Laboratory Manager Job Description Sample
Laboratory Manager - CLS
Seeking an experienced Lab Manager. The company requires good employment history and 1-2 years of recent experience working as a Lab Manager in a healthcare setting. Excellent compensation.
This job is a full time permanent position. Must be a US citizen, permanent resident or green card holder. No sponsorship will be provided.
The laboratory manager will oversee and organize the everyday activities of the personnel and work load throughout the lab. He/she will be able maintain client relations and help build a competitive advantage with value added services. He/she will also be knowledgeable in the regulatory requirements and compliance to both our clients projects and the laboratory as the chief technical resource. He/she will be able to provide analytical back up to all areas of the laboratory, review SOP's and produce defensible analytical data, maintain laboratory instruments and Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), organize and adhere to regulatory requirements for all chemical/lab waste disposal.
He/she will have a BS or greater in Chemistry, strong attention to detail and the ability to work well in a self managed position while directing and organizing others.
Compensation will be negotiable.
Clients projects include Investigative Studies, Purity Analysis, Routine Analytical Monitoring of processes and Environmental Compliance Monitoring.
WHAT WE OFFER: Medical Insurance - 100% employee paid by employer!!! Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance 401K with company match, Profit Sharing, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off & Paid Birthday!
A multi-physician office is currently recruiting a Lab Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of the lab staff and equipment. This is a Monday through Friday position with no holidays. The hours will vary depending on staff and doctor's schedule.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Maintain lab staff of Phlebotomist and Medical Assistants by recruiting, training, performance evaluations, counseling, handles disciplinary actions, and firings.
- Responsible for coordinating the daily schedules/activities for the lab staff
- Ensures the staff comply with all office, health, and safety policies along with federal, state, and local regulations. (CLIA, OSHA, IOSHA, HIPAA, etc.)
- Responsible for keeping a well-maintained laboratory by assisting and supervising the maintenance of the lab equipment. This will involve cleaning, calibration, testing, and any repairs or contacting vendors to provide maintenance service.
- Responsible for ordering lab supplies, review invoices, and having contact with vendors.
- Responsible for engaging staff and creating a teamwork environment.
- Traveling to satellite offices to support staff and maintenance on equipment.
- OSHA Compliance Officer for the entire office staff
- Requires a degree in Medical Technology (MT or MLT)
- Prefer professional certification (AMT, ASCP, or other)
- Requires previous management experience
- Previous experience with Cell-Dyn and Dimension Chemistry analyzer preferred
- Phlebotomy skills preferred
- Flexible in hours
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a 24 hour Analytical Laboratory, Supporting a 24 hour production facility.
- Supervise Technicians performing daily analytical tasks including XRF Spectroscopy, OES Spectroscopy, AA Spectroscopy, and Mechanical testing
- Teach/Coach Technicians and Production personnel; fill-in as required
- Develop test methods and procedures
- Learn Copper-based Metallurgy, to backup Plant Metallurgist.
- Interface with all departments, as necessary
- Interface with customer, as directed
- Be responsible for all analytical outputs of the laboratory.
- Materials Science or Metallurgy degree preferred. A degree in a technical or engineering field will be considered.
- Hands-on Mechanical aptitude
- Self -Motivated
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Problem solving skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
Provide general oversight and support for the lab and assistants
Oversee adherence to test methods and laboratory procedures
Perform inventory management of all bulk and reagent chemicals
Direct the proper preparation, storage, and use of all controlled materials
Evaluates supplies and materials needed for testing and directs purchasing department on correct ordering
Keep accurate records related to testing activities and prepare summary reports of data in a timely manner
Troubleshoot instruments, equipment, and production processes
Perform routine analytical and physical process control testing including evaluation of external test reports
Leads continuous improvement initiatives in the laboratory department including internal auditing
Participates in audits pertaining to NADCAP, AS9100, & Individual Customer Surveillance Audits
Identifies or recommends new or upgrading of equipment and/or methods to improve productivity and capacity
Monitors, measures and implements corrective action to improve results within the department
Participate in new process implementation within the company including customer specification reviews
Interact with outside vendors, laboratories, and customer’s to communicate requirements and resolve issues
Motivates, coaches, and develops employees within the department
Other duties as assigned by management
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Laboratory functions within a manufacturing setting
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Prefer at least 5 years of related work experience
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Integrity, Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Communication Skills, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Problem Solving Skills, Analytical Skills
- Do you enjoy solving problems?
- Can you build a high-performance team?
- Can you manage multiple projects?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
- Are you results oriented?
- Can you rise to the challenge?
- Experience with NADCAP and A2LA accreditation.
- Maintain laboratory quality systems and procedures.
- Manage by objectives.
- Communicate and share expectations
- Degree in related science required.
The Lab Materials testing is a full-service testing lab that specializes in mechanical, NDT, metallurgical and chemical testing of metal components and fasteners. www.thelabmt.com
Geology - Assistant Laboratory Manager
Assistant to supervisor of all lab operations and personnel; communication of lab results to the lab manager, PE and clientele; assist in providing oversight of operations and procedures to maintain QA/QC. Also, responsible for performing various lab procedures; particularly specialized testing. Assistant Lab Manager is responsible for maintaining calibration and appropriate lab certifications and inspections with Lab Manager.
Candidate must possess 1 year of construction materials laboratory experience. An in-depth knowledge of proctors, CBR’s, Atterberg limits, and soil classifications as designated by ASTM, AASHTO, and VTM is preferred. Experience in a engineering, geology or construction management will be considered in lieu of laboratory experience.
Compensation will be commensurate with relevant experience to this position.
Associates Degree or equivalent practical experience. Proficient in Microsoft Office, including excel, Adobe Acrobat. gINT software a plus.
Looking for a candidate, interested in managing a Lab Department that is part of a prestigious hospital.
Candidate must be a CLS, have 2-5 years experience supervising staff, good people skills, and looking to be part of a great team.
This hospital has approximately 400 beds, very well respected in the community, and provides excellent patient care.
MUST BE A CLINICAL LAB SCIENTIST, WITH HOSPITAL EXPERIENCE
Please Apply if you meet the criteria previously stated!
Our philosophy is, "We're not selling jobs, we're providing a service."
You will never feel pressured to accept a position through our company; if it is not the right job for you, we will continue looking until the one YOU want is presented.
The three key benefits of working with our company are as follows:
1) We get your foot in the door
~We have established strong working relationships with senior administration and VPs of HR at all the major healthcare organizations from San Luis Obispo to San Diego.
2) Facilitating the interview process
~We work diligently to set up all interviews and handle everything associated with the interview process, giving our clients the ability to still focus on work and their personal lives.
3) Negotiating Salary
~We professionally negotiate salaries to meet our candidates' criteria.
The team at Spectrum Recruiting look forward to the opportunity to represent you and build a long and lasting beneficial relationship where both parties can prosper.
Under the Guidance and in consultation with the Director of Diagnostic Services, The Laboratory Manager is responsible for the operational Performance of the Laboratory department evidenced by an efficient, safe and professional work environment. Responsibilities include the coordination of all legislated and regulatory requirements in conjunction with Joint Commission, State, and Federal laws and ensure the laboratory is in compliance for accreditation inspections. As directed by the Director of Diagnostic Services, will participate in hospital interdepartmental and medical departmental meetings.
Must coordinates with the Laboratory staff to provide for efficient and timely delivery of laboratory results. Is actively involved with Laboratory staff in procurement of new equipment and development of new testing procedures. In conjunction with the Laboratory Assistant Manager, provides ongoing oversight of all laboratory personnel. Maintains the highest degree of confidentiality in all areas involving patients and their related hospital business. Conducts hospital business in an ethical and lawful manner, and is willing to report any knowledge of real or potential fraud or abuse according to the NIH Compliance Code of Conduct. Abides by the NIH Personnel, Payroll Policies and Procedures. Abides by Departmental Policies and Procedures, and standards of performance and conduct.
- California State Laboratory Scientist License
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
· Three years of experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist in an acute care environment
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience managing / leading a full service medical laboratory in an acute care environment
· Successful leadership of state and federal surveys intended to measure compliance with state and CMS requirements
Join the Northern Inyo Healthcare Team to make a difference in a community with a friendly hometown atmosphere and adventure in your backyard. Bishop, California is located at the Northern end of Inyo County in the beautiful Owens Valley where Highway 395 meets U.S Route6 and is on the National Geographic's Top 100 List of Best Adventure Towns in the United States! So looking to live where adventure is? Join the Northern Inyo Healthcare District Team.
Northern Inyo Healthcare District is a full service critical access hospital including 24-hour emergency care services and Rural Health Clinic services. NIHD is Joint Commission Accredited and uses state of the art equipment and proven procedures to provide the best health care around. It is the Mission of NIHD to improve our communities; One life at a time, One Team, One Goal, Your Health! Be the ONE to join the adventure.
Clinical Laboratory Manager - CLS
CLINICAL LABORATORY MANAGER needed for a busy private physician's lab.
THIS IS NOT A RESEARCH POSITION!
Qualified applicants will:
Be able to run clinical and administrative aspects of a clinical chemistry/ hematology laboratory.
Have a current CLS license WITH MICROBIOLOGY CERTIFICATION OR a Microbiology specialist
Be able to run all aspects of a hospital type clinical chemistry and toxicology lab. Manage inventory, staffing, scheduling - as well as other administrative duties associated with day to day operations.
Be proficient in healthcare safety, OSHA, CLIA, and other regulatory and quality assurance procedures. Implement, evaluate and educate laboratory personnel on various laboratory issues mandated by Federal, State and COLA/CAP agencies
Procure and monitor, compare costs and save money on equipment, reagents and supplies.
Device proficiency for: Hematology, chemistry, coagulation, IA, special IA and toxicology.
THIS IS NOT A RESEARCH LAB AND WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR RESEARCH OR STUDENT POSITIONS. PLEASE READ THE AD CAREFULLY AND APPLY IF QUALIFIED.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!