Laminated Plastic Tabletop Molding Wrapper Job Description Sample
Process Engineer - Plastic Injection Molding
Plastics Injection Molding Process Engineer
The role is responsible for supporting and helping to establish process control and capability on all facets of existing and new injection molding operations across all shifts, along with supervision of technical staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for developing molding processes and procedures.
· Optimize molding process using scientific molding principles.
· The Process Engineer will be responsible for technical training on injection molding processes along with training process technicians and employees.
· Liaison between the production floor, tooling, engineering, quality, and scheduling in the implementation and sustaining of defined processing standards. This includes process establishment, control thereof, mold validation, scientific molding and quality procedures.
· Participate in design reviews for new tooling and equipment. Ability to make design recommendation to optimize processing.
· Organizational skills, time management, detail oriented, deadline oriented and the ability to multi-task are essential for success in this position.
· Ability to effectively communicate with customers, vendors, personnel in other departments, peers, and leadership.
· Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
· Develop new manufacturing processes, including layouts PFMEA, control plans, work instructions and training materials.
· Troubleshoot daily manufacturing issues.
- Regularly exposed to the manufacturing plant environment. Potential exposure may include, but is not limited to: solvents, dusts, noise, heat, cold, outside weather conditions, cramped spaces, and building construction areas. Potential physical demands include, but are not limited to: frequent walking and standing, occasional climbing, twisting, stooping, kneeling, lifting, carrying, handling, pushing, and pulling.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a related field from a four-year college or university is preferred; plus three or more years of relevant experience in a high volume manufacturing environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
· Experience in high volume injection molding environment.
· Processing knowledge of engineered resins including high glass content nylons, polypro, POM.
· RJG or Master Mold certification preferred.
· Demonstrated project management experience.
· Knowledge of lean manufacturing methodologies and principles is desired. Formal training and experience implementing lean strategies to improve process flow and reduce cost is preferred.
· Ability to read and interpret drawing requirements and specifications.
· Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills.
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines.
· Personal computer skills include, but are not limited to: MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project); AutoCAD, 3D CAD software.
Product Design Engineer - Plastic Injection Molding
Candidates must have experience in product development for plastic injection molding to be considered.
- Conceptualization of engineered product designs based on product definition worksheets
- Testing of preliminary prototypes to validate initial engineering concepts.
- Design of final manufacturable product revision
- Working with industrial designers on functionality and strength of material verification
- Identification and resolution of engineering problems around specific product design needs
- Verification of final production product to design intent
- Participation in continuous improvement initiatives of the design and testing process.
- Assigned projects require a complete understanding and usage of polymeric, ferrous and non-ferrous material selection and usage, kinematic analysis, mechanism design, and strength of material analysis as it corresponds to the refinement of industrial and mechanical related designs.
- New Product Design & Validation: Work within the Design Department to advise on core engineering aspects during the development of new products.
- Major objectives include:
- Reviewing and analyzing engineering designs for functionality, durability, and manufacturability
- Reviewing engineering documentation for completeness and clarity
- Assisting designers with design concepts to meet new product specifications
- Providing recommendations to optimize designs
- Working closely with the data management group to produce the project’s technical data package (“TDP”) including establishing Bills of Material and critical design components tolerances
- Developing and conducting lab experiments to validate designs
- Evaluating and qualifying prototypes, first-article samples, new suppliers and manufacturing processes
- Advising on assembly tooling and fixtures
- Working closely with the manufacturing group to facilitate the transition of new products from design into manufacturing
- General Support: Promote Company Foundations and enforce internal policies, procedures, goals, objectives, and good design and manufacturing practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Design: A Proven track record of a consumer product or related design experience with extreme attention to detail. Previous design experience of polymer-based consumer products is required. Basis understanding of machining, stamping, and/or casting processes is desirable.
- Mechanisms: Experience in mechanism and mechanical system design with a strong kinematic background.
- Manufacturing Engineering: Broad spectrum knowledge of manufacturing concepts with knowledge and experience of plastic injection molding. An advanced specialization in plastic injection molding is desirable.
- CAD/CAE: Must be proficient with solid modeling and finite element analysis (FEA) software packages. SolidWorks and COSMOS knowledge is preferable.
- TDP: Ability to read, analyze, interpret and correct mechanical drawings including tolerancing, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (“GD&T”) and related engineering specifications.
- Mechanical Aptitude: Very strong, demonstrated mechanical aptitude required.
- Adaptability: Must be proficient in learning new concepts while working in a highly dynamic environment. Must be able to seamlessly work across boundaries and interact with management, factory personnel, other engineers, suppliers, and customers.
- BS Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college.
- Applied Design Engineering with 5+ years’ experience.
- Travel up to 10%; both international and domestic.
- Very strong, demonstrated mechanical aptitude required
- Microsoft Office Suite, or similar preferred
- SOLIDWORKS 2013 or later, advanced user preferred
- Understanding and usage of polymeric, ferrous and non-ferrous material selection and usage, kinematic analysis, mechanism design, and strength of material analysis as it corresponds to the refinement of industrial and mechanical related designs.
- Relocation offered
Plastic Injection Molding Set-Up/Molding Technician - Third Shift
Janler is currently seeking a Plastic Injection Molding Set-up/Molding Technician 3rd Shift to join our team at 6545 N. Avondale Avenue in Chicago, IL. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in Plastic Injection Mold Set-up.
For over 60 years, Janler Corporation has built top-quality, high-precision, multi-cavity, high-production, single-face and stack molds. And we've built a great reputation with an impressive team behind it. We are a small injection molding operation where reliability is a necessity.
- Do you have 3-5 years' experience in Plastic Injection Mold Set-up?
- Are you looking for a 3rd shift position?
- Do you want a job that offers additional training opportunities?
- Can you work occasional weekends, as needed?
- Can you operate Krauss Maffei machines up to 65 385 ton?
- Are you looking for a great place to work that produces top-quality products?
Apply online today or stop in Mon-Fri from 3:00-5:00 with a resume for an immediate interview at 6545 N. Avondale Avenue in Chicago, IL.
Janler is a great place to work, with co-workers who are earn the respect of our customers and of each other every day. If you're a disciplined, motivated, team player who takes pride in your work and have a can-do attitude, you'll fit right in. Apply today to learn more about working at Janler!
Plastic Machine Operator - Injection Molding
Set up, operate, or tend metal or plastic molding, casting, or coremaking machines to mold or cast metal or thermoplastic parts or products.
Observe continuous operation of automatic machines to ensure that products meet specifications and to detect jams or malfunctions, making adjustments as necessary.
Measure and visually inspect products for surface and dimension defects to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
Position and secure workpieces on machines, and start feeding mechanisms.
Turn valves and dials of machines to regulate pressure, temperature, and speed and feed rates, and to set cycle times.
Perform maintenance work such as cleaning and oiling machines.
Trim excess material from parts, using knives, and grind scrap plastic into powder for reuse.
Observe meters and gauges to verify and record temperatures, pressures, and press-cycle times.
Read specifications, blueprints, and work orders to determine setups, temperatures, and time settings required to mold, form, or cast plastic materials, as well as to plan production sequences.
Unload finished products from conveyor belts, pack them in containers, and place containers in warehouses.
Remove finished or cured products from dies or molds, using hand tools, air hoses, and other equipment, stamping identifying information on products when necessary.
Cool products after processing to prevent distortion.
Remove parts such as dies from machines after production runs are finished.
Inventory and record quantities of materials and finished products, requisitioning additional supplies as necessary.
Adjust equipment and workpiece holding fixtures, such as mold frames, tubs, and cutting tables, to ensure proper functioning.
Repair or replace damaged molds, pipes, belts, chains, or other equipment, using hand tools, hand-powered presses, or jib cranes.
Mix and measure compounds, or weigh premixed compounds, and dump them into machine tubs, cavities, or molds.
Obtain and move specified patterns to work stations, manually or using hoists, and secure patterns to machines, using wrenches.
Spray, smoke, or coat molds with compounds to lubricate or insulate molds, using acetylene torches or sprayers.
Connect water hoses to cooling systems of dies, using hand tools.
Maintain inventories of materials.
Operate hoists to position dies or patterns on foundry floors.
Preheat tools, dies, plastic materials, or patterns, using blowtorches or other equipment.
Smooth and clean inner surfaces of molds, using brushes, scrapers, air hoses, or grinding wheels, and fill imperfections with refractory material.
Select and install blades, tools, or other attachments for each operation.
Install dies onto machines or presses and coat dies with parting agents, according to work order specifications.
Pull level and toggle latches to fill molds, to regulate tension on sheeting, and to release mold covers.
Pour or load metal or sand into melting pots, furnaces, molds, or hoppers, using shovels, ladles, or machines.
Select coolants and lubricants, and start their flow.
Process Engineer - Automotive Plastic Inject Molding
Minimum Required Skills:
Process Engineering, Plastic Injection Molding, Product Development, Six Sigma
If you are a ROCKSTAR Process Engineer with strong experience with plastic injection molding in the automotive and industrial supplier industry, please read on!
Based out of the Greater Pontiac, Michigan area we are a multiple award winning, high-growth and fast paced manufacturer of electromechanical devices with a product portfolio that consists of fuel components for gas & diesel engines, clutch coils, hydraulic coils, solenoids, and a diverse range of electromechanical engineered devices. We are as passionate as ever about the automotive and off highway manufacturing industry, and are quickly expanding.
We are seeking a seasoned Process Engineer to join our team and help develop our flagship portfolio of innovative products!
Top Reasons to Work with Us
Established Enterprise Leader (Well-funded)
Great Compensation (70k
85k Base + Potential Merit and Growth opportunities)
Leading technologies (State of the Art)
Great Team and Leadership
What You Will Be Doing
Participate in product and mold design reviews
Establish production routings and bills of materials to new products, maintain and audit current products
Document mold process sheets and maintain accuracy as needed for production in a timely manner
Assist molding in troubleshooting production problems with injection mold machines, auxiliary equipment and molds
Provide all the necessary technical training for the Molding Technicians on new, current equipment and procedures
Evaluate and qualify new material from inception to completion
Utilize scientific molding techniques for process and machine optimization
Provide technical support and leadership for Lean enterprise functions (SMED, 5S, Sigma, CIP)
Work with outside suppliers and vendors to help make corrections to molds and machinery
Work with all internal departments related to the molding operation
Work with QA to establish consistent part quality and systems through SPC and DOE studies
Provide the technical support to QA and production for CAR projects
What You Need for this Position
More Than 4 Years of experience and knowledge of:
Degree in Plastics Engineering BSPE or related field, Mechanical Engineering Technology BSME
-Minimum 4-8 years of injection molding experience, preferably with high volume precision molded components, including hands-on processing experience
Competent in the use Microsoft Office Applications, databases and statistical analysis software, Moldflow. CAD experience is a plus.
Knowledge of blueprint reading, product design layouts, product dimensional and tolerance studies. Knowledge of materials and properties. Knowledge and ability to use QA gauges and equipment and quality new molds, troubleshoot molds or for process optimization
So, if you are a fantastic Process Engineer with strong experience in plastic injection molding, please apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.Please apply directly to by clicking 'Click Here to Apply' with your Word resume!
Looking forward to receiving your resume and going over the position in more detail with you.
- Not a fit for this position? Click the link at the bottom of this email to search all of our open positions.
Looking forward to receiving your resume!
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Copyright 1999 - 2018 . CyberCoders, Inc. All rights reserved.
Process Engineering, Plastic Injection Molding, Product Development, Six Sigma
- Process Engineering, Plastic Injection Molding, Product Development, Six Sigma
Maintenance Plastic Molding Machine Technician - Experienced
Silgan Closures, New Castle Plant, is a major producer of plastic closures for the water, juice and dairy industry. Silgan is searching for an experienced energetic maintenance employee to join their team. Silgan offers 40 hours per week, full benefits after 60 days, 2 weeks vacation from date of hire and a culture that thrives on team work, quality and safety.
Install new equipment and molds, perform preventative maintenance, and provide needed service to machines and molds so to remain operational and provide product that meets both customer and company standard.
Responsible for all machine preventative maintenance and repair to ensure operational efficiency. This includes the hydraulics systems, basic electric systems and PLC trouble shooting and programming.
Responsibility also includes recognizing, reacting and adjusting machinery independently when needed to maintain proper machine efficiencies Recognize and react to process problems in a timely matter so to minimize non-conformances. Monitor materials to insure correct amounts are available throughout the shift. Responsible for minimization of scrap produced and machine downtime in color changes.
Ensure maximum use of regrind. Perform preventative/routine maintenance on mechanical, hydraulic, and electric equipment and molds to ensure that products produced are of the highest quality. Disassemble, clean and reassemble equipment and molds according to instructions.
Monitor cleanliness of floor; inspect machinery and surrounding fixtures regularly for oil leaks, grease, or residue. Responsible for care and cleanliness of presses. Report any food safety and quality problems or concerns to the Plant Quality Manager.
Identify mixed materials, products, or colors and react quickly to correct the problem. Verify that bins, boxes, and skids have been correctly identified.
Correspond and verbally communicate in a professional manner with vendors and other Plastic Closures personnel. Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and procedures.
Represent Silgan Closures in a professional manner, with a high degree of respect for existing and potential customers. Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals. Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED). Minimum of five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in manufacturing environment.
Experience with injection/compression molding preferred. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively before small groups.
Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to define problems collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Must possess attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Knowledge of basic computer skills.
Periods of standing over 2/3 of time spent on the job. Walking, reaching, talking/hearing, and climbing/balancing 1/3 to 2/3 of time spent on the job.
Using hands to finger, handle, or feel over 2/3 of time spent on the job. Periods of lifting/carrying under 1/3 of time spent on the job with occasional lifting/carrying of up to 50 pounds. Periods of stooping/kneeling/bending under 1/3 of time spent on the job. Vision requirement includes close vision, depth perception, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Heavy physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a productive/technical nature under general supervision in which occasionally work is checked while in progress and work is reviewed upon completion. Outdoors and indoor shop environment with adequate ventilation and exposure to noise levels at or above 85 decibels, for which Personal Protective Equipment is provided. Production environment contains high voltage electrical devices. Some work spaces may be awkward and/or confining. Periods of working above ground level where the possibility of falling exists (i.e. on ladders or scaffolding at heights above 20 feet)
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.
Manufacturing Engineer - Plastic Injection Molding
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Type: Full Time Permanent
- Designs manufacturing processes within schedule and budgetary parameters.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Analyzes and plans workforce utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with production group concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Coordinates with customers to determine product specifications and design changes and responds to their request.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Continuous improvement process
- Experience in regulated industry, Medical preferred
- Knowledge of FDA standards such as 21 CFR Part 820, 21 CFR Part 11, ISO 13485, etc.,
- Good teamwork skills, can work independently, not afraid to speak up, and works well with others
- BS in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering
- 8 years working experience in Medical / Aerospace / Automotive Manufacturing quality process
- Experience in Manufacturing process Improvement
Thanks & Regards
Ventures Unlimited Inc.
Plastic Tooling Engineer- Pulp Molding
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly.
Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.The people here at Apple don't just create products — they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.In this high visible role you will lead the development of new plastic injection tooling projects to meet a wide range of product performance and cosmetic requirements.
- 10+ years in the mold making and molding industry•Proficient with the use of Design For Manufacturing, SPC, DOE and Six Sigma techniques•Extensive experience in tooling design and manufacturing required as well as in developing plastic processing parameters•Knowledge of plastic materials and design for manufacturing in terms of geometry and cosmetic quality•Experience in managing complex development programs with overseas vendors (Asia) is preferred•Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills are necessary• 20-25% travel to Asia is required
Lead the development of new plastic injection tooling projects to meet a wide range of product performance and cosmetic requirements.Lead Apple suppliers to design and produce world-class plastic tooling. Manage tool design and build, tool and process development and tool qualifications at the supplier.Collaborate with supply management, product design, industrial design, and manufacturing engineering groups on material selection, design feasibility and aesthetics of new plastic part & tooling designs.Serve as Apple's internal plastic tooling and manufacturing expert by leveraging a thorough understanding of properties of various mold-making materials and tool component fabrication techniques.Institute continuous process improvement measures from initial product design through production ramp of new products.Proficient with the use of Design For Manufacturing, SPC, DOE and Six Sigma techniques.
Take the leading role in driving the improvement of productivity and quality of plastic part manufacturing, molding and tooling techniques.Train engineers at supplier plants in Asia to utilize new tooling materials and fabrication techniques.Develop collaborative relationships with Apple suppliers through training and quality control visits. Advise supplier plants on maintaining correct controls on the processes.
BS or MS Plastics Engineer preferred
Plastic Injection Molding Die Setter
Job Number: xxx
Job Title: Plastic Injection Molding Die Setter
Location: Newton Falls, OH
Relocation Available: No, the candidate must be local
Our client, located in Newton Falls, Ohio, is currently seeking to fill the position of Plastic Injection Molding Die Setter. For the right candidate who possesses their requirements, they are eager for this individual to join their team.
This Custom injection molding manufacturer has immediate full-time openings for Die Setters.
- Must have previous Die Setting experience in plastic injection molding.
- Ability to assemble or disassemble equipment and trouble-shoot the Mold changing process.
- Understanding of basic equipment set-up to include thread sizes and metrics.
- Ability to assemble or disassemble equipment and trouble-shoot the Mold changing process.
- Understanding of basic equipment set-up to include thread sizes and metrics.
- Set-up, pull Dies and prepare Presses for all capacities of production process.
- Perform product changes per established procedure.
- Set-up and check all auxiliary equipment as required.
- Understanding of product material melting point and purging method/temperature.
- Assist Process Tech with trouble-shooting Press operation.
- Must be able to train or work any shift and overtime as needed.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Basic PC aptitude and .
- Comprehensive math and reading skills.
We are seeking guest driven, reliable, energetic, and self-motivated individuals to join our team. Individual will be responsible for daily Meat Department duties while providing excellent guest services. This position is responsible for maintaining open communication on the status of the department with the Store Directors, Clerks, and Supervisor. Will be expected to set and re-set priorities, distinguish between the urgent and the important, solve problems, hold and reconcile ideas and lead program development as well as advancement strategies from conception through cultivation to completion.
Full time/Part time, hourly position. Must be available weekdays, weekends, various shifts, and able to adjust schedule to meet business demands.
Part time: Competitive pay, 401(k), family atmosphere, and career advancement opportunities
Full time: Competitive pay, 401(k), health.
Full time plus: Competitive pay, vacation, 401(k), health, dental, vision, life, LTD, and AD&D.
Exemplify superior guest service with a friendly, helpful, and courteous attitude, using product knowledge and information to answer all questions guests may have about products
Wrapping and labeling product, rotation of product, maintenance of signs, follows sanitation standards as set by management and stocking of smoked meat counter and freezer
Weight up any price per pound packages that will be displayed
Large emphasis on guest service with a friendly, helpful, and courteous attitude
Stocks and rotates meat merchandise in accordance with Buy For Less guidelines on merchandise presentation, safety, and sanitation
Start, stop, and regulate the speed of the conveyor
Set electronic scale and automatic pricing machine
Wrap protective plastic around product. Seal them by placing packages down on "hot plate"
Rotates products in meat cooler and ensures proper storage practices
Keeps total department clean and in optimum sanitary conditions
Maximizing sales through excellent customer service and minimizing shrink through proper utilization of procedures
Ensure the production of high quality merchandise and service
Controlled freshness by rotating and coding all products and remove out-of-code merchandise
Perform other duties as required
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!