Ladle Pourer Job Description Sample
2Nd Shift Iron Pourer
2nd shift Iron Pourer Needed!!!
$12 / hour
Immediate Openings!!! Xenia, Ohio area. Iron Pourer
2nd shift 4pm – midnight M-F
Set up molds to be poured
Shake-out molds using forklift or bobcat
Some lifting up to 75 lbs.
Must wear aluminized suits when pouring
No AC, very hot in summer months
• $12.00/hr to start
• $13.00/hr after 90 working days
• $575/mo benefit stipend after 90 working days
• Forklift/Bobcat experience a plus
• Good physical shape
• Pleasant personality
• Valid DL
• Able to Pass 10 panel drug screen
• High School Diploma or GED
Apply online www.expresspros.com submit to Beavercreek, Ohio
Apply in person Monday thru Friday 9am to 3pm @
810 Orchard Lane suite 101 Beavercreek, Ohio 45434
Metal Processing 1800516 Requisition # 10 hours ago Post Date
McConway & Torley, LLC, a Trinity Industries business, is a leading manufacturer of railcar coupling devices in North America.McConway & Torley, LLC is searching for Ladle Operator in our Pittsburgh, PA plant
As a Ladle Operator at McConway and Torley, you'll perform activities related to melting, casting, and tempering steel products.
What You'll do:
- Assist Ladle man on day to day operations
- Set the floor for pouring of heats
- Maintain the ladle work station (help to achieve a level 2 5s score)
- Make stopper rods
- Walk the train in and out
- Fill for order positions when needed
- High school diploma or GED.
- Open to work any shift and mandatory OT
- Industrial environment experience
- Safety, quality and production Goals oriented
Our Ladle Operators' can see the parts they ve built on railways across the country. As a Ladle Operator at McConway and Torley, you ll perform activities related to melting, casting, and tempering steel products.
What you'll do:
- EAF operation and maintenance
- Hook up charge buckets containing scrap metal
- Maintain ladles used for pouring steel
- Inspect ladles, tools and work area for hazards or deficiency s
- Repair refractory ladle lining
- Preheat ladles as needed
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in manufacturing environment
Pier Foundry & Pattern Shop, Inc. in St. Paul, MN is seeking committed, hard working and reliable individuals to work in heavy industrial manufacturing environment.
- Competitive Wages
- Excellent Benefit Package
- Motivated Team Environment
- Opportunity for Growth
· Iron Pourer – Split Shift
· Shifter/Line Tender – Split Shift
· Mold Machine Operator - Split Shift
These positions involve regular bending and lifting; continuous standing for long periods of time; pushing, pulling, and carrying of heavy parts and machines. Candidates must be able to lift 50 lbs. frequently and 0-30 lbs continuously.
Interested applicants may apply in person or mail resumes to:
Pier Foundry & Pattern Shop, Inc.
• Attention: Linda Nunez
• 51 State Street
• St. Paul, MN 55107
You may also respond to this ad to apply.
It has been and continues to be the policy of Pier Foundry to provide equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) to applicants and employees without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, status as a disabled, recently separated, Armed Forces service medal or other protected veteran (“covered veterans”), marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Pier Foundry & Pattern Shop, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
This well established Company, a manufacturer of Refractory Products to the Steel Industry, has 2 openings for Sales Reps in the Chicago and Detroit Areas.
Looking for Sales Reps with proven experience selling refractory products and services to the Steel Industry. Knowledge of Ladle Processes, Hot Mills and Continuous Casting Processes. Will manage existing accounts and introduce new products. Will value good customer relations and continue business development measures. Ability to understand customer needs and provide accurate information.
This person should have excellent computer and presentation skills.
BS DEGREE, BS ENGINEERING, BSBA or other B.S. degree required.
U. S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) required. No sponsorship available.
For additional details contact Steve Silianoff at 412-856-8000 or to apply send resume to email@example.com
Melt Shop General Laborer
TEMP TO HIRE POSITION
Performs a limited variety of repetitive auxiliary and supplemental duties pertaining primarily to servicing the ladle metallurgy station, the casting machine billet run-out area, ladles, electric arc furnace, and the brick crew operations. Follows clearly prescribed procedures and verbal instructions.
Primary Duties and
1. Work will involve simple tasks, routine and physical in nature, requiring some care to safely use heavy tools in digging out ladles, shoveling materials, taking temperatures, and obtaining samples at the LMS station, and when operating the forklift and bobcat.
2. Assist Operators when making alloy and slag additions, taking temperature, and assisting with lancing heats.
3. Assist the brick crew with removing refractories from used ladles, tundishes, etc. using heavy pry bars and pneumatic tools, shovel and dump out brick and slag refuse.
4. Assist in cleaning furnace and surrounding pit area, ladle car track area, tilt cylinders, casting spray changer, and billet run-out area during downtime using hand tools such as shovel, picks, crow bar, cutting torch, and broom.
5. Assist in hooking up, setting and unhooking ladles, materials, etc. in conjunction with crane.
6. Assist casting crew with torch cutting scrap billets when necessary.
7. Works and promotes all safety and 5’S standards
1. Assist furnace crew, ladle crew, and casting crew as necessary, cross-training in other melt shop jobs and performing other duties and assignments as required and directed.
2. Detect and report faulty material, environmental hazards, and/or improper operation of plant equipment or machinery; refer questionable and unusual matters to proper supervision. Maintain work area and equipment in a clear and orderly fashion. Follow all safety regulations and practices.
Description/Job Summary Under the supervision of the Melt Supervisor, performs various tasks within the Melt Department in the preparation of iron for molding operations per written and verbal process directions in a safe, efficient, and quality manner. Responsibilities/Duties 1. Melt employees perform tasks within the department, such as, preparation of cupola charges per process card information, powered crane operation, cupola and furnace operation, addition of additives and alloys, and general labor per department needs. 2.
May use various tools, such as, cranes, hammers, air hammers, thermometers, scales, and any other tool needed to perform required tasks. 3. Melt employees must follow all written and verbal safety and quality guidelines and procedures pertaining to the specific area as set forth by supervision and the Company. 4. Work areas must be kept clear of hazards and cleaned and prepared for the next shift at the end of the workday. 5.
Melt workers need to perform maintenance tasks on the cupola and modern induction furnace such as chipping out and relining, rebricking, spraying and ladle repair. These duties are usually done during non-production hours (weekends). 6. Inform supervisor of any operational and/or quality problems during operation. 7. Additional duties as may be required. Required Education Minimum of completion of the tenth (10) grade, high school. Required Qualifications * Must possess the ability to follow written and verbal directions.
Must have the ability to move freely from one area to another within the department, conform to physical requirements of the job, including ability to lift fifty pounds on a regular basis, stand in one area during shift hours, and operate all equipment in a safe manner.
Must be trained in safety requirements, including respiratory protection, PPE requirements and use, and any other safety requirements for employment at AAM – Browntown.
Furnace Operator/Material Handler
Prepares, operates, and controls furnace to refine or melt ore or metal to specified temperature, and changes controls to regulate the furnace and to maintain specified temperature.
Weighs out specified amounts of metal and charges metal into furnace by hand, using hoist, or by directing crane operator to charge furnace.
Observes color, fluidity of molten bath, and appearance of metal on bar, to estimate temperature, or measures temperature, using pyrometer.
Skims slag with rabble, dross hoe, or ladle. Lifts and transfers ladles of melt. Records data from each melt on form.
Samples materials and sends samples to laboratory for analysis.
May load molten metal into furnace, using transfer ladle.
May transport crucible or ladle to pouring station and pour metal into molds
- Requires frequent standing, walking, reaching, and grabbing
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to operate within a team atmosphere
- Experience working in a foundry environment is preferred
- Will be exposed to loud noises, dust, and heat (within work area)
- Ability to read and comprehend job procedures and training documentation
- Ability to effectively communicate with other employees of the organization
The company serves mainly the Building and Construction markets, but also supplies Service Centers and Federal and State Governmental agencies.
Jupiter Aluminum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Affirmative Action/Minorities/Female/Veterans/ Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
TYK America, Inc., a manufacturer of refractories for the steel industry has an opening for a Service Technician with experience in the steel industry. Knowledge of refractories for steel making is an asset (Ladles, ladle gates, LF, RH, continuous casting). Based in Detroit, duties will include onsite customer contact, inventory control, internal reporting, new product trial coverage, and existing product monitoring.
The successful candidate must have good knowledge of MS Office including Excel for spreadsheet generation and use, Word, Email and PowerPoint. Good interpersonal skills, and must be a self-starter with a solid work ethic.
We offer competitive compensation based on education and experience, as well as health benefits, car allowance, 401(k) and paid vacation.
Hand loads specified proportions of scrap metal and returns to furnace.Sprinkles fluxing compound on molten metal to bring impurities to the surface.Turns valves to regulate injection of fuel and air into furnace, or moves controls to regulate flow of electricity and water coolant through electrodes to heat furnace to specified temperature.Observes color of metal and instruments such as voltmeter, ammeter, wattmeter and pyrometer.Removes crucible containing molten metal from furnace, moves levers to tilt crucible or open crucible door, or breaks clay plug to pour metal into ladle for transportation to molds.Skims slag from surface of molten metal.Transfers molten metal from furnace to teapot ladle.Covers open risers and sprue with hot top as soon as pourers fill a mold.Pours molten metal in sand molds when needed.Cleans furnaces and equipment.Must be able to figure furnace and ladle additions if lead man is not available (vacation or emergency).Be able to do minor repairs i replace furnace leads or hydraulic lines.Inspect inside of furnace after each pour for thin spots in lining and make decision if it is safe to run.Help set up heats and write mold (casting) numbers and quantity poured in the heat.Tag heat with heat number and material.Help shake out heats.Watches melt scrap for quality.Relines furnaces when the linings become unsafe.Insures the tap temperature is correct for the type of metal being poured and for the size and configuration of the casting in the mold.Must operate forklift and skid loader.Responsible for prepour and final coupons for spectrograph analysis.Operates electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.Performs all work in a safety conscious manner. Be aware of dangers and take all appropriate counter measures to protect yourself and others around you.Wear all PPE that is required.
Ear plugs, respirator, face shield, apron, sleeves, leggings and steel toe boots.Responsible to maintain a clean and safe work area consistent with the Companyis housekeeping policies.Hampton Hydraulics, LLC, dba Seabee, a Ligon Company, recommends the National Career Readiness Certificate. For information on how to obtain this certificate, contact your local IowaWORKS office.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!