Laborer Chemical Processing Job Description Sample
Chemical Processing - Surface Finishing Auditor Opportunity
Why become a Nadcap Auditor? Performance Review Institute (PRI) manages an industry based aerospace special process accreditation program called Nadcap.
This is an excellent opportunity for recent retirees or consultants. Nadcap Auditors enjoy traveling domestically and/or internationally, a flexible schedule (some auditors perform 1 or 2 audits a month, while others desire to audit every week), competitive compensation that includes a daily rate plus travel expenses, meeting new people and keeping in touch with technology and the latest developments, networking with other industry professionals. The purpose of this independent contractor position is to conduct audits of surface finishing processes (anodizing, conversion coating, electroplating, etc.) using web based audit checklists.
The audit results are reported back to key global aerospace industry experts who manage the non-conformance report closeout and accreditation processes. Conducting the audits plays an important role in risk mitigation, supply chain oversight and continual improvement within the aerospace industry. This varied and autonomous role would suit someone who has experience and/or qualifications in surface finishing and is looking for a new challenge. • Pre-audit preparation including contacting the auditee ahead of time to arrange the audit timetable and reviewing documentation provided by the auditee • Liaising with PRI’s preferred travel agency to organize a cost-effective travel schedule • Conducting the audit based on an industry-approved checklists • Holding regular meetings with the auditee during the audit for the purpose of transparency so that all parties understand the audit timetable and any findings identified • Submitting an audit report in which any audit non-conformances are clearly and logically documented • Representing PRI in a professional manner to our customers at all times • Working collaboratively with PRI and customers to coordinate audit schedules • Bachelor of Science Degree Science or Engineering • Five years hands on experience, preferably in the Aerospace Industry, with several of the following processes:
Anodizing, Chemical Cleaning, Chemical Milling. Conversion/Phosphate Coating, Etching, Laboratory Evaluation, Paint/Dry Film Coatings, Plating, Stripping, Surface Prep Prior to Metal Bond, Surface Treatment/Passivation • Written and oral proficiency in the English language The ideal auditor candidate will possess most of the following: • Willingness to travel and conduct audits • Strong interpersonal skills • Five years experience as an auditor (Aerospace Industry Preferred) • Thorough understanding of aerospace chemical processing specs, processes, and equipment • Able to work on computers (book flights and hotels on web based systems, use Microsoft Office or similar packages, use email) ID: 2013-1041 External Company URL: http://www.pri-network.org/
Chemical Processing Operator
You are a flexible, focused multi-tasker wholikes working outdoors as much as possible. You enjoy a fast-paced environmentwhere your team counts on you to be organized. You like doing different tasksthroughout the day, and operating a fork lift is something you enjoy (or wantto learn how to do)! People have commended you on your attention to detail, andyou don’t mind a little bit of paperwork.You’re looking for a job that provides extensive training and room for growth!
Day in the Life:
After clocking in and grabbing your favorite morningbeverage, you can expect to:
Head to the locker roomand gear up in your uniform
Meet with your supervisorat the daily 7:00 AM tool box meeting to review daily tasks and safety measures
Begin the day’s paperwork
Verify the accuracy ofmaterials and paperwork
Perform sample testing, lab work and chemical treatment
Load and unload materials using light equipment
Inspect facility andstorage tanks
Operate chemical process equipment, filter presses, and filtrationsystems
Empty oil drums and transfer solids and fluids to storage tanks
Manage storage facility
General housekeeping duties such as cleaning tankers and equipment maintenance
other duties as assigned
What you need to apply
High School Diploma orGED equivalent preferred
1 year of general laborexperience preferred
Comfort wearing arespirator as needed
Ability to work aflexible schedule
Ability to passpre-employment background checks and drug screening
US Ecology helps our customers keep the environmentclean by doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous andregulated waste. In short, we work to provide a sustainable future for ourchildren and their grandchildren.
For your hard work
Tuition reimbursementafter six months
Opportunity forprofessional growth
Employer paidcertifications and training
100% employer paidmedical for you
Paid Time Off
Cash Recognition Programs
Find out more at www.usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative ActionEmployer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race,religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability orveteran status, among other factors.
Chemical Process Engineer - Wet Chemical Reaction Processing / Lab Exp
This engineer will also be responsible for supporting the delivery of new products and processes from the Ink Development group to the manufacturing floor.
· Identify, develop and lead continuous improvement projects to improve our existing product cost, quality and/or cycle time ·
Maintenance Engineer - Chemical Processing
We are working with an international chemical company that has a plant located southwest of Chicago, IL that is looking for a Maintenance Engineer for their team.
Will be responsible for a variety of maintenance and reliability task across the processing facility.
TO BE CONSIDERED
BS in engineering or related technical degree with experience in maintaining a variety of chemical processing equipment and systems. SAP CMMS is desired but not required. Must be willing to learn and grow within the company.
Please note: All candidates for this role must have unlimited employment eligibility as there s no sponsorship available now or in the future for this role
Materials Processing Laborer
Health and Safety is our 1 priority and we live it 3-6-5 We offer all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including: Competitive wages paid on a weekly basis Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion Comprehensive Health, Dental and Life Insurance 401K, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off Company paid certifications, licenses and training.
Ensures Health and Safety is
Staff Process Engineer - Chemical Processing
Staff Process Engineer – Chemical Processing of Metals – Small Midwest Town – Aerospace
The Staff Process Engineer supports various departments (Engineering, Operations, Quality, Manufacturing and Supply Chain) through the development, evaluation, and implementation of processes related to chemical processing. Emphasis on knowledge of these processes for aluminum alloys, titanium alloys, and superalloys. Furthermore, the person in this position would develop the new specifications that would increase control of the processes/products at suppliers. The person chosen for this position is expected to ensure that regulations and specifications that govern the production of aircraft parts are implemented in the Operations Center, to maintain compliance, and to become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all chemical activities of the Operations Center.
· Responsible for interpreting, implementing, and training regarding NADCAP, quality management system including ISO 9001 and AS9100 and customer requirements in the areas of coatings and chemical processing.
· Collaborate with Quality and Engineering functions to develop and execute chemical and finishing process control plans
· Prepares, revises and oversee internal work instructions and specifications related to area of expertise.
· Conducts audits in accordance with internal audit programs, hosts customer and industry audits such as NADCAP and AS9100. Prepares reports and submits resolution to audit findings.
· Develop the internal specification system aligned with external requirements that would increase fidelity of requirements, process control for parts made by internal Operations and by suppliers. Also, review and approve various engineering procedures and specifications.
· Lead in root cause and corrective action investigation efforts. Initiate and enable Failure Analysis, create and review failure reports, assist Engineering and customers.
· Work with Operations & Manufacturing Engineering to develop, modify, qualify and troubleshoot various materials, chemical, surfacing, and coating processes.
· Manage and proactively participate in developing, maintaining, training, and sharing technical knowledge in specialized area(s), remaining up-to-date on current trends and best practices.
· Support sustainment operations through review of process changes, advising MRB on material and process related discrepancies, and interfacing with customers.
· Work directly with customers and vendors to understand and formulate their technical requirements and business needs into achievable results
· Ensure proper maintenance of manufacturing equipment by recommendation of Preventative Maintenance activities and schedules
· Support New Product Introductions by providing guidance on materials and process to use for industrialization of new products, participate in efforts to obtain customer process approvals/qualifications.
· Provides project management, process introduction, and continuous process improvement leadership
· Analysis of data from production and engineering process runs, qualifying changes or additions to manufacturing toolsets and process flows to drive process performance improvements.
· Direct and lead solving complex problems through analysis and innovation; solutions may become part of standard operating procedure
· Proficient at mentoring others to cultivate critical process evaluation and best resolution to process issues.
· Support Research and Development by conducting technology projects, participating in technology reviews, and proposing new technology.
· Responsible for establishing and maintaining strong and professional collaborative partnership with other organizations, academic institutions and external partners, as appropriate, in order to leverage best-in-class methods and capabilities.
· Initiates capital project selection, justification, budgeting, and implementation
· Interprets State rules and regulations and assists with flowing requirements down to ensure facility compliance with monthly, quarterly and annual requirements driven by the respective State organizations
· Drive safety in all manufacturing and operations processes.
· Work with EH&S department to assure the proper handling and management of hazardous waste and ensure compliance with all environmental related activities.
· Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
· Other duties as assigned including working extended shifts/overtime as required by the business.
up to 10%.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated effectiveness in managing multiple projects finishing and delivering on commitments
· Ability to develop new specifications, process sheets and control plans for special processes and NDT. Professional in developing and documenting new standard manufacturing processes, as well as interpreting and executing methods outlined by ASTM, AWS, SAE/AMS, ASME, customer, military, and commercial aerospace specifications related to thermal processing and mechanical testing.
· Customer oriented with a continuous improvement focus
· Experience in aerospace industry working with Materials & Process group preferred. MRB experience
· Experience working with aluminum, titanium alloys, "super alloys" preferred
· Strong analytical skills and ability to make decisions based on limited data
· Demonstrated leadership in proactive problem solving and self-directed behavior
· Can interface effectively with all levels of the organization, suppliers and customers
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project), Internet is required
· Ability to develop test plan, run tests, collect data and perform statistical analysis. Knowledge of Minitab software preferred.
· Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
· Understands NADCAP, ISO9001, and AS9100 regulatory requirements. Experience with First Articles Inspection (FAI) preferred.
· Conscientious, organized and meticulous – records must be accurate and maintained
· Strong self-motivation/direction, entrepreneurial mind-set, leadership, and teaming skills. Can manage and direct a group in short term in absence of a manager. Lead, train, and guide technicians and operators.
· Ability to perform duties with little to no supervision to achieve successful results.
· Knowledge of Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools and Methodologies (i.e. DMAIIC, DMADV, Lean, FMEA), including Design of Experiments, capability analysis and sampling statistics and techniques is preferred.
· Selecting and testing of material chemical processes, both in the development and application of processing methods.
· Familiar with 3D solid modeling tools (e.g. CATIA) and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
Required Experience/Education/Training/Certifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
· B.A./B.S. degree in Scientific or Engineering discipline, preferably in Chemical Engineering, from an ABET accredited program with minimum (5) years of experience related to materials & processing; preference given to M.S. or Ph.D. advanced degree with (3) years experience (aerospace manufacturing environment preferred). Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Licenses, Certifications, etc.:
· NDT Level III certification is desired.
· Lean Practitioner, ACE Associate/Practitioner, Six Sigma Greenbelt or higher, or equivalent certification desired.
· Professional Engineer license preferred
Engineering- Mattson Resources supplies engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services personnel to leading industrial specialists worldwide. We operate within the aerospace & defense, manufacturing & life sciences, mining & metals, energy & chemicals, solar & alternative energy, rail, infrastructure and construction sectors.
Information Technology- Our IT division specializes in top-down management support of all Information Systems Technology services. Our service range can encapsulate placements to include the following specifics: C-Level executives, software development, technology implementation, database design and development, network engineering and sales, tech support and helpdesk services. Our IT recruiters are here to find that unique talented individual that other firms cannot find.
Healthcare- We provide both retained and professional search for candidates in the fields of Healthcare, including Medical Device, Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences. Search have been conducted for various niche markets nationally. We have worked with many large national firms as well as Orange County based companies.
Skilled Industrial- Mattson Resources provides qualified and experienced temporary staff for Assembly, Distribution, Manufacturing, Production and Warehouse positions throughout Orange County. We offer a complete screening process that includes reference checking, social security verification, criminal check, DMV and Drug Screen.
Technical Manufacturing- We provide the Orange County workplace with skilled individuals in the manufacturing sector. CNC Machinists, Craftsmen, Quality Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Buyers, Production Schedulers, ISO, AS9100 Certifications. Plastics, Medical Device Pharmaceutical Manufacturing are growing market segment sectors which we have staffed.
Construction Project Manger - Refinery Or Chemical
Our client is looking for a Project Manager for their Western Division specializing in the construction and renovation of complex piping systems necessary for processing oil, gas, and chemicals for clients in everything from petroleum and agribusiness, as well as natural gas and combined cycle power generation, electrical transmission and distribution. Projects will be located throughout the Western United States.
· Ensure safety compliance and quality programs are being executed on the project site.
· Participate in bidding and pre-construction services.
· Openly communicate with all other parties involved with the project, establishing trust and rapport with owners, engineers, subcontractors, and local union officials.
· Manage the performance of the Project Engineers, Field Superintendents, and administrative staff.
· Maintain strict control over the budget and keep project on schedule, ensuring ongoing profitability.
· Execute subcontracts and purchase orders, and approve subcontractor invoices and change requests. Negotiate contract changes with the client. Complete close-out requirements for projects.
· A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant heavy industrial construction operations experience within oil and gas, liquid natural gas, petrochemical or other chemical processing industries.
· Bachelor degree is preferred.
· The ability to travel extensively to out-of-town project assignments for up to 18-24 months, with travel home every-other weekend.
· Strong leadership skills with the desire to succeed.
· Effective communication skills to motivate your team, delegate tasks, and present proposals to clients with competence and confidence. Ability to communicate with highly technical individuals.
· Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
· Familiar with a "self-perform" project environment, unionized labor environment, and lump sum, competitive bid environment.
Junior Development Engineer - Chemical Engineering, Chemical Dev
If you are a Junior Development Engineer with experience, please read on What You Will Be Doing
Scale-up and prepare materials in the pilot plant based on defined process chemistry
Prepare documents necessary to support processing in the plant
Conduct safety meetings and oversee processing
Review executed batch records What You Need for this Position
B.S. or M.S. in Chemical Engineering
Experience with chemical development, cGMP and commercial environments preferred What's In It for You
Vacation/PTO - Medical
401(k) So, if you are a Junior Development Engineer with experience, please apply today
Chemical Mill Operator
Prepare all materials and packaging for processing.
Transport raw material to process station.
Feed raw material into machinery.
Adjust process conditions according to Q-doc 19 (Process Conditions Log) and operate mill accordingly.
Record process data.
Take and label finished material samples.
Ensure proper fill and packaging of finished product, through weighing and observation.
Palletize finished product and transport to designated storage area.
Clean out mills as required.
Prepare set-ups for next job.
Clean and maintain work area.
Perform various other duties as assigned by management.
Ability to understand written & verbal instructions in English is needed.
Ability to perform basic math calculations such as percentages, adding, subtracting, etc., is needed.
Mechanical aptitude is a plus
Forklift truck operating is required
Ability to lift 40 – 50 lbs. is required
Ability to climb ladders
Ability to enter confined spaces
Ability to bend and reach
Ability to climb onto and to operate forklift truck
Ability to stand for up to 12 hours at a time (with ½ hour lunch and ¼ hour break)
Ability to walk distances up to 30 yards at a time
Ability to wear a half mask respirator for long periods of time
Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
Experience operating forklift trucks is preferred.
The company is located in Reading, PA, with an additional manufacturing facility in East Greenville, PA. Custom Processing Services has been named a Top Growth Companies in Berks County by the Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce & Industry, and received the Build a Better Berks Award in 2008. Custom Processing Services also received an Entrepreneurial Achievement Award from the Ben Franklin Technology Partners in 2006.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
CPS will not unlawfully discriminate based upon race, color, sex, national origin or ancestry, religion, age disability, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any prohibited basis. This commitment applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, discharge, and any term or condition of employment. All employment decisions will be made and all personnel policies construed in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local antidiscrimination laws. All unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
Solvay’s Baltimore, MD manufacturing plant is looking for a Chemical Operator to join the operations team. The individual must be willing and able to work a rotating 8 hour or 12 hour shift work schedule which includes holidays and weekend. Responsibilities
Operate and monitor continual chemical processes, batch reactors, blend vessels, and storage tanks in manual mode and with a computerized process control system.
Collect process samples, perform simple in-process lab analyses, and make adjustments as needed.
Operate and monitor the plant wastewater and effluent systems.
Load and unload bulk tank trailers.
Perform drumming operations, including unloading drum trailers and palletizing.
Operate forklifts and material moving equipment.
Complete janitorial duties and general laborer work as directed, including housekeeping activities.
Complete all necessary paperwork, including log sheets, checklists, and round sheets, and enter computer transactions into the SAP system.
Conduct all tasks in a safe manner and utilize appropriate personal protective equipment per site policies.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Knowledge of chemical operations or manufacturing experience preferred.
Must be willing and able to work a rotating 8 hour or 12 hour shift work schedule. This includes holidays and weekends.
Willing to cooperate in teamwork, share responsibilities, take direction and advice from others, and train others.
Able to plan and organize multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
Possess good mathematical, problem solving, and computer skills. SAP experience preferred.
Background should demonstrate a dedication to working safety, as well as dependability, maturity, and productivity.
Requisition ID:GBU004678 Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!