Laboratory Assistant Metallurgical Job Description Sample
Metallurgical Laboratory Supervisor - SMP
RESPONSIBILITIES: * Manage metallurgical laboratory and personnel to meet needs of SMP and comply to applicable internal and external requirements.
Manage alloy release and internal revert personnel to meet needs of SMP and comply to applicable internal and external requirements.
Prepare and manage department 730 budget to meet budget plans and goals.
Perform and coordinate audits, both internal and external, to monitor system and procedure compliance.
Provide technical support for HIP, Heat Treat and Braze operations and vendors.
Develop and maintain HIP, Heat Treat and Braze work instructions, material control data sheets and purchased material specifications.
Improve quality and cost of incoming material working with suppliers.
Other duties as assigned by Supervisor. QUALIFICATIONS: * B.S. in Metallurgical Engineering or other technical discipline.
Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. * 5+ years quality experience preferred.
Excellent communicator and capable of interacting with different levels of the organization.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder). Requisition ID: SMP080917
Metallurgical Laboratory Supervisor
Metallurgical Laboratory Supervisor Category: n/a Posted: 01/26/2018 Long Beach, California Direct Hire Description: Metallurgical Laboratory Supervisor Metals Manufacturing / Forging / Foundry Title:
Metallurgical Laboratory Supervisor Responsible To: Direct report to Quality Manager, dotted line to Technical Director Functional Relations: Laboratory Team Manufacturing Team Management Team Sales Department Purchasing Team Position Summary (purpose of the position): The Metallurgical Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for the managing a team of technicians (-5) performing analysis of a variety of elements associated with super alloy manufacturing utilizing the following analytical instruments: GFAA (Graphite Furnace Atomic Absorption) ICP (Inductively Coupled Plasma) OES (Optical Emission Spectrometer)
Metallurgical Laboratory Engineer
Quest Integrity, a global leader in inspection and engineering services, is seeking a Metallurgical Laboratory Engineer who will provide a broad range of daily activities in the laboratory and general support to all of Advanced Engineering within the petrochemical industry. Under the direction or supervision of the Metallurgical Laboratory Manager or the Advanced Engineering Manager, this position will comply with proper procedures, rules and safety regulations. This position requires a self-motivated and detailed individual, comfortable with working as an individual and as part of a team.
The position will be based in Boulder, Colorado.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist in laboratory investigations and testing of materials
Assist in root cause failure investigations/condition assessment of plant and equipment
Site investigations in support of plant reliability, inspection and maintenance issues
Contribute to consulting projects for new and existing customers from proposal to delivery
Present project results and data collection with clients
Participate in business development activities; giving presentations, seminars and presenting at work conferences
Maintain standard of laboratory consumables
Perform sectioning, documentation, sample preparation, metallography, and fractography as directed
Prepare data and images for use in metallurgical analysis reports
Ensure laboratory areas comply with Health and Safety regulations
Identify and arrange maintenance for routine calibrations or repairs required for laboratory equipment
Performance of other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Bachelors of Science in Metallurgical/Materials Engineering or Materials Science
1-2 years metallurgical laboratory working experience is required
Experience in light optical microscopy and metallography is required
Requires technical writing skills to quickly learn how to produce project reports in a timely manner
Excellent ability to represent the company in a professional manner in communicating and interfacing with customers and ability to maintain company and customer confidentiality
Proven ability to work with minimum supervision, displaying initiative and self-sufficiency
Requires effective organization, planning, and prioritization skills
Must be able to perform tasks to deadline and within tight time frames
Working conditions are normal for a laboratory environment. Work involves infrequent lifting of materials and samples up to 50 pounds. Some work requires the use of safety equipment including, but not limited to: safety-toe shoes, eye protection, hearing protection, and cut-resistant and/or chemical resistant gloves. As relevant skills are developed, an increase of fieldwork is expected, including up to 5-10% domestic travel. Field conditions may include work in confined spaces or exposure to increased noise and/or heat. Specialized protective gear such as fire resistant coveralls, fall-protection, etc., may be required for some fieldwork conditions.
Metallurgical Lab Manager
WORLD'S TOP METALS COMPANY STILL GROWING!
Metallurgical Lab Manager - 85K to 95K + Large Bonus + Great Benefits + Matching 401K + Relocation Package
To supervise the day-to-day operations of the Laboratory. To achieve and maintain the necessary laboratory customer approval and accreditation standards.
- Laboratory Planning & Administration.
- To schedule the Lab work schedule and headcount in accordance with workload and headcount constraints.
- To maintain the qualification matrix for the Lab technicians and train and re-allocate as necessary.
- To ensure logistics planners schedule material consistent with plant priorities and react to “red tag” orders.
- In absence of planners, to communicate with operations and metallurgists on test status and approve/release conforming tests in STAR.
- Handle union grievances up to Stage II and attend Stage III grievances relative to the Lab.
- Implement disciplinary action when breaches of company regulations or union contract requiring such action occur.
- Ensure laboratory equipment and consumable inventory is procured/maintained to meet demands and requirements.
- Laboratory Quality Management
- Implement and maintain laboratory procedures, equipment and test methods to conform to customer and accreditation body requirements.
- Ensure that laboratory data is generated and reported in an accurate manner and satisfies the order requirements as communicated to the laboratory.
- Provide input to the programmers and Toronto JADC representative on programming/reporting requirements for STAR databases.
- Maintain the calibration program for the Toronto plant.
- Attend NADCAP meetings where possible. When requested, represent TIMET on working groups and in correspondence with this accreditation body.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Knowledge, implementation and communication of Customer Quality requirements within the Laboratory areas.
- Knowledge of company rules and C&T union contract requirements.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, Multi-tasking ability, ability to manage high workloads.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy; Materials Engineering or other Engineering/Science discipline preferred. Three or more years' experience in a mechanical test laboratory environment preferred.
- Special Skills
- Proficiency in SAP, STAR, and all MS Office applications.
- Interpersonal and communication skills, strong organizational skills, proficient with multi-tasking priorities.
- Demonstrate Supervisory capability.
- Knowledge of Laboratory testing methods.
- Familiarity with customer and national standards with respect to test requirements and reporting of data.
- Proof of US citizenship, nationality, and/or permanent resident status in order to comply with all applicable export and import laws and regulations.
Laboratory Assistant I Or Laboratory Assistant II - Laboratory
City Albert Lea State Minnesota Telecommute No Department Laboratory Medicine & Pathology Position description Under general supervision, perform tasks to assistant laboratory technical staff and laboratory leadership. May perform multiple functions such as phlebotomy, clerical work, sample processing, and laboratory testing.
If performing phlebotomy, must greet patients. Must recognize when further clarification is needed from clinical staff (e.g. providers and nursing staff) regarding laboratory orders and obtain required information to process laboratory specimens in a timely manner. Recognizes the importance of proper patient identification and respects patient confidentiality at all times.
Conveys accurate laboratory test result information to providers and other clinical staff while ensuring that “read back” policies are adhered to at all times. Qualifications High School Diploma or equivalent Additional qualifications Experience working in a medical field, preferred. Phlebotomy experience, preferred.
Willingness to travel to other MCHS locations for assignments as needed. Moderate to advanced computer skills needed. Possess good written and oral communication skills, the ability to prioritize work, manage time wisely, and adjust to changes in work volumes and projects.
Excellent customer service skills. License or certification For Lab Assistant II- Applicant must possess and maintain a phlebotomy certification from an approved laboratory certification agency, a Medical Assistant certification, a MLT certification or an MT certification. Exemption status Non-exempt Compensation Detail Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
The minimum pay rate is $15.13 per hour for Lab Assistant I and $15.94 per hour for Lab Assistant II. Benefits eligible Yes Schedule Full Time Hours / Pay period 80 Schedule details Variable shifts Weekend schedule Every 3rd weekend Site description Albert Lea is a community of 18,000 in scenic Southern MN, surrounded by several lakes and located just 90 minutes south of Minneapolis and 60 miles from Mayo Clinic in Rochester. Excellent family amenities include a community focus on education (new high school, superb test scores), 38 city parks, 6 nearby golf courses, cultural events, festivals, performing arts, 250 miles of groomed snowmobile trails, Blazing Star Recreational Trail, and Audubon Nature and Wildlife Preserve.
Austin is a community of 23,000 surrounded by prairies, rivers and valleys just 90 minutes south of Minneapolis/St. Paul and 40 minutes west of Mayo Clinic in Rochester. Excellent public and parochial education system, including programming for students with special needs and gifted students.
Great recreation options including trout fishing, hunting, cross-country skiing, camping, hiking, cycling, indoor/outdoor tennis, canoeing and golfing. Category Clinical Labs and Research Job posting number 91210BR Recruiter Rhonda Wilson Equal opportunity employer Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
This position is involved in the selection, manufacturing and preparation of blood products for transfusion and all clerical and system support functions of the Transfusion Service supporting the non-immunohematology testing function of the Transfusion Service.
Position Responsibilities (Expected Work):
This position is not static and will be revised as the needs of the organization’s business evolve.
- Process patient samples and requests for services and HLA matched and all other blood products consistent with SOP and cGMP requirements.
- Receive, transfer, and ship blood products and samples consistent with SOP and cGMP requirements.
- Assign, select and issue blood products for transfusion consistent with SOP and cGMP requirements.
- Manufacture and prepare blood products for transfusion consistent with SOP and cGMP requirements including required QC tasks.
- Accurately and professionally communicate information to internal and external customers, always adhering to patient confidentiality requirements and with HIPAA.
- Successfully complete all required ongoing training within defined time frames.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Error free work consistent with SOPs.
- Efficient completion of work tasks – on time without customer complaints.
- Compliance with operational goals.
- Interpersonal team skills.
Education and Training:
- High school diploma required
- Post high school training in a medical support program strongly preferred
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Biological Science or health related major preferred
- 2-3 years previous work experience required
- Work experience required in health related position or health support role
- Ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.
- Strong time management organizational and multi-tasking skills required.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to complete tasks to precise regulatory standards.
- Must be able to prioritize work demands and anticipate patient needs.
- Ability to equate a medical diagnosis to transfusion needs.
- Language skills must include the ability to read, write, speak English effectively and follow oral and written instructions consistent with policies and procedure, SOPs or other requirements.
- Strong oral communication required.
- Strong communication skills required to interact in a professional manner with external customers.
- Interactive style that fosters and supports teamwork.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Valid driver’s license with flexibility to travel to all ITxM sites within a given service region.
- The employee will be required to spend the majority of the day standing or walking.
- The employee may be required to lift up to 25 pounds. The employee must have the ability to respond to audible alarms and incoming phone calls, and be abler to understand and speak English to provide information and direction.
- High stress; accuracy and speed frequently impact patient outcomes. Errors can be fatal.
- The employee will spend the majority of the day in a clinical laboratory with biohazard exposure and moderate noise levels.
While blood collection is a fundamental part of our organization our purpose, providing safe blood products to hospitals and, ultimately, patients in need is our primary goal. In fact, we distribute more than one million blood components each year to people not only in the communities we call home, but also across the country and even the world.
The hallmarks of our services are rapid turnaround coupled with expert diagnostic, consultative, and educational support for patients and physicians. By working closely with our health care provider partners to establish standards for transfusion decisions, we ensure that all patients receive the proper type and dosage of transfusion products.
Employees of The Institute for Transfusion Medicine work together to save lives. Each of our talented team members plays an important role in our mission to secure a safe and sufficient blood supply and deliver excellence in transfusion medicine. We offer quality-driven and technology-abled professionals career growth opportunities in both Pittsburgh and Chicago. Brighten your career
Environmental Laboratory Assistant
If you are possess the minimum requirements for the position, we invite you to apply to be part of our team. Our company has several locations throughout South Florida and Georgia and we are looking to fill a position in our Okeechobee laboratory location.
The environmental laboratory assistant will be responsible for conducting laboratory analysis of drinking water, using approved EPA methods. This person must be able to operate analytical equipment in an effective and proficient manner while maintaining laboratory equipment as needed, tracking laboratory chemicals or supplies, and other clerical duties needed for the business operation of the laboratory. This person must be able to interact effectively with current and potential customers, employees at other locations, and health department auditors.
This person must have a good driving record and be should be flexible enough to work in the field collecting samples from customers if needed. Training will be provided
- Document activities and report results in a concise and accurate manner.
- Maintain, clean and organize laboratory instruments, glassware and chemical supplies.
- Review and accept samples from customers.
- Provide clerical assistance when needed (answering phone calls, filing, printing, emailing).
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Intermediate computer skills; knowledge of Elements software is a plus.
- Multi-tasked, organized, and detail oriented.
- Due to nature of position, proficient English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with staff, and management in a professional manner.
- College credits in chemistry, biology, or physics are required, and/or degree in science, biology or chemistry is a plus.
- Good driving record.
- Able to sit, and /or stand for 100% of an 8 hour day.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs. when needed.
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate computer and other equipment.
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lead Clinical Laboratory Assistant
Job Summary Coordinates activities of laboratory department and operates laboratory equipment for diagnostic purposes as directed by referring physicians by performing the following duties.
Directly supervises the employees in the Clinical Laboratory. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include participating in interviewing, hiring, and training process of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow the laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses reporting, and maintaining records of patient and quality control results.
- Successfully participate in a proficiency testing program, and maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control procedures.
- Follow the laboratory's policies whenever test systems are not within the established acceptable levels of performance.
- Be capable ofidentifying the problems that may adversely affect test performance or report of test results and either correct the problem or notify the appropriate supervisor.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratories established performance specifications.
- Be familiar with local consultants, reference laboratories, and insurance reimbursement procedures associated with each.
- Plan work schedules based on test requirements, patient load, and personnel activity. Evaluate and maintain equipment, troubleshoot problems, and arrange for service if required.
- Maintain the laboratory to all CLIA and OSHA standards of performance, safety and cleanliness.
- Operate data management system of all testing and results.
- Continue formal and independent training as assigned by supervisor.
- Be prepared to train others how to do your job.
- Use cost/benefit analyses to justify proposals.
- Make more proposals and recommendations for work improvements.
- Offer new ideas without fearing rejection or failure.
- Suggest improvement ideas at every opportunity without being asked for them.
- Provide subjective performance reviews of laboratory staff to include the elements listed under subtitle of Clerical 2012. These reviews need to be fair and complete and must include results of current goals and future goals to be established.
- Enter proficiency testing into the LIS when it arrives. Determine which staff member is to perform each part of the proficiency testing and either enter the results or instructing others to enter the results when completed.
- Maintain and follow strict budget constraints and to look for opportunities to decrease costs at any level. Encourage the laboratory staff to be proactive in cost savings.
- Create a schedule for each laboratory employee to complete some form of continuing education that will keep them current for compliance.
- Maintains inventory reports and logs.
We believe that each employee contributes directly to Capital Medical Group's growth and success and we hope you will take pride in being a member of our team.
Clinical Laboratory Assistant - Per Diem
We are seeking a Per Diem Clinical Laboratory Assistant to join our team!
Under the supervision of the Administrative Director and CLS Staff. Cleans laboratory equipment as necessary, assists in clerical and scientific duties of the department, and is primarily responsible for phlebotomy procedures including blood cultures and blood samples.
Must have basic knowledge of biomedical science for the performance of pre-testing preparations in all laboratory areas. Must be able to type and operate basic office equipment and be familiar with computer operation. A familiarity with the principles of basic laboratory equipment used in pre-testing is preferred. Must maintain a high degree of accuracy. CA Phlebotomy certificate or proof of submission of all requirements to CDHS is mandatory. BCLS required within 90 days. Six months experience in acute care facility preferred.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Utilizes appropriate technique followed at College Hospital Costa Mesa Laboratory for performing phlebotomies and capillary punctures.
- Effectively processes samples for distribution within the laboratory and for transfer to reference laboratories.
- Maintains sample integrity and identification through all steps of the aliquoting process and maintains accurate records of the transfer.
- Orders and unpacks routine supplies, rotates stock and stocks shelves as well as inventories all laboratory supplies in a timely manner.
- Follows procedures for cleaning and disinfecting laboratory counters, refrigerators, freezers, centrifuges, incubators and other equipment and keeps laboratory temperature charts up to date.
- Acts as laboratory receptionist. Answers telephones and takes messages in a courteous manner.
- Utilizes sterile techniques to prevent cross-contamination including hand washing and use of gloves as well as other safety equipment.
- Disposes of used needles immediately after use and in compliance with safety and OSHA policies.
- Labels the test tubes immediately after a venipuncture procedure is completed with appropriate label which includes patient name, date, time, phlebotomist initials and patient ID number. If no label printed, writes the same information on sample tube.
- Enters patient information in LIS, prints labels, looks up results and performs various other tasks on the laboratory computer system.
- Makes sure all patients have ID arm bands before venipuncture. Otherwise, notifies R.N. or Unit Secretary. Makes positive identification of all patients before any procedure using two identifier rule.
- Keeps phlebotomy area clean and stocked as well as drawing trays. Makes sure “send out area” is stocked with appropriate tubes and forms.
- Performs other duties as assigned
We provide a continuum of superior psychiatric health care services in a cost-effective manner to meet the needs of our patients, community, professional staff and payors.
We have been doing so since 1987.
Our medical and surgical specialty services complement the tertiary care services of the large medical centers in Orange County.
This is a contract position that will go most like until December 2018, it also could have the ability to go permanent.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME:
- First Shift Hours
- No Weekends!
- Opportunity to gain lab experience
The Lab Assistant is responsible for testing and record-keeping for all food products. The position reports to and works closely with the Lab Manager to sample and test the products to ensure the highest level of quality. The person appointed will be expected to maintain and improve the lab procedures by executing a predetermined plan. Excellent communication and active listening skills are needed in order to be able to coordinate strategy with the management team.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!