Lapping Machine Operator Production Job Description Sample
Machine Operator - Lapping / Surface Grinder
We are seeking a Lapping / Surface Grinder to join our team! You will operate variety of machines and mechanical instruments.
- Operate machine tools to produce precision thread gages
- Modify parts and materials to improve overall production
- Test completed gages to detect and remove defects
- Perform routine maintenance on machinery
- Calculate dimensions and tolerance using measuring instruments
- Previous experience in machinery or other related fields (preferred but not required)
- Familiarity with machine tools and equipment
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong attention to detail
Production Machine Operator
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION Producing machine components that meet supplier and customer needs, work standards, and all quality requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES * Support daily manufacturing work schedules, meeting all goals of safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
Self-sufficiency in operating complex machining equipment including start-up and shutdown, re-starts after stoppages, and problem solving equipment processing issues.
Demonstrate strong math skills and part print interpretation skills including tolerances, GD&T;, materials and processes.
Ability to properly load/unload materials and parts in a safe & efficient manner.
Demonstrate full understanding of complex gauging including set-up and operation.
Perform necessary quality checks of parts including the effective use of calipers, micrometers and complex functional gauges.
Remove chips/swarf from machines to maintain proper machinery operation.
Perform operator PM of machinery including required lubrication & maintaining proper oil and coolant levels.
Exhibit strong problem solving capabilities with ability to make process improvement recommendations.
Work closely with team leader and team members to achieve necessary work requirements.
Maintain a clean work environment including daily cleaning of floors and machinery within the assigned work area.
Exhibit proficiency in basic shop skills including 5S and safety, obtaining & utilizing manufacturing documents, basic part print understanding, general gauging procedures, refractometer readings and coolant concentrations adjustments, general SPC station utilization, material scrap procedures, ISO guidelines, and productivity database utilization.
Ability to maintain and operate multiple machines at a time.
Complete any and all necessary forms and paperwork.
Understands and follows the Jackson site’s environmental policy and the environmental impacts associated with their work activities.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES * Must be capable of following written and verbal instructions
Must be capable and willing to work in a machining environment requiring the use of cutting fluids and oils
Must be capable of working in a standing job for continuous periods of 8-10 hours
Must be capable of lifting and moving parts containers weighing up to 40 lbs
Must be capable of focusing on safety first followed by quality
Must be a team player, capable of working effectively in a team environment
Must be flexible and willing to work the necessary overtime required to meet aggressive goals
Must be dependable, punctual, and have good attendance
Must demonstrate accountability and ownership
Must demonstrate cooperativeness
Must respect all people and work well with people of all levels
QUALIFICATIONS * High School Diploma or GED required * 2 years of equivalent machining experience
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand; regularly required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear; and occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. ## EEO Statement All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Requisition Number: 51587BR
Business:* US - GTS - Operations
Machine / Production Operator
What Southwire is looking for in Machine Operator candidate.
Southwire is looking for people that have a HEAVY BACKGROUND in a MANUFACTURING ENVIRONMENT. Our Operators are working inside of a large building with several things going on at one time. It may be hot or even chilly at times, and therefore very physical. Attention to detail is paramount, and you MUST have a high aptitude skill level in mechanical operation, and mathematics. One of our Machines is called an Extruder, and it literally places a Nylon coating on Electrical cables to a desired length. An Extruder operator must be able to multi-task, and yet can focus on the finished product with zero defects. CNC operators, Machinists, RF Press operators, and Injection Molding machine operators are good examples of the types of candidates that Southwire is looking for.
Each candidate who applies will be given an ability assessment test, that will determine a baseline of the skills needed to perform the job of basic machine operator. From there we will provide a technical interview to see if you are the type of person who has what it takes to work at Southwire within it’s Manufacturing Division.
Candidates applying for machine Operation position must understand that they will be physically working in a Warehouse Environment, and will constantly be moving.
Must have: High School diploma or equivalent, be able to pass a drug screen and background check, and pass a Southwire Assessment test designed of the above type work.
Fast paced Manufacturing Machine operations, or equivalent experience. (I.E: Military Hydraulics Specialist, working in large hanger, with lots of aircraft being serviced).
Southwire Company Background:
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is North America's largest wire and cable producer. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, utility products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. For more on Southwire's products, its community involvement and its vision of sustainability, visit www.southwire.com and www.southwiretools.com
Production Machine Operator
WP Rawl is a grower, processor, and distributor of over 15 different varieties of fresh vegetables harvested year round and more than 50 different packaged value-added products. Since 1925 our headquarters in the midlands of South Carolina has grown from a small family operation to a business retaining nearly 800 employees shipping products to retailers from Florida to Maine across to Texas and Wisconsin. We are committed to implementing practices that are both sustainable and ensure food safety. Our employees are an extension of our family, each of whom has an opportunity to impact every area of the business. We are currently in search for qualified Bagger Operator supporting our processing facility in Pelion, SC.
We are seeking a Production Machine to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
The Production Machine Operator is responsible for placing products safely and effectively in appropriate packages, keeping up with product output, maintaining a smooth and timely production line and ensuring the packaging equipment stays in good working condition. All procedures and practices used are grounded in standards, regulations and laws addressing food safety and food quality, as well as environmental safety in accordance with
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Operate equipment to optimum efficiencies to meet quality, cost and operational requirements of daily schedules.
- Coordinate, schedule and track all product and packaging going to and going from bagger line.
- Checks all packages for correct dates, codes, weights and cut lines and intervenes immediately with machine adjustments as needed
- Reduce packaging and product waste by operating equipment efficiently.
- Communicate with the QA technicians, leads, and supervisors to ensure product quality, timely production, timely accurate production reporting in a safe work environment and product is safe for human consumption.
- Monitor actual production against schedule; communicate/coordinate required volumes with production supervisor.
- Create and maintain a teamwork environment within the facility.
- Complete sanitation of line and equipment as needed/directed.
- Improve production efficiencies through training, equipment recommendations and communications with supervisor, etc.
- Notify management of any production, safety, quality or environmental concerns with equipment, operation or facility.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Full benefits package available medical/dental; plus flexible spending, short term disability, Life insurance and PTO
- 401(K) plan with company match available
- Employee Referral Bonus up to $1000
Production Machine Operator
Production Machine Operator.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in manufacturing.
· Experience with extrusion and coilers a plus.
· Need to be able to read and understand production orders, identify the correct raw materials, change gears and rollers.
· Quality control.
· Basic maintenance and repair on machinery.
· Must be able to work independently.
· Lifting up to 50lbs, twisting, bending, reaching, and standing for entire shift. Warehouse is not conditioned.
· Training will take place on 1st shift for approximately 3 months. After training shift could change to 2nd or 3rd depending on operational necessity.
Production Machine Operator
The Machine Operator is responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of a sophisticated, computerized, manufacturing machine and reports to the Plant Manager. The Machine Operator will:
--assure that equipment and tools are used according to the manufacturer's specifications.
--take a variety of measurements throughout the shift to monitor the process and ensure quality.
--perform machine setup and maintenance as needed according to machine specifications.
--clean the machines as needed throughout the shift.
--operate a forklift as needed.
A minimum of 2 years of manufacturing experience. Show strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills. Work independently and with a team. Need to have strong communication skills. Able to work with excel and word documents.
Forklift experience desired, but not required.
Candidate must be able to work 1st or 2nd shift, depending on need – Monday through Friday. Overtime required occasionally.
Candidates must read and speak English fluently.
Pavestone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates must be willing and able to pass a drug screen and physical. Please apply through this ad, or you may come to our offices at 9401 E. 96th Avenue to fill out an application. No phone calls will be accepted. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE, no relocation help provided.
Pavestone seeks highly motivated individuals to grow with us. We offer competitive compensation (paid bi-weekly), great benefits-health, dental, vision, vacation, 401(k), life insurance, and 10 holidays after 90 days of employment and 401(k) after six months.
Pavestone is committed to a safe work environment and strict adherence to our safety policies is required. Quality assurance is paramount to the success of our organization and each position plays a vital role. The successful candidate will demonstrate a history of reliability both in attendance and quality of work completed.
Machine Operator And Production Openings - Linden Area
Machine Operator and Production Openings!
Linden Area Jobs!
$13.00 1st Shift, $14.00 2nd & 3rd Shift
Machine Ops: Feed metal product into machines,
monitor temperature, take and test samples.
Any Machine Op exp. desired!
Production: Pick, sort, inspect product. No exp. needed!
Excellent temp to hire opportunity after 90 days!
AMAZING FULL TIME BENEFITS! 100% Co Paid Insurance!
Call NOW to get HIRED!
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Production / Machine Operator
* Machine Operators are responsible for loading and unloading raw plastic and other materials, from racks to machines, on a daily schedule while monitoring the output and operations of machines they are assigned to.
* Operators will be required to maintain a clean, safe, and organized work space.
* The role may involve additional responsibilities and opportunities as they become necessary and/or are assigned by management.
* Identify and resolve quality issues to insure the line is running properly.
* 1-3 years working in a manufacturing environment.
* The ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* The ability to work a 12 hour night and day rotating shift as assigned by management.
* The ability to meet all attendance requirements.Preferred
* Forklift experience is desired
* Ability to use a computer
* Communicate and interact with all levels of management
These positions are for full time permanent positions. After a 90 day probation period, an extensive insurance package is available and top pay! Positions are located in Shawnee but OKC, and surrounding areas are also welcome to apply.
$13.00 to $14.75 /hour
A1 Staffing is an agency that specializes in meeting the demands for Light industrial, medical, government/state agencies, and administrative positions, offering temporary, professional placement, and contract personnel. A1 Staffing & Recruiting Agency Inc. is committed to providing our clients with the very best employment services. We are a personnel agency with high goals and expectations. We strive to be fair, honest, and professional in all our dealings.
Machine Operator / Production Operator
Now hiring 1st and 2nd shift at $11 hr to start
The Company offers a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k), 10 paid holidays, paid vacation and personal days. Manufacture of silicone-based sealants, adhesives and lubrication products, plus PVC foam materials, for a wide range of applications.. Currently, we are experiencing growth in our PVC Foam and Silicone Sealants and Adhesives divisions. Openings exist for experienced talent for 1st and 2nd shift production opportunities.
- Experienced Mixers (5+ years’ experience)
- Machine Operators
- Packaging Operators
- Quality Control Technician (5+ years ‘experience)
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength 15 lbs to 40 lbs lifting
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Production Machine Operator
Grow with us as a Machine Operator in one of our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Florence, KY! By utilizing your strong communication skills and attention to detail you'll help us produce some of the world's most favorite products. You'll also collaborate with many diverse people and perspectives, and be a part of the united values and winning culture at Kellogg! WHAT WILL I BE DOING? In your role as a Machine Operator you will be part of our success by:
Producing high quality packaging of finished goods
Operating packaging equipment
Ensuring efficient and safe machine operation
Inspecting equipment and performing basic adjustments and preventative maintenance when needed
Cleaning and preparing equipment for production
Disassembling, assembling packaging and related equipment
Generating required production and quality control records and other required paperwork
Properly recording package and case coding
Following all Company Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE? As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements: Required:
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
Previous experience in a manufacturing setting or a related position
Operational understanding of manufacturing processes
Demonstrated the ability to operate machinery
Demonstrated knowledge of safety processes and regulations
Basic computer skills
Ability to follow instructions, verbal and written
Effective communication, interpersonal, technical, problem solving and organizational skills
Physically must be able to stand for long hours and be able to lift at or above waist at a maximum of fifty pounds Preferred:
Experience in the food manufacturing industry
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Mechanical aptitude WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW? The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf for English or this Link at http://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterSpanish.pdf for Spanish.
Title:Production Machine Operator
Job Type:Hourly Paid
Closing Date:Mar 7, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!