Laster Hand Job Description Sample
Medical Assistant- Community Based Hand In Hand Peds
Come work for an organization where everything matters.
This is a Full-time, 1.0 FTE, 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday, 9:30am to 6pm, and benefit eligible position. Primarily working in the Dublin office, on occasion will be expected to work in the Marysville office when coverage is needed. Will be cross trained throughout the office.
Competitive pay based on experience.
Medical Assistants (MA) are part of a care team dedicated to the highest quality of care for our pediatric patient population and their families in Ambulatory Services at Children’s Community Practices (CCP). The Medical Assistant is directly responsible to the Program Manager or Supervisor for the work unit, and has daily reporting responsibilities to the lead Registered Nurse/Lead Medical Assistant present in the clinic. The Medical Assistant takes directions and follows orders for delegated duties (see Appendix A) from a Licensed Physician and physically present in the clinic.
The Medical Assistant may provide direct patient care to the pediatric/adolescent/adult population served within the ambulatory setting. The MA will provide the highest quality of care. Verification of skill competency may include initial and possible annual verification for specific procedures as defined in Appendix A.
Interventions/tasks performed by the MA must adhere to approved standards of care as defined by Ohio Department of Health and Nationwide Children’s Hospital’s guidelines for Community Practices, policies, procedures and standards. In compliance with the Ohio Administrative Code (set forth at OAC 4731-23-02(B), a Medical Assistant is considered an
Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (UAP).
1. Medical Assistants at CCP assist with the following clinical tasks:
a. Rooming of patients
b. Vital signs
c. Heights and weights
d. Screening questions, transcribing patient or families responses into the medical record such as:
2. Provides basic supportive care:
3. Collects and reports data to a Licensed Professional, including any abnormal findings and documents all findings in the medical record. The MA may not assess, interpret findings or plan care based on the findings.
4. Performs only medical procedures that are approved for an MA to perform at Children’s Community Practices. Please see Appendix A for a complete list of approved procedures.
5. Medications: Administers only medications approved for an MA to administer at Children’s Community Practices. Please see Appendix B for a complete list of approved medications.
a. Must follow Children’s Community Practice Medication Administration Policy and document the Medication 5 Rights.
b. Medical Assistants can act only on a medication order placed by a physician. Medical Assistants cannot act on medication orders placed by an Advanced Practiced Nurses (APN) or a written protocol order for a medication placed by a RN.
c. The following criteria must be met for an MA to act upon a written order that is outside the scope of UAP:
• Within the guidelines/policies and procedures set by Children’s Community Practices and other regulatory agencies governing practice within Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
• Approved by the specific service/program and be listed in Appendix A
• Adhering to organizational specific policy and/or procedures set forth by Children’s Community Practices for the procedure, intervention and/or mediation administration
• Competency verification, initial and annual as indicated by the hospital or Program Manager. (see appendix A)
• A signed written order is in the patient’s medical record prior to initiating an order. The order must be signed by the Physician
o Medical Assistants may not take verbal or telephone orders or initiate protocol orders.
o The ordering Physician must be present in the clinic or unit and immediately available while the order is being acted upon.
6. A Medical Assistant may take direction and delegation of orders and/or tasks from a Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse and an Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) as long as it meets the following criteria:
a. Is within the training and scope of the Medical Assistant
b. Initial and annual competencies are verified, as needed, prior to performing the task, treatment or intervention.
c. See Appendix A for a detailed list, as well as specific clinic/program approvals.
1. Prepares medical record for patient/family visits, including pre-visit data gathering.
2. Greets patient/families and escorts to exam rooms. Updates patients/families in the waiting area regarding waiting time, delays as directed.
3. Assists with general reception filing, record keeping, and copying.
4. Obtains release of information forms and adheres to HIPAA regulations regarding protected health information.
5. Places lab data in the medical record.
6. Answers phones and directs questions appropriately.
7. Follows up on broken appointments and makes patient reminder calls as directed.
8. Orders and stocks supplies as needed.
9. Registers patient as instructed and after completion of training program. Schedules patient appointments as directed.
10. Manages time and resources to complete assigned tasks in an efficient manner.
1. Assists in maintaining a safe clean environment for patients and families.
2. Performs cleaning duties as assigned.
3. Checks electrical equipment for inspection stickers/expiration date.
4. Reports supply/equipment problems to supervisor.
5. Assures that Joint Commission Environment of Care standards are maintained in clinic.
6. Follows safety and emergency policies/procedures, OSHA standards/universal precautions.
1. Acts as a preceptor for orientation and training of new staff, float staff and students as directed.
2. Provides peer input for performance appraisals when appropriate.
3. Obtains Certification or Registration through one of the two below agencies within one (1) year of hire and maintains a current certification/registration thereafter:
a. CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) through American Association of Medical Assistants
b. RMA (Registered Medical Assistant) through American Medical Technologists.
4. Identifies own learning needs, seeks assistance and attends educational programs as needed.
5. Attends or completes annual and mandatory in-services and training within designated time frames.
6. Participates in educational activities offered by the unit/area/division.
7. Participates in unit/program/area quality improvement activities.
8. Maintains, assembles and distributes patient/family education materials as directed by Nurse/APN/Physician.
1. Participates as a member of the patient care team by assisting others and participating in unit councils and staff meetings.
2. Performs job within the framework of the policies and procedures set forth by Children’s Community Practices Demonstrates awareness of and support for the principle of Family Centered Care.
3. Demonstrates promptness and consistency in meeting scheduled work commitments.
4. Provides age-appropriate care (based on growth and development principles) to patients and families.
5. Practices respectful interpersonal interaction with patients/families and other members of the patient care team.
6. Communication and interaction in the presence of patients and staff is professional and follows HIPAA guidelines.
7. Maintains confidentiality and sensitivity to the special needs of patients and families.
8. Performs other duties as assigned, within scope and standards set by Nationwide Children's Hospital and with appropriate training and competency verification as needed.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
a. High School diploma or equivalent required.
b. Associates degree desirable.
c. Successful completion of a Medical Assisting training program
a. Certification or registration required through one of the two below agencies within one (1) year of hire:
• CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) through American Association of Medical Assistants
• RMA (Registered as a Medical Assistant) through American Medical Technologists.
• If not CMA or RMA at point of hire, one (1) year of previous Medical Assisting experience required and eligible to sit for the CMA/RMA within one (1) year of hire.
• Maintaining a current certification with CMA or RMA.
3. Successful passage of an NCH administered math test required prior to hire.
4. Previous Medical Assistant experience, in the pediatric setting highly desirable.
5. Strong written and verbal communications, interpersonal and problem-solving skills and professional behavior in the presence of patients and staff.
6. Successful completion of Unlicensed Assistive Personnel orientation, and skills verification as provided by Children’s Community Practices and on site training.
7. Must demonstrate competence as defined in the Medical Assistant responsibilities/skills checklist in providing age appropriate care and services to pediatric patients of all ages and select adult populations.
8. CPR trained (American Heart Association Heart saver with pediatric content) course, or Health Care Provider course or Red Cross equivalent.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and follow HIPAA requirements.
10. Valid Ohio driver’s license and transportation required to travel to off-site facilities.
11. Computer familiarity and literacy with general data entry. Ability to learn and be proficient with specific computer programs, systems and Electronic Medical Record documentation.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to see, hear, stand, walk, speak, read and perform manual tasks with or without accommodations, and care for oneself with little or no difficulty.
Must be able to independently lift up to 25 lbs.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
Farm Hand / Stable Hand / Ranch Hand
Looking for reliable / stable individuals for assisting on a horse farm. Individual will work on farm and in the stables looking after horses, keeping them clean, comfortable, fed, exercised and groomed. There are no set entry requirements, but experience of working with horses will be valuable.
Your day-to-day duties might include:
- giving horses food and water
- replacing bedding
- mucking out stables
- monitoring the condition of horses and reporting problems
- treating minor wounds, changing dressings and giving some medications
- following instructions from vets when treatment is needed
- grounds work
- operating equipment
You may also be responsible for exercising the horses each day.
Reliable transportation and valid drivers license necessary.
Compensation based on individual experience and skill level.
The purpose of the Yard Hand is to support the needs of the shop in a professional, safe and timely manner. An individual in this position will work to keep all equipment clean and organized in order to provide our field staff reliability, consistency and the highest standards possible. This individual is knowledgeable of heavy equipment and construction equipment. Work is performed inside in a warehouse environment and outside with regularly fluctuating temperatures. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Assist in Cleaning, maintaining and organizing equipment, construction equipment, and various pieces of machinery
Load and unload equipment and parts deliveries
Checks in equipment from rental or for maintenance
Move equipment or machinery as directed around yard.
Maintains work area and yard area in an organized manner
Assists with service and maintenance record keeping
Follows all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adheres to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook
Performs all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner Desired Skills and Experience:
High school diploma and/or GED + 1 - 2 years general labor experience, preferably in construction equipment, rental, or light industrial industries
General knowledge of gas and diesel engines, assorted tools, power equipment and various machine layouts
Understands the importance of time management, standards of operating procedures, owner’s manuals and product/warning labels
Ability to operate large, heavy machinery and handle assorted tools properly and safely (preferred)
Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear. This position requires a significant amount of time standing and walking.
Noise level in working environment can be moderate to high
Background check and pre-employment drug testing required
Personal appearance must be neat and clean
Certain positions require a valid driver's license and ability to meet requirements of the Company Driver Policy; the Company will review motor vehicle records annually for all employees for whom driving a motor vehicle is an essential job function or when employees must obtain and drive vehicles during the course of conducting company business 3S Services, LLC offers competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays along with a benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. 3S Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. 3S Services, LLC does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Help production and/or maintenance workers by performing duties of lesser skill. Duties include supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
Clean shop area, parking area, around the shop (trash, debris, etc.) * Operate machinery or assist machine operators.
Assist with duties related to the work environment
Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and notify operators of any malfunctions.
Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using hoists.
Count finished products to determine if product orders are complete.
Mark or tag identification on parts.
Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES * Help production workers by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work areas and equipment.
Clean and lubricate equipment
Record information such as the number of products tested, meter readings, and dates and times of product production
Clean shop area, parking area, around the shop (trash, debris, etc.) QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS * High School or GED preferred, previous shop experience preferred.
Valid Driver's License required. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Marketing Manager, Preoperative Hair Removal And Hand Hygiene
Job Description Summary # Job Description
Product Marketing Manager, Preoperative hair removal and hand hygiene We are building a world class marketing team based in Vernon Hills, Illinois. We have an open product marketing manager position supporting key product lines.
Job Summary: Marketing and Product Management is responsible for defining the market strategy, including product offering, pricing, positioning, distribution and promotion to drive the overall success of the business.
This position is focused on the US market, and will work with the internal functional leaders/areas across the Infection Prevention business.
The focus for this position is to drive awareness and usage of our products through evidence-based marketing programs. What is expected for success in this role: Maximize US market exposure to further industry leading position.
Identify target customer segments and develop compelling value propositions to meet the needs of each segment and comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Establish strategic and tactical go-to-market/campaign plans, including product-level positioning and messaging to be used by sales and marketing. Develop appropriate sales and partner training materials, collateral, guides and tutorials as needed.
Provide knowledge and expertise across the full marketing mix, including advertising, direct marketing, digital, tradeshows, public relations, scientific communications and other communications channels. Develop key opinion leader relationships and advocacy through evidence-based communication and education. Identify needs/opportunities to generate and communicate new evidence in support of the safety and efficacy our products.
Qualifications: Minimum of 5 – 7 years of product marketing experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical and/or medical device industry. Experience working with key opinion leaders in a targeted industry. Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Outstanding written and verbal presentation skills. Exceptional organizational and creative skills. High integrity and ethics.
Ability to travel (up to 30%). Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or advanced degree preferred. # Primary Work LocationUSA IL - Vernon Hills # Additional Locations # Work Shift Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status
Hand Or Physical Therapist-Ot/Pt (Prn)
Since our founding in 1955, our experienced and knowledgeable staff has been committed to providing patients with the most comprehensive orthopaedic care available in central Iowa. We are a surgeon owned, leading and trusted organization, devoted to providing world class care to our patients. DMOS Orthopaedic Center is dedicated to improving the lives of our patients in our communities by providing the highest quality of orthopaedic care.Our mission is to provide a world class brand experience for our patients and their families with our company – our people, physical locations, communications and our surgeons. We are all committed to improving lives – and without our patients, we would cease to exist. The Perks - DMOS Orthopaedic Centers offers you: A work-life balance with generous levels of time off
Competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insuranceA competitive 401K/pension plan SUMMARY DMOS is looking for a PRN Occupational Therapist to fill in during a long term employee absence and ongoing during vacations and sick days. The occupational therapist (OT) responsible for maintaining standards of professional and ethical practice following the guidelines of the State of Iowa Board of Examiners for Physical/Occupational Therapy. The hand therapist delivers quality therapy services to patients by performing evaluations and developing individual treatment plans and goals to maximize functional outcomes. The hand therapist actively participates in discharge planning, implements the treatment program, and reassesses treatment results. Services are delivered within the framework of The DMOS team approach and are delivered in compliance with DMOS mission, ethical standards, and policies and procedures. The hand therapist will work directly with the hand surgeon and orthopedic rehabilitation team to support, develop, and implement pre- and post- surgical protocols for hand rehabilitation services throughout the health system. The hand therapist will treat the following, but not limited to, conditions: tendon injuries, peripheral nerve injuries, crush injuries, repetitive motion disorders, lacerations, arthritis, joint replacement, and digit reattachments. Services provided by the hand therapist will include post-operative management of upper extremities, custom orthoses of the upper extremities, joint mobilization, instrument-assisted soft tissue techniques, manual therapy, taping techniques, wound and scar management, edema management, work simulation, range of motion, strengthening, and arthritis management. The hand therapist will be proficient and skilled in fabricating and choosing appropriate splints and other adaptive equipment. RESPONSIBILITIES
Evaluates/assesses patients in a systematic and thorough manner; establishes appropriate treatment plans and goals within specified time frames; administers appropriate treatments to patients; knowledge and skill in therapeutic exercises, modalities, rehab equipment, manual techniques, and transfers. The hand therapist will also be responsible for planning of services to include long-range, strategic and operational plans, resource allocation, and organizational policies to ensure stewardship of resources as well as optimal care for patients.
Maintains timely and accurate medical records; records legibly in patient charts; completes reports in an organized, thorough and timely manner to allow for continuity of care.
Completes all patient and family education; provides information on outside resources to meet the patient’s specific needs.
Assists in teaching, training, and mentoring of new/current therapists and support staff.
Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization’s needs. EDUCATION/SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree (e.g. BA, BS, BSN, BSW)
Preferred: Master's or Doctor's degree (e.g. MA, MS, MBA, MHA, MSN, MSW, MOT, DPT) majoring in Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy
Licensed by the State of Iowa; CPR Certification; Certified Hand Therapist
One or more years in practice as a Certified Hand Therapist
Lift up to 50lbs from floor to waist on an occasional basis.
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S. , was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information. D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for aRanch Handfor their Ranch Department. The right candidate willattendto livestock such as cattle, sheep, swine, and goats on farm. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Mixes feed and additives, fills feed troughs with feed, and waters livestock
Herds livestock to pasture for grazing
Examines animals to detect diseases and injuries
Vaccinates animals by placing vaccine in drinking water or feed or using syringes and hypodermic needles
Applies medications to cuts and bruises, sprays livestock with insecticide, and herds them into insecticide bath
Confines livestock in stalls, washes and clips them to prepare them for calving, and assists Veterinarian in delivery of offspring
Binds or clamps testes or surgically removes testes to castrate livestock
Clips identifying notches or symbols on animal or brands animal with branding iron to indicate ownership
Clamps metal rings into nostrils of livestock to permit easier handling and prevent rooting
Grooms, clips, and trims animals for exhibition
Cleans livestock stalls and sheds
Maintains ranch buildings and equipment
Plants, cultivates, and harvests feed grain for stock
Maintains breeding, feeding, and cost records Education and/or Experience One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental./Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton,America's Builder./
Help Wanted on Farm!Looking for farm employees to help with planting, harvesting, trellising, and weeding. Crops include tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, cut flowers and herbs.Work a 40 hour week, will need help by mid April to potentially October.
Could use up to 4 employees. Location is near Belle Plaine in Benton County. For moredetails and questions call Eric at 319-640- 1471.
Software Engineer Intern, Hand And Face Tracking (Phd University Student)
Summary: Great virtual reality technology depends on advances in computer vision and machine learning. As an intern at Oculus, you will get an opportunity to make an impact on one of our most exciting and challenging efforts aimed at providing immersive human presence and interaction.
You will apply advanced computer vision and machine learning techniques to solve problems at the forefront of virtual reality. The ideal candidate is pursuing a PhD in computer vision, machine learning, or graphics and is passionate about enhancing the user experience in virtual reality.
1. Research, develop, and implement a certain concept/module/capability related to providing human presence and interaction 2.
Collaboration with and support of other engineers across various disciplines 3. Communication of research project agenda, projects and results
4. Pursuing a PhD in the field of computer vision, machine learning, computer graphics, or robotics 5.
Must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship 6. Must be available for 12 week internship between January 1st, 2018 and December 31st, 2018. 7. 2+ years experience with systems building in C++ 8. Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-group and cross-culture collaboration 9.
High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities 10. Proven track record of achieving significant results 11. Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States for a 12 week internship between January 1st, 2018 and December 31st, 2018.
12. Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g.
Github) 13. Experience with articulated object modeling and tracking (e.g. hands, body), pose understanding, 3D reconstruction, face tracking, or numerical optimization
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.
Physician Assistant - Orthopaedic Surgery - Hand Service
Job ID :70516
Job Category: Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Specialty Area: Nurse Pract/ Phys Asst
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: See Job Description
Penn Medicine Entity: Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Address: 3737 Market St
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines. Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description : The Physician Assistant will provide diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services and see patients for the hand/upper extremity service, and see patients independently, as delegated by a physician. Working as members of the health care team, they will take medical histories, examine and treat patients, order and interpret laboratory tests and x rays, and make diagnoses.
Minimum Requirements : Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant program and a Master of Medical Science CPR/ BLS Certifications PA license and certificate Some Health Care experience preferred
Additional Information : Ability to use a personal computer Familiarity with Microsoft Word preferred Familiarity with internet functions Familiarity with Voice mail Familiarity with Email Supervisory Experience preferred We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives. Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/ Live Your Life's Work EOE/AA, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!