Landscaper Job Description Sample
Waverly Heights, Ltd., a premier life care community located on 63 acres in Gladwyne, PA, is currently seeking a Part Time Landscaper. Candidate will participate in all outdoor maintenance activities including mowing, fertilization, reseeding, pruning shrubs, plantings, equipment maintenance, insect/pest control, and snow removal. 3 years recent experience with a large institution is preferred.
High level of contact with Waverly residents and outside contractors. Waverly Heights offers excellent work environment.
Landscaper / Yard Installer
Hoosier Landscaping Group, LLC is looking for experienced landscapers.
- New residential landscape install
- Finish Grading
- Operation of Skid Steer or willing to learn
- Vehicle operation with trailer
- Physical labor
- Sod Installation
- Hydro-seed installation
Position requires current valid drivers license and transportation to office.
This is a great opportunity for someone to grow and advance in the landscaping industry!
West Valley Landscaper Openings - Available Immediately
APPLY ONLINE: http://Careers.LegacyTraditional.org/
- Maintains the general appearance of exterior landscaping in a quality manner by following daily, weekly, monthly and annual landscape schedules
- Weeds landscaped planting beds; mows and edges lawn areas and fence lines
- Edges and trims around walkways, sidewalks, flower beds and against walls
- Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve appearance and growth
- Sprays lawn areas with herbicides to control undesirable weeds as directed
- Maintains all landscape equipment and tools in good working condition and demonstrates proficiency of use (pole saws, chainsaws, lawn mowers, etc.)
- Waters lawn areas using timed and manual irrigation system methods
- Maintains and makes minor repairs to irrigation systems
- Assures exterior play areas and equipment are safe
- Monitors grounds and playground areas and responds to any unsafe situations
- Empties exterior trash cans and picks up exterior trash
- Assists with field preparation for sporting events
- Rakes rock areas to maintain uniform spreading, especially around playground equipment
- Blows sidewalks to keep free of rocks and debris
- Follows Landscape Management Guide, Landscape Schedules, Field and Ground Treatment Schedules and Annual Soil Testing Reports; makes recommended changes as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year of experience (prefer 2-5 yrs.) of professional landscape experience.
- Must have the knowledge, skills and interest in improving and maintaining landscape quality throughout the campus.
- Requires landscape and maintenance knowledge in the care and upkeep of play fields, landscaped areas, walkways, parking lots and all other campus exterior areas.
- Able to meet the physical demands - lifting 40-50 lbs.; ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Able to work safely with mechanical and manually operated landscaping equipment and tools.
- Able to work outside in high temperatures (up to and above 100 degrees) on a regular basis to complete landscape tasks.
- Must hold or acquire the Arizona Certified Landscape Professional designation within 6 months of hire. Cost is the responsibility of the employee.
- Willing to follow all company work rules, including safety rules as defined in the company handbook and follow all required PPE for landscape duties.
- Able to work independently in a quality manner.
- Able and willing to fill in for custodial duties as needed and to support school events which may require extra hours.
- Able and willing to be flexible regarding work hours to support needed campus coverage, particularly in the absence of the Campus Manager
Work hours: 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM daily – Monday-Friday. Schedule subject to change with changing seasons or for other campus needs; such changes must be coordinated with District Facilities.
Starting Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour +DOE
Please note: We do not participate is the Arizona State Retirement System
- At least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Hold or Able to Obtain an AZ Department of Public Safety IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must hold or Acquire Arizona Certified Landscape Professional (employee responsible for cost)
Founded in 2007, Legacy Traditional School District has been awarded an "A" rating from the AZ Department of Education since the inception of its rating program and is fully accredited by AdvancEd.
Please apply directly to our career page: http://careers.legacytraditional.org
Westminster Village is looking for a Landscaper I to add to the team. Apply now for your opportunity to work for an amazing company with great benefits.
- Performs daily pool maintenance and records test readings in log
- Performs grounds-keeping duties; trash and weed control; mowing; trimming; painting; sweeping; digging; raking; planting and custodial
- Operates light and medium grounds equipment such as utility vehicle, mowers, power rake, rototiller, weed eater, etc.
- Repairs and maintains sprinkler systems
- Performs additional job tasks as required by the grounds supervisor
- High school graduate and/or high school equivalent
- Training in one of the several skills such as groundskeeping, pool maintenance, and sprinkler systems
- Sufficient knowledge of chemicals used for weed control, pesticides and fertilizers
- Basic knowledge of sprinkler system installation and repair
- Basic knowledge of seasonal change requirements
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. independently
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to bend and stoop
- Skilled in prioritizing and working well with frequent interruptions
- Good hand and eye coordination
- Ability to work outside in various temperatures for long periods of time
Our next employee will be involved in landscape installation and landscape maintenance we also are branching out into house maintenance. We will need a flexible individual who is self-motivated and eager to learn how we work and, we expect a minimum of 2 to 3 years experience in the landscaping field. We need a drug-free individual who has a clean driving record and can take on responsibility. A trustworthy individual with a good sense of customer relations.
You will need to supply your own tools, such as and handclippers, loppers hand saw, gloves, rain gear etc. A fundamental understanding of pruning, chemicals and power tool maintenance.
Daily Schedule: 7:30 am – varies (generally 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm)
Job Duties: Move soil, equipment, materials
Dig holes for plants, trees
Install landscape materials
Weed, spread mulch
Must have valid State ID (Many jobsites now require ID’s)
Able to lift 50 lbs.
Pre-Employment drug test and Background Check
Experience preferred but not required
At Givens, your work is more than just a job, it is a calling. As a Givens team member, you will have an opportunity to impact our residents lives, develop close and meaningful relationships, and feel the value that you bring each and every day!
A full time position is available in the Grounds Department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: herbaceous and woody plant installation and maintenance, the daily upkeep of campus grounds, and the proper application of fertilizers and pesticides. The successful candidate will have an exemplary work ethic, an eagerness to learn, and be willing to work in extreme weather conditions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: The preferred candidate will have previous experience and a Pesticide Applicators License.
Team Member Benefits:
Full-time and part-time positions qualify for benefits which include: two major medical health insurance plans that include dental and vision care, paid time off accrual, 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching of employee contribution, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short-term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, AFLAC insurance products, Lincoln Life insurance products, uniform allowance (certain departments), and educational assistance.
- Givens Estates Wellness Center offers employees and a plus one access to pool hours, family swim times, and a fitness center;
- On-site medical massage by appointment;
- You are welcome to enjoy our miles of hiking trails and outdoor areas;
- Meal discounts on campus;
- Yearly campus family events (vary at each location);
- Access to Wellness initiatives, programs, and fairs;
- Discounts and perks with local area businesses;
- 22% Verizon plan discounts;
- Employee appreciation events;
- Access to Health management program if insured by Givens;
- Yearly training and professional development opportunities;
- Annual Company Picnic;
- And many more!
Landscaper (Charlotte, NC)
Maintain grounds for equipment dealership including turf, flower beds, hardscapes, irrigation systems, ponds, fountains, landscape lighting, outdoor furniture, flags, flag poles, fences, bird feeders, retaining walls. Trimming, pruning, weeding, planting, tilling, edging, mowing, raking, chipping.
Apply fertilizer, weed control, pest/insect control. Operate light to medium trucks and trailers to transport equipment including trenchers, chippers, hand-tools, skid-steers and supplies.
Assists with special construction projects (renovations, remodels or general building maintenance)
- Current driver's license for the state you reside in
- 3-year clean driving record
- Landscaping experience
Background and MVR check and drug screen will be required
What we offer:
Compensation - hourly paid position
- Paid medical insurance for the employee
- Uniforms provided
- Sick leave
- Profit sharing
Hours 7 a.m.- 4 p.m., Monday- Friday; Some overtime will be required
Work individually or with a crew to perform task at shop or on client properties. Attention to detail and a good work ethic are necessary to be succesful in this position. Work performed on customer properties can range from lawn mowing, to hardscape install or tree removals. Work performed at the shop will include material handling and customer service as well as any other task that may need to be completed.
Mowing, deck and patio installs, remodels
Landscape General Labors!
38th Street and Southern
Pay starting $10/hr
Temp to Hire position.
Must be able to pass Drug Test
For more information contact 602-753-3846 ext 118
VimHR is ranked by The Phoenix Business Journal as one of the "Top 10" Employment Agencies in the valley and also earned a spot on the Inc 5000 list as one of the fastest growing private companies in America.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!