Laborer General Job Description Sample
General Construction Laborer
The General Laborer for the Concrete Division is a support role to the skilled trades on highway construction projects. Laborers may operate a variety of equipment including hand and power tools: air hammers, earth tampers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment. They clean and prepare job sites, clean up rubble and debris and any other items as directed by the Foreman or Division Manager. Projects are throughout the Midwest and will require traveling.
May shovel or scrape wet concrete.
May be asked to operate small power tools.
May lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
May assist in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
May tie rebar or assist with setting stringline.
May signal truck dumping construction materials.
May perform other duties as assigned.
Must be able to follow directions.
Must be able work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
Must be able to climb, stoop, bend, and squat as required for various duties.
Must adhere to safety requirements as outline in the Employee Handbook.
Must be able to work in a team environment and assist co-workers and supervisors with other duties as required.
A high school diploma or equivalent.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have good work ethic and positive attitude.
Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug screens.
Mandatory Overtime – Average Workweek 55hrs
- Koss Construction Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
General Laborer Associate
Finishing Technician / General Laborer
(Principals only please - no recruiters or agencies)
Reports To: Production Lead Department:
Location: Gilbert, AZ Status: Full Time/Hourly/Non-Exempt/Safety Sensitive
The Finishing Technician will perform basic disassembly and removal activities within a production environment.
- 2 – 3 years of hands-on experience in an assembly environment
- 2+ years of hands-on experience as a technician
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess in depth knowledge of assemblies and subassemblies and is capable of diagnosis, troubleshooting and repairs as needed
- Experience as General Laborer preferred
- Must be able to use standard hand tools and measuring equipment
- Knowledge of basic computer technology
- High mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task several priorities and possess time management skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instruction
- U.S Citizenship is required
- Tear-down of mechanical and electrical components per established process manual
- Use of power tools and hand tools to complete daily tasks
- Follow all established processes and instructions for process area
- Ensure that the process area is always compliant with Company standards
- Others duties, as assigned
- Work may be performed outside in hot & cold desert environments or inclement weather conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, talk, hear and see (must be able to stand for long periods of time)
- Must be able to lift at least 75 pounds during the course of the workday
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work including hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear and other protective equipment as required
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be flexible in the ability to support other process areas when needed
- STARA-C is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetics or any other protected status
- In addition to Federal law requirements, STARA-C complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training
- STARA-C expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of STARA-C’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
- STARA C promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing
- We participate with the E-Verify Employment Eligibility program
- Position contingent upon contract funding/approval
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facility, U.S. citizenship is required
General Production Laborer (2Nd Shift)
- Clean up of machinery and surrounding area to keep free of debris
- Assisting machine operators and production team in preparing for shift production
- Assisting in loading and unloading of trucks, handling stockpiles, packaging and labeling products
- May be required to operate machinery or equipment as assigned (training/certification to be provided)
- Must wear steel toe boots, pants/jeans, and shirt you do not mind getting dirty (ability to request uniform after 60 days)
- Must be able to stand/walk for 8 hours or more
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds
- Noise levels in the plant may be high and temperatures may depend on outside temperatures
Must be able to pass drug screening, background check, and be eligible to work in the United States.
General Laborer (565)
The Dump is looking for merchandise handlers.
Responsible for all aspects of moving, opening, locating, stocking, inspecting and counting merchandise; providing administrative support and customer pick up in warehouse and store.
- Excellent customer service and listening skills
- Personal responsibility and desire to learn
- Positive attitude towards customers and teammates
- Work schedule that include weekends and holidays
- Unloading, assembling and loading merchandise
- Meet productivity standards
- Communicate all inventory issues to appropriate Manager
- Adhere to all safety and security regulations and report concerns to management.
- Maintain a clean, neat work area
- Ability to move furniture up to 50 lbs alone and up to 100 lbs with assistance as needed.
- Must be available to work each scheduled shift and should report to work on time.
The Dump is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs regularly
- Must be able to lift up to 150 lbs with assistance
- High School Diploma or equivalent
The General Laborer position entails working on our production line processing poultry products at the Perdue Farms, Inc. Harvest Plant in Perry, Ga. This job may require standing for eight or more hours a day on either day or night shift, lifting up to 50 lbs, working in cold, wet, hot, or dark conditions, and working with either live or raw poultry.
Prospective employees will have to follow the safety guidelines set forth by Perdue Farms, Inc. and must practice the GMP's of Perdue Farms. Typical position assignments include, but are not limited to: Live hang, Debone, Dapec, DSI, IQF, Chic-Fil-A, Evisceration, Marination, etc.
Production laborers usually work five to six days a week and are required to report at designated time provided by Team Leaders. Overtime may be required based on production needs.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The environmental factors and / or physical requirements of this position include the following:
Ability to work for 8 hours or more in a stationary position or travel on a wet, moist, dry, greasy, floors which may include metal or plastic grating surfaces with up to 4 hours in a single interval. Ability to work from various types of ladders and/or stairs.
Exposure to and work in temperatures of less than -40 degrees and 75 degrees with ambient humidity. Noise exposure of 110 db, and light intensity range of 50 to 100 foot candles. Bending, twisting, lifting up to 50 lbs, reaching, sitting, and grasping varies in repetitions, distance, degrees, angle, weight, heights, longest interval of time, objects grasped, and body positions depending upon the maintenance task required.
Exposure to chlorinated water ( 50 ppm, Ammonia vapors ) 5 ppm, dry ice, caustic detergents, lubricating oils, hydraulic oils, and other chemicals found in a poultry processing plant. Must use and / or wear protective and safety equipment required for the job.
Experience in poultry processing/manufacturing environment preferred but not required. High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred but not required.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
The General Laborer job works on our production line processing our chicken products. This job may require working with live birds and/or handling raw product.
We are currently hiring for:
Applicants for 2nd shift preferred (from 1:30 pm on)
A Production Support Associate position is also available for night shift. Internal Candidates should note that you are interested in this position specifically*
Demonstrate excellent attendance and punctuality
Work at various stations along the production line processing chicken food products
Adhere to all safety requirements including PPE; preventing and reporting unsafe acts and conditions, Lockout-Tag out procedures and Process Safety Management related matters.
Follow instructions given by your supervisor
At least 18 year of age
Legally authorized to work in the United States
Strong work history - worked for one employer for more than 3 months in the past year
Willing and able to stand for several hours
Lifting up to 50 lbs
Willing and able to work in wet and extreme cold and hot conditions
Willing and able to work around dust, feathers, animals and various cleaning chemicals.
Excellent work history, worked for one employer for more than 6 months in the past year
Previous manufacturing, production, especially food production experience
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
General Laborer (108)
Haynes is looking for FULL TIME HANDLERS for its Virginia Beach location.
•Excellent customer service and listening skills
•Personal responsibility and desire to learn
•Positive attitude towards customers and teammates
•Work schedule that include weekends and holidays
•Unloading, assembling and loading merchandise
•Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs regularly
•Must be able to lift up to 150 lbs with assistance
*Must be able to pass a drug test.
Haynes and The Dump is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free workplace.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Health, Dental, Life, Supplemental, and Dependent Life
- Vacation Leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Employee Discount
Haynes Furniture is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
General Production Laborer
We are seeking hard working, motivated, and energetic individuals to work for a wood pallet logistics site.
The positions available under General Production Laborer are Pallet Sorter (manual), Box Sorter, RPC Sorter, and Material Handler.
The position requires constant standing, bending, stooping, walking and the ability to lift and handle material with weight up to 75 pounds or more frequently (if working with Pallets) or 35 pounds frequently (if working with Boxes or RPCs). This position does require the ability to do repetitive work.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s) * Ability to sort pallets, RPCs, boxes or other material by hand in a neat and orderly fashion.
Maintaining a clean work environment-sweeping debris around warehouse and dock areas.
Ensure that criteria are met while sorting pallets, boxes, RPCs or other material.
Inspect items while sorting to ensure criteria is met and maintain an established rate per man hour.
Ability to sort items by vendor and process at an established rate per hour.
Ensure compliance and follow all safety and Propak policies and procedures.
All other duties as assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
Reporting relationships, work assignments, and work schedules are subject to change to meet the company needs and business requirements.
Teamwork and cooperation are required for proper job performance.
The ability to meet fast-paced productivity goals and standards.
The ability to work in a physically demanding warehouse environment
Must have the ability to show up to work on your scheduled days.
Attendance at work is an essential function of this job.
Our customers' needs Propak employees to be reliable and meet our weekly goals and numbers.
Must be open to learning new skills.
If you do not have prior experience, we are willing to train the right candidate.
Competency Statement(s) * Accountability
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication, Oral
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
- Safety Awareness
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
SKILLS & ABILITIES * Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Preferred
Experience: No prior experience necessary but prior experience in a warehouse or construction environment preferred
not required but preferred Propak Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request, by contacting . The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time
General Laborer - Bradenton, FL
1675 Ninth Street East
Bradenton, Florida, 34208
General Laborer – Bradenton, FL
Primary duties include safely performing a wide range of tasks that include stacking corrugated product, conducting quality checks, material set-ups and maintaining a clean and organized work area. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to working safely, a demonstrated ability to work in a fast pace environment, a strong desire to learn process and operate complex machinery, and have a desire to advance within the company.
How you will impact Westrock
Ability to operate various manufacturing equipment, follow specific directions, operate hand tools, and other duties as assigned.
Maintain a clean and safe work environment and comply with all safety regulations.
Ability to read a tape measure and have basic math and computer skills.
Ability to lift, push and or pull 50lbs, navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend and kneel thorough the entire shift.
REQUIRED to work daily OVERTIME, weekend work and various shifts depending on production needs.
What you will need to succeed
High School diploma or equivalent
Must have at least two years machine operator experience in a high volume manufacturing setting.
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America,
South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace.
WestRock's 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
MWV and RockTenn have come together to form WestRock. WestRock makes
consumer and corrugated packaging solutions that give our customers a winning
edge in the global marketplace.
We partner closely with customers on everything
from beverage packs and pizza boxes to trigger sprayers and fragrance pumps to
paperboard used for a wide variety of packaging and shipping containers. We
consider ourselves to be part of their team – as we strive for continuous
Every day, our 42,000 team members combine practical innovations and
rigorous execution in about 275 operating and business facilities across North
America, South America, Europe and Asia to deliver products and services that
answer unique local needs. We expect to win as a company and lead the industry
by achieving success together with our customers, employees and investors.
Location: Cerritos, CA
Title: General Laborer
Primary duties include safely performing a wide range of tasks that include
stacking corrugated product, conducting quality checks, material set-up, and
maintaining a clean and organized work space. Forklift experience needed
for some positions, will train. The ideal candidate will have a strong
commitment to working safe, demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced
environment, a strong desire to learn manufacturing processes and operating
complex machinery and have a desire to advance within the company
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Ability to operate various manufacturing equipment, follow specific
direction, operate power hand tools, and other duties as assigned.
Maintain a clean work environment.
Ability to read a tape measure and have basic math and computer skills.
Ability to work safely and comply with all safety regulations.
- Ability to lift, push or pull 50lbs, navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend,
and kneel throughout the entire shift.
- REQUIRED to work daily OVERTIME, weekend work and various shifts depending
on your position.
High school diploma or equivalent
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your
application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and
maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!