Landscape Architect Job Description Sample
Landscape Designer/ Landscape Architect
Landscape St. Louis is a high-end residential landscape Design/Build company seeking a Landscape Designer or Landscape Architect.
Must have strong horticultural knowledge for zone 6a/6b.
Must be proficient at hand drafting and or CAD, be organized and have good communication skills.
This position is truly the full package! Our landscape designers are responsible for all aspects of client sales and design, from the initial design meeting through final installation walk through. There is no boredom here! Candidate needs to be comfortable with sales, as well as, proficient in high end residential design.
Bachelors Degree and 2 years experience in design/sales required.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and education.
We are a company that strives to be the best and delivers! Come grow with us!
Since 1987 we have worked very hard to create beautiful environments that satisfy our client needs and desires, while being sensitive to the architectural style of their home. Our goal is simply to exceed our client expectations; making their outdoor spaces the best they can be by hiring the most talented professionals, employing the best installation practices and using the finest materials and equipment available.
Please take a look at our website to see the type of projects in which you could be working. www.landscapestlouis.com
Landscape Designer / Graduate Landscape Architect
Genesis is seeking a Landscape Designer/Graduate Landscape Architect with 1 to 3 years of experience to join our Tampa office team. We are seeking a motivated individual to develop professionally with our Landscape Architecture group. The position will assist with all phases of public and private sector projects from field review through design development, construction plans, and post-design services. This position offers a broad range of responsibility and opportunities for professional growth experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Graphic skills, both computer and hand drawn
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Genesis offers competitive salaries and an expansive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Disability, Life and Vision Insurance as well as a 401k plan, flexible leave program, and an employee friendly workplace. Genesis is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/D.
Entry Level Landscape Architect / Landscape Designer - Residential
Chalet’s newly restructured and highly creative Design Department has an exciting opportunity for an entry level Landscape Designer to join the team. The Landscape Designer will report directly to the Director of Design, and work closely with our Creative Manager and other Landscape Designers in creating high-end residential landscape designs of various scopes, sizes and styles for our clients. While you will predominantly work in the office, you will be in the field for gathering information for site inventories and potential on-site meetings as your designs come to realization.
· Integrating design intents and feasibility of client needs to help in the creation of unique, out-of-the-box and trendsetting designs for our clients’ outdoor living spaces.
· Conducting surveys in the field to identify existing elements and conditions, and taking measurements and photographs in order to create comprehensive site inventories.
· Contributing to the preparation of design presentation packets by creating digital designs in AutoCAD, 3-D Sketchup models and/or hand renderings as appropriate.
· Determining feasibility of designs by researching and maneuvering the permitting process, estimating jobs to fit client budgets, and creating construction documents.
· Maintaining a commitment to continuing education, keeping abreast of the newest developments in our industry, and furthering your plant identification and materials knowledge.
· Support other designers and staff in the Design Department.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, Landscape/Hort Design or related discipline.
· Demonstrated abilities in producing final-presentation quality design plans in AutoCAD is a must. Other software skills should include the creation of 3-D renderings in Sketchup; proficiencies in Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat; and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
· Present a portfolio (educational or professional) that showcases different design styles, aesthetics and scope of projects, as well as your hand rendering abilities and horticulture knowledge.
· “Fast-on-your-feet”, creative, organized, accountable and adaptable, with the ability to juggle and manage multiple designs, customers, assignments and changing priorities.
· A great listener who can interpret design intents and client needs, and a comfortable communicator who can express ideas, take constructive feedback and foster collaboration.
· Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
This is a full-time, year round position that offers a competitive benefits and compensation package including base salary, medical, dental, life and disability insurances, paid time off, holidays, and 401(k) with match.
Architect - Landscape Architect / Designer
Our firm is looking to hire a mid-level landscape architect / designer with excellent skills in design, working drawing experience and project management.
Salary is based on one’s experience and skill-set. We offer a 401K program, paid vacations, paid holidays and a Healthcare Reimbursement Plan.
- Manage multiple projects of various scales from the schematic design phase through construction document phase.
- Manage and assist in the development and production of complete project documents with office CAD standards Design and Construction Document Packages.
- Manage projects, including presenting design, managing client relationships, job cost tracking and attending project meetings.
- Coordinate with architectural and engineering disciplines in the development of plans and project documents.
- CAD drafting of construction details that comply with overall design intent and project budget.
- Assist in construction administration.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or related field is required.
- Highly motivated registered Landscape Architect with prior experience in project management.
- Strong conceptual and design skills. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of California low water use plant material.
- Experience with residential, corporate, developer and/or institutional projects.
- Strong communication skills and confidence in interacting with interpersonal and Clients.
- Proficient in the development of plans and details.
- 5-8 years of experience in a landscape architecture firm.
- High proficiency in AutoCAD is required.
- Understanding of Sketchup, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Revit and other programs is desired.
- LEED Accreditation is a plus.
Required experience: Landscape Architecture 5-8 years minimum
Senior Landscape Architect
Position Title Senior Landscape Architect United States of America - New York Brooklyn
Job Summary AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Senior Landscape Architect for immediate employment in the New York City Landscape Architecture + Urbanism Studio. The studio is based in AECOM’s collaborative lab at Industry City in Brooklyn. AECOM is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The Landscape Architecture and Urbanism portfolio in the New York City studio includes a broad range of urban-based, multidisciplinary public realm projects, such as plazas, streetscapes, parks, waterfronts, infrastructure, urban design plans, master-planning, green infrastructure, and ecological restoration. In collaboration with design studio leadership, the candidate will work closely with project design teams and project landscape architects, managers and designers to design and assist in the execution of projects within the New York City metropolitan area, nationally and internationally. Projects in the studio are design-driven and involve close collaboration with engineers, planners, cost estimators, and other technical consultants. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
Lead technical design work of the landscape architecture studio
Lead the production of construction documents and specifications, cost estimates, and hand and computer drawings
Lead construction administration for current and future projects
During the design management process, prepare estimates and value engineering analysis, peer reviews, and constructability reviews
Oversee the processing of submittals, requests for information, shop drawings, substitution requests, change proposals and mods
Project management and coordination
Lead and participate in client and agency meetings
Assist in mentoring and developing the technical skills of landscape architecture staff To learn more about what the studio is working on, follow the link below: http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/NYC_Landscape_Studio.pdf
Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Landscape Architecture
Professional Landscape Architecture License + 7+ years of experience including managing construction phase services for landscape architecture projects
Experience preparing construction documents and specifications
Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Word/Excel
Demonstrated enthusiasm, highly motivated and detail oriented with a strong background managing complex client design and development projects
Proficiency and passion for creating compelling open space design, with an ability to develop the work through the technical design phases
Ability to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team, including managing and directing project staff
Well-organized and adept at multi-tasking working with master agreements and multiple task orders
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Candidate will be required to document and present work in a clear and concise manner
Excellent technical and relationship building skills
Must be able to manage internal and external business development communications
Must be able to work well with clients, staff and consultants
Someone that is a team player and possesses the ability to collaborate as part of a diverse studio team
Proficiency with Revit, Grasshopper, Rhino, GIS, MicroStation and hand drawing
Strong knowledge/interest in plant materials
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster. At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees. NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Architecture and Design
United States of America
Position Status Full-Time Requisition/Vacancy No. 173070BR Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Landscape Architect Project Manager - Richmond, VA
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide landscape architecture, land planning, civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com. We are currently seeking a Landscape Architecture Project Manager to join our Richmond, VA office location. Our award winning landscape architecture and land planning studio offers an extensive range of consulting and design support to urban, commercial, parks and recreation, economic development, environmental, transportation, residential and government clients across multiple markets. Applicants should embrace leadership opportunities, exhibit a diverse range of project experience and be motivated with excellent design, graphic, written and presentation skills. Candidates should have strong project management skills and experience with client communication. Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
Collaborate with principals in the office on a variety of project types and scales.
Maintain and develop client relationships.
Direct and supervise project teams with planning, site layout, landscape design and production of construction documents.
Review all design development, construction documents and specifications for quality control and compliance with company standards.
Prepare construction cost estimates. Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
Bachelor or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program is required.
Virginia Licensed Landscape Architect.
LEED Accreditation preferred but not required.
Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch up, 3-D modeling and Microsoft programs.
Business development and marketing experience preferred.
A minimum of 5 to 8 years’ professional experience in landscape architecture preferred. We offer an excellent compensation package as well as great opportunities for professional growth. Salary commensurate with work experience. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission, and Shared Values. Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Landscape Architect (Landscape Designer)
Full-Time Location: Springfield, MA
ABOUT US At Fuss & O'Neill, our mission is to foster an open, collaborative and professional work environment.
We also support a working environment where employees are empowered, teamwork is valued and cooperation across disciplines is considered essential to the company’s success. We strive to provide our clients with innovative and practical engineering, scientific, and planning solutions to meet their needs. ABOUT THE POSITION We are seeking a dynamic entry to mid-level Landscape Architect to join our team in Springfield, MA.
Our landscape architecture group offers an extensive range of projects including a wide variety of commissions from downtown revitalization and streetscape improvement projects to higher educational and recreational facilities, public and private housing and mixed-use developments. This professional will be working with senior staff on the planning, schematic design, design development, and more for all our commissions. Applicants must be self-motivated and comfortable as a team player, in a casual, open, working/studio environment.
The ideal candidate will have a professional demeanor, be detail-oriented and demonstrate excellent communication, organizational and people skills. Located in our newly renovated downtown Springfield, MA office, this position embodies everything that living and working in an urban environment has to offer including convenient direct access to the office from on-site parking. Skills Required · Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program · Working knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Suite required · Typically requires 0-3 years of professional experience working under a Registered Landscape Architect or professional in the Landscape Architecture discipline · Licensure track is preferred · ALSA involvement is a plus · Written, oral and graphic communication This position resides in our Springfield, MA location.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position. TO APPLY Click above on “Submit your Application” to upload your resume and apply for the position. Portfolios will be requested upon resume review.
Fuss & O'Neill, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers are contingent upon a successful criminal background check. Fuss & O’Neill participates in the Federal e-Verify program.
WSB & Associates IncLandscape ArchitectRochester, MN 55904 Build a legacy - yourlegacy with WSB & Associates, Inc., named to the StarTribune's Top Workplaces in Minnesota for the fifth consecutive year and the Zweig Group Hot Firm List for the fourth consecutive year. WSB is seeking a creative, energetic, and outgoing landscape architect to join our growing and innovative Land Development team in our Rochester, Burnsville, or St.
Paul office locations! What You Will Do: The position will include design and project management for a variety of interesting land development and landscape architecture projects and clients.
The individual will collaboratively work with the external client, internal team, public groups, and other design professionals throughout the design process; develop proposals in response to RFPs / RFQs; effectively communicate via written, verbal, and graphic with internal and external clients; maintain involvement in and support of marketing efforts; and provide mentorship to less experienced professional staff. What You Will Bring: The successful candidate will be a registered professional landscape architect with 3 to 7 years of direct experience working in a professional design firm.
The ideal candidate will possess landscape architecture experienced focused on site design and project management for both hard-scape and soft-scape projects. In the land development realm, the ideal candidate will possess experience in preparing concept and site development plans for both commercial and residential projects. Applicant must possess the ability and initiative to develop creative aesthetic design solutions and proficiency in developing construction documents with AutoCad , Civil 3D, and LandFX.
Candidate must be experienced in development of scope/fee budgets; and management of projects efficiently and profitably. A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record are required. Candidates are encouraged to upload their digital portfolio when applying.
Who We Are: WSB is an energetic professional consulting and design firm with offices in Minnesota, North Dakota, Texas, and Colorado. WSB has over 400 staff members who provide diverse engineering, planning, environmental, and construction services to clients in the government, energy, and commercial markets.
Our services also include GIS, landscape architecture, right of way, and surveying. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Creative Environments, an industry leader in pool, spa and landscape design, is looking to add a talented Landscape Architect to our team! This job is located in Tempe, Arizona. Amazing opportunity to relocate to Arizona!
- Lead and develop our design team. Train the team in good design, project management, and above all customer service.
- Offer customer support when issues need to be addressed in the field, and able to coordinate with other management personnel to track team performance in regards to company expectations.
- Work with clients and design team members to design projects, detail the work to be done, and make sure all designs fit with HOA, City, and County guidelines.
- Enhance the construction coordination process by ensuring plans/pricing provide sufficient information/detail to maintain company margins and construction quality. This will require job site visits, working with Project Managers on job breakdowns, and coordinating with consultants.
- Landscape Architect degree and at least 10 years experience in the industry. This experience can be in design, estimating, project management or all of the above.
- Enjoy designing, rendering, sketching, and translating thoughts/ideas into working drawings.
- Proficient in construction methods, have an understanding of the build process, and like problem-solving how to build unique design ideas!
- Experience managing a team.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative and team environment! We have a fun job, and enjoy working together building dream locales.
This is a management position, and will require that you take responsibility for personal and company improvement. You must like working with people, are driven to enhance yourself and those around you. You will report to the Executive Team and must be a good communicator.
The position offers benefits and competitive pay (based on experience). In addition, bonuses will be earned based on sales and team improvements.
Our client is an internationally recognized Architectural and Engineering firm. They are currently searching for a Landscape Architect to assist with their ongoing growth.
- Work independently under the direction of Sr. Landscape Architect on growing list of projects
- Collaborate with other departments
- Communicate with clients
- 2+ years of experience in landscape design / architecture
- Bachelors Degree in related discipline
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop and hand graphics
- Understanding of landscape and site design
- Knowledge of codes and an understanding of their interpretation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!