Laborer Wood Preserving Plant Job Description Sample
Outside Plant (Osp) Field Technicians – Construction Managers (Coax/Fiber) - Long Island Ny..
We are currently recruiting for Outside Plant (OSP) Field Technicians – Construction Managers (Coax/Fiber) for a long term project based on Long Island, NY (Covering all of Long Island, NY). We are looking to staff 3 person (OSP Construction, Installer Splicer and Drivers) teams in Full-time or contract roles.
- Collect data from the field to be used in determining a design, including all required OSP features
- Collect pole information to be used for telecommunication fiber network design
- Determine ideal locations for above ground facilities
- Conduct underground (UG) and Aerial cable layout surveys
- Develop accurate fiber network construction surveys
- Conduct substructure site surveys
- Determine new and existing locations for fiber optic cables
- Ensure measurements conducted accurately depict construction routes
- Identify issues in the field that could impact network design
- Identify assumed public ROW and visually identify existing utilities; provide suggestions regarding construction methods within ROW
- Identify potential cable moves, as well as guy and anchor requirements to allow for new cable attachments
- Efficiently and effectively account for all information necessary to attach a pole and complete measurements and photos
- Knowledge of telecommunications construction techniques, including outside plant construction techniques, cable routing and fiber networking
- Knowledge of construction methods within ROW, including the knowledge necessary to identify assumed public ROW and visually identify existing utilities
- Familiarity with make-ready construction
- Knowledge of cable moves, as well as guy and anchor requirements, that allow for new cable attachments
- Knowledge of fiber construction operations, management, and provisioning
- Knowledge of power attachments and separation requirements, as well as the ability to determine communication line attachments and owners.
Outside Plant (OSP) Field Technicians – Construction Managers (Coax/Fiber), Broadband/ Construction, Aerial Lineman, Coax, Fiber, OSP, Bucket truck, Lineman, Outside plant construction. Fiber, FTTH, FTTP, Aerial and underground cable plant deployments, GPS Data Collection, Installation of Fiber optic and Coax cables. You must have the ability to pass a Background, DMV and Drug Screen. You should have the ability to safely lift 75 pounds and work in an outdoor environment.
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Are you physically able, hardworking and motivated? Do you like working outside and making a difference? Do you want to work for a great family friendly company? If so, we are looking for you! Olshan Foundation Repair is the premier foundation repair company in the United States and has immediate openings for construction laborers that know how to drive.
Our Beliefs and our Culture:
At Olshan, we believe that hiring the most qualified people with the right skill set and mindset, such as yourself, allows us to deliver the highest quality foundation services and a best in class customer experience.
Our company culture is centered on being family oriented; we teach, learn, and motivate one another. We are looking for team members that want to make a difference in the lives of other team members as well as our customers. Our reputation is built on honesty, integrity, quality craftsmanship and customer service. As an employer, we are committed to employee satisfaction, job safety and professional growth.
A Normal day includes:
- Driving to and from the jobsite
- Excavating, digging, shoring and backfilling
- Loading and unloading materials
- Safely operating company equipment
- Preparing and cleaning the job sites
- Appropriately represent the company
- Working long hours under variable weather conditions
- Some overnight travel may be required
- Other duties as required
What else is required
- Previous experience with foundation repair, crawl space repair and wood replacement
What are the typical working conditions for this job?
- Heavy lifting up to 90 pounds with fellow team members
- Continuously standing for up to 10 or more hours a day
- Physically demanding with repetitive motions such as bending, stooping and lifting
- Insurance available upon completion of measurement period
- Overtime pay available
- We care about our workers, that's why we offer tuition reimbursement
Outside Plant (Osp) Field Technicians / Engineers (Tulsa, OK Area)
We are looking for individuals that are comfortable doing Field surveys and make ready design.
You should have solid experience designing OSP systems in the commercial market, including Fiber To The Home FTTH deployments. This includes aerial and underground cable systems, splicing, testing, termination, cable placement, heavy construction/infrastructure, and aerial make ready tasks.
Outside Plant Engineer, OSP Engineer, Fiber, Field survey, Design and Installation.
Make Ready Engineering, FTTX, Design pole verification, parcel verification, design verification, utility verification, routing obstacles, aerial to underground percentage verification, ROW. QC/QA, Outside Plant Construction (OSP) - aerial and underground, Fiber, National Electrical Safety Code (NESC), Cable, Rural Utilities Service codes (RUS), telecommunication architectures, optical transport equipment, Utilities, HUTs, Bicsi
TekCom Resources, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- POSITION SUMMARY:
The Plant Manager isresponsible for and directs overall management of a high-volume recycling plant activities. Specific responsibilities include Safety, Production Planning, Quality Assurance, Equipment, Facilities Maintenance, Shipping, Buying, Receiving, Human Resources and other production-related activities. Directs planning to assure optimum performance related to space utilization, inventory availability, plant and productivity cost efficiencies. The Plant Manager is responsible for developing processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality, productivity and drive continuous improvement for optimization of all processes. Must develop a collaborative partnership with Human Resources in managing all employee relations programs and issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties:
- Personally demonstrate and cultivate a “Safety First” culture in the plant
- Strive to ensure that all employees are aware of, and continuously coached on the importance of company safety processes, and how they benefit from a safe working environment
- Evaluating practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards (including OSHA, EPA, etc.)
- Direct, review, and file, “Daily Safety Huddle” and Lead OSHA monthly safety training and properly file documentation
- Ensure that all employees that are operating forklifts, have had the proper OSHA required training, and have a certification filed on site
- Create daily production plan that ensures maximum production efficiency to insure the total plant objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Manage and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expense to achieve daily efficiency goals
- Maintain knowledge of customer’s material specifications and document all material rejections by customers
- Ensure that all material that can possibly be upgraded / regraded is being handled in such a way to maximize margin
- Assure the reliability and consistency of production by checking processes and final output
- Appraise customers’ requirements for all materials and make sure they are satisfied
- Perform outbound material audits to ensure a quality product is being delivered to the customer
Equipment and Facilities Maintenance
- Ensure that all equipment is being maintained to manufacturers specifications and fast reaction/response to repair calls are being handle timely to minimize downtime.
- Provide safety initiatives and promotes safety and housekeeping initiatives.
- Provide facility maintenance and preventive maintenance programs and training
- Keep up-to-date all necessary business licenses and occupancy permits, as well as fire suppression system inspections, and any other licenses needed to operate the facility
- Responsible and accountable for the integrity the total plant and providing an effective, safe work environment.
- Prepare daily inventories of material ready to ship and report to the marketing group, via the RMR virtual board
- Review, document and approve all PTO and time cards prior to submitting to payroll
- Collaborate and document all discussions with employees concerning safety, pay, employee relations with Human Resources
- Partner with Human Resources to ensure that all employees get requested information and/or concerns addressed by
Travel Demands: Anticipated travel is approximately 10%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ in related industry is a plus
- Must be proficient in a variety of computer software applications, including advanced technical skills in Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change in the face of adversity; to challenge the status quo constructively
- Self-directed, action-oriented, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards
- Developed intellectual capacity and strategy skills
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple projects, concurrently, build consensus and the ability to work under pressure
- Accomplished in managing to, and reporting, key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Works well with others, builds positive and professional relationships within and across teams, and collaborates effectively.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following. The competencies listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
- Work Standards- Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Safety and Environmental Performance Awareness- Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety and environmental protection.
- Planning & Organizing- Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Building a Successful Team- Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team goals.
- Continuous Improvement- Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impact.
Read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical or governmental documents. Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and the public.
Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Compute rate, ratio and percent, and draw and interpret bar graphs.
Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.[WC1]
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reason accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in an office and in the field. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs light work; exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 15 pounds of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Concentration/Attention to Detail (Constant) Vision (Close, Constant)
Sitting (Frequently) Verbal Communication (Frequent)
Standing (Frequently) Walking (Occasionally)
Hearing/Listening (Frequently)The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor/manager.
STD, LTD, Basic Life
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) – Healthcare and Dependent Care
401(k)PTO & Holiday
Wood Finisher Machine Operators Needed 2Nd Shift!!
Wood Workers Needed:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Set up, operate, and tend all types of woodworking machines, such as saws, milling machines, drill presses, lathes, shapers, routers, sanders, planers, and wood-fastening machines.
Operators will set up the equipment, cut and shape wooden parts, and verify dimensions, using a template, caliper, and rule.
Any \ All candidates should have some knowledge of the machines being used and must be comfortable using them. Candidates will be tested & screened on 1st shift initially then transitioned over to 2nd shift.
Monday - Friday (8 hrs per day plus overtime)
Hours = 4:00 pm to 2:00 am
Types of Machine they will be operating = Table Saws, Sanders, Drill Bit Machines, Buffers etc.
Loader\Unloader / Plant Worker
We are seeking an Environmental Technician I that can under general supervision, performs routine and frequent manual and heavy labor tasks to properly treat, store, pack, transport and/or dispose of hazardous waste in accordance with environmentally responsible and cost effective practices and company policies, practices and procedures.
• Consolidates material for shipped for off-site treatment.
• Completes paperwork properly and timely.
• May assist in maintaining inventory and storage of hazardous materials in accordance with appropriate regulations and policies, practices, and procedures.
• Follows and understands all Health & Safety /Job Safety Analysis (JSA’s) procedures as outlined in the procedures and policies.
• Operates fork trucks to move materials for storage and loading and unloading.
• Collects samples of inbound waste for analysis.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education equivalent to a High school diploma or equivalent.
Safe driving record is required.
General Farm Laborer - Wolcott NY
The General Farm Laborer (Flex Team) in Wayne County is responsible for a variety of jobs on a poultry farm in Wolcott, NY. The work primarily includes tasks associated with pullets (young chickens) along with layer hens. These duties include:
-barn washing and sanitizing
-and other duties as needed.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, reliable and dependable, possess good mechanical aptitude, and a desire to work in a physical job. CDL class A license is preferred but not required. Flexibility to work in many areas of the operation and with various personnel is required. Flexibility to work a lot of overtime on a fairly regular basis is required (often 55-60 hours per week).
*In order to communicate quickly and effectively, we will send email communications/updates to you.
Please be sure to check your email inbox to stay updated with our progress on this position. Thank you!*
Mechanically inclined. Likes physical farm work, and being a productive member of a critical team on our farm.
Paid OT available (1 1/2 time).
Time Benefits Include:
Health, dental, vision Insurances, 401K, paid time off, and FREE farm fresh eggs!
- 5+ years of experience managing precision Machining operation (must)
- Understanding of manufacturing Financials (P&L, budgets, etc.) (must)
- Prefer someone that has been site-responsible
- Hands-on leadership style
- Track record of achieving target KPIs
- Great opportunity for someone to run a plant like their own company
- Stability and Growth
- Great pay and benefits
SAP Plant Maintenance Consultant
Role: SAP Plant Maintenance Consultant
Exp : 8+yrs
Location: Malta, NY
Experience in Hi-Tech industry involving:
8+ years of experience in SAP PM analysis, design, and experience developing custom SAP solutions in SAP ERP Central Component (ECC PM)
Candidate must have very strong PM and EAM knowledge
8+ years’ experience with SAP Plant Maintenance
4+ full life cycle implementations
Experience leading teams
Experience with S/4 HANA preferred
Experience on SAP ECC 6.0 EhP 3-8 Enterprise Asset Management.
Knowledge on SAP S/4 HANA Asset Management
Design scalable, performance optimal and re-usable solution to meet specific business requirements in Plant Maintenance and EAM
SAP master data maintenance relevant for SAP PM and EAM
Develop functional specifications, testing, and documentation
Develop custom reports and interfaces, Perform Proof-of-concept and prototyping activities whenever required
Raise SAP OSS messages and follow-up on standard SAP issues until closure
Work with client to qualify the business requirement and translate/document to instructions for developers and testers
Finalize Functional design and fix issues Experience designing SAP solutions using SAP RICEFW (Report Interface, Conversion, Enhancements, Forms and workflow) objects in SAP PM
Participate in Designing, creating Functional Specs, Test Scripts, Testing, Cutover etc.
Performs PP/PM configuration checks and recommends changes when necessary
Support security design and maintenance as required, including oversight of approvals for PP/PM, ensuring they meet organizational standards
Provide SAP subject matter expertise in SAP PM to lines of business and ensure best practices are adapted
Release Management for new applications / bug fixes
Must be able to multi-task and work on parallel items at the same time
Proficiency in Cross Application Integration with PP, MM, Finance, Procurement functionality
Active participation in root-cause analysis and troubleshooting of issues
Good understanding of external interfaces and IDOC processes
Knowledge in configuration, development and maintenance of SAP Plant Maintenance
Willing to share knowledge and participate in knowledge-sharing sessions within the team from time-to-time
Provide knowledge transfer to Production Support team after project go-live
Need to be prepared to offer help and expertise to Production Support team for any urgent production issue
Pls send me your updated resumes to email@example.com
Thanks and Regards
16801 Newburgh Road Suite#112, Livonia, MI-48154,USA
Materials Manager / Automotive Plant
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!