ensuring only quality cloth coming from Knitters.
Follow all safety rules, plant rules, department rules and implement total quality in his/her area of responsibility.
Participate in Plant Corrective Action Team Program.
Participate in Plant Safety Program.
Must be able to wear Latex Gloves.
Report all unsafe conditions in a timely manner.
Oil needles at doff
Pass Kappa test at STD.
Knitter, Tensor & Warper operator are all responsible for running the backwinder.
High School Diploma/ GED or one to three months' related experience and/or training preferred
0-6 months previous work experience required
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must be able to recognize colors.
Must be able to use tools such as scissors, threader, jack puller, and pencil.
Must be able to discern tiny defects.
What is expected of you and others at this level
Applies basic skills and techniques to complete routine tasks within assigned area
Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
Works on basic and routine assignments
Works within clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures and/or scientific methods
Adheres to all quality guidelines
Works under close supervision. All work is reviewed for accuracy
Any deviations from the norm are approved by the supervisor before proceeding
Must be able to wear Latex Gloves.
Hair net/beard cover required.
Steel toed shoes required.
Use of utility knife-use Kevlar glove on opposite hand.
Use of scissors.
Burn Hazards- hot machinery, hot product.
Slip hazard potential water/oil.
Safety glasses as required and OSHA approved hearing protection.
Safety goggles for compressed air.
Lifting moderate amount of weight-material handling equipment will aid in transporting.
Environmental, Health and Safety Requirements
Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) is a major cornerstone of this company's beliefs. Working safely and protecting the environment are an essential part of an employee's job performance and all employees are responsible for the following position requirements.
Sign a letter of EHS Commitment on an annual basis
Understand and abide by the plant EHS policy
Understand and abide by the plant EHS Cardinal Rules
Read the OSHA Poster on the HR Bulletin Boards
Follow all the standards, policies and procedures outlined in the EHS program
Attend all EHS training sessions
Wear and/or use all required personal protective equipment while working
Immediately report hazardous conditions or environmental risks to your supervisor in order for the supervisor to ensure appropriate corrective action is implemented
Immediately report any job-related injury or illness to your supervisor, Safety Coordinator, HR or any member of management
Department Specifications/ Non-Essential Functions
Report any injury, no matter how slight, within 24 hours.
Other duties as assigned.
Responsible to observe department's safety regulations and to use personal protective equipment as required per JSA.
Responsible to practice department's good manufacturing and housekeeping procedures.
Reports any unusual circumstances to immediate supervisor and perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Exposed to burn hazards-hot machinery-(Lap Sponge Machine) and slip hazard potential, water/oil.
Exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and a high noise level. Required to wear earplugs when in the manufacturing areas of the plant. In addition, required to wear a safety glove and safety knife when cutting open packages. Must also wear goggles and a dust mask if within 5o feet of a blow down operation. Must wear safety shoes in areas where required. Must wear hairnet.
Must be able to lift weight or exert force up to 10 pounds. Must be able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Must be able to work overtime as necessary.
Must be able to wear Latex Gloves.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Machine Learning Software Engineer
U of I Research Park (35009), United States of America, Champaign, Illinois
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Machine Learning Software Engineer
Are you a high performing engineer or data scientist passionate about cutting edge Machine Learning research or applying the latest advances to production projects? Do you enjoy reading and investigating advancements in applied machine learning architectures and solution white papers? Would you like to participate in the creation of publishable advancements in machine learning? Or does the idea of building enterprise-class ML applications that solve real customer problems excite you? At Capital One's Center for Machine Learning (C4ML), you'll be part of an elite team setting the example for machine learning research and applied machine learning.
The team at Data Innovation Team (part of C4ML) on the UIUC campus in research park is specifically focused on unsupervised and semi-supervised solutions to data related problems. Whether it is profiling data, identifying & tracking model drift, or creating synthetic data - we are a tight knit group, focusing on machine learning problems which deliver high value.
What we work on:
Generating synthetic data, utilizing RNNs and GANs
Identify complex data types, utilizing RNNs (think SSN, Address, Phone Number)
Developing distributed and serverless systems to enable machine learning in the cloud
Hyperparameter tuning at an enterprise scale
Patent our cutting edge technologies
Who you are:
You have explored the intricacies of a data set to extract insights or have built models that predict or identify patterns used to answer high value business questions
You have contributed to full stack systems built for speed and distributed computing and feel proud to ship code to delight end users.
You desire being part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
You love to learn new technologies, keep abreast of the latest technologies within the cloud architecture, and drive your organization to adapt to emerging best practices
You are the go-to person to answer deep technical questions about which ML algorithm may improve results or what visualization is best to explore relationships in the data
It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github or open source contributions you are proud to share
Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
At least 1 years of experience working with Machine Learning, Deep Learning or Artificial Intelligence
At least 1 year of experience programming in Python and either Ruby, R, Matlab, C++, Scala or Java
At least 1 years of experience designing and building full stack solutions
Master's Degree or PhD
At least 2 years of experience with cloud software design using microservices
At least 2 years of experience with machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow, Pytorch or Keras
A history of publications and conference attendance
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
TimkenSteel is a newly independent company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We create high-performance, customized steel that helps customers push the bounds of what's possible. At our Tryon Peak Plant, we leverage the core competencies of the TimkenSteel business and bring value to the supply chain for our customers. Leveraging state-of-the-art cut-off equipment, the plant offers full-length bar and seamless mechanical tubing with precision-cutting capabilities, and supplies primarily industrial and bearing-manufacturing customers.
This position is responsible for all operations of floor production equipment, ensuring the accuracy and consistency of product are achieved to meet customer specifications and needs.
This position is responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
Set-up and operate equipment in accordance with saw instructions and all other written documentation.
Produce quality parts within customer specification, ensuring proper gauging requirements are met.
Capable of completely operating all plant equipment including CNC and non-CNC band saws, cold saws, deburr units, etc.
Ability to operate a forklift, side loader, and shipping/support equipment is preferred.
Perform routine preventative maintenance and minor repairs to production equipment.
Record physical production, inventory changes, and complete process control and product quality documentation as required.
Support plant continuous improvement programs.
Operate safely within a team environment, including participation in team problem solving.
Communicate effectively and support team philosophy.
Demonstrate basic computer skills for data entry and RF scanning of material and production orders.
Develop individual knowledge and skills to promote safety, quality, cost efficient operation, and customer responsiveness.
Flexible to work any shift assignment and overtime as needed. May at times be required to run multiple machines as necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED.
High School Diploma or GED with two years of experience in manufacturing machining.
Previous operation of forklift and/or similar machinery.
Continuous standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, reaching and manual manipulation of parts.
Regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and push/pull up to 75 pounds. With assistance of lift equipment, occasionally moves parts in excess of 120 pounds in a combination of sliding/rolling/lifting.
Manufacturing work environment with moderate exposure to unusual elements such as wet and/or humid conditions. May include transportation and handling of product waste.
Vision must be corrected distance acuity 20/40 better eye; corrected near acuity 20/33 better eye.
Hearing at a conversational level.
May operate forklift and similar machinery and equipment.
Required to wear protective safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety shoes with metatarsals at all times.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Machine & Tooling Sales Repreentative
- A background in CNC applications, service and/or operation of machine tools
- At least five years experience in machine tool, industrial or capital equipment sales
- Desire to be the commission leader in the field
- Experience with tooling, fixturing and CNC programming
- Highly motivated, independent worker
- Exceptional customer following and loyalty; relationship builder
- Excellent computer follow-up and tracking skills
- Executive image and conduct
We are looking for team member who has a passion for manufacturing tech. As we pursue the future of a connected industry 4.0 environment with state of the art tooling and information systems we are adding talent to move our industry forward. We are heavily investing in the best equipment available for laser cutting, punch laser combination cutting, robotic press braking, tube laser cutting, and more. We have a new 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility is under construction. Primary work is done in SolidWorks and TruTops software packages.
About EMIT Technologies
EMIT Technologies is unique in the natural gas emissions market as the only fully integrated solutions OEM. With in-house engineering, product development, fabrication, field services, emissions testing, and application training, EMIT Technologies is your single source emissions solutions provider, for today, and the future.
- Converting product models to machine tool programs for production team
- Equipment optimization related to automated operation and material utilization
- Prototyping for new product development projects
- Tool maintenance scheduling
- Troubleshoot production related interruptions
- Integrating machine tool capabilities into product design practices
- Degree in technical field, mechanical engineering technician, or experience programming CNC machine tools or drafting in a sheet metal related business.
- Proficient user of SoldWorks or similar CAD software
- High initiative and willingness to push themselves to solve hard problems
EMIT Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.
Software Engineer Co-Op, Machine Learning - Fall Semester
Candidate is expected to work 40 hours a week for Fall semester.
- Assist with the design and implementation of the following:
- End-to-end pipeline for annotation, training and deployment of machine learning algorithms
- Services and dashboards for training progress and validation metrics
- Crowdsourcing pipelines for collecting internal and external annotations
- Participate in the design, development, evaluation, deployment and updating of data-driven models and analytical solutions for machine learning (ML) applications
- Work with product owners and customers on understanding their learning applications, assisting with integration and providing ML expertise
- Produce high quality code that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- Conduct technical investigations and prototyping in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Candidate must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 0-2 years of machine learning experience
- Previous software development experience
- Experience in the following areas:
- Computer vision and machine learning
- Image processing
- Creating clean C++ code
- Object-oriented design
- Rapid development and prototyping in Python
- GPU compute
- Familiarity with at least one of the following, or similar platforms:
- MXNet, Caffe, TensorFlow, Keras, Torch, Dlib, scikit-learn
Machine Learning & Distributed Ledger Sr. Engineer
• Responsible for delivery in the areas of: data science/machine learning & Distributed Ledger including technology implementations and algorithm development
• Write software (in Python/R/Java) to extract, clean and manipulate large datasets both structured and unstructured
• Construct data staging layers and fast real-time systems to feed machine learning algorithms
• Review and independently test the effectiveness and accuracy of Image Analytics, NLP and machine learning models
• Utilize expertise in models that leverage the newest data sources, technologies, and tools, such as machine learning, Python, Hadoop, AWS, as well as other cutting-edge tools and applications for Machine Learning.
• Investigate the impact of new technologies, applications, and data sources on the future of secondary mortgage business
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tools and paradigms to deploy cutting edge solutions.
• Develop both deployment architecture and scripts for automated system deployment in AWS
• Create large scale deployments using newly researched methodologies
• Work in Agile environment
• Experience mentoring junior engineers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science
• Comprehensive knowledge of modern statistical learning methods
• At least 5 years’ experience with machine learning and natural language processing
• At least 5 years’ experience with Distributed Ledger technologies
• 5+ years of experience working with AWS
• At least 5 years’ experience in Python (NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, pandas, Theras, Theano) and any other open source programming languages for large scale data analysis
• At least 7+ years’ experience in Java
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science
• 2+ years of experience working with financial data
• 5+ years of experience in Python (including NLP) for large scale data analysis
• 7+ years of experience with SQL & relational databases
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to work both independently and in project teams
Startup / Rapid Growth / Sr. Java Engineer / Machine Learning & AI
When we partner with talent, we learn not just your skills and background, but the many layers of your spirit – your life aspirations, your career goals, and how you find a sense of purpose. After we map out how to make your ideal life your real life, we find the team that can take you there.
If the description below sounds like a great fit and if you're looking for fresh experience with your job search, then we encourage you to reach out to discuss what the right path for you is.
Salary: Competitive / DOE
We are seeking Senior level Java Engineers to help a high growth startup build next-generation application monitoring services that utilize next generation AI and extensive machine learning.
The work involved includes working on distributed systems/micro-services, and complex back-end development using Java 8, JVM, and or scala. While the majority focus is backend, Knowledge of UI and frontend: (ES6, React, D3.js) are a significant added benefit.
In addition, there will be numerous complex and interesting projects to work on that can vary from big data, web UI, and building applications with challenging and extensive technical requirements.
Proficient in Java 8, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
Advanced knowledge in multi-threading
Solid understanding of object-oriented programming & CS fundamentals
Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
Java large scale distributed systems/databases and large scale event processing
Proper understanding of algorithms and data structure
Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful
Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
Basic understanding of the class loading mechanism in Java
Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
Familiarity with continuous integration
Kudos and bonus points for experience with Reactor, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Cassandra, and or Redis
Also, Kudos for solid knowlege of UI and frontend i.E., (ES6, React, D3.js)
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS PROVIDED
Machine Maintenance Technician
Repairs and maintains mechanical and hydraulic components of production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
The following job/task functions have been identified as the core functions of this position. However, the supervisor or manager may assign additional duties associated with this position.
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem area.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts.
- Realigns and adjusts components such as spindles and clutches.
- Locates damaged air and hydraulic pipes on machine, and measures, cuts, threads, and installs new pipe.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
- Repairs broken parts.
- Ability to wire and troubleshoot basic electrical control circuits.
- Performs all duties and operates machinery & equipment according to MIOSHA standards and company procedures using required safety equipment (gloves, sleeves, ear plugs, etc.).
- Modifies computer controlled motion of robot.
- Assists Engineer to modify sketches or computer generated designs of machine components such as hydraulic system and drive mechanism.
- Punctual and regular attendance is required.
- Able and willing to work any shift assigned.
- Keeps work areas clean and orderly.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Assumes other duties as directed by supervisor.
All associates are required to conform to TS 16949 and ISO 14001 standards and procedures
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!