Laboratory Technician Job Description Sample
Dental Laboratory Technician - Stain & Glaze Technician
Oral Arts is a full-service dental lab, Veteran owned since 1970, which manufactures dental prosthesis, such as crowns, bridges, implants, dentures, partials, and orthodontic appliances such as retainers, splints, night guards, sports guards, etc.
Dental Laboratory Technician - Stain & Glaze Technician
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Read and follow prescriptions
- Glaze and stain crowns, bridges according to prescriptions and instructions
- Sandblast or steam crowns clean
- Check for contact pits or other debris inside crowns
- Check the contacts and margins prior to glaze
- Accuracy in work performed
- Dependable and consistent performance
- Efficient and effective time management
- Contribute to a safe, clean and happy work environment
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must work well independently, as well as in a team environment
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of Stain & Glaze experience in the dental laboratory.
The position is for a Laboratory Technician in Wilmington, DE
Hours of work: 40+ Hours Per week
Lab work for plastics processing equipment with a focus on film sample preparation (including data collection), this includes film cutting, labelling, organizing and packaging of samples; meticulous record keeping.
Quality inspection of plastic film samples for adherence to ASTM guidelines
Performing general maintenance on film cutting equipment
Monitoring and calibrating the operation of equipment
Documenting/auditing of SOP’s and test methods for film equipment supporting plastics operation in Chestnut Run 709
Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision. The job has the expectation of actively completing laboratory work which involves sample preparation, and testing of plastics
Medical Technologist (Mt) Or Medical Laboratory Technician (Mlt)
We are seeking a Medical Technologist (MT) Or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) to join our team! This position is eligible for a $5,000 sign on bonus. You will be responsible for performing medical tests for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases.
- Collect and organize blood, tissue, and other bodily fluid samples from patients
- Prepare samples for routine testing and analysis
- Properly record results for further analysis and easy reference
- Monitor inventory samples and supplies
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Work under the supervision of a medical technologist
- Previous experience as a clinical technician or in other related fields
- Familiarity with common medical terminology
- Experience in a laboratory setting
- Strong organizational skills
- Phlebotomy experience preferred
- 12-hour night shifts, rotating weekends and holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life insurance
- We pay for half the cost of your gym membership
- Great people all around!
Atchison Hospital has been the leading healthcare provider in the Atchison community and surrounding area since 1912. In 2010 a new facility was built and was designed with patient care in mind. Our 85,000 square foot, single story building allows all departments and nurses stations to be in close proximity which increases efficiency in patient care. Why go anywhere else when you can get the best care right here.
Features of Atchison Hospital:
-Single-story facility design allowing for all departments to be in close proximity, increasing efficiency that is entirely patient focused.
-25 private family friendly patient rooms each with their own bathroom; designed for patient comfort and privacy.
-The Emergency Department has private rooms, and a separate entry as well as dedicated parking.
-A four-bed Intensive Care Unit (ICU) located in the center of the Inpatient Care area. Each ICU room has its own restroom.
-Three large surgical suites with comfortable pre-op and post-op areas that accommodate video and fiber-optic technology to perform minimally invasive surgery.
-A Gastrointestinal (GI) Lab and an Infusion Services room.
-Comfortable, hotel-like, family friendly OB rooms that accommodate all phases of having a baby. Nurse's stations located closer to patient's rooms and the technology that allows the nursing staff to observe the patient's bedside fetal monitor from the nurse's station.
-We do our best to keep up with technology so that our staff has the newest resources to provide the best care for our patients. We appreciate you taking the time to look at what our facility has to offer and we encourage you to come and take a look around for yourself. If you have any questions or would like to contact us, visit us at 800 Raven Hill Drive, Atchison, KS 66002.
Clinical Laboratory Technician
This position is responsible for laboratory and technical related aspects of eye/tissue donations (e.g., evaluation, case workup, donor eligibility determination, tissue packaging and shipping). Performs laboratory duties and assignments as required in compliance with Eversight and EBAA Medical Standards and with state and federal regulations.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Non-Exempt
Essential Job Functions
1. Perform clinical duties including proper case documentation, hospital chart reviews, consults with hospital and other organizations associated with the case, data entry, filing, packaging, and shipping tissue.
2. Perform technical procedures as trained. Make appropriate procurement determinations based on donor, medical and body inspection information.
3. Effectively communicate with internal and external departments regarding logistics, case statuses, and shipping arrangements.
4. Maintain laboratory including keeping a sterile environment and ordering supplies.
5. Complete accurate Midwire check-in, tissue labeling and serology ordering as needed.
6. Observe strict confidentiality of donor and recipient information at all times.
7. Weekend, holiday, night and on-call coverage on an as-needed basis. The position is primarily a Monday - Friday position with occasional Saturday rotation as needed.
8. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional organizations, etc.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in biological science, human sciences or a related field. Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all staff within and outside of the organization, is essential.Must display a sense of urgency. Must be able to effectively communicate and collaborate with peers while fostering a positive work environment. Demonstrated customer service, critical thinking skills and strong attention to detail. Medical terminology is helpful. Valid driver’s license required.
Special Employment Requirements
Eligibility for EBAA technician certification will be determined on an individual basis. Proficiency in technical procedures after appropriate training as needed.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Movements such as balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, twisting, and bending are sometimes required. Audio, visual and verbal functions are vital aspects of this position. Limited noise, room temperature fluctuation and dust are possible. Routine use of a computer. Use of personal vehicle is required on occasion when traveling within the service area.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Global 1000 companies in a wide range of industries trust Everest Group to advise them on all aspects of their high impact needs. As one of our professionals, you will help our clients evaluate and transform their businesses to adapt in a continually changing business environment.
You will be exposed to a broad range of client business challenges including technical, legal, financial, organization design, process reengineering, offshore outsourcing, business alliances, business/market strategies and other issues. Potential engagements may include optimizing internal functions, developing go-to-market strategies, developing strategic roadmaps for change management, service provider solutioning, and shared services advisory services.
Support the laboratory function of providing diagnostic information for use in patient care by ensuring proper collection & processing of laboratory specimens. Perform or assist w/ special procedures; mentor/orient students & new employees; ensure workflow meets service delivery needs.
Respond effectively to member, clinicians, nursing staff & other department needs. A coded replacement is an employee who works varying shifts & in varying departments & locations as defined by the job posting. A coded replacement must be available two shifts per day & five days per week to include every other weekend. A coded replacement employee replaces staff for time away from work.
Perform order entry, specimen collection & processing according to Work Instructions (WI), clarify clinician orders; obtain pertinent patient information; accurately identify patients; determine specimen requirements & collect patient sample using appropriate process of venipuncture or capillary collection based on patient age &/or condition
Assure completeness & accuracy of specimen labeling
Obtain & enter appropriate patient or specimen information into laboratory computer system
Prioritize workload according to urgency of request; coordinate activities of the Phlebotomy & Laboratory Service/Technical Assistant workgroups to meet operational service needs
Provide information & facilitate specimen or order problem investigation & resolution
Using appropriate resources make decisions as required for sample collection & patient processing
Facilitate communication between Phlebotomists & Laboratory Service/Technical Assistants in problem solving & member assistance, triaging to supervisor as needed
High school diploma or equivalent
Demonstrated customer-focused service skills
Demonstrated understanding of basic phlebotomy principles & techniques
Detail oriented, able to handle multiple tasks in a limited time frame
Able to produce high quantity/quality of work, problem solve, exercise good judgment
Able to bend, stoop, reach & lift minimum of 10 pounds
Demonstrated written & verbal communication skills w/ command of the English language
Demonstrated interpersonal skills, teamwork
Working knowledge of keyboard/data entry
Being a consultant means working closely with our clients on their challenges and adding value as a member of a team. Most of our client teams travel to domestic client sites weekly, leaving home on Monday morning and returning on Thursday.
Occasional international travel is also required. Fridays are spent in an our Company Group office reconnecting with colleagues, attending training and collaborating on internal projects and meetings. This allows greater connection to co-workers, a more collaborative environment and better opportunities for personal career development.
Pulp Process & Environmental Laboratory Technician
Nippon Dynawave Packaging Company (NDP) has an opening for a Technician in the Pulp Process and Environmental Laboratory of its Longview, Washington manufacturing facility.
We are looking for an individual who has the educational background, experience and skills to work in a self-directed work environment where teamwork, quality, and workplace safety are the standards. The starting hourly pay rate is $24.15 (increasing to $25.00 in March) with the opportunity to advance to a Journeyman Technician pay rate of $34.94.
Key duties include collecting and testing process and environmental samples from our pulping and chemical recovery process equipment, wastewater treatment plant, solid waste streams and stormwater discharges. Testing includes physical, chemical and biological analysis of process and waste samples. Strict adherence to testing methods and detailed tracking of results are required, particularly for environmental compliance testing results submitted to the Washington Department of Ecology to meet regulatory compliance standards.
Lab Technician work schedule is typically Monday-Friday dayshift (7:00am-3:30pm), with occasional requirement to work evenings and weekends depending upon site activities and work load.
Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least two years of college level science course work, including at least one year of college level chemistry (grade transcripts required). Applicants must demonstrate a stable work history of at least two years working experience; preference will be given to experience in an industrial or laboratory work environment. A Bachelors or Associates Degree in a related technical field may be substituted for work experience.
Other qualifications include:
Good verbal and writing skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
Strong interpersonal and communications skills with an ability to work effectively with site leadership, regulatory officials, mill operating and maintenance personnel.
Team oriented, with a good work ethic, positive attitude and the ability to work independently.
Willingness to work extended hours and off shifts when conditions warrant, and able to prioritize work tasks to meet critical deadlines.
Must be physically able to perform environmental sample collection in remote locations and at heights in an industrial facility, carrying loaded sample containers and climbing steep terrain, stairs and ladders as needed to access work areas.
Snelling Staffing is seeking an experienced Lab Technician for a growing company in Louisville KY! This Company is looking for a detail-oriented and hardworking individual who has previous experience.
Conducts all laboratory tests for medical diagnosis and environmental analysis
Analyzes tests results and prepares reports on findings
• Maintains records and files.
• Performs a wide variety of serologic, bacteriologic, chemical and microscopic tests in a certified medical laboratory.
• Conducts tests to aid in the detection, diagnosis, isolation and treatment of diseases.
• Monitors the receiving, recording, numbering, processing, examining, rechecking and reporting of results obtained from conducting analytical examinations.
• Reviews and checks laboratory tests submitted by laboratory personnel.
• Compiles information and prepares reports on test results and program operations.
• Performs various examinations on tissue, body fluids and body exudates.
• Conducts chemical tests and analysis on bacteria to identify viruses, fungi, protozoa and foreign matter in food, beverages, water and body tissues .
• Prepares media, solutions, strains, reagents or specimens .
• Records results of test analysis, maintains accurate records on each test and culture, and properly labels specimens and test requisitions.
• Draws blood from patients and prepares for transporting to laboratory for testing .
- Bachelor's Degree
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- Medical Technology
- Other various medical related degrees
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Microbiology, Analytical Chemistry or a related field
- One year of medical, clinical, industrial, environmental, veterinary or research laboratory experience
Job Title: Associate Laboratory Technician
Location: US-MN-St. Paul (near the airport)
Pay Rate: $16.00/hour
Monday Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm
The Microbiology Testing Laboratory performs testing methods employed for detecting mycoplasma contamination from biological test samples.
The Associate Laboratory Technician is responsible for performing cell culture and microbiological culture assays, which demand a professional application of the principles, theories, and techniques of aseptic cell culture and basic microbiology techniques.
Performing mycoplasma detection assays utilizing techniques such as: observation of broth cultures and agar plates, subpassaging of mammalian cell cultures, fixing and staining of cell cultures, and fluorescent microscopy.
Maintain adequate gowning and perform environmental monitoring in cleanroom environment.
Share basic laboratory duties such as stocking supplies, media preparation, equipment cleaning, and laboratory cleaning.
Prepare and perform dilutions of biological test samples prior to inoculation.
Track inventory and maintain positive control master and working stocks.
Track media inventory and coordinates media production.
Preparation and documentation of testing procedures using Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
Assist in the training of new staff.
Education and Experience:
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in biology, microbiology, or a scientific field
Experience working in a regulated environment (GLP/GMP) preferred.
Hands on experience working in a laboratory practicing aseptic technique preferred.
Abilities and Skills:
Must be able to distinguish between colors.
Must be able work with latex.
Must be able to work with sterilant/disinfectant products (isopropyl alcohol, bleach, Spor-Klenz).
Proven ability to maintain a high attention to detail.
Ability to work overtime and/or holidays as needed.
Our Irvine Lab is seeking a Soils/Materials Laboratory Technician. This position will assist other technicians with preparation of soil, aggregate, concrete, masonry, steel and fireproofing samples, and perform basic geotechnical and materials laboratory testing procedures in accordance with ASTM and Caltrans procedures.
Sample preparation; hauling/moving soil and aggregate sample bags, concrete, grout and masonry specimens, steel and other miscellaneous samples; perform basic laboratory tests (e.g. moisture content, compaction curves, sieves, hydrometers, Atterberg Limits, Expansion Index, direct shear, consolidation, compressive strength, corrosion tests, etc.); apply basic computer data templates; basic computer applications; and attend all required meetings. Follow instructions; follow company policies and procedures, and all safety procedures.
Other duties may be assigned.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Prior experience working in a lab
Desktop computer experience with Microsoft Excel and/or Word is desirable.
Strong mathematical skills
Ability to follow instructions, company policies and procedures and follow all safety procedures
Ability to lift 25 lbs. frequently and lift 100 lbs. occasionally
Must have a valid California driver’s license, proof of auto insurance and clean driving record
For more information and to apply for the position please visit our website www.leightongroup.com/open-positions/
Multiple Locations: Irvine, Los Angeles, Santa Clarita, San Diego, Temecula, Palm Desert and Rancho Cucamonga
Laboratory Technician I
We are seeking a Laboratory Technician to join our team! Candidate will be responsible for preparing samples, performing analysis, and maintaining equipment within the laboratory.
- Record data using an analytical balance and specialized software
- Enter and organize data using spreadsheets
- Prepare samples and perform analytical methods using various laboratory equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience with Microsoft Excel is desired
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong 10-key and keyboard skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Prior exposure to common analytical techniques is preferred
Working environment is industrial/laboratory. Required PPE includes lab coat and safety glasses.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!