Landscape Specialist Job Description Sample
About Goucher College:
A selective, liberal arts college founded in 1885, Goucher College is situated on 287 acres in Towson, MD, a suburb of Baltimore, and has approximately one million square feet of residential, academic, and administrative buildings. The college currently enrolls approximately 1,500 undergraduates, 84% of whom live on campus, and 1,200 graduate students.
Goucher College is seeking a full-time landscape specialist. This is a highly customer service oriented position in the Facilities Management Department.
The landscape specialist is responsible for the proper care of Goucher College landscape and grounds to include trimming, edging, weeding, application of seeds, bulbs, plants, mulch, fertilizers, and pruning of trees as directed. The incumbent will operate weed eaters, power edges, power mowers, sprayers, chainsaws and other power equipment and hand tools related to landscape maintenance and planting as required to maintain the lawn, garden, trees, athletic fields and shrubbery. This position is also responsible for the construction of special landscape projects, including, but not limited to, planters, planting beds, landscape timbers, and other plant material as well as all other duties as assigned. The successful candidate will perform required duties in the preparation of the athletic fields for sporting events and provide maintenance of the campus during inclement weather (i.e., snow removal).
Qualified candidates will possess a high school diploma or equivalency, at least three years of direct working experience in landscape maintenance and snow removal. This includes the operation of all associated equipment used for athletic field and grounds maintenance.
Candidate must possess a valid Commercial or Not for Hire Pesticide License or obtain this license within one year of the first date of employment. A valid driver's license is also required. This position requires effective communication skills, strong customer service orientation, and strong attention to detail.
Candidates must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including on-call, weekend and evening hours, if needed. This position is considered essential personnel, as such the successful candidate is required to report to work regardless of the Campus's status.
Depending on the type of work, there will be frequent sitting, standing and walking, bending, carrying, pushing and pulling, including kneeling, climbing and working with arms extended at shoulder height. Successful candidates must be able to lift 50 - 75 pounds on a regular basis. The successful candidate will be subject to a background check, driving record check, and physical examination will be required as a condition of employment.
Goucher College is committed to increasing the diversity of our community and seeks applicants dedicated to applying principles of equity and inclusion in all areas of the campus community.
Consideration of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Please submit the following application materials online:
Cover letter, with salary requirement
Copy of Pesticide License
Contact information for three professional references
Goucher College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Landscape Production Specialist
BrightView Landscape Services
Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We're a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we're reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands.
We're currently seeking to hire a team of Landscape Production Specialists for one of our premier client sites located in Cupertino, CA . This well-known campus is known as the "spaceship" and will have a hands-on focus of the overall maintenance of the proper plant healthcare of the site.
What you'll do:
Production Specialist will understand and deliver client needs via regular communication with the Horticulture Lead or Field Operations Lead Manager and Client Representatives
Ensure that job site quality and appearance meet client and BrightView standards
Manage all landscape Grow-In services, including the coordination of all materials, people, and equipment required to produce quality work and proper plant establishment
Inspect Landscape Zones prior to scheduled service in order to properly prepare specific action plan for service. Adjust schedule as needed and follow up
Monitor irrigations systems, identify problems or necessary repairs, and communicate recommendations to Irrigation Technicians and Irrigation Manager
Monitor all aspects of the landscape and identify insect or disease problems. As necessary, perform hands-on work with crews to meet work and scheduling demands
Implement and manage BrightView policies and procedures related to proper upkeep and maintenance, storage, use, and training required for field equipment
Work with the Horticulture Lead or Field Operations Lead Manager to prepare any as-needed adjustments to daily crew schedules
Hands-on training and support of crew members, including proper operation of equipment, pruning techniques, safety, and quality standards
Focus on safety and monitor safety records
Maintain and manage all required paperwork
Coordinate with Administrator to ensure databases are consistently updated with current information
Skills we're seeking:
3-6 years of hands on working experience in an arboretum or large scale nursery is highly preferred
1-2 years prior experience in a supervisory role
2 or 4 year degree in Horticulture or Plant science is highly preferred but not required
Ability to coach and develop teams
Paid time off
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
Landscape Maintenance Crew, Landscape Maintenance Foreman
Crew Team Members
Job duties may include mowing, weeding, pruning, mulching, hardscape and plant installation, drainage problem solving, irrigation repairs, light carpentry construction. You may be eligible to participate during the winter months on the snowplow team.
Landscape Foremen are responsible for managing a project installation crew or maintenance crew to the ultimate satisfaction of the client. You must be able to produce high quality landscapes within material and labor hour allowances. Project planning, assigning crew work, and progress reporting are expected duties.
We offer our employees excellent wages, benefits, and the opportunity to develop an amazing landscaping background!
Apply today at www.lidlandscapes.com
Landscape Design Internship
James Martin Associates (Vernon Hills, IL) and L.I.D. Landscapes (Boulder, CO) have been a dual-branch progressive, award winning landscape firm for over 40 years. We are seeking exceptional landscape architecture students, like you, to learn and develop as our industry’s future leaders.
- Working on design teams in all aspects of a given project to develop detailed design documents for construction plans.
- May also conduct code research, write specifications, and coordinate permitting
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Enrollment in Landscape Architecture Degree Program and at least 2nd year of design courses.
- Candidates must possess a thorough knowledge of AutoCAD and Windows
- Excellent graphic skills
- Other desirable skills include construction and maintenance field experience, horticulture knowledge and an interest in photography.
- Valid driver’s license
Landscape Designer And Sales
This position has the responsibility to develop, organize and execute landscape design solutions for presentations to clients.This process involves meeting with clients, developing landscape design solutions, budgets, base maps, site surveys, identifying plant materials, creating estimates and proposals which lead to the purchase of construction services. The position also is responsible for coordinating and supervising construction services. He or she must ensure client satisfaction and oversee invoicing.
Job Skills and Personal Characteristics:
- Expert knowledge of landscape terminology, plant materials and applicable construction materials
- Knowledge of plant material, horticulture, job estimating, proposal writing.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal with crew members and clients.
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications
- Positive attitude, prepared to work in an intense, cooperative team environment.
- Effective problem solver; and a flexible, hard working individual who is highly organized.
- Proficient with computer software programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with CAD software
3-5 years experience in landscape sales/design
Degree in horticulture or landscape architecture preferred
Strong work ethic
Superb customer service skills
Landscape Services Internship
James Martin Associates (Vernon Hills, IL) and L.I.D. Landscapes (Boulder, CO) have been a dual-branch progressive, award winning landscape firm for over 40 years. We are seeking exceptional horticulture and landscape architecture or construction management students, like you, to learn and develop as our industry’s future leaders.
The internship will cover a wide range of responsibilities in areas such as;
- Landscape Management
- Landscape & Hardscape Installation
- Account Management
- Annual Flower Production
- Nursery/Yard Support
- Irrigation Installation and Repair
Minimum of two years in a horticulture, architecture or construction management degree program or equivalent experience within the landscaping industry.
Assistance with short-term housing may be available to prospective candidates.
Apply online at www.jamesmartinassociates.com or www.lidlandscapes.com
Sales Professional - Commercial Maintenance: Pickel Landscape Group
Established in 2007, Pickel Landscape Group (http://www.pickellandscapegroup.com), is a full-service Kennett Square landscape company that designs and maintains outdoor spaces for the residents of Southern Chester County, Pennsylvania, and Northern Delaware. PLG's philosophy of providing clients with a first class customer service utilizing value and honesty has gone a long way and has created loyal customers as a company culture for team members to grow. Pickel Landscape Group is actively searching for a Sales Professional for Commercial Maintenance who has a proven track record of successfully building relationships, developing new business and increasing revenue. Experience selling maintenance contracts, service agreements, or any other intangible services in commercial environments is a plus. A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent licensure or certification is desired.
Some of the Sales Representative’s key responsibilities are:
- Building relationships, qualifying customers, developing new business from cold calls and referrals.
- Selling the unique value of offered maintenance landscape services.
- Qualifying sales leads, making effective sales presentations, and managing customer relationships through a definitive sales process.
- Developing and maintaining rapport and positive working relations with field, office, and management personnel to resolve problems, exploit opportunities, and maximize profits.
- Preparing complete, clear and concise reports, proposals, booking packages and required company paperwork.
- Maintaining written supportive information relative to delays, changes, special conditions, and schedules.
- Desire and aptitude to gain an understanding of the landscape contracting industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and customer relationship management (CRM) applications.
- Willingness to collaboratively work and effectively communicate with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Ability to promote services and overcome customer objections.
This career opportunity offers a competitive base salary plus uncapped, quarterly paid commissions, a company vehicle program, a Performance Based Bonus Program, reimbursed business expenses and other company benefits.
Landscape Account Manager - Residential Maintenance
The Residential Maintenance Account Manager is responsible for account management, including client retention, enhancement sales, new contract sales, business development, production layout and overview. This position will also ensure total client satisfaction while assisting the production department to produce the jobs in a horticulturally correct and time productive method.
- Introduce and meet with new clients to sell residential landscape maintenance contracts and enhancement services.
- Prepare estimates and proposals for presentation to clients.
- Make daily customer site visits, and steady phone contact to ensure quality services and customer satisfaction.
- Direct landscape crews on maintenance service orders, with detailed and planned approach to work performed.
- Consistent responsibility to offer additional services to customers, to educate and build customer trust to enhance their landscape investment.
- Schedule and plan daily activities. Meet regularly with sales manager to review progress, sales goals and performance.
- Expert knowledge of landscape maintenance standards.
- Knowledge of plant material, installation standards, landscape construction.
- Project management and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude, prepared to work in an intense, cooperative team environment.
- Self motivated, highly organized style.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, outgoing personality.
Prefer degree in landscape architecture, management, horticulture or equivalent experience.
5 years experience with landscape maintenance or design-build company.
CLP or CLT Certification, preferred.
Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office programs.
Benefits include medical, dental, 401K, PTO and paid holidays.
Landscape Architect Project Manager
We are seeking a Landscape Architect Project Manager with 5+ years of project management experience for a landscape architecture firm in Dallas,TX.
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Landscape Architecture
- 15-20 years of Landscape Architecture experience
- 5+ years experience with Project management
- Project Management – Ability to manage multiple projects and team members simultaneously
- Ability to coordinate/collaborate with clients and other design professionals
- Ability to cultivate client relationships throughout the project duration
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite required
- Understanding of SketchUp and other 3-D modeling programs
- Excellent hand graphics, specifically at the conceptual level
- Ability to prepare AutoCAD design development and construction drawing sets
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Strong oral, written and graphic communication skills
- Strong understanding of hardscape construction, landscape planting design and plant materials, grading and site planning
- Construction administration knowledge – Ability to work with contractors to ensure project design intentions are achieved
Landscape Maintenance Foreman
Who are we?
Pro Sweep Plus is a complete exterior maintenance service provider. We perform a vast array of services enabling customers to contact one provider for all their exterior maintenance needs such as asphalt maintenance, landscape maintenance, commercial sweeping and plowing services.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a full-time Landscape Maintenance Foreman that can run crews for services such as irrigation repair, fertilizer application, shrub trimming, commercial mowing and weed control.
Is this you?
- Experience running a landscaping crew
- Have small engine knowledge
- Able to efficiently and safely run:
- Line trimmers
- Minimum 2 years of landscape, irrigation and plant knowledge
- Valid Driver’s License
- Arborist license preferred
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!