Last Repairer Helper Job Description Sample
Join the Sears Home Services team as a Technical Helper! Start your career as a future Service Technician!!
Sears Home Service, the home solutions division of Sears Holdings Corporation, is the nation's largest product repair service provider, providing more than 52 million solutions for homeowners annually is looking for an experienced In-Home Service Technician with a great attitude and the ability to help customers with their appliance repairs.
The Technical Helper is responsible for providing assistance to Service Technicians on repair calls and shuttling necessary parts and supplies for service repair completion.
*Responsibilities/Skills/Experience Requirements :
• Rides with or meets Technician at designated location to assist on service call
• Follows directions provided by Service Technician to assist in completing product repair, including, but not limited to assistance in
lifting, handling of tools, etc.
• Shuttles parts and supplies to Technician when applicable
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Ability to aid physically the Service Technician in the handling of appliances or equipment to be repaired
• Ability to work variable and flexible hours, including overtime as needed
• Ability to handle stressful situations, and to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to apply appropriate safety procedures and equipment to protect Company and customer assets
• Ability to communicate effectively with the Service Technician and customer
• Ability to read and utilize reports as needed
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
• Ability to follow Quality Management System (QMS) process guidelines
• Ability to maintain regular and consistent attendance
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment to deliver high performance results
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Open to change, with the ability to implement change quickly and effectively
• Ability to convey a positive image of the Company in all actions and behaviors
• Excellent communication skills
• Good listening skills
• Mechanical aptitude
• 18 years of age or older
- Health, dental, vision insurance.
- Company provides service vehicle, tools, iPhone, gas card, and more
- Ongoing certification and training on new technology
Sears Holdings Corporation is a Patriot Award recipient from the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), a proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP) and a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission.
Elevator Inspector-Repairman Helper
Overhead Door Technician Helper
Eastern Lift Truck Company, Inc.
Eastern Lift Truck Company, Inc., a leader in forklift sales, rentals, parts, and service for over 40 years, was built on the motto "We're Known for Good Service”. We are expanding and looking for motivated people who wish to contribute and be a part of our growth. Currently, we are seeking an Overhead Door Technician Helper based out of our Baltimore, MD location.
Overhead Door Technician Helper Duties:
- Assist lead technician in the installation and/or repair of overhead door and dock leveling systems.
- Help to resolve issues to customer satisfaction within policy while interacting effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Will work to learn troubleshooting and repairs on mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems pertaining to the operation of overhead doors and dock leveling systems.
- Works from ladders, scaffolding, and aerial lifts. Wears PPE and fall protection.
This is a “hands-on”, work in the field position. It may require some evening and weekend work.
Overhead Door Technician Helper Requirements:
- Experience diagnosing, repairing, inspecting, and maintaining commercial dock levelers and overhead steel doors (preferred, but not required)
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems (preferred, but not required)
- Welding / fabricating experience a plus
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Excellent communication skills
- Good driving record
- Customer focused
- Stable work history
Eastern Lift Truck offers competitive wages and excellent benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Prescription Plan.
- 401k with partial company match
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic and Supplemental life insurance policies
- Paid vacation and comp days
- Paid holidays
To learn more about this Overhead Door Technician Helper position and our growing company, please visit our website at www.easternlifttruck.com.
***Eastern Lift Truck Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
|JOB TITLE:||Mechanic Helper||DATE REVISED:|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Full Time||Job No.:|
|REPORTS TO:||Production Supervisor||Department:||Production|
The mechanic helper repairs and overhauls buses, coaches, trollies, trams, railway cars and other automotive vehicles
- Plans work procedure
- Raises vehicle, with hydraulic jack or hoist, to gain access to mechanical units bolted to underside of vehicle
- Removes unit such as engine, transmission, or differential, brakes valves and front and rear suspension
- Disassembles unit and inspects parts for wear
- Repairs or replaces parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings
- Overhauls or replaces, blowers, generators, starters, alternators and A/C components
- Rewires lights, and instrument panel, trouble shooting
- Relines and adjusts brakes, aligns front end, repairs or replaces shock absorbers, and solders leaks in radiator
- Mends damaged body and fenders by hammering out or filling in dents and welding broken parts
- Replaces and adjusts headlights, and installs and repairs accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, windshield wipers, and windshields
- Additional cross-functional duties as required
- Knowledge of computer software associated with specific diesel engines
- Strong electrical knowledge a plus
- Must know hand powered and manual tools
- Ability to work under minimum supervision while working in a team-oriented environment
- Automotive/Diesel training / certification a PLUS!
- Ability to work under pressure under strict deadlines
- Communication both verbal and written
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
Must be able to:
- Carry, pull and push up to 50 pounds of dead weight
- Climb up and down a ladder
- Sit, stand stoop, kneel, squat, crouch and or crawl
- Twist or turn in confined spaces
After your probation period is completed all full time employees of D/T Carson Enterprises Inc. will be offered excellent benefits such as:
- Dental / Vision
- Long and Short Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K Benefits w a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth potential
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We are drug free workplace that conducts pre-employment physical and drug screenings. We are regulated by the department of transportation and will be conducting random drug testing at regular intervals.
You may apply for a position with D/T Carson Enterprises using one of these methods:
Option 1: Apply directly online: http://completecoach.catsone.com/careers/
Option 2: Schedule your interview directly with our corporate recruiter via phone or email
- 800-300-3751 / email@example.com
Option 3: We also accept walk in’s Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM on site at:
- 1863 Service Court Riverside CA 92507
*D/T Enterprises, Inc. reserves the right to amend or alter this description at any time at the discretion of the company. *
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!