Laboratory Chief Job Description Sample
Chief Financial & Operating Officer (Cfoo)
- Act as a partner and advisor to the President, leveraging knowledge of manufacturing operations, finance, and ERP best practices to enable the business to continue to grow revenue.
- Oversee the accurate and timely preparation and communication of financial statements for senior management and the Board of Directors.
- With the support of a Controller, prepare accurate financial forecasting and budgeting with sales staff and senior management.
- Institute, coordinate, refine and enforce standard financial operating procedures and VISUAL Manufacturing ERP operating procedures to drive operating efficiency and accountability throughout the organization.
- Develop and make improvements in project cost accounting, inventory management, profitability tracking and other key operationally focused financial objectives.
- Collaborate as a member of senior management to pursue growth and operational excellence by establishing clear performance goals and implementing and tracking key metrics and financial incentives. Track and report objectives on a monthly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of consulting, finance, operations or other rigorous work experience. MBA or CPA a plus.
- Experience working in a private equity owned business. Ability to engage with a Board of Directors.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and finance, ERP systems, and administrative and human resources issues.
- Strong track record of delivering tangible results in a $30m+ batch production manufacturing business, ideally one that deals with metal.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
- Proactive, confident, influential personality required. Introspective and self aware but action-oriented and decisive.
- Strong communication, analytical, critical thinking and financial skills with the ability to understand and describe complex situations.
- Ability to work well with, manage and lead many different types of people at varied skill levels (production/management/leadership).
- Strong time-management skills and work ethic with the ability to multi-task.
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Excel.
You can learn more about us at www.storflex.com.
JLM is currently looking for a Chief Estimator for a direct hire position with a major construction company headquartered in Costa Mesa, CA.
Essential Job Duties and
- Organizes strategic plan for pursuit of identified projects
- Reviews and assesses market data with VP Estimating and business development team to accurately prepare bids for proposals.
- Must have the ability and experience to prepare project schedule from scratch.
- Works closely with management and legal teams to review local and federal regulations to ensure all are covered for proposals.
- Pursues, builds and maintains strong relationships in the industry to enable effective communication/ties to the local market.
- Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Engineering and Design of complex construction projects
- Determine labor and equipment costs.
- Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
- Review and understand all bid documents and assess project risks.
- Understand project logistics and project schedule.
- Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Review quotes and estimates with the Project Management Team.
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, Schematic, DD, CD, etc.)
- Perform certain post-bid buyouts.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in, Engineering or Construction Management is preferred
- At least (15) years of experience in project management / Estimating
- Capacity to organize and manage large teams.
- Extensive knowledge in the area of cost for labor, materials, etc. to accurately prepare bids.
- Ability to review and address technical issues with solutions in a timely manner.
- Travel is required as needed
- Knowledge and experience with HCSS HeavyBid, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Communication – excellent oral presentation and written skills
- Goal oriented – able to set goals and achieve them
- Interpersonal – able to work well and persuade people at all organization levels
- Organizational ability
JLM Strategic Talent Partners is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Crew Chief – Subsurface Utility Locating
The Crew Chief is an integral member of the project team responsible for delivering sub-surface utility engineering projects of varying size and complexity. The Crew Chief is responsible for performing and overseeing assigned project activities, in close collaboration with and under the supervision of field managers, project managers, and the Director.
Essential Duties and
Oversee the quality and completeness of all assigned projects.
Assure the safety and use of proper Traffic Control and PPE assigned crew members.
Coordinate information needed for field work with the Project Coordinator and with clients, as needed.
Report supplies, equipment and the repair and maintenance of all equipment to the Field Manager.
Assist in Quality Assurance of all fieldwork.
Assist with training other field personnel.
Assist the Field Manager and Project Managers with any other task as needed to ensure the quality and timeliness of the project deliverables, the efficiency of the field operations, and the ultimate success of the company.
Responsible for daily supervision of crew members.
No direct budget responsibility.
Must be able to frequently lift/carry 1-10 lbs.
Must be able to occasionally lift/carry 11-50 lbs.
Must be able to frequently push/pull 1-50 lbs.
Field work being performed will also involve walking, balancing, bending, kneeling, crouching, and reaching.
Expected to work primarily in the field on various jobs sites, which will include constructions sites and active roadways.
Required Education and Experience:
Experience with sub-surface utility locating.
Required Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Solid understanding of Microsoft Office 365.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
subsurface utility, locating, crew chief, supervisor
Estimator / Chief Estimator – Glass Industry
Company is in search of experienced Sales Estimators to prepare bid proposals for private and public projects.
The job will require all stages of bidding on projects, including but not limited to: determining Union requirements; determining bid schedules; reviewing job specifications; visiting job sites; attending pre-construction meetings; reviewing contracts; maintaining bid process schedule and communicating bid status; choosing best options for systems/materials; soliciting and reviewing vendor and subcontractor quotes; performing labor reviews; maintaining bid spreadsheet.
•A minimum of five (5) years of glazing industry experience with various sized projects
•High School Diploma and some college (certification or Associates degree), in Construction or Architectural Technology course work
•Knowledge of materials, machines, tools and equipment used in the industry
•Ability to read blueprints as well as architectural and structural drawings
•Ability to do accurate take-offs; familiarity with on-screen take-offs
•Familiarity with GDS Storefront software
•Working knowledge of Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Project
•Understanding of manufacturers’ installation instructions
•Excellent customer service skills
•Strong conflict-resolution skills
•Listening and problem- solving skills are critical
•Excellent communication and negotiation skills
•High level of attention to detail and self-motivation
glazing, glass, estimator
Chief Operating Officer (Boutique Silicon Valley Consulting Firm)
Location: Ideally based in San Fran or LA but open to other cities
Permanent Role - Full Time
For more information contact Brandon Kievit
Our Client is a consulting firm specializing in helping companies innovate with emerging technologies. With over 200 years of combined Silicon Valley CTO experience, we are uniquely positioned to provide unmatched business value and intelligence to our clients in areas such as machine learning, microservices, high-performance computing, blockchain and robotics process automation. Featured in Inc Magazine as the #1 technology consulting firm to modernize companies for 2018, Our Client continues to bring some of the fasting growing startups, Fortune 500 brands, and governments around the world to the forefront of innovation. Our Client has also spawned a number of subsidiaries including Augment (AugmentHQ.com), a pioneer in conversational AI technology, as well as AppChart, the standalone platform for analyzing the exploding Facebook gaming market.
Over the past five years Our Client has grown from a few CTOs and engineers to a group that outcompetes the “Big 5” consulting firms to win large scale consulting and development projects with Fortune 500 clients.
With demonstrated product/market fit to our unique service offerings we now need to ramp up across a broad range of business operations including marketing, sales, recruiting and other key functions to support our world class team and to meet market demand. As a member of the executive team, you will work alongside the company’s Partners and Practice Managers to assist in the following:
- Work as Managing Partner’s counterpart for day to day operations overseeing each functional role of the organization.
- Act as a player-coach by providing executive level coverage on current gaps in the organization while helping to build leadership across each department
- Define executive roles for each function of the organization and lead recruiting efforts for key roles
- Oversee sales operations and implement best practices for sales hygiene
- Prioritize and manage marketing efforts
- Manage company P&L
- Led consulting engagements for Fortune 1000 as well as early-stage companies
- Operational experience setting up sales processes for immediate and future growth needs
- A blend of sales, marketing, HR, legal and finance skills
- Experience using OKRs to align business functions both top down and bottom up
- Proven ability to hire, retain and lead top talent in a hyper-competitive market
- Experience trying and applying different monetization models, and choosing the best ones to achieve long term goals
Regional Chief Financial Officer Needed In Michigan (10470)
Mission Search has been engaged by our client to find a Regional CFO for 4 regional hospitals in the UP region of Michigan, these hospitals are part of a larger system based in WI. Will report to the Regional CEO and will be responsible for all policies for finance, accounting, budgeting, reimbursement, cost management, internal controls, cost accounting, Medicare/Medicaid cost reporting, tax return preparation, and 340B cost accounting. Need to be a strong collaborative leader working with the regional finance groups along with the corporate finance team.
Regional Chief Financial Officer Needed in Michigan
- Bachelors degree in Business, Finance or Accounting with a Masters degree in Business Administration or Health Administration and/or CPA preferred.
- 10 years in relevant healthcare financial management required.
- 2 years experience in a rural setting preferred.
- Experience with critical access hospitals desired.
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- Experienced in business plans, budget, and audit.
- Have a self-motivated and confident approach.
- Professionally mature and energetic individual.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills and team working abilities.
- Must be flexible, reliable and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative.
This Hospital offers an exceptional compensation, benefits and relocation package. If you are interested in this great opportunity, please contact us for more information.
Chief Financial Officer
Location: King City, CA
Pay Range: $182,000 -$235,000
Employment type: Executive, full-time, permanent
Reports To: CEO
Directs, supervises and coordinates functions and activities assigned to areas of responsibility. Consults with and advises the Hospital Chief Executive Officer on problems related to the financial operation of the Hospital: recommends changes in policy, facility operations of the Hospital and programs to achieve the Hospital’s objectives. Provides leadership, direction and administration of Hospital financial systems.
- Develops and implements solutions to areas of need as identified by the Hospital Chief Executive Officer relative to the operation of the total hospital or assigned operational areas.
- Work projects are completed in accordance with established time frames.
- Demonstrates the ability to research all aspects of projects; presents results in an organized, concise report of findings.
- Effectively adjusts daily schedule as required to perform urgent assignments or special projects.
- Assists in Administration and coordination of hospital activities.
- Executes job duties to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
- Performs duties independently with minimal supervision required.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in consulting and advising the Hospital Chief Executive Officer.
- Recommends changes in administrative policies and procedures, which consistently result in more effective Hospital operations.
- Regularly reviews areas of operational assignment against TJC standards and policies established by the Board of Trustees.
- Recommends strategies or changes, which meet Hospital objectives, accreditation and/or licensing requirements.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge and understanding of Hospital operations; consistently demonstrates knowledge of the “why” as well as the “how” of Hospital operations.
- Follows through on matters requiring attention.
- Combines ethical judgment with technical skills within the policy and legal guidelines of the Hospital; understands the legal, social, economic and political forces which influence the health care system.
- Directs the Hospital’s long and short term financial planning process.
- Develops and implements financial policies and programs, which will assist in the achievement of financial objectives.
- Produces timely financial statements for appropriate management staff, which, accurately identify performance and potentially suggest corrective action.
- Develops, manages and implements the capital and operational budgeting processes.
- Maintains working expertise in the knowledge of changing accounting standards such as FASB and AICPA rulings and government regulations.
- Establishes key financial goals, operational performance ratios, and other measures against which the Hospital’s financial performance can be monitored and measured. Coordinate the activities of the Hospital’s cost analysis efforts.
- Assists CIO in the development of the reimbursement process.
- Coordinates the activities of external auditors to assure timely and efficient completion of audits.
- Functions as a member of the Administrative Team and presents/interprets monthly financial statements.
- Responds to anticipated economic trends or regulatory changes by recommending strategies which facilitate the achievement of financial objectives.
- Provides required information for evaluation through the planning process.
- Applies appropriate financial principles and accepted accounting standards in preparation and maintenance of the financial planning process.
- Provides a broad base of services to support the financial integrity of the Hospital.
- Scrutinizes areas of under-utilized capacity and overhead; identifies methods of increasing utilization or reducing overhead as appropriate.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations with constituents; cooperates harmoniously with others in the planning and accomplishment of the Hospital’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Provides guidance and understanding to staff, management, Physicians, Board of Trustees and the public regarding the Hospital’s financial process and accountability.
- Provides appropriate response and actions to anticipated or recognized misunderstanding or misinterpretation of financial data.
- Directs and participates in the development and execution of appropriate strategies and action plans to implement effective integration of Hospital fiscal services with other hospital departments, entities and public.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively resolve inter-and intra-department problems related to the financial process.
- Answers inquiries in a comprehensive, accurate and professional manner
- Coordinates the efforts of assigned organizational areas to achieve teamwork objectives with other work areas, staff and the medical community.
- Assumes personal responsibility for professional development and ongoing education.
- Actively works at developing excellent verbal and written skills necessary for effective communication.
- Actively maintains professional affiliations to enhance professional growth and development and to remain current with the latest trends in Hospital administration.
- Seeks opportunities to refine expertise in management, legal aspects of health care and other relevant areas, as necessary, to function effectively in assigned areas.
- Attends relevant seminars and completes continuing education courses as appropriate; discusses personal educational objectives with the Hospital Chief Executive Officer on a regular basis.
- Is eligible for active membership in professional associations.
- Remains current with national and local issues affecting hospital and their potential impact on assigned areas.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to changing circumstances in a manner so as to maximize the opportunity and minimize the problem.
- Acts decisively and takes effective action appropriate to the circumstances, as required.
- Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation of the pressures, stress and frustrations experience by hospital managers during the course of their work routines; delegates sufficient authority to enable department managers to oversee their responsibilities within assigned areas; promotes a sense of value and feeling of appreciation.
- Strives to provide motivation and challenges, which encourage consistent growth and development of staff members; recognizes and rewards exceptional performance; creates and implements performance incentives.
- Encourages department managers to recognize and utilize every opportunity to improve productivity efforts within their assigned responsibility areas; fosters a total managerial commitment to the improvement of productivity at every possible level.
- Consults with department managers on a regular basis to keep lines of communication open, to maintain positive staff morale and maintain a productive atmosphere.
- Identifies potential leaders and assists in developing a Hospital succession plan.
- Supervises assigned department managers in a firm, fair and objective manner; provides direction as necessary; leads by professional example.
- Provides direction in serious disciplinary situations; acts as a resource to department managers in reviewing disciplinary processes.
- Demonstrates a proactive attitude and seeks to provide support and resources in major decision making.
- Develops and maintains teamwork among assigned departments by fostering understanding and support between department managers.
- Demonstrates the necessity for assigned departments to accept and practice the policies and procedures of the Hospital
- Encourages department managers to solicit staff participation and input into the Hospital/department communication and decision-making process.
- Demonstrates the ability to capitalize on individual department manager’s unique strengths.
- Exhibits responsiveness to others in the organization at all levels (e.g., returning telephone calls, meeting punctuality, maintaining availability to meet, etc.).
- Ensures that assigned managerial and supervisory personnel are provided the resources to take advantage of educational opportunities in relevant responsibility areas.
- Keeps assigned department managers informed of hospital activities, needs, problems and administrative matters.
- Develops standards of performance, determines areas of responsibility and accountability and delegates authority, utilizing appropriate judgment and discretion
- Provides direction and policy interpretation to department managers in managing their responsibility areas; offers advice in handling special operational matters and administrative concerns.
- Evaluates the performance of assigned department managers to facilitate their professional development and maximize their contribution towards established hospital goals.
- Contributes to and participates in various inter-disciplinary committees, as assigned.
- Degree in Business Administration with accounting emphasis- required
- CPA highly desirable
- Work experience in a California acute care hospital or other health care institution, public accounting firm or related environment as a controller or similar function.
- Experience with Critical Access
- Experience with Medicare Cost Reporting
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge and experience in managing general accounting, patient accounting, budgeting, reimbursement, management information systems, materials management, utilization review and medical records system.
- Familiarity with financial and patient care information systems, within a highly computerized organization.
Chief Executive Officer - Property Development
- Works for charting the blueprints of policies and implements them for improvements of the firm.
- Responsible for implementing company policies for the employees of the company as well as for everyday working of the organization.
- Head of firm scrutinizing, assessing, and monitoring various departments.
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategic objectives in relation to acquisition, procurement & project departments
- Work towards creating culture where employees are motivated to improvise constantly where she/he ensures the work culture and working environment in the organization are conducive to optimum employee productivity.
- Develop corporate framework to ensure maintenance of probity, good governance and enforcement and review of policies within Company policy and process.
- Constantly looks for and seizes opportunities favourable to the expansion of the Company’s or any appropriate measures to increase market share and/or retain market position in the Country.
- At least Degree in any field.
- At least 15 years in a multidisciplinary leadership post responsible for the delivery of tangible goods or services.
- Preferably experienced CEO/ COO specializing in Property/ Real Estate, Finance or equivalent.
- Extensive records of good business acumen, strategic and analytical thinker with good leadership skills in grooming, mentoring and creating a successor.
Medical Laboratory Scientist | Mls/Acsp, Mt/Ascp
Me is also part of one of the leading healthcare organizations in Illinois, a community-based, not-for-profit corporation dedicated to patient care, education and research. Their highly skilled team has a passion for excellence and is dedicated to providing a great patient experience for every patient, every time.
Looking for a great opportunity? We seek candidates for the role of Medical Laboratory Scientist. In this role you will collect, prepare, and handle specimens for analysis from patients of all ages. You will perform scientific work in the laboratory for a wide variety of laboratory procedure using both manual and automated methods.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or related Allied Health field. Registered MLS (ASCP)/MT (ASCP)/BS MT ASCP I/MT(NCA) required.
Competitive compensation and excellent benefits. This is a terrific opportunity to join a healthcare system that is making a real investment in employee development. For more information call 941.739.1400 or submit your resume now by clicking on the button below that says “Apply Now.”
Medical Laboratory Scientist | Mls/Acsp, Mt/Ascp
Ready for a change of scenery? We seek candidates with MLS certification and blood bank experience for the role of Medical Laboratory Scientist. In this role you will be responsible for a high level of technical knowledge and application of that knowledge to department testing, clinical relevance, and complex problem solving skills. You will serve as a department resource, and be responsible for assisting with department compliance with all pertinent laboratory accrediting agency and regulatory requirements (e.g., CLIA ’88, JCAHO, CAP, OSHA). You will utilize leadership skills to organize and perform patient testing and facilitate overall function of the lab. You will ensure quality results through the use and evaluation of control materials, proper instrument maintenance, and collection and analysis of appropriate samples. You will evaluate waived, moderately complex and highly complex test results and provides clinical expertise to patient care staff in interpretation of results and/or complex lab problems. You will recognize abnormal results or unusual circumstances and takes appropriate actions. Utilizes available resources to maintain and fix instruments and assist other laboratory personnel in resolving issues.
Candidates must have a Bachelors degree in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science and have completed successful examination and registration as a Med Lab Scientist with ASCP (American Society of Clinical Pathologists) or equivalent. Must have two (2) or more years of experience that includes blood bank/transfusion service experience. Must have microbiology, chemistry, and hematology experience.
Excellent compensation and full benefits. Relocation assistance provided. This is a great opportunity to work with a highly regarded healthcare provider that has a long and rich tradition of caring for Interior Alaska patients. For more information call 941.739.1400 or submit your resume now by clicking on the button below that says "Apply Now."
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!