Lacer Job Description Sample
Industrial Service Technician
We are currently seeking enthusiastic candidates for our Industrial Service Technician (IST) position. The successful candidate will become a member of a responsive team that help keep our customer’s distribution centers fully operational. You experience will determine your assignments and we will be considering all levels of experience.
This position is available for the quality minded person that has the skill sets to address a variety of technical problems that may be encountered within an industrial automation facility. The position requires a person that can accommodate a flexible work schedule involving extensive traveling throughout the country (concentration on the western US), and someone who can address an emergency situation that at times, can include early morning hours.
The prime candidate will have worked with conveyor systems although candidates with maintenance and repair experience on other forms of industrial mechanical equipment will be seriously considered. The IST must be able to read plans and wiring diagrams and have the ability to learn and use specialty tools and meters. The candidate must be able to communicate clearly, and in various forms with the customers, service crew leads and Service Manager.
Higher level positions exist for those with extensive mechanical and electrical skills and have basic PLC and GDU knowledge. These higher-level positions are open to candidates with demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience.
Most importantly, all candidates must be convincing in his or her willingness to adhere to the safety requirements mandated by OSHA and all company safety policies.
Compensation and work duties will be dependent on previous work experience and demonstrated skill levels as mentioned in this job listing. We are seeking candidates located in the Northern California area but will consider all applicants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, electrical and programming issues related to distribution equipment such as conveyors and related components.
- Follow daily instructions from Service Manager or Service Crew Leads and Supervisors to dispatch, maintain and repair equipment failures.
- Safely use hand tools, power tools, welders, and specialty equipment on a daily basis to accomplish tasks.
- Follow instruction and work safely around high/low voltage circuits.
- Use electrical testing instruments such as but not limited to volt meters and Programming terminals to test panel components.
- Use of a “Smart Phone” or “Tablet” to send and receive emails and documentation.
- Track and maintain company tools and material.
- Organize work area and cleaning of field materials and tooling.
- Follow Company Code of Conduct and Safety Policies at all times.
- Weld using an “Arc” or “Mig” electric or gas welder a big plus!
- Inspect and drive company service vehicles.
- Fulltime 40HR+ work week position.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as required.
- Ability to travel for several days at a time.
- Ability to work early mornings if needed.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to receive and respond to after hour’s service calls when assigned to ASE call list. This may involve traveling several hours to facilities during the early morning.
- Be able to travel locally as required to perform work duties.
- Ability to perform tasks wearing required PPE.
- Ability to work well both as a team player and on individual tasks.
- Ability to use Power tools such as but not limited to a grinder, sawzall, band saw, drill, impact, skill saw, hammer drill, etc.
- Ability to use conveyor belt lacer and cutting tool.
- Be certified, or able to be certified to operate Fork Lift’s, Scissor lifts, Boom Lifts, and other heavy equipment as required.
- Participate in and abide by all safety related programs, trainings and activities.
- Ability to use a “Smart Phone” or “Tablet” to send and receive emails.
- Personal tool set for repairs (List available).
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or educational equivalent. Technical schooling preferred.
- Experience working with conveyor systems or other industrial equipment.
- Previous electrical and/or mechanical knowledge a plus.
- Clean driving record and the ability to drive company vehicles.
- Pass background, drug screen and E-verify checks.
- Experience working with conveyor systems or similar industrial machinery.
- Experience in reading and understanding plans, wiring diagrams and/or technical drawings.
- Have a high regard and ownership for personal safety and the safety of others.
- Knowledge of other construction trades a plus.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Strong work ethic.
- Self-starter, eager to learn and take on new tasks.
- “Arc” or “Mig” electric or gas welding experience a plus!
- Competitive wages (based on experience level)
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Medical and Dental health insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Travel Expenses
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: This employer is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourages applicants of all ages. We promote a drug free workplace.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!