Laminating Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Paper Laminating Machine (Plm) Operator - Nights
Paper Laminating Machine Operator (PLM/PGR – Level C):
This is a position working in our Paper Laminating Machine (PLM) area.
Will work Monday through Thursday 5:45 p.m. – 6:15 a.m.n
DNP Imagingcomm America Corporation is a wholly owned Japanese subsidiary established in Concord, NC in 1995. Today, we coat jumbo rolls, slit and package ID card and photo ribbons used in printing applications; as well as develop software, deploy photo printing kiosks, integrate systems and provide support for our products.
As a PGR member, operate a production coating machine in order to achieve output and yield targets
Duties, Responsibilities & Authority:
- Operate coating machine and produce High Quality Paper product within specifications
- Per the posted Standard Operating Procedures under direction of the Group Leader
- Assist in the initial Quality Inspection Testing, as directed by the Group Leader
- Perform area specific countermeasures to maintain Quality
- Communicate and eliminate non-conforming product conditions
- Perform changeovers to the coating machine
- Activities not limited to roll exchanges, roll cleaning, doctor blade exchanges, machine threading, filter changes, parts cleaning and material handling
- Some activities require periods of physical exertion and coordination with maintenance, operation, management and others as necessary
- Perform line checks to area of responsibility and take action when necessary
- Under the guidance of the Group Leader
- Obtain a full working knowledge of the local mixing, coating and ink supply systems to be proficient in troubleshooting basic equipment and process problems
- Charge inks and organic solvents in a measured & controlled manner, producing a coat-able solution per the batch controlled mixing sheet
- Assist in the development and training of other operators as directed
- Assist in maintenance activities, providing input and explanation for process issues
- Participate in Productivity Improvement and Cost Reduction plans as directed
- Facilitate internal communication and working relationships within areas of responsibility
- Perform all duties in accordance with established safety rules and regulations
Job Requirements /
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required
- Associate degree in technical field preferred
- Experience in mixing/blending/coating/extrusion operations preferred
- Prior product manufacturing experience required
- Operator must be able to bend, stoop, squat, twist and work in cramped spaces
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, operate a roll cart weighing in excess of 400 pounds
- Must be able to occasionally work in confined space
- Repetitive arm and shoulder motion when cleaning rolls
- Must have the ability to interface and communicate effectively, write legibly and read/comprehend sufficiently to perform the duties required
- Must be able to operate appropriate test equipment and react to the readings generated or displayed on monitors, gauges, panels or sensors
- Must be able to learn to use and read instruments including micrometers, microscopes, light tables and other specialized equipment used production
- Perform mathematical calculations including percentages, multiplication and division
- Operate a personal computer (PC) and software relevant to the job
- Must be able to work in close proximity with organic solvents
- Must have the ability to wear air-purifying respiratory protection equipment as needed
- Must be able to work in a team-based, high-stress production environment
- Must have adequate vision to inspect product for small defects
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at a time and prioritize appropriately
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner, including OSHA and HAZWOPER training
Laminating & Stamping Machine Operator
Seymour Staffing is seeking a Laminating and Stamping Machine Operator to join the team at our client’s manufacturing facility in Atlanta, GA. Successful applicants will be responsible in setting-up and operating the laminating machine to meet or exceed customer quality specifications. Also, will be accountable and ultimately responsible for the quality and quantity of material produced and all related documentation.
Applicant MUST have foil stamping experience.
Reads job specifications and previous run data
Ivc- 2 Roll Calendar Laminating Operator
Overview Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan,IVC,Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo,Quick-Step and
Unilin. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States. EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
Job Description :
Job Duties and
Responsible for personal safety and monitor the safety of others
Must follow the quality management system policy and procedures
Communicate with previous shift lead about key information
Obtain all necessary supplies
Review and post schedule for line
Verify correct orders are being ran (style, color, stamp, labeling, packaging)
Coordinate Personnel into needed positions
Assure all supplies are in place when needed
Constant monitoring of all quality checks
Arrange and monitor all break schedules and assist if needed
Monitor safety practices to assure all procedures are being followed correctly
Assume supervisor’s duties when needed
Monitor dust collection system
Troubleshoot machine problems
Gather all necessary forms and file in appropriate place
Essential Skills and Experience:
Must have a High School or GED diploma
Must be 18 years old or older
Flexible for all shifts
Must pass the IVC-US color vision test + 2 years mechanical or maintenance experience
Strong problem solving skills
Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
Understanding of Lean Manufacturing
High level of mechanical aptitude
Commitment to company values and safe work practices
Excellent attention to detail
Prior leadership experience desired- Work environment : While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: - Physical demands : While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for long periods of time; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel object, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk; and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include color vision, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Slitting And Laminating Operator
About Continental With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 227,000 employees in 56 countries. As a division in the Continental Corporation, ContiTech is one of the world's leading industrial specialists.
Its customers can be found in key industries such as machine and plant engineering, mining, the agricultural industry, and the automotive industry. With around 43,000 employees in 44 countries, the company uses its development and material expertise for products and systems made of rubber, polyamide, metal, textile, and electronic components to combine these with individual services. ContiTech always thinks in terms of customer-friendly and environmentally-friendly solutions – going well and truly beyond its roots as a producer of rubber products. With sales of approximately €5.5 billion (2016), this international technology partner is active with core branches in Europe, Asia, North and South America.
Auto req ID 81586BR
Slitting and Laminating Operator
Job Description Position Description: In the case of Slitting, this is the final step in our Production process.
Once a belt is slit any defects in that belt can be extremely difficult if not impossible to repair, therefore, a very strong attention to detail is an absolute must. Laminating is done on very high priced products and very detailed products, therefore extreme attention to detail is a must in this position as well. This position also has responsibilities for extensively documenting and controlling the slitting and laminating processes as instructed to improve the cost and quality of our products.
Responsibilities: • To change over the slitters and laminator and look for the most effective way to keep the machines running at all times. This includes staggering breaks, having someone from the presses help with changeovers, coordinating with the quality lab ahead of time on samples and defects, etc. • Operate the machines that you are instructed to and report any problems or issues immediately to your Department Head or Supervisor using the proper channels and methods of communication. • To complete daily production reporting accurately. This includes all reports relating to Productivity, QC Holds, Material Usage, Material Movements, etc. • Follow all safety, corporate, and internal policies and procedures and ask your Department Head or Supervisor using the proper channels and methods of communication when needing clarification. • Contribute daily to the continuous improvement of yourself, your department, and your company as a whole.
This can relate to increasing your knowledge on work orders, products, and processes. Contributing to your work area by improving Safety, Quality, Productivity, the cost of our products, etc. Proactively getting involved in trainings both internally and externally.
Job Requirements Must have the ability to work 1st Shift hours (6 a.m – 2:30 p.m. M-F) High School Diploma or GED required
EEO Statement EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply.
If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Superior Group is looking for Laminating tech for our Client located in Indianapolis, IN Layup composite materials such as carbon fiber, fiberglass, or Kevlar inside production molds to make strong and lightweight structural parts.Cure parts in company equipment such as ovens, autoclaves, and presses
Weigh resins and hardeners
Laminate and prepare customer products to exact process specifications that meet both ACE's and our customer's quality requirements.Clean, dry fit, and trim parts
Perform bonding, curing, and wet laminating tasks associated with the product
Perform Mold Preparation, sealing, release tasks
Undertake work within your training capabilities as assigned by your lead or manager
Participate in brainstorming / problem solving with Engineering and Production personnel to solve related problems
Work with in house computer systems to record job status, time spent, and material tracking
Required Skills / Qualifications:
High school diploma or GEDMinimum of 2 years experience as Laminating tech.Preferred Skills /
Highly detailed and perfection driven
Willing to work flexible hours and over time
Good mechanical aptitude
Experience in laminating Carbon Fiber, Fiberglass, Kevlar, or other composite material
SewingWood WorkingCar RestorationAuto Body RepairHands on CraftsAdditional Information:Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen.Go Beyond. www.superiorjobs.com.EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.Employer's Job# 409114Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.
Laminating Operator/Asst, 2Nd Shift 10 Hours Mon
About WestRock About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace.
WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com . Laminating Operator/Asst, 2nd Shift 10 hours Mon- Thurs - Knox, IN 6595 Highway 10 Knox, Indiana, 46534 United States
Career Opportunity:Our Food Service Packaging plant in Knox, IN, is seeking Laminating Operators/Assistants who will be an integral part of the Knox team supporting the laminators. This is for the 2nd Shift 4:00pm-2:00am, Monday- Thursday, overtime as needed.
SUMMARY: The Laminator Operator/Assistants are responsible for safe manufacturing of laminated board for all products as needed for the facility by performing the following key responsibilities.
How you will impact WestRock:Read, interpret, and understand all job Jackets, Spec Sheets, skid tags and product load tags. Ensure all paperwork and system transactions are completed timely and accurately.
Maintain full compliance of all GMPs. Maintain housekeeping excellence in accordance with NSF/GMP Housekeeping standards. Follow all safety procedures and promote safety & safety programs throughout the facility.
Perform all required customer and departmental quality checks. Participate and ensure department is compliant with NSF/GMP audit regulations Ability to safely operate various manufacturing equipment, follow specific directions, and perform duties as assigned.Ability to work safely, comply with all safety rules, lift, push or pull 100lbs, navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend, and kneel throughout the entire shift.Ability to read a tape measure (to 1/32” measurement, do basic math, and some computer skills).General mechanical aptitude & trouble shooting skills
Ability to perform complete make ready and shut down
Understanding of Quality Inspection CriteriaProduct Identification and LabelingUse of PDE system
Maintain Waste and Efficiency standards
What you need to succeed:Desired candidate will possess a minimum of a high school education or equivalent. (College a plus) Preferred 3-5 years of laminating operator/assistant experience in a manufacturing environment.Ability to covert basic math, fractions to decimal, square foot, etc.Effective communication skills and excellent coordination skills.Great organizational and time management abilities.Basic computer knowledge. Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook.Professional demeanor.Must successfully pass a pre-employment, drug test, physical and background check.
What we offer:Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potentialA career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work. #IN WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Our Food Service Packaging plant in Knox, IN, is seeking Laminating Operators/Assistants who will be an integral part of the Knox team supporting the laminators. This is for the 2ndShift 4:00pm-2:00am, Monday- Thursday, overtime as needed.SUMMARY:The Laminator Operator/Assistants are responsible for safe manufacturing of laminated board for all products as needed for the facility by performing the following key responsibilities.How you will impact WestRock:Read, interpret, and understand all job Jackets, Spec Sheets, skid tags and product load tags.Ensure all paperwork and system transactions are completed timely and accurately.Maintain full compliance of all GMPs.Maintain housekeeping excellence in accordance with NSF/GMP Housekeeping standards.Follow all safety procedures and promote safety & safety programs throughout the facility.Perform all required customer and departmental quality checks.Participate and ensure department is compliant with NSF/GMP audit regulations
Ability to safely operate various manufacturing equipment, follow specific directions, and perform duties as assigned.Ability to work safely, comply with all safety rules, lift, push or pull 100lbs, navigate stairs, stand, walk, bend, and kneel throughout the entire shift.Ability to read a tape measure (to 1/32” measurement, do basic math, and some computer skills).General mechanical aptitude & trouble shooting skills
Ability to perform complete make ready and shut down
Understanding of Quality Inspection CriteriaProduct Identification and LabelingUse of PDE system
Maintain Waste and Efficiency standards
What you need to succeed:Desired candidate will possess a minimum of a high school education or equivalent. (College a plus)Preferred 3-5 years of laminating operator/assistant experience in a manufacturing environment.Ability to covert basic math, fractions to decimal, square foot, etc.Effective communication skills and excellent coordination skills.Great organizational and time management abilities.Basic computer knowledge. Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook.Professional demeanor.Must successfully pass a pre-employment, drug test, physical and background check.What we offer:Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potentialA career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.#INWestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Production/Manufacturing WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. Laminating Operator/Asst, 2nd Shift 10 hours Mon
Wood CNC Machine Operator
Local Manufacturer of furniture and fixtures looking to add Computer Controlled Wood Processing Operators to our team!
Only Qualified Applicants need apply
Produces wood furniture parts by programming, setting up, and operating computer controlled routers, point-to-point machines, saws, edge-banders and laminating presses; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- * Carpenter/Cabinetry shop experience helpful but not required
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- * Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment, Ability to handle a physical workload
Some of the Great Benefits included:
- - $100,000.00 Long Term Care Insurance
- - Healthcare Insurance, 401k, Wellness plan, paid vacation and holidays
Some other benefits offer as voluntary:
- - Dental, vision, disability, supplemental insurance products
- - and more!!
We support local companies by using their services to help maintain our community. We do everything in our power to support and protect our employees at work and in their personal lives.
Skilled Lamination Machine Operator
Local Tupelo Plant is seeking an experienced Lamination Machine Operator.
This position will be taking product, measuring and putting on line for mfg process.
We have open positions on day shift and night shift. ( Some positions are at 12 hours shifts and do require occasional weekend work)
$11 per hour, full time, Tupelo
Please read all requirements before applying.
QSS IS AN EOE
Please send resume to , call ext 1162 or come by our office at 704 Hillcrest Drive Suite C Tupelo.
Machine Operator Skills in a mfg environment- 2-3 plus years required
Ability to lift heavy material on line for processing
Math skills for measuring product
Good stable work history
Lamination or Grinder Machine Skills are preferred
Consent to national criminal search
Machine Operator | Plating Machine
- Follow procedures for polishing dies, polish dies for set amount of time
- Follow procedures for nickel plaiting dies, nickel plate dies for set amount of time
- Check titration levels and perform other tests as needed
- Adjust chemical mixtures daily to yield perfect results
- Improve processes and procedures to achieve overall efficiency standards
- Clean polish and nickel tanks on a weekly basis
- Quality check of all dies to determine if they can be moved to the next step in the production process
- Keep work area clean and free of safety hazards at all time
- Communicate with all other departments to ensure customer requirements are fully met
- Any other tasks as instructed by leads, supervisors or managers
- Assist other Finishing areas when needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to chemical fumes or airborne particles as well as moving mechanical parts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Mostly standing and walking work. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., 40 hours per week with occasional overtime on Saturdays.
Preferred Education & Special License(s)/Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- OSHA Hazwoper 40 hour, preferred but not required.
- Prior plating experience.
Kocher+Beck USA L.P. is an equal opportunity employer.
Machine - Machine Operator
Title: Machine Operator
Primary Objectives of Position
Manufacture high quality tablets and/or capsules in an efficient and safe manner that complies with cGMPs and meets product specifications.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. High School education (HS Diploma or GED preferred)
2. Experience in food/pharmaceutical/nutraceutical processing operations, FDA regulated industry, or combination of experience, education, and training that provides the level of knowledge, skills, and experience needed to successful perform the job
3. Able to read, write, and speak in English
4. Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, rounding)
5. Detail oriented
6. Effective problem-solving skills
7. Ability to work independently and in a team environment
8. Ability to maintain a positive, professional, cooperative demeanor
9. Ability to foster productive working relationship with management, coworkers, vendors and customers
10. Ability to interpret, comply with, and support Company policies, procedures, work rules, and protocols
11. Ability to adapt effectively to workplace changes and new job duties/responsibilities
12. Ability to represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times
Physical Demands With or Without Accommodation
1. Ability to stand for extended periods of time (approximately 6-8 hours)
2. Ability to repeatedly bend, twist, and stoop throughout an 8-10 hour shift
3. Ability to frequently lift up to 25 kg (55 lbs.)
4. Ability to be exposed to considerable noise from machinery
5. Ability to be exposed to nutraceutical raw materials and powders
6. Ability to wear PPE as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Sets-up equipment for processing operations.
2. Operates two or more of the following machines and processes as trained, instructed by supervisor, and in compliance with all safety and cGMP regulations:
§ Weigh up materials
§ 10ct V blender
§ 30cf V blender
§ Bosch GKF2000
§ IMA Zanasi
§ Ultra 8
o Tablet Compression
§ XL100 Korsch
§ XL400 Korsch
§ XPRESS700 Manesty
§ Fitz Mill
§ Fitz Mill
3. Promptly reports material, process, and equipment concerns, questions, and/or problems to supervisor for proper handling
4. Completes and verifies batch record entries, equipment log books, and other relevant documentation and records
5. Monitors process and equipment, making necessary adjustments as needed or required, to maintain batch record specifications
6. Tears down machine and equipment in accordance with training, instructions by supervisor, and in compliance with all safety and cGMP regulations
7. Cleans and maintains processing rooms and equipment
8. Assists Junior Operators with paperwork and machine processes as necessary
9. Works with personnel from other departments as necessary to ensure safety and quality in production
10. Follows established department SOP's, Company cGMPs, and all instructions, whether verbal or written
11. Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations
12. Maintains a safe work environment and functions in a safe manner
13. Performs other duties, job related or otherwise, as assigned
14. Takes a 35 minute lunch within first five hours of punching in
15. Takes two 15 minute breaks – first break before lunch, second break after lunch
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!