Lace Winder Job Description Sample
3Rd Shift Winder Operator
- Tends winding machine that rolls lengths of floor covering between various stages of processing, working as member of a crew: Removes spindle from dolly and positions spindle in winding machine, using power hoist.
- Pulls end of floor covering sheet through winder and secures sheet to empty spindle, using tape.
- Starts machine, and regulates speed of winder to maintain even winding.
- Adjusts tension rolls on machine and sets yardage counter, using hand-tools.
- Examines material for pinholes, using magnifying glass.
- Stops machine when splices reach winder, indicating end of roll.
- Tears or cuts spliced section, tapes end of sheet to prevent unwinding, and removes full spindle of floor covering from machine.
- Records locations of pinholes and other imperfections on card and attaches card to full spindle.
- May stop machine during winding and cut out designated defective sections of floor covering.
- 3rd Shift
- $12.00/hr. plus $.60 shift differential
Ac/Dc Motor Winder
Brick Staffing is seeking an Electric Motor Winder client in Cleveland, OH. Candidate must have prior experience rewinding various types of electro-mechanical equipment.
· Inspect various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions.
· Test condition of windings according to EASA standards.
· Illustrate and/or document all relevant data specific to unit's electro-magnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage, or intended serviceability.
· Dismantle and/or strip damaged or unserviceable electro-mechanical equipment.
· Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, structural damage, or unusual conditions.
· Rewind various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment, including, but not limited to: single-phase, three-phase, dc fields, armatures, wound rotors and synchronous fields. Observe proper insulating techniques and/or requirements during rewinding.
· Test rewound electro-mechanical equipment according to EASA standards and document test results.
· Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
· Operate specialized repair and testing equipment, including, but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, bake ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems, and various hand-held power and non-power tools.
· Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective equipment (including safety goggles/glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots, etc.).
· Preferred level of education: High school diploma or equivalent.
· Preferred level of experience: 5+ years of relevant experience.
· Mechanical aptitude.
· Ability to work alone or within a team.
· Focused on safety and quality.
· Positive attitude.
· Ability to understand, perform and retain various skill-related training and operation and safety procedures.
Electric Motor Winder
Electric Motor & Contracting Company, Inc. is one of the largest independently owned repair facilities for electrical rotating machinery in the United States. Our facility is equipped with the most modern and technically advanced equipment available. EMC serves a variety of industries including power generation, hydrocarbon, chemical processing, water resources, marine, pulp and paper, mining, and nuclear.
• Knowledge of rewinding 3 phase form coil and random wound stators
• Knowledge of rewinding DC armatures and fields
• Familiarity with electrical test equipment (i.e. surge tester, low resistance bridge, multimeter, megohmeter, ampmeter, voltmeter)
• Familiarity with electrical tests (i.e. surge test, hi-pot test, checking polarity and resistance on windings, taking megger readings).
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Must provide own basic hand tools (testing equipment is provided by the company).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and able to stand/walk for extended periods.
• Must be willing to work overtime.
• Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.
Our company prides itself on:
-Maintaining a clean, state of the art facility
-Providing quality service to our customers
-Employing and retaining great people
Our company offers an excellent benefits package that includes:
-Paid vacation and holidays
-Health, life, and dental insurance
-Short term and long term disability
-401K and profit sharing
-Uniforms provided by the company
Salary history or requirements are to be provided with all inquiries.
Check out our web site to learn more about our business.
Employment Service Connection is seeking experienced candidates for Coil Winders Machine Operation position
*Must have prior coil/winding machine experience.
- Perform mechanical assembly / coil winding machine operation according to the standard operating procedures and instructions based on lean manufacturing philosophy (KANBAN, one piece flow, Ishikawa diagrams).
- Use blue prints, work instructions and schematics to perform assembly operations.
- Use basic measuring, hand (impact wrenches, torques wrenches) and power tools as necessary for the assembly of specific parts. May use overhead cranes and forklift.
- Maintain communication with the quality department to ensure work passes inspection and is ready for shipment timely. Use the non-conformity report to track any issue. Be involved in improvement group if it is request in order to solve any issue.
- Follow the plan and schedule defined by the supervisor and production department.
- Cross train in different workstations
- May conduct electrical tests if needed.
- Ensure tasks are performed according to organizational requirements for quality management and environmental, health and safety standards, policies and procedures.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Experience performing mechanical assembly in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must have good verbal and written communication and comprehension skills
- Must have attention to detail and be able to perform basic math calculations
- The ability to thrive in a team environment, and to be able to work with necessary supervision
- Must have the ability to follow detailed instructions, blueprints, and the ability to interpret measurements.
- Experience using measuring devices and power tools (torque guns and hand tools) is required.
- Electrical and mechanical aptitude is required
Our values are guiding principles, which inspire and support us in our daily work to achieve the best solutions for our employees and our customers.
Our vision is to help as many people as possible find good jobs, by helping as many clients as possible find good people for their staffing needs.
Our partnership approach is very unique, yet simple. Each candidate we are able to put on assignment becomes an internal customer of ours. We realize without them, who/what are we? They are the core of our business!
Electric Motor Winder AND Mechanic
Electric Motor Winder
Leppert-Nutmeg, Inc. is an established Electric Motor/Generator Company in northern Connecticut. Our service area encompasses the Northeastern United States.
We are looking for experienced ELECTRIC MOTOR/GENERATOR WINDERS who are looking to excel.
Our winding department handles rewinds from small single phase AC motors up thru 13.8KV Generators.
If you are looking for something new and different, this is the place. Come learn from winders with 25, 30 even 40 years of experience.
The right candidates should have the following skill set:
· Attention to detail
· Strong safety record
· Team player
· Experience with AC low voltage random windings
· Experience with medium voltage a plus
· Experience with high voltage a plus, plus
The individual will refurbish, test and rewind AC/DC motors and generators.
Must work well in a team environment, have attention to detail and strong safety awareness. Must be willing to work flexible hours as required, including working on site.
We are also looking for SKILLED MECHANICS responsible for disassembly and assembly of motors and generators.
Possible room for advancement within the company for the right individuals.
Excellent pay and benefits with a competitive compensation package. Including quality health insurance. Flexible Spending Plans and 401(K). Paid vacation after 1 year. 10 paid Holidays. Uniforms.
Starting pay is bases on experience, $20-$25/hr.
Must be reliable and flexible to work demands with possible overtime requirements
Job benefits include employer sponsored medical plans, 401k plan, paid holiday and vacation, company uniforms and medical flexible spending plan
Winder Operator (Machine Op) 12 Hour Shifts
Day Star Staffing, LLC.
Day Star Staffing employees over 3,000 people yearly across seven different states. We are former educators, friends and family with a mission: to operate an industrial staffing company motivated by more than just the bottom line – we want to make a real difference. And we do that by treating job seekers and clients like a member of our team. We treat people like people, not like numbers. Everyone in our offices shares in our success!
At Day Star we have a client-based approach. We tailor everything specific to the client.
- Handle finished product (coils of plastic strapping)
- These coils can weigh from 25-60 lbs., and will be lifted and packed consistently throughout 12-hour shift.
- Requires standing for entire 12-hour shift
- Requires significant attention to detail
- $14.00-$15.00/hr with regular raises upon performance review
- Dental, health & life insurance, paid holidays/vacations, 401K with company match, production and attendance incentive programs – available after completion of temporary period
- 12 hour shifts (rotating schedule)
- Night Shift:
- With rotating shift schedule, paychecks alternate between 36 hours and 48 hours (40 hours regular, 8 hours OT)
- High School Diploma/GED (or equivalent)
- 2 years of employment in manufacturing setting
- Forklift experience preferred
- Ability to utilize computer system scanner for inventory tracking
- Must submit to drug screen and criminal BG check
To view other openings please check out Jobs.DayStarStaffing.com
Immediate Need For Overnight Winder Production Workers
What We Offer:
Starting pay of $10.00+ hour
Referral Bonus and Employee Recognition Feast Days
Conveniently located in Winder, GA
Health benefits with temp to hire
Weekly Pay with an option of early pay
Job growth and training of new machines
Opportunity for full-time with overtime offered every week
What We Are Looking For:
High school diploma or GED required
Minimum of 1+ years of manufacturing experience
Ability to work in a manufacturing environment and stand for at least 10-12 hours daily
Mechanical and electrical knowledge preferred
Ability to work in fast paced environment
Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may require some weekends and overtime
Must be able to work a 8-12 hour shifts
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds when performing job tasks
What You’ll Do as an Eco Bulk and Drum Container Technician:
Work individually at a production station or at an assembly station as part of a group, to perform operations on various parts according to specifications and build schedules.
Make own job changes and routine adjustments required for changeover and operation.
Conduct and record performance tests, makes final adjustments and checks defects using testing equipment as required.
Identify, unload, unpack, check, store, gather and/or put up orders on all types of material and supplies received from outside suppliers for delivery in the factory or for return to suppliers and utilizes equipment to perform related recording of data as required.
Gather, package, assemble shipping cartons, determine shipping and packing method, weighs, labels and computes postage to prepare service parts or assemblies according to specified orders for shipment from the factory and utilizes computerized equipment to perform related recording of data as required.
Build and assemble shipping containers, pallets or crates and gathers and prepare parts, assemblies, supplies for materials according to specified orders for shipment from the factory and utilize computerized equipment to record related data as required.
Use motorized vehicle, hoists and/or handling equipment to handle and transport material, skids, containers and racks as required, and move loads of production parts between staging areas and/or machining work stations. May access computer to locate/store parts.
Clean plant floors after and making sure work area is cleaned before starting
Lubricate, clean and perform preventative maintenance and minor repair as necessary.
Perform training, cross-training and the rotation of jobs, and fill-in when necessary.
Receive general instructions from supervisor.
Perform other miscellaneous duties inherent to the job.
Observe all safety rules and regulations in the performance of job duties
Once hired full time, our client site has only a 4 month waiting period for successful new hires. No longer will you wait past your agreement with Ark to get hired on. Our client has agreed to keep up with work performance and inform us of contract agreements.
We can guarantee they offer one of the best healthcare plans (affordable for a family of 3. As well as paid holidays, floating holidays, time and attendance re-start after each quarter, employee appreciation days, 401k matches and profit sharing.
Be apart of a great team who listens to your concerns and answers your call---not just voicemails
Our recruiters and employees enjoy the caring, cooperative team environment created and maintained by our experienced management team. The company offers various placement options Temp, Temp-to-Perm and Permanent to assure the right fit for our clients. Focused on contingent workforce management of Office, Professional and Labor segment occupations.
Electro Magnet Coil Winder
Magnetic Lifting Technologies US, is the country's leading manufacturer of electro lifting magnets and components. We manufacturer, remanufacturer, repair, service and inspect magnets of any manufacturer. Based in New Castle, PA, MLTUS is looking for an experienced Magnet Coil Winder to work in its brand new 35,000 sf manufacturing facility.
- We prefer experience in winding Electro Magnet coils
- Must possess some carpentry skills, be proficient in math and have a penchant for attention to details
- Knowledge in winding copper and aluminum wire and ribbon coils
If you have experience working with electro magnets, we want to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a competitive compensation plan and benefits.
- Competitive salary which is commensurate upon experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package including
- Health (majority paid for by the company)
- 401k with company match
Learn more about us at WWW.MLTUS.COM.
Electric Motor Winder
Motor Winder- Matlock Electric Co., Inc. - Norwood, OH
Matlock Electric, a leading provider of electric motor sales and service, is seeking winders interested in a good opportunity, a good job.
If you have prior experience with electric motor winding, we are interested in speaking with you. Matlock may have the opportunity you seek.
If you have a mechanical aptitude and are wiling to learn. We are willing to train an individual. As your success would be considered our success
This is a full time position working Monday through Friday from approx. 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with some overtime available.
Minimum level of education: High School Diploma preferred
Ability to understand, perform and retain various skill-related training and operational and safety procedures demonstrated by a knowledgeable supervisor.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to:
· Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Regularly lift; stand; walk; use hands, to handle, or feel and reach with in arms length.
· Have ability for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Rewind various kinds of electric motors.
Inspect various kinds of electric motors for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions.
Test condition of windings.
Illustrate and/or document all relevant data specific to unit’s characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage, or intended serviceability.
Dismantle and/or strip damaged or unserviceable field frames or cores.
Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, structural damage or unusual conditions.
Rewind various kinds of electric motors, including but not limited to: single phase, three-phase, DC fields, armatures, wound rotors, and transformers.
Observe proper insulating techniques and/or requirements during rewinding.
Test rewound electromechanical equipment and document test results.
Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
Operate specialized repair and testing equipment, including but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems, and various handheld power and non-power tools.
Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye and ear protection).
Keep work area neat and clean as directed by supervisor.
Perform other skilled and non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor.
Matlock offers predictive maintenance services including vibration analysis, infrared thermography, PdMA and Baker Testing to our customers.
Matlock Electric serving the midwest since 1920.
Winder Operator III
Winder Operator III
Job ID: 4094
Functional Area: MANUFACTUR
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Relocation Provided: No
Location: GRIFFIN, GA
Education Required: High School or GED Preferred
Experience Required: None
Hours of Work: 12 hour shifts/8a-8p/8p-8a
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for operation of extrusion equipment; including but not limited to, product quality, following all SOCs, winder flips, box making, core and resin supply constancy. Must comply with all safety, quality, GMPs, productivity and cleanliness standards.
Responsible meeting production and product requirements in accordance with the scheduled work order(s).
Makes boxes and waxes cores to be used to fulfill work order requirements on production line.
Ensure adequate raw material (compound) levels are available to consistently run line.
Performs first piece, periodic and finished roll quality checks: such as, roll weight, width, footage, stretch, core length, packaging and other quality inspections in accordance with Quality Line Report.
When applicable, and directed by work order, complete quality check on every roll.
Assists Production Techs in making changeovers, line thread-up, screen changes and other set-up tasks needed to getting production lines in operation.
Responsible for accurately completing and recording production data on work order paperwork.
All other assignments, general and specific, as directed by Supervision
Responsible for working safely, cleanly and ethically. Follow all plant PPE requirements, safety rules and policies. Reports unsafe conditions to supervisor immediately.
Responsible for maintaining general area housekeeping and recording its completion in the daily cleaning logs.
Responsible for following all GMPs to assure food product safety.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: This job description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified for the purpose of job evaluation.It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive title to every function described.
- Although certain positions have specific tasks and responsibilities with respect to food safety, the food safety and quality of all products manufactured by Berry is the responsibility of every Berry employee. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!