Laborer Concrete Mixing Plant Job Description Sample
Concrete Plant Manager, Portable Central / Truck Mix
We have an immediate full-time opening for an experienced Concrete Plant Operator. Must have experience operating portable central and truck mix plants. Must be willing to travel to various jobsites in Nebraska. Successful applicants will have:
ACI Level I Certification (or must be obtained within six months)
Experience in the concrete, cement or construction industries
Experience in both manual and computerized batching
Prior supervisory experience
Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact with customers
Superior organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities and projects
Eagerness to achieve and maintain a level of excellence in quality
Good aptitude for logistics, planning and scheduling
Ability to work productively with minimal supervision
Ability to work in high pressure situations under tight deadlines
A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record Werner Constructon offers great benefits.
Health, Dental and Life Insurance + 401K with Company Match
Per diem for qualifying applicants Veterans, individuals with disabilities, females and persons from all ethnic/racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer
Ready Mix Concrete Plant Maintenance Mechanic
Scioto Ready Mix, located in Central Ohio is seeking a person to perform maintenance and repairs on Concrete Batch Plants, Knowledge of the complete workings of a Batch Plant, Water Heaters, Conveyors, Bin Gates and Electrical Motors and Relays is a must.
Salary is based on experience. Benefits, vacation, paid holidays and profit sharing will be discussed in an interview,
We are hands on, family owned and managed, debt free and a well respected market leader in Central Ohio. Scioto Ready Mix is a safety conscious and an EEO organization.
Please send resume through ZipRecruiter or call 614-255-1057 or 614-451-2242.
Description Tradesmen International currently has openings for concrete laborers. As a concrete labor you will assist with:
Studying specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project
Layout and determine dimensions and materials required
Requirements + 2-3 years of experience in Commercial or Residential Concrete work
Valid Driver's License
Pass a backgroun check
Drug free at all times
Must be reliable
Must have own tools
Company Details In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
Dental and vision plan
Prescription drug plan
Short-term disability + 401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
Tool purchase programs Tradesmen International is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Recruiter Name Boris Menjivar
CategoryConcrete - Laborer
Plant Supervisor - Ready Mix Concrete
Job Description: Responsible for the daily operation of the plant, including but not limited to operations, maintenance, production, inventory control, safety, environmental compliance and supervision of plant employees.
Ensure that all products produced meet or exceed customers’ expectations regarding quality and service. Ensure adequate inventories in order to meet customer needs.
Ensure that a safe workplace is maintained, based on company policies and OSHA guidelines.
Schedule material deliveries according to information provided by Dispatch office (according to customer needs). Ensure deliveries are made promptly, safely and efficiently.
Ensure that operation remains in compliance with all applicable environmental standards.
Maintain plant in excellent condition, mechanically and esthetically.
Prepare and ensure accuracy of paperwork resulting from daily business; on occasion, handle cash sales from customers in accordance with established practices and policy.
Ensure that employees are working efficiently and consistently with company policies and guidelines.
Maintain good working relationships with direct reports, co-workers and outside agencies’ personnel.
Manage corporately approved disciplinary procedures pertaining to drivers and operators. Required Skills
High School diploma
Prior experience in Ready Mix Concrete for at least 5 years' required and prior experience in concrete plant management preferred.
Must be able to operate a front loader
Excellent math and computer skills.
Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Must have (or must be able to obtain as soon as possible) ACI Level I Field Testing Technician and FDOT Concrete Batch Plant Operator Certifications within 90 days of hire. Tracking Code: 1334-774 Job Location: Fort Pierce, Florida, United States
Position Type:* Full-Time/Regular
Plant Maintenance Specialist - Ready Mix Concrete
Knight's Redi-Mix is seeking a full-time Plant Maintenance Technician to ensure that our wet-batch concrete plant in North Charleston operates in a clean, safe, environmentally compliant, and efficient manner. This position will cross-train to provide light mechanical repairs and check ins, concrete batch operators, and operate a front-end loader to provide yard support as needed. Some nights and weekends will be required.
- Perform routine periodic maintenance and repairs on the wet batch ready-mix concrete plant and plant equipment.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues as needed.
- Coordinate with Plant Maintenance Manager, Welding Manager, and/or Construction Manager as needed to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Identify replacement parts and supplies as needed to ensure successful plant operation; follow Accounting procedures for procurement, and coordinate with Purchasing and Plant Maintenance Manager to request.
- Communicate with plant crew, quality control technicians, maintenance team, and sales representatives to ensure successful daily operations.
- Respond to repair calls outside of normal business hours as needed.
- Perform daily mixer truck check-ins in accordance with Maintenance Shop specifications and schedule.
- Perform light repairs on Mixer Trucks as needed; complete repair orders and send to Maintenance Shop when completed.
- Contact Maintenance Shop to report truck issues and repairs when needed.
- Serve as opening or closing batchman; finish batching loads as scheduled.
- Ensure that all material tickets are entered into back office and put all items (batch tickets, material tickets, daily truck sheets and any other receipts that may come in) in an envelope to be taken to the main office.
- Record fuel on sheet from drivers and enter into computer daily.
- Schedule drivers for next day with times from dispatch when needed.
- Convey all pertinent information to the relieving batch man regarding equipment and personnel for the next work day.
- Troubleshoot mix problems as they arise.
- Ensure that all trucks and drum are washed out, reclaimer has been taken care of and plant is shut down properly at the close of shift.
- Operate front end loader as needed.
- Ensure that all company safety regulations and policies are followed at all times.
- Ensure that all company environmental regulations and policies are followed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in ready mix plant maintenance and /or operations required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with automotive or diesel equipment maintenance required.
- Must have a valid South Carolina Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Ability to safely use miscellaneous tools, such as sledgehammers, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pneumatic hammer/drill.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Ability to work safely and efficiently in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with others.
- Must be able to work varying work shifts with varying start and stop times.
- Overtime work plus nights may be required.
- Experience complying with OSHA and state environmental regulations required.
- Understanding of ready mix quality control testing and specifications preferred.
Apply on-line or in-person at 480 Hodge Road, Bldg. 5, Summerville, SC 29483, Monday - Friday from 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM.
Drug Free Workplace / Equal Opportunity Employer
The original company, Knight's Septic Tank, was founded in 1969 by CEO, Michael E. Knight which is now Knight's Companies and includes: Knight's Precast, Knights Redi-Mix, Knights Septic Tank and Knights Trucking, all of which strive to provide quality products and service to our friends and family in the construction industry.
Concrete Laborer & Concrete Finisher
Construction Crew Member
We are seeking applicant, preferably with 3-5 years’ experience, who has an understanding of industrial construction, Concrete forming, Demolition, and Repairs.
· Safety first on all jobs
· Industrial construction knowledge a plus
· Must be able to follow detailed directions
· Must be have understanding of industrial construction and the sites and elements that one may be exposed to.
· Help with Concrete forming, Demolition, and Repairs.
· Ability to use Power Lift trucks a plus
· Moving materials and following directions of the supervisor.
· Ability to understand and follow company and customer Safety Plans and OSHA required training.
· Ability to use hand and power tools are an asset.
· Work with team assigned to get the job done efficiently and correctly
· Must be able to lift 50lbs or greater
· Ability to handle physical work
· Strong work ethic
· Construction knowledge
· Clean Record
· Minimum of 3-5 years of experience preferred.
· Downtime will include helping on various jobs
· Bilingual a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and benefits of the position will be independently evaluated.
We specialize in Industrial Equipment, Production Line modifications/upgrades/installations. Our projects range from new construction for the Commercial and Industrial Industry (our General Contracting/Construction Division) to Chiller installations (Rigging Division)and modifications and upgrades for the Poultry Industry (both G.C. and Rigging Divisions).
Assistant Concrete Plant Manager
Castle Builders Supply, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lindy Paving, Inc. (one of Pittsburgh's "Best Places to Work" as part of the PJ Dick- Trumbull- Lindy family of construction companies), is seeking Assistant Plant Managers for its Southwestern, PA locations. The Assistant Plant Manager works hands-on managing the day-to-day plant operations to ensure overall quality, safety, production and profitability. This exciting opportunity provides the foundation for a career in manufacturing with increasing leadership and management responsibilities as the organization continues on its rapid expansion plans.
In this challenging yet rewarding role, a successful Assistant Plant Manager must be willing to work hands-on in all aspects of plant operations (including concrete batching, quality control testing and customer service) in order to coordinate every yard of concrete produced by the plant.
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment where every day is different and working for a company that values its employees and rewards their efforts, then opportunity is for you!
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must work extended hours and irregular schedules
- Ability to multi-task and adapt/respond to rapidly changing priorities
- Above average communication and computer skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Prior and progressive experience in the aggregate industry is preferred but not required
- ACI Concrete Field Technician Grade 1 a plus but not required
In addition, we’re proud to be the top regional manufacturer of quality asphalt products while operating multiple plants located in Allegheny, Beaver, Butler and Indiana counties. These plants can produce up to 600 tons of asphalt per hour and offer up to six silos to meet storage needs. Our constant investment in new technology provides a quality asphalt mix and limited load times at the plant to satisfy any commercial, municipal or state project. We can produce all PennDOT approved mix designs that include hot mix asphalt, warm mix asphalt, stone matrix asphalt and crumb rubber asphalt. Give us a call and we’ll get you the products you need to build a quality project.
Field Concrete Laborer
Field Concrete Laborer Location:
Brownsville, WI Corporate Office
Description This position consists of performing physical labor duties with an emphasis in concrete construction traveling throughout the State of Wisconsin. The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to:
Adhere, maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors and customers.
Lift, pull and carry heavy construction equipment throughout work site.
Clear and prepare highway work zones.
Set up forming baskets prior to pour of concrete.
Shovel and set concrete to spec.
Communicate with all team members.
Other duties as assigned. Qualified candidates must be able to work independently, as well as, in a team environment, be able to frequently lift heavy objects weighing greater than seventy-five pounds and possess a valid driver’s license.
Concrete Sitework / Laborer
Employer is hiring for a full-time permanent position for site work, sidewalks, curb and gutter, flatwork, footings, and walls. This position is hourly.
Qualifications: Valid Drivers License, 1- 2 year's experience in the concrete industry, Work along side crew members in a productive and positive manner, 1 year + experience running bobcat, telehandler, and pickups with trailer's, Be able to lift heavy objects on a daily basis (forms, lumber, re bar, stakes), Experience with grade setting and able to help set grade. Be able to pour and help finish concrete flat-work, footings, curb & gutter, footings, and walls, Work in a fast pace environment and help with jobs and crews as they arise. Work week hours in season are 50-70 hrs a week.
Concrete Finisher And Laborer
Come build with us! MW Builders is now hiring Concrete Finishers and Concrete Laborers to join our Midland/Odessa team and be located on a project in Monahans, TX.
We are needing hard working and dependable people. Please call our Construction Project Manager at 254-654-2114 for more details and to apply or apply online by clicking the "Apply" button.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!