Labor Expediter Job Description Sample
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone in the San Luis Obispo area looking for work in business/purchasing. This position is full time (the schedule is to be determined) and the pay will be decided upon your experience. If you are qualified, please apply ASAP!
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain open order list through expediting function
- Place orders: Phone calls, fax, data entry, tear-down/distribution of paperwork
- Provide suppliers with current drawing revision
- Process and coordinate subcontract processes
- Engage in problem solving with incoming orders
- Prepare and review requests for quotation
- Maintain frequent contact with suppliers to provide assistance and information
- Understand and apply company policies and procedures as they apply to purchasing
- Perform additional tasks as directed by lead
- Ability to work 80% unassisted
- Log labor information in ADC
Skills and Qualifications:
- Some business courses or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of blueprints/drawings
- Computer skills
- Typing 35-40wpm
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to multi-task and properly prioritize your tasks
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Basic math skills
We as well as our client are equal opportunity employers, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Any offer of employment is contingent on receipt of a satisfactory background check, which will include a review of the applicant’s criminal history. No applicant will be denied employment solely on the grounds of a criminal offense. The nature of the offense, the date of the offense, the surrounding circumstances and the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for will be considered.
Material Expediter II
We are looking for a skilled Material Expediter to facilitate the smooth completion of construction projects. You will ensure that every construction site or job has an adequate and timely flow of materials and equipment.
A material expediter must be a well-organized individual able to multitask. You should possess great communication skills and knowledge of basic purchasing and technical principles and ability to solve problems and knowledge of basic purchasing and technical principles.
The goal is to support the timely and cost-effective completion of construction projects.
- Correct product naming on MM Sheet
- Liaison for estimation team
- Data entry
- Defining how material is packaged/bundled/and shipped
- Gathered information for PM and Estimation teams
- Verify material ordered on PO to the Invoices
- Verify correct pricing on invoices
- Ensuring all materials, supplies and equipment received for project/s are processed in M.M. Sheets in a timely manner
- Data base management (red Flags)
- Keep accurate records
- Manage the orders of materials and equipment to meet project requirements
- Gather material warranty information
- Maintain good relations with suppliers and vendors
- Ability to understand technical specifications of material and equipment
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and filing systems
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Well-organized with multi-tasking abilities
- Apt in problem-solving
- High school diploma is preferred
Primary responsibility for this position will be for supporting production operations so that ohters may maximize their time in value-adding work. Delivering, staging,and removing parts and supplies for production cells to enable a smotth production flow. Communicate issues with regard to concerns of properly meeting the established takt times
- Maintains workplace organization with regard to meeting material, parts and supplies
of production personnel.
- Coordinated the movement of materials to production in the right amount, at the right time,in the right place, and with the proper orientation.
- Uses efficient work porcesses and follows standard work in the performance of daily routine.
- Responsible for supplying assigned production areas with materials for manufacturing, as to not interrupt the production process, and handling documents necessary for inventory transaction.
- Responsible for assuring all the shop floor transactions on daily basis.
- Works as part of the manufacturing team to assist in meeting on time deliverys.
- Helps resolve inventory discrepancies and supports efficiencies in material movements
- Make process imporvemnet recommendations.
- Other duties may also be assigned
High school education
Requires experience and knowledge in electronic industry.
Works on jobs that are complex in nature. Good judgment is required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
Works under close supervision. Receives no instructions on routine work and detailed instruction on new assignments.
Moderate physical effort required.
Computer Skills and good written/spoken communication skills; frequent analysis and occasional judgment and decision making effort.
Requires the use of a computer.
Requires frequent interaction with each department supervisor.
For more information, visit www.builtinthevalley.com or www.bestronicsinc.com.
We are seeking an Expediter to join our team. While we are primarily seeking a full-time employee, we will consider a person for part-time employment
- Prepare, review and assemble filings with various NYC and NYS agencies for construction projects
- Meet with project examiners for construction approvals
- Maintain and execute assignments on a timely basis
- Maintain records of assigned projects
- Review and communicate status reports
- Serve as point of contact between company and clients
- travel throughout all 5 NYC boroughs required
- Previous experience in expediting preferred
- Must have NYC Department of Buildings Expediter License
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with various NYC and NYS government agencies
Permit Runner/Permit Expediter
Must have a few experience in submitting permits and understand the process.
Must be knowledgeable of the Tri-County area and all the building Departments.
A clean driving record
Job Duties include:
Getting permit packages ready for submittal.
Checking plan review status
Submitting corrections and revisions
Getting inspections times and sometimes meeting inspectors onsite.
Must be able to multi task and solve problems and issues quickly.
Must be well spoken
Have reliable transportation to and from work
A working cell phone and smart phone.
Expediter - Supply Chain
Expeditor/Material Handler, will help to load and unload products from delivery trucks, be able to operate a sit down and stand-up reach forklift, stack/move product into its specified location efficiently and safely. Tasks must be completed timely while maintaining professional image and ensuring total customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate professional conduct and ethics according to company policy and procedure.
- Assist in maintaining required inventory levels, ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct.
- Load and unload delivery trucks for receiving stock and/or filling orders for transport while operating a forklift on a daily basis.
- Ensuring that vehicles are loaded and secured properly and accurately.
- Maintaining general warehouse duties.
- Verify part numbers, lot numbers, and quantities on a packing list are correct for packing shipments for UPS/FedEx.
- Monitor the stock/inventory in order to ensure on time delivery.
- Work in accordance with general safety rules and practices.
- Perform other job duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor/manager.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to work under stress and in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be alert, able to concentrate, and use good judgment.
- Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending, reaching, pulling, and grasping.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver License
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a forklift certificate or demonstrated experience operating a forklift.
- Must have general job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Able to work autonomously with minimum supervision.
- Able to provide quality customer service for the purpose of maintaining an effective and efficient work environment.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and execute short and long-term goals.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to communicate in English.
Field Buyer / Material Expediter (Entry Level)
This is a long term- potential to be permanent Buyer position at a refinery in Paulsboro, NJ.
The ideal candidate will be a recent college graduate with a degree in construction or engineering field.
Candidate must have background experience in construction industry - preferably refinery or chemical plants.
This position will be 70% out in the field. Experience on site in a refinery/chemical or construction setting is preferred.
Strong computer skills are required.
MUST have SAP experience. (at least one year)
Responsibilities and Duties
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Negotiate commercial aspects of contracts of materials, services and bulk commodities for local or regional locations.
Placing orders for all material, services and bulk commodities.
Entering requisitions in SAP for all items to be purchased.
Substituting lower cost, safe, quality material, services, and bulk commodities.
Controlling purchase order budgets by contractor.
Reviewing proposals and selecting vendor to provide material, services, and bulk commodities.
Auditing contractors and subcontractors purchasing documentation.
Maintaining and updating off-site library repositories as required by agencies.
Assuring all change orders are properly documented and processed.
Material Management SAP Functionality.
Coordinates dis-positioning of surplus and salvage through investment recovery across multiple projects to reduce costs.
Standardize tools, equipment, and supplies as required across several projects to reduce cost.
Coordination of construction contractor materials and supplies.
Expediting material, services, and bulk commodities.
Support CPI initiatives and utilize Procurement Card Program.
Purchases volume of $1-$3 million.
Knowledge in multi-discipline vendor accounting and manufacturing industries with specific expertise in procurement and auditing.
Must be able to demonstrate good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and Access), Windows, SAP and Primavera.
Must be able to demonstrate good analytical and decision-making skills.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Minimum 1-4 years professional experience in procurement, material control, contract auditing in refining and/or petrochemical industry with demonstrated knowledge in all areas.
AS in technical area of specialization or business administration with knowledge of processes relating to purchasing and material management.
Expediters in a Warehouse:
This is a Production environment working in a Warehouse. Expediting orders, some warehouse and basic computer skills required.
Requirements/Details: -Basic computer skills. Standing on feet, liaison between customer service/sales, production floor and warehouse. Open order maintenance (updates), looking up orders, changes to orders when necessary, tracking down product. Good communication skills and must be able to stand for the entire shift. Looking for energetic individuals with shipping/receiving experience preferred, but not required.
The Expediter is responsible for making sure customer order’s are complete in all phases, correct and shipped on time to meet there In hands date.
Essential Job Functions
• Coordinating with other buildings to assure that the traveler and all items are present to complete the order.
• Coordinating with the art department/ screen department for print outs and proofing of the traveler.
• Coordinating with the warehouse and production leads for fulfilling and scheduling the printing of the product in a timely manner to get order’s out on time.
• Communicating with customer service if there is a problem with the order, backordered product or if a ship date cannot be met. Requirements
• Basic computer skills.
• Speed and accuracy to meet target ship dates.
• Ability to comprehend written instructions and communicate with other team members and department leads.
Pay rate: DOE
Openings for the Mid Shift Hours: 11:30am to 8pm OR 1:30pm to 10pm Monday to Friday. Overtime and Saturdays is mandatory when required.
Hours might also be for 1st shift: 7am to 3:30pm Monday to Friday with mandatory overtime and Saturdays are required.
-Must be able to work overtime and on Saturdays when required
-Must have basic computer skills
-Must be able to lift and be required to stand for the entire shift
Interested persons, please respond by text with first and last name at 727-503-7806
You're welcome to our office
7211 Bryan Dairy Road
Largo, FL 3377
Scheduler / Expediter
To monitor the flow of materials, components, tooling, and paperwork between departments to conform with production schedules. To confer with supervisors to eliminate difficulties and delays. To facilitate rush orders, prepare standard progress reports, and notify a supervisor of major problems. The Production Expediter reports to the
Customer Service Manager.• Primary
• Examine documents, materials, or products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
• Confer with establishment personnel, vendors, or customers to coordinate production or shipping activities and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
• Arrange for delivery, assembly, or distribution of supplies or parts to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules.
• Contact suppliers to verify shipment details.
• Provide documentation and information to account for delays, difficulties, or changes to cost estimates.
• To work overtime as requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned.•
• A.A. degree in a technical field or equivalent training/experience.
• Expediting experience within Oil & Gas related industry highly preferred.
• Competence in duties and tasks of direct reports.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Ability to effectively direct and coordinate the efforts of direct reports.
From engineered pipe supports, expansion joints, pre-insulated pipe supports, and miscellaneous fabrication to various engineering and technical services, PT&P has decades of experience providing products and services for all your engineering and construction needs.
PT&P strives to satisfy each customer's request from custom designed and engineered products to emergency situations in need of critical and time restricted attention. PT&P also continues to search for ways to increase customer satisfaction and quality. Through our value-added services such as 24x7 Field Services, product testing, stress analysis, and engineering & design services, PT&P is able to support our customers above and beyond expectations.
Expediter - Planner
Expediter - Planner
The Expediter – Planner position has multiple facets depending on the priorities of the moment. In the absence of high priority issues, it will be focused on advanced planning activities meant to support the smooth and efficient operation of the standard business processes with a focus on supporting Purchasing, Production and Sales. The position can become very dynamic as the individual in the position will be expected to take ownership of high priority projects/orders to ensure that the C Technologies, lives up to its commitments and follows through on its promises in terms of fulfilling orders, delivery dates, technical information etc. When highly visible orders are identified and assigned to the Expediter – Planner they are expected to work in collaboration with and across functional groups such as Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Production, Quality and Shipping/Receiving in order to push the organization and as necessary its vendors to meet deadlines. In this role a customer service focus and whatever it takes attitude will help ensure success.
Relationships & Communication:
Director of Operations
Sales, Purchasing, Production, Quality Engineering, Shipping Receiving, Inventory & Service
Vendors & Customers
The employee in this role should have some or all of the following characteristics/qualifications:
Any MRP / ERP Software (e.g. Visual Manufacturing / Enterprise)
Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Outlook, Office 365)
Familiarity with Order Fulfillment Processes
2+ years professional experience in a Manufacturing or Service Industry
Experience in Production, Purchasing. Planning or Customer Service
Experience use MPR or ERP Software Supporting Operations
Experience working in an ISO 9001 Certified Organization
Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Detail Oriented & Organized
Honest, Respectful & Cooperative
Commitment to Quality & Continuous Improvement
High Adaptable to Dynamic Changes of Priorities & Tasks
Excellent at Multitasking
Excellent Problem-Solving Skills
Takes Ownership of Tasks and Projects
Familiarity with Cost Accounting
Innate curiosity and desire to learn entire process(es)
*Qualifications are updated through the corresponding CF0216 CHECK.
Essential Responsibilities: The following list highlights the key responsibilities/tasks.
A. Review Material Planning Report to support Purchasing and Production with advanced planning.
B. Assist Production and/or purchasing with the review of requirements for both Fabrication, Purchased or Both type of items.
C. Support Production and Purchasing with Requisition and Order Management during periods of high activity.
D. Act as potential overflow and backup resource in Production and/or Planning during periods of high activity.
E. Contact Vendors to check status of existing orders and expedite urgent requirements in support of Purchasing & Production.
F. Communicate directly with Customers, when requested by Sales, to share status an updates.
G. Examine patterns of consumption on purchased products to look for opportunities for improved pricing or order efficiency
H. Support the Sales quoting process with raw material and production lead time research.
I. Take responsibility for Urgent Order from start to finish by coordinating with all interested parts from the Customer, All CTECH Departments and Vendors to ensure that all quality, production and shipment targets are met.
J. Look for opportunities to implement continuous improvements throughout the operations group to enhance communication, reduce errors, and increase efficiency.
K. When necessary act as the Fire Fighter for urgent issues whether they are order, returns, complaints, etc. but do so in a way that always looks for what can be learned from the situation and changed to avoid repeat occurrences.
L. Update Procedures, Work Instructions and other documents for compliance with the CTECH Quality Management System.
M. Responsible for Special Projects in support of potentially any function with the operations group such as implementing new features and functionality in the corporate ERP system or new processes.
N. Conduct training for CTECH personnel on updated processes.
Located At: 757 Route 202/206 Bridgewater, NJ 08807
Online At: solovpe.com
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!