Landscaper Job Description Sample
Landscaper - General Maintenance Landscaper
Firmly Rooted Landscaping, LLC has multiple full-time positions for General Maintenance Landscaper available. Seeking self-motivated professionals to join our team in servicing high-end residential clients in the NH area. Positions include spring cleanup, mulching, mowing, pruning, weed control, seasonal color enhancements, fall cleanup, special projects and other related landscaping maintenance work.
*Rate of pay will be based on knowledge experience and references.
Performs maintenance activities, which may include: cleaning equipment, systems, and/or facilities; loading and unloading trucks; cleaning up debris; removing weeds; cutting brush; setting up traffic cones and barricades; and, performing other related activities.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Truck operation techniques;
- Equipment, tools, materials, and methods of assigned specialty area;
- Variety of hand and power tools;
- Occupational hazards and related safety precautions;
- Maintenance equipment;
- Variety of hand and power tools;
- Safe work practices.
- Operating applicable hand and power tools;
- Performing manual labor;
- Adhering to safe work practices;
- Operating and maintaining applicable equipment, vehicles, and machinery;
- Operating and maintaining applicable grounds maintenance equipment and tools;
- Understanding and carrying out written and oral instructions;
- Performing routine maintenance and repair activities;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Valid driver’s license
- clean driving record
- Reliable and dependable
Marc Wells Lawn Maintenance is looking for a Landscaper I to add to the team. Apply now for your opportunity to work for an amazing company with great benefits.
- Performs grounds-keeping duties; trash and weed control; mowing; trimming; painting; sweeping; digging; raking; planting and custodial
- Operates light and medium grounds equipment such as utility vehicle, mowers, power rake, rototiller, weed eater, etc.
- Repairs and maintains sprinkler systems
- Performs additional job tasks as required by the grounds supervisor
- High school graduate and/or high school equivalent
- Training in one of the several skills such as grounds keeping, lawn maintenance
- Sufficient knowledge of chemicals used for weed control, pesticides and fertilizers
- Basic knowledge of sprinkler system installation and repair
- Basic knowledge of seasonal change requirements
Job Type: Full-time
- Landscaping: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
Denali Exterior Design is looking for motivated individuals who love taking on new challenges. We are looking to bring on laborers who want to grow with the company. On the job training is provided to learn new skill sets to allow you to get raises as your skill sets grow. We build fire pits, fireplaces, patios, pool surrounds, outdoor kitchens, etc. Do you want to run some pretty cool equipment....we've got that! We love to teach our team how to run cut saws, vacuum lifts, and all kinds of new tools hitting the market. If you like being outdoors and being a part of fun, creative team, then this is the job for you.
Wholesale Nursery in NE Metro Atlanta has opportunity available for the right person. We are looking for a hard working person that has experience in the Green Industry here in the Atlanta area. We are a growing company looking for a detail and customer service oriented person to grow with us.
Working to help the flow of customer traffic by loading and servicing customers.
Maintaining overall health and vitality of perishable material in Nursery through watering, maintenance and Horticultural Best Practices.
Loading and Driving outbound deliveries as needed.
Recognizing and initiating day to day needs to maintain the organization and health of perishable material.
Working one on one with customers to provide the highest level of customer service possible while building long term relationships.
Paid Holidays and accrued vacation after 90 day probationary period.
Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Ability to pass DMV Report, DOT Physical and Drug Test.
2-4 years working experience in the landscape/nursery industry preferred.
Previous experience in a supervisory role is a plus.
Ability to coach and develop a team atmosphere.
Valid GA Drivers License.
Bi-Lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
The Green Reyno Nursery and Horticultural Procurement Service strives to provide quality nursery products to our loyal customers which include landscape contractors, landscape architects, golf courses, municipalities, and homeowners. We welcome you to come by and visit our Norcross location and see the diversity and quality of our plant selection. Please stop by and experience the difference in service and selection of new plant introductions that you’re not going to find anywhere else!
Lawn Care Technician / Landscaper
General Landscaping Maintenance:
- Performs planting and related activities.
- Performs routine lawn maintenance including grass cutting, lawn edging, weed pulling, and other routine lawn-maintenance activities. Uses lawn mower and related equipment.
- Provides seasonal lawn care, such as spring and fall clean-up.
- Moves materials and equipment and performs related duties to assist in landscaping and lawn maintenance
- Digs holes and trenches and excavates for landscaping using picks and shovels or related equipment.
- Hauls or spreads topsoil, gravel, sand, mulch, or related materials using wheelbarrows and rakes.
- Hand-finishes grade, and apply seed, straw, or sod.
- Maintains assigned equipment and notifies Landscaping Supervisor of needed repairs.
- Responds politely to customer inquiries and projects a professional image.
- Reports to work at the required time and performs duties as assigned by the Landscaping Supervisor.
- Loads equipment and materials on and off trucks and trailers.
When you choose to work with Coastal Property Maintenance you're choosing a company that is dedicated to customer service and unbeatable reliability. You'll enjoy the peace of mind knowing your lawn and landscape are in good hands. Our team is easy to reach and respond quickly to requests for service and estimates.
Hiring an experienced lead landscaper. Must have 3 years or more supervisory experience leading a small landscaping crew. Will perform various landscaping services including: planting and removal of shrubs, installation of landscape beds, installation of sod, transporting of landscape materials, soil grading, pruning, aerating, dethatching, lawn seeding, building of retaining walls and other landscaping related services. Operation of excavator, skidsteer, loader, and ability to maneuver trailers is necessary. Need to manage landscape projects and utilize staff and equipment resources efficiently. Will oversee safety of crew and their work. Will document time and materials of jobs. Must have drivers license. Must be physically fit and able to lift 50 pounds. Must be able to work Monday through Friday from April through November. Overtime will be required at times due to seasonality of the work. May need to work on some Saturdays due to weather conditions.
Landscaper - Handyman
Successful and growing Las Vegas-based real estate investment group is seeking an experienced Landscaper/Handyman to join our team of real estate investing professionals. This person will assist with the landscaping, minor repairs, and inspections of properties in our inventory and must be motivated, detail oriented and able to work both in groups and independently. Effective communication skills, both written and verbal are essential as is the ability to work well under pressure and maintain deadlines. Must be computer savvy and have experience with Microsoft Office applications. This position will spend about 75% of their time in the field, and 25% in the office. The position is also eligible for bonus programs. Must have smartphone, own transportation (pick-up preferred), valid NV driver’s license, clean driving record, and own tools. Job duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Landscape repair and maintenance of properties in inventory
- Troubleshoot issues with properties and communicate to office
- Upload photos of properties and complete inspection reports
- Minor repairs including Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Drywall
- Follow current systems and procedures for inspections
- Other duties as assigned
Please include a resume and complete screening questions to be considered for the position.
Seasonal Landscaping position set to begin Mid-March and work through November. Monday - Friday. Saturday hours possible depending on weather conditions. Starting at $12.00. Full-time. Shift starts at 7:00 am runs until job is complete. All crews meet at Newville Office with work sites in Mechanicsburg.
Landscape or maintain grounds of Commercial Shopping Centers using hand or power tools or equipment. Workers typically perform a variety of tasks, which may include any combination of the following: mowing, trimming, planting, watering, fertilizing, digging, and raking.
Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing and removing thatch, and trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, and walls.
Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
Mow and edge lawns, using power mowers and edgers.
Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, and shrubs, and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
Attach wires from planted trees to support stakes.
Gather and remove litter.
Prune and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
Rake, mulch, and compost leaves.
Trim and pick flowers, and clean flower beds.
Water lawns, trees, and plants, using portable sprinkler systems, hoses, or watering cans.
Maintain and repair tools, equipment, and structures such as buildings, greenhouses, fences, and benches, using hand and power tools.
Operate powered equipment such as mowers, tractors, chain-saws, and pruning saws.
Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge and brush trimmers, and axes.
Pass a background check, pre-placement and random drug screenings.
Driver license with good driving record preferred. Trailer-towing experience a plus.
Full time position 7am-5pm. Employee will be working as a landscaper, performing duties such as installing mulch, trimming shrubs, planting trees and shrubs, and many other types of projects. Employee will also have the opportunity to work on Hardscaping projects including patios, retaining walls, fire pits, and outdoor kitchens. Experience is not required. Must provide your own transportation to and from work.
-Drivers License Required
-2-5+ Years plus experience in Landscape/ Hardscape/Grounds
-PLEASE SEND RESUME
-FULL TIME YEAR ROUND WORK
-Pay is based on experience!
-Plenty of potential to move up in the company
-401K Benefits offered after the first year!
$10.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Virginia Beach, VA 23451
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!