Lathe Spotter Job Description Sample
CNC Lathe Operator - 1St Shift
- Maintain the highest level of quality control per ISO standards
- Troubleshoot machine and tooling problems to keep scrap and rework to a minimum
- Perform inspections with required tools per the IPI
- Set up and operate conventional, special purpose and numerical control machines and machining centers
- Study prints, sketches and drawing, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished piecework
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed coolant flow, and depth of angle of cut or enters commands to retrieve , input, or editcomputerized machine control media as required
- Adjust the machines to the speed
- Change tools as required or directed
- Communicate problems to the shift supervisor and/or machinists from other shifts
- Record job issues on the Production Control form
- Complete Job Cards daily for all work performed
- Perform program off sets as required
- Maintain and secure work tools per our tool requirements
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on machinery
- Clean and maintain work area
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use when applicable
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Certificate or Degree from a trade school a plus
- Basic reading, writing, and some advanced arithmetic skills required
- Experience using one or more of the following tools: lathe, milling machine, drill press, and vertical/horizontal cut off saw
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and routing
- Knowledge of Geometric tolerances
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers
- Advanced skills (Journeyman level) require programming knowledge
- Job setting experience
- Ability to lift 50 lbs frequently
Lathe & Mill Machinist (First Shift)
We are recruiting for a 1st Shift Lathe & Mill Machinist in the Monroe, NY area for a global company in the metals manufacturing industry. The right candidate will come with 3+ years of practical experience with lathes, millers, and grinders.
You will be responsible for the set-up, operation, and production of metal, aluminum, brass, and plastic parts.
This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity, with benefits and unlimited overtime availability.
Machining of parts made of steel, aluminum, brass, and plastic
Interpretation of drawings, blueprints, charts, and tables
Maintenance of machines (lathe, mills, grinders) & tools
Verification of dimensions of products to ensure accuracy
If you are interested in this position, please apply here now. If you have any questions about the position, feel free to call me, John Morrison, at , or send me an email to .
3+ years of experience in the machinist trade working with lathes, milling machines, and grinders
Familiarity with geometric tolerances
Appropriate levels of manual dexterity
A roll up your sleeves mentality
Equal Opportunity Statement
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.
CNC Lathe Operator
Excellent Direct Hire opportunity for a CNC Lathe Operator in the Dayton, OH area!
- Setup and operate CNC lathes to produce parts to the customer’s and company’s specifications
- Read and comprehend blueprints in accordance with GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing) standards
- Dry-run new programs, complete first article inspections, and inspect all parts in accordance with a quality plan
- Follow job travelers and setup procedures to maintain efficient and cost-effective operating procedures
- Load material in machines with proper orientation in a safe manner according to company operating procedures
- Use precision measuring equipment such as micrometers and calipers to inspect machined parts for conformance to drawings and specifications
- Use company in-process inspection plan to detect defective features in a cost-effective manner
- Setup and perform related operations such as milling, drilling, and deburring
- Monitor tool wear and replace as necessary
- Accurately complete applicable job travelers and inspection reports
- Operate machines in a safe manner at all times, according to machine manufacturer and company procedures
- Keep area clean and orderly
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience operating CNC lathes
- Experience with Mazak machines and controls is a plus
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledgeable of basic G&M codes, and ability to read and edit G code programming
- Ability to gather, inspect, and install proper tooling, cutting inserts and work holding devices according to company setup instructions
- Ability to identify and adjust proper machine offsets
- Ability to proficiently use precision measuring instruments and industry standard gaging, such as micrometers and calipers
- Ability to multitask; perform, monitor, and inspect multiple processes simultaneously.
- Ability to independently identify and troubleshoot undesirable machine outputs including, but not limited to nonconformances, chatter, and excessive tool wear
- Ability to read and interpret drawings with standard geometric dimensioning and tolerancing symbols
- Basic understanding of fractions and decimal equivalents, with the ability to perform mental math
- Knowledge of basic hand tools and how to use them in a safe manner
- Reading comprehension; understanding written policies, best practices, and work instructions
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis
- Ability to see up close and have accurate depth perception
Machinist Manual Mill & Lathe
Machinist Manual Mill & Lathe
1st Shift M-F
$17.00 - $22.00
An Industrial Tool Repair Shop in Griffin, GA is looking for an experienced Mill & Lathe Machinist.
Duties to include but not limited to:
Set-up and run various machine tools on a manual lathe
Ensure all parts produced meet specs of print using proper measurement tools
Ability to work within very close tolerances
Must be able to read and understand drawings and handle measuring equipment
Read and follow drawings & job tickets
Perform routine machine maintenance
Load and indicate part to fixture
Monitor tool wear, load tools and inserts as required
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
Must have an excellent work ethic & be willing to work overtime
Have the ability to stand for long hours, work in a fast-paced environment, and meet time deadlines
MUST have knowledge of manual lathe machines
1-20 years as a manual machinist
Experience handling large, heavy parts as well as smaller components
Only applicants that meet the required skills and experience will be considered at this time.
The #1 skill required for this position is the ability to carry out instructions in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form.
Health, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
401k Retirement Plan
Flexible Medical Spending Account
Reply with your resume to begin the interview process at:
Salary: $17.00/hr - $22.00/hr
Trailer Spotter (16160-935)
Responsible for inspecting, cleaning, preparing and staging trailers for route or repair.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
Prepares and organizes inventory to include fueling, checking oil, checking belts, refrigeration operation, tire pressure and washing and cleaning inside.
Stages trailers for loading and organizes inventory after loading for delivery departure.
Organizes backhaul inventory for unloading.
Inspects trailer inventory.
Maintains flexible schedule and availability to be called in during off hours.
Cleans fuel island, yard tractors and empties trash.
Communicates with shop on trailer concerns.
Communicates and returns unreturned product to warehouse.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CDL Class A Driver's license
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CDL- Class A required, 1-2 years experience
Ability to work independently
Ability to be on-call
Hbm, Engine Lathe
Set-up and operate the Mitsubishi CNC horizontal boring mill, engine lathe to machine large components such as 8" and larger PD meter rotors, 6" and larger PD meter housings and 12" and larger turbine meter housings. Operations performed include boring, milling, turning and facing. Typical tolerance range down to +/- .001". The operator must also perform secondary operations such as deburring on machined components as necessary.
1.Setup and operate manually operated equipment including the horizontal boring mill, engine lathes.
2.Complete working knowledge of machines such as boring mills, engine lathes and their operation and production methods.
3.General knowledge of common materials and their machining characteristics.
4.Understand and apply required measuring devices and gaging to determine part dimensional and finish conditions.
5.Understanding of cutting tools with ability to determine discrepancies and need for adjustment and/or replacement.
A minimum of 3 years setup and machining to tolerances of +/-.0005" on machine shop tools such as engine lathes and mills.
CNC Multi-Axis Lathe Machinist - 2Nd Shift
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is a national leader in scientific research and development. APL is one of the top 100 companies to work for including voted the world's top 10 most innovative companies. APL is actively seeking a highly skilled and motivated CNC Multi-Axis Lathe Mill/Turn Machinist to support the Advanced Mechanical Fabrication Group. This work is performed in a state of the art manufacturing and research facility. The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC.
Interpret engineering drawings or sketches, machine parts, and hardware assemblies in support of R&D programs, in accordance with APL quality initiatives varying from prototype R&D to fully configured AS9100 compliant programs. The work schedule for this position is from 3:30 pm to Midnight, Monday through Friday (Second Shift). This position is a one-year term with potential to become permanent staff for the right candidate. Highly competitive wages ranging from $28 to $38 per hour depending on experience. In addition, a 10% Second shift differential applies.
Setup, programming, and operation of a Mazak Integrex Mill/Turn Machining Center for end-to-end manufacturing with minimal supervision.
Perform in-process inspection using precision measuring instruments (i.e., I.D and O.D. Micrometers, calipers) ensuring customers hardware requirements are met.
Review work packages for productibility issues.
Communicate with the customer as required to achieve end objectives.
Monitor and record duration and completion of work performed in Work Management system in accordance with business and Quality procedures.
Achieve and maintain proficiency with all applicable quality processes associated with assigned work.
Maintain a clean and organized work area.
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum 5 years experience in setup, programming, and operating a CNC/Mill/Turn machining center or equivalent in a precision R&D environment.
Minimum 1 years of CNC programming experience.
Excellent verbal communication skills and willingness to interface with customers during the fabrication process.
Positive interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team-oriented atmosphere.
Ability to read and interpret Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ANSI Y-14.5.
Computer skills, e.g., Microsoft Office and Web-based applications.
Experience with Mastercam CNC programming software.
Mazak Integrex experience
Special Working Conditions: Safety Shoes and glasses required. Overtime may be required to meet critical delivery schedules.
Security:Secret security clearnce is required. Applicants selected may be subject to a Government security investigation and must then meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws, and values diversity in its workforce.
Yard Spotter Truck Driver, Class A - Full Time
2nd Shift YARD Driver
$17.50 an hour
Contact Nick for more information at: 904-541-8566
About the position:
Yard, CLASS A CDL Driver
Great Pay: Estimated Annual Salary $52,000
Dispatch Schedule: Yard Driver
Equipment/Type: Ottawa Yard Truck
Freight Handling: None
Full Benefits Package: Comprehensive Benefit Package. Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Program & much more!
Paid Every Friday! Direct Deposit Available!
Great Earning Potential! Average W-2 $52k
Strong Safety Culture!
Safe & Reliable Equipment!
Stability: Ryder has been in business since 1933 & employs over 8,000 drivers nation-wide!
Ryder Maintenance: Issues while on the road? Ryder has over 800 Maintenance Facilities across the country. 24 hour, 7 day Road Side Assistance Program
As a driver, you're important everywhere you go. Businesses and customers are excited to see you. You help companies get their products to the people who need them. And, when you drive a Ryder Truck, you play an important part in keeping the economy moving. People around the world rely on you everyday to keep their businesses running smoothly. Ryder drivers earn excellent money, get paid weekly and enjoy a great benefits package which includes medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance, 401(k), discount employee stock purchase program, credit union and much more. If you are ready to take the next step in your career, we invite you to apply today.
Minimum 22 years of age
Pass a Ryder Drug Test
Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
Pass a DOT physical
Pass a Ryder road test
Provide appropriate CDL and endorsements for the position
Must have Class A verifiable experience in a tractor trailer or comparable vehicle:
12 months experience within the past 3 years, OR
2 years' experience within the last 5 years, OR
5 years' experience within the last 10 years
Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions
Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations policies and/or procedures
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.
This position is primarily responsible for safely driving a commercial vehicle and requires compliance with safety & DOT Regulations, continuous training and customer service.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
Detecting and eliminating or minimizing safety hazards Maintaining accurate records and logs
Loading/Unloading freight or assisting in the loading/unloading of freight if required by customer
Other tasks as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Cdla Drivers Local Spotter - Cc861
Job Description: CDLA LOCAL YARD JOCKEY / SPOTTER
This Local Spotter position serves NFI's Trader Joes DC by managing empty and loaded trailers within the yard and local facilities.
- $18.00 per hour + OT
- $2,000 Sign on Bonus
- OT after 40 hours
Two Schedules Available: Sunday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Saturday
Start Times: 6:00 pm to 6:00 am
12 Hour Shifts
40 hour work week, over time if available
Immediate Benefits Available
Multiple Plans to Choose From – Pick the plan that fits you and your family - Medical, Prescriptions, Wellness Incentives, HSA, Dental, Vision
401(k) with Match
For immediate consideration please contact Quanda at 484-353-1316
FAMILY OWNED & OPERATED since 1932. We don't answer to Wall St or Investors.
100% DEDICATED – Its all we do. Every NFI driver is assigned to a specific dedicated account.
Our PEOPLE – The relationships we have with our drivers result in one of the lowest driver turnover rates in trucking
Commitment to SAFETY – Continuing investment in truck technology that ensures you get HOME to the people that matter most
Job Requirements As a CDL Driver for NFI, you must be a dependable and safety-minded professional, with a commitment to providing our customers the best possible service.
NFI basic driver qualifications include:
Minimum 23 years of age
Class A CDL from your state of residence
Safe driving record
1 year verifiable Tractor Trailer experience in the last 3 years to start immediately with NFI
LESS THAN 1 YEAR EXPERIENCE? No Problem. Ask about our Paid Transition / Training Programs
0-6 MONTHS EXPERIENCE or RECENT DRIVING SCHOOL GRADUATE? We have an 8-Week Paid Training Program
6-12 MONTHS EXPERIENCE? We have a 4-week paid Training/On-boarding Program
Recent driving school graduates must have attended an NFI affiliated driving school & be at least 21 years of age.
Apply now! Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
NFI operates a variety of dedicated fleets across the country, with different types of driving jobs available.
- LOCAL – Home Every Night – A majority of our dedicated fleets
- REGIONAL – 1-2 Layovers throughout the week
- LONG-HAUL – Home Weekly
- SPOTTING – Yard Driv
Lathe Machinist II
Will work on the set up and use of Mazak lathes.
Set-up and operate Mazak lathes including transfer of programs, set-up, and tear down of machine and tooling
Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and precision measurement instruments
Measure and examine complete products to ensure product meets drawings and customer requirements
Make adjustments of a minor nature on basic machine tools. Align and secure fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, and materials onto machines
Monitor gauges, dials, and/or other indicators to ensure proper machine operations
Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process
Must be able to manufacture parts meeting print requirements with little or no supervision
Other Duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent. Associates degree preferred
4 to 7 years work history in a machining environment
Must have previous experience with Mazak lathes
CNC Haas mill experience is a plus
Must be able to read and interpret blueprints as well as GD&T
Lean and/or 5S experience a plus
Capable using mathematics to solve problems
Capable of producing product from engineering drawings
Experienced in the use of precision measurement instruments
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Must be able to walk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces and sit for extended periods of time.
Must be able to routinely climb / descend stairs.
On occasion must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows / knees, and reach above / below shoulders.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Works in a manufacturing environment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / VEVRAA /ADA
- TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!