Laminator I Job Description Sample
Entry Level Production - Composite Laminator
Entry Level Production- Composite Laminator
Integrity Staffing is seeking entry level composite laminators for temp-to-hire positions in Indianapolis, IN. Our client is committed to offering each employee an opportunity to learn new skills and develop their career. If you are a team player who loves to learn and build things, this may be the opportunity for you!
Indianapolis, IN - Girls School Rd area
Monday- Friday 3:45pm-12:15am
Assist with building aviation parts by following work instructions for material prep, laminating, and curing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow detailed work instructions and blueprints
- Layup composite materials such as carbon fiber, fiberglass, or Kevlar inside production
- Cure parts in ovens, autoclaves, and presses
- Laminate and prepare customer products to exact process specifications
- Utilize hand tools to clean, fit, and trim parts
- Perform Mold Preparation, sealing, release tasks
- Participate in brainstorming / problem solving with Engineering & Production personnel to solve related problems
- Work with in house computer systems to record job status, time spent, and material tracking
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Highly detail-oriented
- Excellent dexterity & mechanical aptitude
- Able to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Willing to work flexible hours and over time
This position will require the submission of a resume and multiple assessments. Please apply online via IntegrityApplication.com and attach your resume.
Then, feel free to visit our office for an interview:
6000 Corporate Way, Indianapolis IN 46278
Open interviews are available Monday- Friday between 10:00am & 3:00pm. Ask for the Retail Department when you arrive.
Please bring identification to establish your right to work in the US. An example would be a driver's license or state ID along with a social security card.
The above job description may not include all tasks necessary to complete the job. The job description is a listing of the most common tasks the associate will be required to perform in that job area. Integrity Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Any offer of employment is contingent on successful completion of background and drug screening.
Ready for your next Opportunity? To apply for one of our opportunities offered by Integrity Staffing Solutions, please click the apply button and then follow the steps following the application.
INTEGRITY STAFFING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Cabinet Maker - Carpenter - Laminator
Knowledgeable of cabinet and furniture making process.
Cabinet Maker must be able to read and build from shop drawings, blueprints, and cut list.
Experienced in working with variety of materials, Wood, Mica and Veneers
Ability to multi task and assist other departments when needed.
Knowledge of Edge bander or CNC machine a plus.
Must be able to safely operate table saws, wood planer, miter saws, and hand tools.
Must be punctual and reliable.
Maintain cleanliness of tools and equipment
Must be able to communicate in English or French
Minimum of 5 years’ experience
The position requires experience in small parts including but not limited to:
spraying gel coat into molds
hand lay fiberglass mat and core materials
trim and grind parts
Must have the ability to work independently or as a team
Ability to work in a non climate controlled manufacturing facility
Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
Laminators needed for company in Warren, RI. Duties are subject but not limited to:
- Cutting fiberglass cloth to size, following template or blueprints, using cutting machines, scissors, or knives.
- Applying layers of fiberglass cloth onto mold or fixture in predetermined ply sequence, and presses cloth to fit contours on mold, smooth surface, and remove air pockets and excess resin using squeegee, scraper, or spatula.
- Encasing molded laminate in bagging material and bleeder cloth, attaches vacuum bagging apparatus.
- Dispensing, handling, and applying composite resins and adhesives.
- Trimming, drilling, grinding, sanding, and finishing cured parts to specifications, using templates, fixtures, tools, and power tools.
- Pre-fitting and assembling cured parts into assemblies or sub-assemblies, using jigs, fixtures, power tools, and fasteners, such as rivets and bolts.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic reading, writing, math, and listening skills
- Ability to read a tape measure and basic math skills
- Strong eye-hand coordination.
- 2 year’s previous manufacturing or industrial experience or vocational training preferred.
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail and quality.
- Auto Body Repair is a huge plus
- Fiberglass Laminators is a huge plus
- Fiberglass Experience is a huge plus
- Commitment to training and mastering the craft of blade building. The learning curve is about six months before all duties are mastered.
Fiberglass Laminator experience is a huge plus!
Techniques performed include:
- Mixing resin and catalyst and apply by hand, spray gun or infusion methods.
- Clean, wax and prepare molds as needed.
- Grind fiberglass to required finish.
- Vacuum Bagging
Candidates must be willing and able to work:
- In an industrial environment where there will be exposure to elevated high heat and humidity, fiberglass dust, and hazardous chemicals
- In a safety-sensitive, demanding, detail oriented, deadline driven environment that requires simultaneous handling of multiple priorities
- Independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed to meet production requirements. (Up to a 12 hour shift)
Candidates must be capable of performing the following tasks:
- Work from verbal and /or written work instructions.
- Lifting and carrying up to 25-50lbs.
- Frequent use of manual, electric, and pneumatic hand tools.
- Frequent standing, sitting, bending, kneeling, squatting, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling, twisting and lying.
- Frequent reaching and repetitive manipulation of hands for simple grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Wearing of personal protective equipment including, but not limited to safety glasses, gloves, protective garments, and respirators.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality is critical to successful performance in this role.
The job characteristics described above represent those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PeopleReady is a part of TrueBlue Inc., the global workforce solutions leader connecting clients with over 840,000 precisely matched associates every year across 70 countries. Through our recruitment outsourcing, onsite management and on-demand talent delivery services, we are industry-leading innovators for the changing world of work. Let PeopleReady help you get your work done well.
Able to read customer drawings for stack up specifications.
Knowledge of prepreg and copper foil types and thicknesses.
Ability to operate lamination presses.
Must have Experience
Hphb- Laminator Operator
Description/Job SummaryLaminator Operator I. POSITION OBJECTIVE:
Operate laminator machine in a safe and efficient manner so as to be a productive, while maintaining high quality. II. QUALIFICATIONS: A. High school graduate or equivalent B.
Good oral and written communication skills C. Previous plastics industry experience D. Available for overtime per rotating schedule E.
Available for cross - training with other departments F. Mechanical aptitude III. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Tasks and Duties 1. Safety - complies with all written and verbal safety rules of the plant and department including the use of personal protective equipment. 2. Complete housekeeping assignments per schedule. 3.
Produces all products to defined quality levels, yield and standard. 4. Setup and adjust line. Makes adjustment to speed, tension, timing, temperature and related variables. 5.
Loads and unloads rolls of material from machines as required. 6. Splices rolls of material together during operation. 7. Completes necessary paperwork including inspection reports. 8.
Perform all job duties as assigned. B. Machinery and Electrical Devices Used 1. Forklift 2.
Overhead cranes 3. Hand tools 4. Scales 5. Calculator
Hanover Park, IL
Hanover Park, IL, USA
Full Time Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K Email Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job 6pm - 6am, 2-2-3 This position is responsible assisting the lead operator in setting-up and operating the laminating machine to meet or exceed customer quality specifications. Accountable and ultimately responsible for the quality and quantity of material produced and all related documentation. Reports to the Production Manager. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reads job specifications and previous run data (if available) to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
Ensures job and material is in order prior to machine set up. Performs set up and pushes button to activate laminator.
Loads and unloads roll stock.
Mixes prescribed adhesives, catalysts and solvents to the proper working viscosity.
Assists in ordering and maintaining chemical inventory and supplies.
Observes machine operation to detect defects or machine malfunction. Makes corrections to alleviate out of specification product.
Checks and records bond strengths.
Meets or exceeds prescribed job standards for line speeds, scrap and set up times.
Performs minor machine maintenance; reports any necessary maintenance to the engineering department using a written work order.
Works cooperatively with the Quality Assurance department to ensure the delivery of high quality products.
Completes required documentation and enters data into the computer database accurately and timely.
Participates in on-going training opportunities and supports a continuous quality improvement environment.
Review work instructions and procedures that are applicable to the position. HAZARDOUS WASTE RESPONSIBILITIES - This individual is responsible for handling and disposing of any hazardous waste associated with printing and laminating processes in accordance with county, state and/or federal guidelines, and may act as an Alternate Emergency Coordinator in the execution of the Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan.
Place hazardous waste into correct containers.
Label and mark hazardous waste containers properly.
Place hazardous waste containers in storage area.
Obtain containers for hazardous waste storage.
Handle hazardous waste containers properly including keeping waste containers closed when not in used and grounding and bonding during the transfer of flammables.
Respond to hazardous waste emergencies and spills. QUALIFICATIONS: + 2-3 years demonstrated experience running lamination equipment using flexible materials.
Ability to work with all levels of employees.
Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
Commitment to quality and high attention to detail. Other Duties Always take ownership and be accountable for your actions. This job description is a tool for you to follow while at ProAmpac. Other job duties may be assigned to you, this outline is not to be considered a detailed description and you may have other duties/projects assigned to meet business needs. Good and reliable attendance, positive attitude and at or above job specific metrics and/or goals will reflect on your annual review. Always take ownership of your job and team. EEO Statement ProAmpac provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. EOE - M/F/Vets/Disability ProAmpac
Hand lay assembly of fiberglass for boats and parts.
Adhesive Laminator Assistant
Adhesive Laminator Helper
To assist the Adhesive Laminator Operator in all the functions required to produce a quality product and to
do the work in a safe manner by following company policies and procedures. They are responsible for ensuring
that the product does not become contaminated in any way and the equipment is maintained so
that it operates as designed and is safe at all times.
Cut Resistant Gloves
Safety Shoes (Steel Toed)Physical
Must be able lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
Follow all company policies and procedures
Be familiar with the operation of all safety devices on the adhesive laminator
Read and interpret the Job Jacket
Be familiar with all aspects of the operation of the adhesive laminator
Operate the chain hoists safely
Loading raw material rolls into unwinds
Preparing splices on unwind rolls
Removing and palletizing laminated rolls from the rewind
Load empty cores, cut to the proper size, on rewind and prepare for splice
Remove and collect raw material roll labels
Weigh waste and complete waste tickets
Monitor quality of material being produced
Assist in properly mixing adhesive using the air operated mixer
Assist in hooking up adhesives to the coating station
Clean doctor blade unit
Install doctor blades in doctor blade unit
Properly label all WIP rolls
Remove and collect all raw material and WIP rolls tickets
Check raw material films for the correct type and wind direction
Understand QA Hold tag system
Follow all GMP's to avoid product contamination
Keep work area and equipment clean per SQF Food Safety requirements
Assist Operator with scheduled preventative maintenance
Label and return unused rolls to inventory
Understand scheduling board
Help troubleshoot as necessary
Each new employee or current employee who transfers to a new position receives a minimum of two
weeks of OJT working with individual(s)who are assigned to that position. This allows the trainee to
work around the equipment and learn all the duties required with the necessary assistance or guidance
Laminator - Flexo
• Ability to set up and operate laminator.
• Read work orders and follow instructions accurately.
• Conduct quality checks and ensuring high quality output of product.
• Meet production goals as related to run rates and waste.
• Ability to do basic math calculations.
• Communicate clearly both verbally and written.
• Basic mechanical skills.
• Meet and exceed set quality standards.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• 2-3 years experience
• Standing for long periods of time and lift 50 pounds
• Helps ensure all policies for the company and the American Institute of Baking (AIB) are followed.
Equal Opportunity Employer with a generous benefits package that includes health, vision, dental, life/long and short term disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401K, service recognition program, tuition reimbursement.
All candidates are pre-screened with a phone interview and undergo drug testing and background testing through an outside company.
*Salary depends on candidate’s experience
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!