Lathe Hand Job Description Sample
Dominion Technologies Group, Inc. offers a large variety of automated equipment designed to meet assembly and process specifications, is looking for an Lathe Hand to join our team.
Dominion Technologies Group, founded in 1965, is a market leader in final line tooling and equipment for the worldwide automotive industry. Dominion has grown from its humble beginnings when 3 German toolmakers, with a vision to bring old world craftsmanship to Detroit, started business in a rented 9,000 square foot machine shop located in Detroit, Michigan.
Today Dominion, headquartered in Roseville Michigan, operates 7 facilities located in the US, Europe and China with over a quarter of a million square feet of manufacturing space.
Set up and operate Manual lathe to perform a series of machining operations such as turning, boring, threading, and facing, on components used for the manufacture of automated equipment.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Work from blueprints, job orders, tooling instructions, and standard charts for specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, and tooling instructions such as type of holding fixtures, cutting speeds, feed rates, and cutting tools to be used.
- Position and secure tools in tool holders on machines.
- Move controls to set specified rotation speeds, feed rates, and depth of cuts.
- Position and secure work piece in chuck or to faceplate.
- Verify conformance of machined work pieces to specifications.
- Compute such data as dimensions, rotation speeds, feed rates, and machining times.
- Follow quality and safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have proper tools
- Operate Lathe
- 2-5 year of experience
- Light physical demand – continuously lifting or moving very light weight material; or occasionally lifting or moving average weight material.
- Continuous mental and visual attention; usually repetitive work or diversified operations requiring constant alertness or activity.
Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
Fulltime position with full benefits available
Dominion Technologies Group is a global leader in automotive assembly line and processing equipment.
Dominion Technologies specializes in Alignment and Headlamp Aim Systems, Tire and Wheel Assembly application, Fluid processing applications, End-of-Line processing applications, and Material Handling applications.
Headquartered in Roseville, Michigan, Dominion services clients globally with manufacturing and sales locations in England, China, Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, and India.
Dominion Technologies was established in 1965 in Detroit, Michigan. Over the last 50 years, Dominion has grown exponentially both in size and experience
CNC Lathe Machinist (Twin-Spindle & Twin-Turret Lathe OR Vtl)
Job Title: CNC 8-Axis Machining Center Operator / CNC VTL Operator
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Duration: 3-6 months Temp-to-Direct Hire
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 2:30pm-11pm
Pay Range: $20 to $25/hour (Depends on experience)
Under moderate supervision, set up, operate, adjust, and edit programs on CNC 8-axis machining center/VTL and related equipment; check work for conformity to work specifications and quality standards; and perform related job duties as assigned.
Machine Shop Supervisor
Examples of Duties and
· Set up, operate, and adjust program/offsets on CNC 8-axis machining center/VTL in accordance with engineering specifications, production drawings, production procedures, and verbal instructions;
· Check work in process for adherence to quality and production standards;
· Change settings for various production runs
· Obtain and return work supplies from tool crib as needed;
· Maintain a clean and safe work area and equipment operating conditions;
· Use hand tools as required;
· Complete accurate production/work records;
· May deburr parts in completing production work;
· Operate jib crane and bridge crane to load and unload parts;
· Familiar with hitching and rigging equipment and their use;
· Regular punctuality, attendance, and absence reporting in conformance with company policies is essential to the successful performance of this position; and
· Fully comply with company rules, policies, procedures, and safety guidelines to ensure safe and effective operations.
Any combination equivalent of, but not limited to, the following:
A minimum of 3 years recent experience and training in editing programs and setting up, operating, and adjusting CNC 8-axis machining center/VTL in a production environment.
· Considerable knowledge of methods and techniques for operating CNC 8-axis machining center and related hand tools and equipment;
· Knowledge of safe equipment operating procedures and work practices;
· Knowledge of proper fluid levels and coolant ;
· Ability to operate and adjust equipment control settings;
· Ability to check machined parts for conformity with work specifications and quality standards;
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints;
· Ability to operate computer to access, edit, and maintain company documentation and files, as required for assigned position and/or job at hand;
· Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with others;
· Ability to use precision measurement and hand tools;
· Ability to operate jib crane and bridge crane; and
· Knowledge of safe hitching and rigging techniques to manipulate parts.
· Ability to bend, stoop, stretch, reach, lift, move, and carry tooling and materials weighing 25 pounds or less;
· Ability to reach equipment control settings; and
· Ability to perform essential functions of the job, as defined;
o Reasonable accommodations provided upon request.
· Acceptable set of machinist's tools may be required; and
· Safety shoes required.
Swiss Lathe Programmer
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma.
Minimum 2-3 years orthopedic machining experience.
Programming and set-up experience for Citizen Swiss and Star Lathes.
5 year Cad Cam experience (Part Maker experience is preferred but not necessary).
Programs computer numerical control mechanical equipment to fabricate parts.
Proficient with Part Maker Cad Cam programming, machine set up and troubleshooting of CNC Swiss Lathe along with Quality Control procedures.
Detects malfunction in the machine operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools. Uses blueprints and other measuring devices to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product. At times, operators may be required to meet certain qualifications in specialized areas. Familiar with a variety of the fields’ concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
Knowledge of raw materials, tooling feeds and speeds, production processes, quality control and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product. Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
Essential Duties and
including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Program, set up and operate various Citizen and Star Swiss Machines.
Inspect to verify conformance with specifications, using mics, calipers, gages and other measuring equipment; report defective material or questionable conditions to the Production Manager.
Monitor machine performance regarding quantity output and quality, making adjustments as needed.
Monitor their employee’s performance regarding attendance, scrap rates, quantity output and quality.
Adjust machine controls and change tool setting in order to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
Lift metal stock or workpieces manually and position and secure them in machines, using fasteners and hand tools.
Move controls to set cutting speeds, depths and feed rates, and to position tools in relation to workpieces.
Position, secure and align cutting tools in toolholders on machines, using hand tools, and verify their positions with measuring instruments.
Select cutting tools and tooling instructions, according to written specifications or knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
Study blueprints and job orders for information on specifications and tooling instructions, and to determine material requirements and operational sequences.
Compute unspecified dimensions and machine settings, using knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follow prescribed safety procedures.
Read and interpret drawings, follow routers, using simple math to perform basic calculations; use handheld and other measuring tools.
Perform inspection of machine products, including documentation of the results.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma.
Minimum 2-3 years orthopedic machining experience.
Programming and set-up experience for Citizen Swiss and Star Lathes.
5 year Cad Cam experience (Part Maker experience is preferred but not necessary).
Zing Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Medical Assistant- Community Based Hand In Hand Peds
Come work for an organization where everything matters.
This is a Full-time, 1.0 FTE, 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday, 9:30am to 6pm, and benefit eligible position. Primarily working in the Dublin office, on occasion will be expected to work in the Marysville office when coverage is needed. Will be cross trained throughout the office.
Competitive pay based on experience.
Medical Assistants (MA) are part of a care team dedicated to the highest quality of care for our pediatric patient population and their families in Ambulatory Services at Children’s Community Practices (CCP). The Medical Assistant is directly responsible to the Program Manager or Supervisor for the work unit, and has daily reporting responsibilities to the lead Registered Nurse/Lead Medical Assistant present in the clinic. The Medical Assistant takes directions and follows orders for delegated duties (see Appendix A) from a Licensed Physician and physically present in the clinic.
The Medical Assistant may provide direct patient care to the pediatric/adolescent/adult population served within the ambulatory setting. The MA will provide the highest quality of care. Verification of skill competency may include initial and possible annual verification for specific procedures as defined in Appendix A.
Interventions/tasks performed by the MA must adhere to approved standards of care as defined by Ohio Department of Health and Nationwide Children’s Hospital’s guidelines for Community Practices, policies, procedures and standards. In compliance with the Ohio Administrative Code (set forth at OAC 4731-23-02(B), a Medical Assistant is considered an
Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (UAP).
1. Medical Assistants at CCP assist with the following clinical tasks:
a. Rooming of patients
b. Vital signs
c. Heights and weights
d. Screening questions, transcribing patient or families responses into the medical record such as:
2. Provides basic supportive care:
3. Collects and reports data to a Licensed Professional, including any abnormal findings and documents all findings in the medical record. The MA may not assess, interpret findings or plan care based on the findings.
4. Performs only medical procedures that are approved for an MA to perform at Children’s Community Practices. Please see Appendix A for a complete list of approved procedures.
5. Medications: Administers only medications approved for an MA to administer at Children’s Community Practices. Please see Appendix B for a complete list of approved medications.
a. Must follow Children’s Community Practice Medication Administration Policy and document the Medication 5 Rights.
b. Medical Assistants can act only on a medication order placed by a physician. Medical Assistants cannot act on medication orders placed by an Advanced Practiced Nurses (APN) or a written protocol order for a medication placed by a RN.
c. The following criteria must be met for an MA to act upon a written order that is outside the scope of UAP:
• Within the guidelines/policies and procedures set by Children’s Community Practices and other regulatory agencies governing practice within Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
• Approved by the specific service/program and be listed in Appendix A
• Adhering to organizational specific policy and/or procedures set forth by Children’s Community Practices for the procedure, intervention and/or mediation administration
• Competency verification, initial and annual as indicated by the hospital or Program Manager. (see appendix A)
• A signed written order is in the patient’s medical record prior to initiating an order. The order must be signed by the Physician
o Medical Assistants may not take verbal or telephone orders or initiate protocol orders.
o The ordering Physician must be present in the clinic or unit and immediately available while the order is being acted upon.
6. A Medical Assistant may take direction and delegation of orders and/or tasks from a Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse and an Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) as long as it meets the following criteria:
a. Is within the training and scope of the Medical Assistant
b. Initial and annual competencies are verified, as needed, prior to performing the task, treatment or intervention.
c. See Appendix A for a detailed list, as well as specific clinic/program approvals.
1. Prepares medical record for patient/family visits, including pre-visit data gathering.
2. Greets patient/families and escorts to exam rooms. Updates patients/families in the waiting area regarding waiting time, delays as directed.
3. Assists with general reception filing, record keeping, and copying.
4. Obtains release of information forms and adheres to HIPAA regulations regarding protected health information.
5. Places lab data in the medical record.
6. Answers phones and directs questions appropriately.
7. Follows up on broken appointments and makes patient reminder calls as directed.
8. Orders and stocks supplies as needed.
9. Registers patient as instructed and after completion of training program. Schedules patient appointments as directed.
10. Manages time and resources to complete assigned tasks in an efficient manner.
1. Assists in maintaining a safe clean environment for patients and families.
2. Performs cleaning duties as assigned.
3. Checks electrical equipment for inspection stickers/expiration date.
4. Reports supply/equipment problems to supervisor.
5. Assures that Joint Commission Environment of Care standards are maintained in clinic.
6. Follows safety and emergency policies/procedures, OSHA standards/universal precautions.
1. Acts as a preceptor for orientation and training of new staff, float staff and students as directed.
2. Provides peer input for performance appraisals when appropriate.
3. Obtains Certification or Registration through one of the two below agencies within one (1) year of hire and maintains a current certification/registration thereafter:
a. CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) through American Association of Medical Assistants
b. RMA (Registered Medical Assistant) through American Medical Technologists.
4. Identifies own learning needs, seeks assistance and attends educational programs as needed.
5. Attends or completes annual and mandatory in-services and training within designated time frames.
6. Participates in educational activities offered by the unit/area/division.
7. Participates in unit/program/area quality improvement activities.
8. Maintains, assembles and distributes patient/family education materials as directed by Nurse/APN/Physician.
1. Participates as a member of the patient care team by assisting others and participating in unit councils and staff meetings.
2. Performs job within the framework of the policies and procedures set forth by Children’s Community Practices Demonstrates awareness of and support for the principle of Family Centered Care.
3. Demonstrates promptness and consistency in meeting scheduled work commitments.
4. Provides age-appropriate care (based on growth and development principles) to patients and families.
5. Practices respectful interpersonal interaction with patients/families and other members of the patient care team.
6. Communication and interaction in the presence of patients and staff is professional and follows HIPAA guidelines.
7. Maintains confidentiality and sensitivity to the special needs of patients and families.
8. Performs other duties as assigned, within scope and standards set by Nationwide Children's Hospital and with appropriate training and competency verification as needed.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
a. High School diploma or equivalent required.
b. Associates degree desirable.
c. Successful completion of a Medical Assisting training program
a. Certification or registration required through one of the two below agencies within one (1) year of hire:
• CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) through American Association of Medical Assistants
• RMA (Registered as a Medical Assistant) through American Medical Technologists.
• If not CMA or RMA at point of hire, one (1) year of previous Medical Assisting experience required and eligible to sit for the CMA/RMA within one (1) year of hire.
• Maintaining a current certification with CMA or RMA.
3. Successful passage of an NCH administered math test required prior to hire.
4. Previous Medical Assistant experience, in the pediatric setting highly desirable.
5. Strong written and verbal communications, interpersonal and problem-solving skills and professional behavior in the presence of patients and staff.
6. Successful completion of Unlicensed Assistive Personnel orientation, and skills verification as provided by Children’s Community Practices and on site training.
7. Must demonstrate competence as defined in the Medical Assistant responsibilities/skills checklist in providing age appropriate care and services to pediatric patients of all ages and select adult populations.
8. CPR trained (American Heart Association Heart saver with pediatric content) course, or Health Care Provider course or Red Cross equivalent.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and follow HIPAA requirements.
10. Valid Ohio driver’s license and transportation required to travel to off-site facilities.
11. Computer familiarity and literacy with general data entry. Ability to learn and be proficient with specific computer programs, systems and Electronic Medical Record documentation.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to see, hear, stand, walk, speak, read and perform manual tasks with or without accommodations, and care for oneself with little or no difficulty.
Must be able to independently lift up to 25 lbs.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
CNC (Vbm/Hbm Lathe Operator) Machinist
BWXT has more than 5,200 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, VA; Erwin, TN: Mount Vernon, IN; Euclid, OH; Barberton, OH; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U. S. Department of Energy sties around the country.
Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com
Sets up and operates CNC vertical machining center with vertical and horizontal capabilities, CNC vertical boring mill and CNC operated lathe. Utilize CNC controls to operate or maintain machines, right angle heads, CN facing heads, inspection probe, grinding/tools attachments, tool setter and all types of fixtures.
Operate a variety of hand tools including precision measuring equipment, grinding/cleaning equipment, radio and floor operated cranes and any other tools for fulfillment of job duties. Keep work area and machines clean and orderly. Must pass tests such as but not limited to fork truck and crane operator.
Job Qualifications / Requirements ● High school diploma or GED is required ● A minimum of 3 + years of experience in machining large components on either CNC VMCs or CNC VBMs ● Ability to perform set-ups ● Understanding of drawings and specifications ● Use of precision measuring equipment ● Knowledgeable of all machine functions as well as G & M coded commands (prefer familairlization with Siemens or Fanuc controls) ● Prefer journeyman machinist or equivalent ● Completion of skills assessment and mechanical aptitude test prior to consideration In addition, qualified candidates must be U.S. citizens and must be able to work ANY SHIFT. BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opprtunity in employment of all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other categaory protected by federal, state and /or local law.
CNC Lathe Operator-1St Shift
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Set up, Program and Run CNC Lathe Machine.
Understand and select correct tooling. Produce parts within required tolerances and specifications. Ensure the CNC Machine is operating at the highest level of productivity appropriate to the assigned project.
Review set up sheets and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence and dimensions. Assemble cutting tools in tool holders and position in machine spindles as specified using hand tools or insert cutting tools. Measure work piece for conformance to specification using measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicator and gages.
Adjust machine speeds and feeds and change cutters to machine parts according to specifications. Maintain statistical process control charts. Responsible for keeping work area clean and neat.
Experience in a metal shop. Willing to cross train on different equipment. Must be familiar with controls such as Mazak, and Mazatrol.
Set-up experience required Ability to read blueprints. 1st position available. 6:00am to 3:30pm Mon thru Friday. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
CNC Lathe Machinist - Programmer/Set-Up/Operator
Job Code: #2796 Title: CNC Lathe Machinist
- Programmer/Set-up/Operator Job Type: Full Time Job Location: Cameron Park California
General Description Set-up and operate metal cutting machine tools and operate a variety of manual and CNC machines including mills and lathes. Will be responsible for properly placing work piece in the machines and completing the operations specified on the job travelers. Must be capable of interpreting blueprints and part specifications to select the correct material, tools, and manufacturing processes. Must be familiar with G-code programming formats. Should have a good working knowledge of inspection equipment and be capable of selecting the proper inspection tool to verify product conformity to specifications. Working knowledge of programming techniques both at the machine control and via CAD/CAM software. Serves as a mentor to lower level Lathe Machinists and assists with coordinating workflow for maximum efficiency. Position Responsibilities/ Essential Functions Skill Level Knowledge
Capable of reading and understanding blue prints, drawings, sketches, specifications, manuals or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece.
Determine the sequence of operations and setup requirements to built work piece to specifications.
Working knowledge of processes and needed parameters for the efficient machining of materials including proper speeds, feeds, depth and angle of cuts.
Working knowledge of the machining characteristics of ferrous metals, (Steel, Stainless Steel, Titanium, Inconel, Hastalloy etc.) non- ferrous metals (Aluminum, Copper, Brass, etc) and plastics (Delrin, ABS, PVC, Polyproplyene etc)
- Capable of generating CNC programs and interpreting and editing programs using standard G-code formats. Skill Level Demonstrated Operations
Set-up and operation of machines for first article work piece and verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
Set-up and operate manual machines and CNC machines for production.
Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
Reads blue print and job traveler specifications to determine the proper tooling required to set up each operation.
Builds fixtures as required to hold work piece.
Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of work piece to specifications using standard measuring tools.
Modify programs as required to meet product conformity.
Generate set-up sheets as required.
Replace cutting tools as required to meet product conformity.
Maintain statistical reporting.
Retrieve and store programs to the database.
Deburr work pieces as required.
Clean parts as required. Skill Level Quality Control:
Conduct first article inspection.
Perform needed inspection and set up inspection tools for production run work pieces.
Create and maintain statistical reporting.
Create inspection tooling and fixtures as required.
- Proficient use of CMM to qualify parts. Non-Essential
Other duties as assigned by management Education/ Experience Requirements
Experience required 10 years working with CNC mills and or lathes.
Good math skills including basic trigonometry.
General mechanical skills.
Basic familiarity with the use of hand tools.
Advanced blue print skills including knowledge of GD&T tolerances.
Solid programming skill using G-code format.
High school diploma or GED About Us: TecHOUNDS is a Southern California based Technology staffing firm. We are a highly professional and ethical firm that provides both permanent career and contract opportunities. We take great pride in finding the right career opportunities for IT Professionals like you. Our services are 100% employer paid. Are you a good fit for this position? Click here to apply Job #2796 | CNC Lathe Machinist
- Programmer/Set-up/Operator | Manufacturing Search similar jobsPlease do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the Job ID: in the email subject line for your application to be considered. Please visit our jobs page www.techounds.com If you want to be considered for this or other positions please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you, Recruiting Team I TecHOUNDS TecHOUNDS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Copyright © 1999 - 2015. TecHOUNDS, LLC. All rights reserved Geoff is recruiting for this position call me now! Geoff Savage l Managing Partner Office: +1.949.495.1200 / mailto: email@example.com/ www.techounds.com
Manual Lathe Operator
On Site Personnel is looking for entry level and also experienced Manual Lathe Operator for our machine shops in Ivyland, PA.
Pay Rate: $11-$16/hour.
1st shift: Mon-Fri 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
This position is responsible for performing basic lathe/milling operations by utilizing medium size machines including manual lathes/mills and inspect basic/routine parts for defects and wear.
This position is requires vocation skills and is not a machine operator or CNC Machinist.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Perform milling operations such as drilling, tapping, boring, broaching, and conventional milling and lathe work using various engine lathes including but not limited to horizontal and vertical mills and horizontal boring mills.
- Use measuring devices and techniques to ensure proper sizings.
- Record data to produce expected service and/or design results including sizings and illustrations.
- Understand materials and their various applications in order to complete job.
- Use various hand-held and stationary power and non-power tools including but not limited to band saws, belt sanders, hand grinders, and files to complete job.
- Lift, tighten, adjust and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work and observe safety precautions
The position requirements are:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic mechanical knowledge required.
- One to Three year machinist experience and/or machine trades technical schooling preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend basic written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand, perform, and retain various job related training, operational, and safety procedures.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and decision making related to routine duties within set company standards.
- Ability to operate overhead cranes, fork lift trucks, and other equipment.
If interested and meet qualifications CALL OUR RECRUITERS AT 215-224-9700 for more information or send resume.
Apply in person:
5415 N 5th St Philadelphia PA 19120
Walkins Welcome Monday-Friday 9:00 am-4:00pm
At Onsite Personnel, we consistently deliver quality, cost-effective staffing services with a comprehensive screening and training system to provide highly qualified workers for your business. Onsite Personnel takes pride in going the extra step to assure satisfaction of our customers. Our ever-growing client base is a testament to our dedication and hard work.
CNC Lathe Setup Machinists For 1St & 2Nd Shift
The CNC Lathe Setup Machinists for 1st and 2nd shift to produce small to medium size precision machined parts by operating computer numerical control (CNC) lathes. The CNC Lathe Setup Machinist will maintain the highest quality standards by following the Company's QM operating procedures.
The CNC Lathe Setup Machinistwill follow procedures that provide for an efficient piece flow and a safe working environment whilst striving to eliminate waste by performing and adhering to the company's Quality and Total Preventive Maintenance (TPM) programs.
1. Follows the company's quality assurance system and building quality into the product.
2. Setup, load, operate, clean and maintain CNC lathes and other shop equipment as directed.
3. Assure that parts are made to specification to achieve customer satisfaction.
4. Verifies settings by measuring specifications on work pieces; adhering to international standards.
5. Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
6. Adhere to production scheduling and operation of machines.
7. Document Inspection, TPM and other required data as directed.
8. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
9. Participating in Lean activities (5S, Kaizen, problem solving, error proofing, etc.), Suggest and proactively seek improvements.
10. Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe work area.
11. Follow work rules and company programs by communicating with Supervisor and/or Foreman.
Operators must possess good verbal communication, have attention to detail, geometry skills, and basic knowledge of hand tools including measuring instruments.
CNC Lathe Machinist
A company in Enfield, CT is looking for both a lathe machinist.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Set-up and operate CNC Lathes with Fanuc controls according to engineering specifications, instructions, GD&T and operation sheets. Knowledge of manual machines is a plus.
• Select appropriate cutting tools, fixtures and tool holders for a given job.
• Run similar jobs of short cycle times for extended periods of time where manufacturing processes are stable and do not require frequent change.
• Read and interpret engineering instructions, travelers, and blueprints and be familiar with geometric tolerances and principles.
• Operate more than one machine at a time, one to two machines depending on the nature of the job and its complexity, occasionally operating more than two machines depending on operator skill and familiarity with a given job.
• Must perform routine maintenance on assigned production equipment, i.e., maintain cleanliness of work area and machinery, check machinery fluids and alert maintenance personnel and/or supervisor of malfunctions.
• Operate lifting and handling equipment such as hand truck, pallet jack, or overhead hoist to maneuver in-process or finished components to desired location.
• 7 – 10 years Vertical or Horizontal CNC Lathe machining experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably aerospace.
• Fully capable of reading, understanding, and following written and oral work instructions in English.
• Ability to lift or transfer components or objects of no more than 50 pounds.
• Fanuc Controls
• Blue Print Reading
Volt is an EOE
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!