Laborer Powerhouse Job Description Sample
Powerhouse Equipment Operator - Plant Services - Kohler, WI
Powerhouse Equipment Operator
Location: Kohler, WI
Our Kohler manufacturing operations team is growing...and hiring! You're in Demand. At Kohler, manufacturing associates are in significant demand- more than 25% of our manufacturing team leaders and more than 30% of our skilled manufacturing associates will be eligible for retirement in four years. That translates to a lot of opportunities to grow your skills and increase your salary!
We're looking for a dynamic, dedicated Powerhouse Equipment Operator to join our Plant Services team!
What we offer:
$1,000 sign-on bonus upon successfully completing 90 days of employment
Industry leading wages
12 paid holidays and paid vacation
Affordable health/vision/dental/life insurance plan
Both 401K and pension programs
Lateral movement opportunities
On-site medical, lab and pharmacy services
Ability to perform general maintenance and work on all machines and equipment including:
Operate all major Utility equipment including Boilers, Air Compressors/Dryers, Chillers, Fans, Pumps, Wells, Propane/Air Vaporizer, Cooling Towers and Fire Suppression equipment. Includes operation of distribution systems for Steam, Condensate, Compressed Air, Chilled Water, Cooling Towers, and Water purification, Potable Water, Well Water, Process Wastewater, Natural Gas, Propane, Water Chemistry and Fire Systems.
Must be knowledgeable in the operation of the ABB 800xA Utility Control System used to control and monitor Utility systems plant-wide.
Must possess an understanding of the water systems analysis and treatment for boilers, cooling towers, re-circulating water systems, and process wastewater systems.
Assist Utility Repair associates as required with jobs requiring two or more people to complete the work including but not limited to; testing fire systems, alarms and equipment.
Maintain technical competence in advancing technology via frequent training courses, on-the-job training through the application of individual skills assessment programming, and vendor schools.
Can use Computerized Maintenance Management software to create work notifications, look-up and order parts, print work orders, and enter time confirmations.
Required to be an active member of the Kohler Company Fire Brigade responding to plant fire calls.
18+ years old
Completion of Low Pressure Boilers POWENG-330, and High-Pressure Boilers POWENGR 331 coursework via Milwaukee Area Technical College or equivalent training
Competency demonstrated through technical testing
Ability to communicate effectively for manufacturing production processes
Physical ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation
Ability to follow all safety policies and procedures
Reliable attendance and work performance
Successful completion of a drug screen and background check
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com.
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Principal Software Engineer - Ultra-Impactful Iot Powerhouse
If you are a talented Principal Software Engineer, please read on!
Based in beautiful downtown San Diego, we are an established, organically grown tech company that is standing at the threshold of creating something HUGE. We are a highly passionate and extremely bright group dedicated to influencing a massive paradigm shift in the Internet of Things space. We are working on massively disruptive innovation on an industrial scale that will become a projected $20 TRILLION market by 2025. Our technologies have already been deployed by Fortune 100 companies to transform data into valuable/actionable insights that make the world safer, cleaner, and more efficient and we are growing fast!
What we're doing is entirely unique and has the potential to make an enormously powerful impact on the world. We need you to help make this vision a reality. If you're a bright and talented Principal Software Engineer with the skills and experience listed below and want to be doing incredibly interesting and challenging work, we want to speak with you right away!
Top Reasons to Work with Us
2.Work with New Technologies on Incredibly Interesting Projects
3.Awesome Team and Company Culture
4.Gigantic Growth Potential!
What You Need for this Position
Experience Building Software That is Used by Other Developers
Nice to Haves:
What's In It for You
Health, Dental, and Vision 99% Company Paid for the Individual
VERY Meaningful Equity
So if you are a talented Principal Software Engineer, please apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Other Requirements include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Experience working with restoration projects and/or general construction
- Stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Use arms and hands to carry, reach and handle objects.
- Lift and carry materials weighing 50 to 80 pounds.
- Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other elevated objects.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, climb and crawl.
- See naturally or with correction.
- Possess keen eye and hand coordination.
- Must work overtime on short notice.
- Must travel with personal vehicle to and between projects within Michigan and occasionally outside of Michigan.
- Must maintain excellent attendance.
- Must pass drug screening and remain drug/alcohol free (position subject to various drug/alcohol testing).
- Flexible Benefit Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drugs, Group Life Insurance, Supplementary Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts. Vacation, Holiday Pay, 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Program.
- Must have a good attendance record.
- Previous experience of 3-6 month in a related field preferred
- Mark and label containers or products using appropriate equipment.
- Measure, weigh, and count and package products and materials.
- Examines and inspects containers, materials, and products in order to ensure proper specifications are followed.
- Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
- Responsible for following proper procedures in regards to defective products or materials.
- Reports all food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initial action.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and relates in a positive manner when interacting with all personnel.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Understand and comply with all HACCP, Allergen, Environmental, regulatory and customer demands and requirements.
Asphalt Laborer Needed In Evans, GA. - 11112677
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Assist construction/paving crew with various duties such as; shoveling and raking, running wheelbarrow, safely backing/dumping trucks into paver.
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and materials with shovel.
- Follow direction of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- May be called upon to run small power tools such as jack hammer.
- Digs, spreads, and levels construction materials.
- Lifts, carries and holds material, tools and supplies.
- Assists in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree GED is preferred.
- Previous related experience in the construction field.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in construction and paving.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- CDL preferred but not required.
- Ability to operate various types of heavy equipment that may include but not limited to Truck, Car, Loader, Backhoe, and Asphalt Paving Equipment.
Laborer A02* (Rpt) Officers' Club
Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS) is looking for the best and brightest to join our Team! MCCS is a comprehensive program that supports and enhances the quality of life for Marines, their families, and others in the Marine Corps Community. We offer a team oriented environment comprised of military personnel, civilian employees, contractors and volunteers who keep the organization functioning smoothly and effectively.
Learn more about this agency
Performs the following duties: Loads and unloads heavy boxes, bulky supplies and materials to and from trucks, dollies, etc.
Moves heavy boxes or cartons by hand, hand-truck, or dolly. Stacks boxes and cartons where directed. Cleans kitchen equipment such as worktables, sinks, and refrigerators.
Scrapes, soaks, scours, and scrubs dishes, pots, and pans. Loads and operates dish washers and washes dishes by hand. Sets up and cleans banquet rooms and dining rooms to include moving, arranging furniture and vacuuming.
Cleans restrooms. May shovel sand or dirt from sidewalks. Collects and empties garbage and trash.
May drive a motor vehicle to and from work sites on an as needed basis for the sole purpose of moving supplies and/or food from one location to another. May be required to wash program vehicles.
Provides World Class Customer Service with an emphasis on courtesy. Assists customers and communicates positively in a friendly manner.
Takes action to solve problems quickly. Alerts the higher-level supervisor or proper point of contact for help when problems arise. Adheres to safety regulations and standards.
Promptly reports any observed workplace hazards, and any injury, occupational illness, and/or property damage resulting from workplace mishaps to the immediate supervisor. Adheres to established standards of actively supporting the principles of the EEO program and prevention of sexual harassment.
Performs other related duties as required.
25% or less - Varies
Job family (Series)
HelpRequirements Conditions of Employment
- See Duties and Qualifications
Skills and Knowledge:
Knowledge and skill sufficient to run automatic dish machines and to operate minor hand tools requiring the same level of knowledge and skill.
Knowledge and skill sufficient to read signs, and follow simple oral and written instructions. Ability to work safely while moving light to heavy weight objects. Possession of, or ability to obtain and maintain a current, valid state driver's license is required.
Responsibility: Works with specific oral and written instructions.
Worker is called upon to use continual care, due to the nature of tools and equipment used, and the weight of objects handled. After receipt of instructions, worker may complete duties involving several distinct tasks or steps independently (e.g., washing and dishes, unloading supplies, moving them to specified locations and stacking them).
Physical Effort: Exerts moderately heavy physical effort in doing such tasks as occasionally lifting and carrying heavy objects; frequently lifting and carrying moderately heavy objects; and frequently pushing heavy furniture, loaded carts, etc. Lifts and carries objects up to 45 lbs independently and objects over 45 lbs with assistance.
Working Conditions: Work may be performed outdoors, occasionally in bad weather, involving exposure to extreme temperatures.
Indoor working conditions may expose the worker to drafts, noise, dust and dirt and require standing on concrete floors for long periods. The tools, equipment, and heavy objects involved occasionally present chances of serious injury.
As a part of our growth LKQ is looking for a dedicated and passionate Quality Control Tech with knowledge of replacement parts for a Quality Control Tech. The Quality Control Tech must have some experience in car repair and parts. The Quality Control Tech will be responsible for the loading, unloading, and sorting of cores coming into the location, giving an accurate count on each load. The Quality Control Tech will also be required to ensure each trailer is loaded correctly and to maximum capacity and confirm paperwork is accurate and turned into the manager for each yard. If you enjoy working hard, are able to lift and carry heavy objects, and working with happy, enthusiastic individuals, you'll enjoy a career with us!
Essential Job Duties:
Unloads and loads of cores coming into the location, giving an accurate count on each load.
Sort the cores as required via various information given; cores for production, and bumpers.
Remove all metal on bumpers that have been set aside from the sort, using the tools provided.
Identify the bumpers via part number or stamping number from the information provided by Keystone Automotive.
Loading and stacking, correctly of the cores staged at the location. Ensuring each trailer is loaded correctly and to maximum capacity.
Ensuring the proper paperwork is accurate and turned into the manager for each yard
Sweeping out of the trailers if necessary
Operation of the Stationary Grinder and other equipment as required.
Support when necessary the loading of the shredded material produced by the Stationary Grinder.
Initiate and support the continual improvement of LKQ Corporation/Keystone Automotive Industries' quality improvement system.
Assume other duties as assigned.
LKQ Corporation (NYSE: LKQ), an S&P 500 and Fortune 500 company, is a leading global value-added distributor of vehicle repair parts and accessories. The Company is the leading North American provider of recycled automotive and aftermarket collision parts as well as specialty accessories for automobiles, trucks, recreational and performance vehicles.
LKQ Europe, with operations located in 15 countries, collectively is the largest distributor of automotive aftermarket mechanical repair parts and related products in Europe, holding leading market positions in the United Kingdom, Italy, The Netherlands, The Czech Republic and Slovakia. Globally, the Company has more than 1,100 operating locations and 40,000 employees.
LKQ has an entrepreneurial, growth orientated culture and since 2005 consolidated revenue has grown at a compound annual rate of 28%. Come join the family and be LKQ Proud!
Competitive Pay 401k Plan with generous employer match
Insurance Plans for (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability)?
Paid Holiday leave days and a Paid Time Off Program
A top-notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career
Responsible for performing tasks involving physical labor at building, highway, and heavy construction projects, tunnel and shaft excavations, and demolition sites operating hand and power tools of all types including air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment and a variety of other equipment and instruments, cleaning and preparing sites, digging trenches, cleaning up rubble and assisting other craft workers
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Promote and comply with all Company and safety policies and procedures
Perform a variety of functions such as dig, spread and level dirt and gravel with a pick or shovel
Lift, carry and hold building materials, tools and supplies
Clean tools, equipment, materials and work areas
Mix, pour and place concrete, gravel and other materials using hand tools
Join, wrap and seal sections of pipe
Perform a variety of routine, non-machine tasks, such as removing forms from set concrete, filling expansion joints with caulking and rebar placement
General cleanup, demolition, use of cutting torch, jackhammers and placing culvert or pipe sections in trench
Spend time on one job or may be transferred from task to task as the project progresses to completion
May be required to travel to different jobsites on limited notice
Maintain an appropriate appearance
Other duties as assigned by Foreman or Superintendent
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected by the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working toward Wanzek's Zero Injury principles
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
Add and subtract two digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10's and 100's ability to perform these operations using units weight measurement and volume
Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form
Be able to work within precise standards of accuracy and follow set procedures and standards
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
salary:$9.50 - $11 per hour
date posted:Friday, September 21, 2018
job type:Temp to Perm
Randstad's premier staffing agency is now hiring for a Production Laborer that will be responsible for performing established procedures and guidelines to form a variety of simple, manual tasks that form part of a production process; loads materials into production machines; removes packs and sorts raw materials or finished products; collects and disposes of garbage and production waste; cleans production equipment and work areas. Individual contributor that performs established procedures and will typically be considered semi-skilled through on-the-job experience; resolves routine issues with senior staff or supervisory guidance and approval.
Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight
Use appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand as needed
Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies
Work in a safe, efficient manner, adhering to company safety policies
Use mobile handheld devices to scan and track shipments
Working hours: 1:45 PM - 11:00 PM
Basic written and verbal communication skills
Ability to do basic math calculations, with and without a calculator
Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends due to varying freight volumes
Ability to lift freight and other objects up to 50 lbs.
A positive attitude and the ability to work in a team to achieve goals and objectives
1 year of experience in a warehouse environment
Experience using a scan gun
For more information call Kevin at or email Kevin at
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Entry Level Laborer
A manufacturing client of ours in Athens, NY is seeking Laborers for an entry level position. This company is looking for employees who would be picking up metals less than 50 pounds and re-stacking on racks less than 3 feet tall.
This is a temporary, 5-week assignment. It is Monday-Friday, 7am-4:30pm AND Saturday, 7am-3:30pm. You must be able to work all 6 days it is a great opportunity for overtime!
Pay rate is $12 per hour.
Please apply if you are interested!
Employees must be able to lift 50lbs, stand for long periods of time, and pay strong attention to detail.
You must also have steel toed boots.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!