Labeling Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Cable Labeling Operator
Cable Labeling Operator in Fremont, CA at Volt # Date Posted: 2/5/2018 # Job Snapshot
Employee Type: Contingent
Location: Fremont, CA
Job Type: Industrial
Duration: 24 weeks
Date Posted: 2/5/2018
Job ID: 85064
Contact Name Volt Branch
Phone 510/505-0560 # Job Description
Meticulous handling of cable input and correct labeling
Open and unpack chassis and components to be used for server assembly
Install/replace brackets, labels, etc.
Lift racks that are 50 pounds continuously throughout the day
Integration of computer parts into a chassis on a progressive line
Installing small screws and parts into a chassis
Assemble handles and affix switches and applying labels
Installation of rails to elevation on rack specifications
Packaging finished racks
Identify and label cables for rack specification
May be required to assist with recycling materials
Assemblers will follow detailed assembly instructions, processes and procedures for product assembly operations
Requires at least 6 months of related experience
Strong attention to detail
Ability to regularly lift, push, and/or move up to 50 pounds
Ability to stand for a prolonged period
Ability to work on ladders
Must be able to effectively work within a team environment
Communicate and can follow verbal and written directions
High school diploma or GED In order to promote this harmony in the workplace and to obey the laws related to employment, Volt maintains a strong commitment to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or parental status, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.
Want to work in a friendly environment with an established company driven by their core values? Flambeau is in need of Machine Operators for all shifts at our Madison, Georgia location. Qualified candidates will possess a positive attitude, a drive to do things right the first time, and sense of urgency to get things done! This job is fast paced and quality driven.
Essential Duties: * Interpretation and recognition of quality expectations in order to meet customer quality.
Physical removal of parts & proper handling from any injection molding/blow molding presses.
Insertion of parts into any secondary fixture, operation of any secondary fixture, physical removal and visual inspection ofpart to ensure process has been done correctly.
Perform written record keeping to ensure quality standards have been met.
Packing, counting, weighing, labeling and moving parts either manually or with automated assistance as required.
Maintain an acceptable attendance record. Required Skills
Ability to perform basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions).
Written and verbal communication skills.
This job requires attention to detail and working at an extremely fast pace.
Ability to work independently without a need for excessive supervision.
Physical Abilities to Do the Following Daily: * Standing or walking for periods up to eight hours at a time.
Reaching, feeling, handling or grasping and detecting part inconsistencies and variances by sight and touch 8 hours or more at a time.
Accurately distinguish colors and shades of colors.
Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling 40 pounds or less.
Twisting and turning to gain access to gaylords and packing crates intermittently during an 8 hour shift. Required Experience
Desirable candidates will have at least 3 years of consecutive work history, preferably in a manufacturing environment.. Flambeau offers a competitive wage plus medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401(k), life and more!All offers of employment by Flambeau are contingent on completion of a drug test within 2 business days of your offer acceptance and a background check with results in compliance with company policy.Flambeau, Inc. is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer and Drug Free Workplace.Upon hire, Flambeau uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility for roles based in the United States.Tracking Code: 99-2017 Job Location: Madison, Georgia, United States
Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular
Salary:* 11.35 - USD
Machine Operator 1
Job Description Summary
Under supervision, works within standard and operating procedures to plan, perform, and make decisions regarding the set-up, operations and troubleshooting of a variety of automated production equipment used to perform routine assembly-line functions of filling, packing, assembling, labeling and inspecting.
Runs manufacturing equipment and production processes in accordance with production schedules.
Troubleshoots and problem solves equipment raw material issues, under direct supervision.
Analyzes and evaluates charts and follows simple diagrams, testing, and inspection procedures.
Assists in the development of new manufacturing set-ups, as required.
Maintains accurate records and logs in accordance with GDP, GMP, FDA, and ISO9000 to ensure quality product is produced on a consistent basis.
Ensures a safe work environment for self and others in the area. Maintains currency of all required training. Maintains a neat, organized and clean work area.
Works with and coordinates with other shifts to maintain sufficient and correct supply of sterilized equipment.
Identifies Kaizen opportunities to drive manufacturing efficiency and waste reduction.
Effectively works in a team setting, supporting team goals and objectives.
May occasionally perform clean up functions in sterilized areas.
Makes effective decisions relative to position requirements.
Performs other duties as operations required.
Minimum Qualifications :High school graduate or equivalent.
Minimum of one year of experience in an automated manufacturing setting.
Physical ability to stand for a 10 to 12 hour shift and lift up to 20 lbs. Some areas may requirement additional lifting requirements.
Ability to safely operate all required equipment.
Knowledge of computers, including basic use of a windows environment. Knowledge of SAP or similar systems preferred.
Ability to work a flexible schedule and work overtime as required by business needs..
Ability to maintain continuous mental and visual attention (eye-hand coordination).
Mechanical aptitude to control machine operations including minor equipment repair, identification of problems, and correcting problems. # Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Baltimore # Additional Locations # Work Shift Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status
Manufacturing - Machine Operator - Plastics Machine Operator - Molding
Job Title: Operator
Location: Delano, MN
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
The employees in this position are responsible for the overall operations of the machine and the manufacturing of good quality parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to meet scrap and production goals.
- Ensures quality of parts coming off machine.
- Reads and follows the molding process sheets, correcting any errors immediately, in writing, to their supervisor or lead person.
- Continually communicates with their lead person, maintenance, quality control and/or supervisor whenever they have questions or need assistance regarding any of the requirements of their job.
- Keeps their work area clean and organized. Places all parts to be trimmed in crates or on pallets.
- Fills out production reporting paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Keeps productive materials appropriately stocked.
- Communicates effectively with prior and subsequent shifts.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by Solar Plastics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or other members of management.
(The essential duties and responsibilities will have been satisfactorily completed when the following are demonstrated) Note: This only pertains to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position and is not all inclusive of the entire performance evaluation process. Acceptable performance is based on first time quality of molded parts, machine productivity and work area cleanliness and organization.
Copier/Scanner/Fax, Computer, Phone System, Welding Equipment, Lathe and Mill Operation, Hand and Power Tools, Forklift, Ladders
- understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- understand problems, collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- communicate with individuals face to face; requires ability to hear and speak effectively.
- express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately and quickly.
- orally and in writing, communicate technical information.
- add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- be able to see and hear 8+ hours per day.
- have visual acuity to perform activities such as running production machines, etc.
- possess good manual and finger dexterity (working with small bolts, nuts, screws, adding inserts, flushing out parts, flaming parts, etc.).
- sit, stand and walk up to 8+ hours per day.
- work at a rapid speed, twist, bend, push, pull, carry, stoop, reach and grasp 8+ hours per day for activities such as working on equipment, making repairs, etc.
- work in confined, tight spaces. Requires continuous finger movement and keyboard usage for carrying and using equipment, tools, etc. Extensive wrist movement is required.
- lift 50+ pounds, unaided on a regular basis. (hoists are available and should be used for parts and molds that exceed this weight level).
- use hand tools.(i.e, power drills, hammers, routers, etc).
- Exposed to heat, cold and potential internal temperature changes up to 8+ hours per day. Exposed to outside working environment when salvaging parts, roof and grounds work. Exposed to solvents when part cleaning, acids/corrosives when cleaning floor, dust, dirt, fumes/vapors/gases from plastics processes, ovens and propane tanks.
This position works independently 8+ hours per day and occasionally works directly with others. Must be able to work the hours/shift required. Ability to work additional hours, as needed to accommodate issues that may arise in the 24-hour operation.
This position exists in a production and shop environment, with occasional need to enter the office.
Personal Protection Equipment
- Eye safety glasses necessary to enter production area.Hearing protection must be worn when excessive noise is present on the production floor and in the shop.
Solar Plastics, LLC provides employees with a wide variety of benefits that include:
Life, AD&D & Dependent Life Insurance
Long-Term and Short-term Disability
Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan with Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Plan
Automatic Payroll Deposit Availability
Press Machine Operator
Job Description Kelly Services, Inc. is seeking press machine operators in south Ft. Wayne Run a press Inspect parts in accordance with the control plan for the part being produced Package parts in accordance with packaging and labeling instructions Record proper information on the Material Utilization Reports Record proper part quantities and hit counts on the Production Reports Maintain the cleanliness of working area Adhere to the quality and environmental policies
Requirements Overtime as required 12 hr. days as required
? At Kelly Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
® As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter . Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Machine Operator Assistant And General Labor
About WestRock About WestRock WestRock (NYSE:
WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace.
WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com . Machine Operator Assistant and General Labor Job Title: Machine Operator/Assistant & General Labor – Plymouth, IN FSP WestRock Company (NYSE:
WRK) aspires to be the premier partner and unrivaled provider of paper and packaging solutions in consumer and corrugated markets. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia.
Learn more at www.westrock.com. Machine Operator/Assistant
Our food service packaging plant in Plymouth, IN, is seeking qualified candidates to fill the Machine Operator/Assistant & General Labor Positions in the production dept. This is a skilled level, hourly position where advancement in operations is expected.
The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to working safe, good communication skills, a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, experience in a manufacturing environment, and a strong desire to succeed and advance in the company operation. Benefits include insurance, 401K, paid vacation.
Learns to operate equipment at a satisfactory level as assigned. Performs inspections on various equipment for proper operation and report questionable conditions Performs various housekeeping, cleaning, and organizing functions with minimal supervision to ensure areas are clean and free from debris.
Ability to safely operate various manufacturing equipment, follow specific directions, and perform duties as assigned.
Ability to work safely, comply with all safety rules, lift, push or pull 50lbs, navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend, and kneel throughout the entire shift.
Ability to read a tape measure (to 1/16” measurement, do basic math, and some computer skills).
General mechanical aptitude & trouble shooting skills
Ability to perform complete make ready and shut down
Understanding of Quality Inspection Criteria + Product Identification and Labeling + Use of PDE system + Maintain Waste and Efficiency standards + Must be flexible on shift as overtime is required + Must pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen and physical + HS diploma or GED required.
Industrial packaging manufacturing experience is preferred, not required.If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce:
Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans. About WestRock WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace.
WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia.
Learn more at www.westrock.com . Production/Manufacturing WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. Machine Operator Assistant and General Labor
Machine Operator Entry - VMC Cell Operator - 1St Shift
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Machine Operator Entry
VMC Cell Operator is required to perform each of the tasks below in a safe and timely manner. The Machine Operator Entry
VMC Cell Operator must focus on quality as well as productivity.
As the Machine Operator Entry
- VMC Cell Operator, you will:
Interpret written specs
Perform repetitive heavy lifting
Perform standard work per the quality work plans
Generate improvement ideas on a weekly basis
Participation in team based improvement activities
Activity participate in standard work revisions
Inspect parts using pin / thread gages
Position, adjust, and secure stock or work pieces against stops on chucks, vises, fixtures, or automatic feeding mechanisms
Add coolant and lubrication materials to maintain proper levels
Clean, maintain, and organize assigned area Qualifications/
High School Diploma / GED
Good safety, attendance, and performance record
Ablility to interpret shop blueprints
Ablility to interpret MOSs
Ability to do arithmetic and basic shop math
Use standard measuring instruments
Work with minimum supervision
Work well with others To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections at http://bit.ly/geconnections
Locations: United States; Maine; Auburn GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Machine Operator | Plating Machine
- Follow procedures for polishing dies, polish dies for set amount of time
- Follow procedures for nickel plaiting dies, nickel plate dies for set amount of time
- Check titration levels and perform other tests as needed
- Adjust chemical mixtures daily to yield perfect results
- Improve processes and procedures to achieve overall efficiency standards
- Clean polish and nickel tanks on a weekly basis
- Quality check of all dies to determine if they can be moved to the next step in the production process
- Keep work area clean and free of safety hazards at all time
- Communicate with all other departments to ensure customer requirements are fully met
- Any other tasks as instructed by leads, supervisors or managers
- Assist other Finishing areas when needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to chemical fumes or airborne particles as well as moving mechanical parts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Mostly standing and walking work. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., 40 hours per week with occasional overtime on Saturdays.
Preferred Education & Special License(s)/Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- OSHA Hazwoper 40 hour, preferred but not required.
- Prior plating experience.
Kocher+Beck USA L.P. is an equal opportunity employer.
Machine - Machine Operator
Title: Machine Operator
Primary Objectives of Position
Manufacture high quality tablets and/or capsules in an efficient and safe manner that complies with cGMPs and meets product specifications.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. High School education (HS Diploma or GED preferred)
2. Experience in food/pharmaceutical/nutraceutical processing operations, FDA regulated industry, or combination of experience, education, and training that provides the level of knowledge, skills, and experience needed to successful perform the job
3. Able to read, write, and speak in English
4. Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, rounding)
5. Detail oriented
6. Effective problem-solving skills
7. Ability to work independently and in a team environment
8. Ability to maintain a positive, professional, cooperative demeanor
9. Ability to foster productive working relationship with management, coworkers, vendors and customers
10. Ability to interpret, comply with, and support Company policies, procedures, work rules, and protocols
11. Ability to adapt effectively to workplace changes and new job duties/responsibilities
12. Ability to represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times
Physical Demands With or Without Accommodation
1. Ability to stand for extended periods of time (approximately 6-8 hours)
2. Ability to repeatedly bend, twist, and stoop throughout an 8-10 hour shift
3. Ability to frequently lift up to 25 kg (55 lbs.)
4. Ability to be exposed to considerable noise from machinery
5. Ability to be exposed to nutraceutical raw materials and powders
6. Ability to wear PPE as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Sets-up equipment for processing operations.
2. Operates two or more of the following machines and processes as trained, instructed by supervisor, and in compliance with all safety and cGMP regulations:
§ Weigh up materials
§ 10ct V blender
§ 30cf V blender
§ Bosch GKF2000
§ IMA Zanasi
§ Ultra 8
o Tablet Compression
§ XL100 Korsch
§ XL400 Korsch
§ XPRESS700 Manesty
§ Fitz Mill
§ Fitz Mill
3. Promptly reports material, process, and equipment concerns, questions, and/or problems to supervisor for proper handling
4. Completes and verifies batch record entries, equipment log books, and other relevant documentation and records
5. Monitors process and equipment, making necessary adjustments as needed or required, to maintain batch record specifications
6. Tears down machine and equipment in accordance with training, instructions by supervisor, and in compliance with all safety and cGMP regulations
7. Cleans and maintains processing rooms and equipment
8. Assists Junior Operators with paperwork and machine processes as necessary
9. Works with personnel from other departments as necessary to ensure safety and quality in production
10. Follows established department SOP's, Company cGMPs, and all instructions, whether verbal or written
11. Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations
12. Maintains a safe work environment and functions in a safe manner
13. Performs other duties, job related or otherwise, as assigned
14. Takes a 35 minute lunch within first five hours of punching in
15. Takes two 15 minute breaks – first break before lunch, second break after lunch
Machine Operator / Production Operator
Now hiring 1st and 2nd shift at $11 hr to start
The Company offers a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k), 10 paid holidays, paid vacation and personal days. Manufacture of silicone-based sealants, adhesives and lubrication products, plus PVC foam materials, for a wide range of applications.. Currently, we are experiencing growth in our PVC Foam and Silicone Sealants and Adhesives divisions. Openings exist for experienced talent for 1st and 2nd shift production opportunities.
- Experienced Mixers (5+ years’ experience)
- Machine Operators
- Packaging Operators
- Quality Control Technician (5+ years ‘experience)
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength 15 lbs to 40 lbs lifting
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!