Lathe Spotter Job Description Sample
NY Full Time Trailer Spotter
Location: Liverpool, NY Department: Transportation Reports To: In House Driver Trainer/Spotter Supervisor Your Role: To function as a yard spotter for the NY Warehouse: Spot trailers in the lot or at a dock door in an efficient safe manner; inspect spotter truck and trailers for maintenance and cleaning. Check reefer units. Fuels / tops off reefer trailer fuel tank. Wash out trailers when needed. Other duties as required.
Moving trailers between pads, doors, & buildings on a timely basis. Ensures dock door is closed, and dock plate is retracted when docking or pulling trailers away from dock.
Sliding tandems to meet state bridge laws.
Weighing outbound and finished trailers accurately.
Getting trailer reloaded when trailer is overweight. (check with Warehouse clerk)
Checking trailers. Ensure all trailers are secure (locked) in yard. (Dot and 3rd party )
Inspects trailer registration, inspection, and other documentation. Inspect trailer suspension, sliding tandem rails and all pins out, frame and cross-members for structural integrity, brakes and lights.
Inspecting spotter tractors, basic maintenance and fueling (fill out inspection sheet daily)
Inspecting fuel truck, basic maintenance and fueling (fill out inspection sheet daily)
Checking refrigerator unit operation.
Performing yard, trailer & dock check.
Completing a yard tracking sheet to be turned after each shift
Performing basic communications, radio and personal.
Trailer washouts when needed. Role Specifics:
Problem identification and solution.
Various projects. What Can Dot Offer You? As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
Wage Range: $14.11-$21.16 starting pay
Advancement opportunities Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety. EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions. We Need You To Have:
Must have a good driving record, NYS licensure.
High school diploma or general equivalency degree
Working indoors and outdoors year-round.
Must have ability to get into and out of a truck as many as 120 times per shift or more We’d Like You To Have:
Prior warehouse experience
Successful work experience in an environment that promotes safety
Background in a production-based job Job ID: 2017-4925 External Company Name: Dot Foods, Inc. External Company URL: www.dotfoods.com
Class A Spotter (Yard Driver)
Class A Spotter (Yard Driver) Job Location: Waco, Texas Recruiting Office: Grand Prairie, TX 2177 Work Hours: Monday
- Friday; ocassional Saturday Pay Rate: $16.44 / hour; overtime after 40 hours USD
As a Centerline Class A Yard Driver, you will be moving 53 foot dry vans.
Full Time Permanent Position
- Friday, occasional Saturdays We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Experience
- Must have at least two years of recent Class A Tractor Trailer Experience
Clean Criminal History Benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Safety Bonus Program
Driver Referral Program
Established Company, founded in 1957
Yard Driver/ Spotter
Capstone Logistics is the premier provider of 3rd Party services in distribution centers across the nation. With a foot print of over 400 DCs in 45 states and Canada, Capstone is THE preferred partner for many major Retailers, Groceries and specialty companies. With high-growth expected this year, we are looking for top talent that is interested in career opportunities to grow with us! WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US: * Full-time permanent career day one
Full benefits offered after 60 days of employment
Career growth -- We look to promote from within first
Over 400 Sites nationally
Join our travel team, see the country, learn how all of our sites operate
Safety Incentives THE OPPORTUNITY: * You will learn all aspects of unloading or loading operations within a warehouse facility, working alone or in teams under supervision of site leadership
Maintain a safe and productive environment to exceed customer expectations
Handle the movement of pallets and on and off trailers and other vehicles by using manually or with site equipment to include pallet jacks or forklifts. WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE: * High-energy individual with a strong work ethic
Self-motivated with ability to work with limited supervision
Independent decision maker as needed to accomplish tasks
Lift and carry a minimum of up to 75 pounds repeatedly throughout shift
Handling of freight as directed by Capstone management and customer, meeting company standards, customer time lines and maintaining a safe work environment
Calculate and communicate load pricing to drivers; collect fees and balance at end of shift
Keeps Site Supervisor and Manager informed regarding conditions on the dock, accomplishments and concerns; contributes suggestions for improvements
Flexible work schedule due to changing operational needs
Strong organization and prioritizing skills
Sit or stand for periods in office as well as warehouse environment (concrete flooring and changing temperatures) Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Warehouse Truck Spotter
Warehouse Truck Spotter Location: Bristol, IN Job Code: 536 # of Openings: 3 Description “People are our most important asset” Warehouse Yard Spotter/Driver - Bristol, In.
Monogram Food Solutions is a privately held manufacturer and marketer of corn dogs, beef and bacon jerky, precooked bacon, hot dogs, sausages, pet snacks, and frozen appetizers. With the Company’s support center in Memphis, TN, Monogram operates six processing plants employing over 2500 team members. A fast-growing organization, Monogram Foods was recently recognized as a great place to work by the Memphis Business Journal.
Monogram Foods has also been recognized on INC Magazine’s annual list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for the seventh consecutive year. Monogram Food Solutions recognizes its team members are key contributors to its mission of growing profitably in the valued added meats sector. Our role of Warehouse Yard Dog Driver is based in Bristol, In and will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of the warehouse, including general warehouse functions, inventory tracking and support of production.
This position will report to the Warehouse and Distribution Manager. Specific accountabilities include: · Drive 53/48 ft. trailers only on the premises · Drive straight truck only on the premises · Load/unload batter trucks · Maintain yard · Rotate pallet trailers · Load/unload raw receiving · Light truck Maintenance · Wash out Monogram trailers · Assist on the shipping/receiving docks as necessary · Occasional mandatory weekend work · Occasional load/unload RTE receiving · Any other duty as assigned by Supervisor Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications: · High School diploma with relevant experience is preferred · Minimum of 2 years of experience in logistics, warehouse or inventory management · Strong shipping and receiving full truckloads, LTL and UPS shipments · Ability to lead others in a results-oriented manner · Effective verbal and written communication skills Competitive Benefit Package: Monogram Foods offers a competitive benefit, compensation, and relocation package to our team members. Our benefits include: + $1.50 per hour + Base pay for perfect attendance!
PTO time day 1
Health, dental, vison, and life insurance after 60 days
Paid holidays after 90 days + 401K after 1 year + $1,000 Retention Bonus + $250 Referral Bonus
Weekly and Monthly Bonus Raffles
Yard Spotter Specialist / CDL Driver
As a Yard Specialist, you will assist operations in an active trailer yard, performing a variety of duties including operating a spotter truck. Preferred candidates will have at least six months of verifiable Class A CDL experience within the last year and proficiency in backing trailers into dock doors; good communication; ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform basic yard spotter duties including daily yard check.
- Overseeing daily operation of the yard.
- Responsible for all trailer moves to and from docks; and drop yards.
- Operate spotter truck, moving trailers between trailer yard and dock doors and logging all trailer moves to maintain accurate yard inventory.
- Support production by following all safety measures and policies and demonstrating safe behavior.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Climb in and out of the spotter truck numerous times per day, hooking and unhooking trailers.
- Microsoft Office programs.
- Teamwork and flexibility.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
- Must be able to consistently lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to regularly bend, lift, stretch and reach below the waist and above the head.
- Must have VALID CLASS A CDL license.
- Must have 6 months of verifiable Class A CDL experience within the last year.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1-year previous manufacturing experience required.
- Willingness to work rotating shift.
Local Truck Driver CDL A Night Spotter
Local Truck Driver CDL A Night Spotter/Yard Jockey
Get Fresh Produce has been in business since 1982 providing fresh produce and other products to restaurants and other end users in the Chicago area. Due to continued growth we are currently accepting applications for Local Truck Driver CDLA Night Spotter/Yard Jockey to work in our 100,000 square foot warehouse terminal in Bartlett, IL. Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a growing company.
Typical schedule for the Local Truck Driver CDL A Night Spotter/Yard Jockey
Sunday-Friday; Saturday Off and one other day off during the week; Start time is between 4pm and 6pm - Typical shift end between 2am and 4am (or until work is done)Approximately 45-50 hours per week; OT after 40 hours. Schedule can vary - must be flexible with work availability
Responsibilities of the Local Truck Driver CDL A Night Spotter/Yard Jockey
- Backing in and out of docks
- Drive CDL box trucks, tractors, and trailers in and out of docks and between drop lots
- When shuttling CDLB box trucks must walk back to original lot (approx 6 blocks).
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- Fuel trucks and maintain fuel logs
Requirements of the Local Truck Driver CDL A Night Spotter/Yard Jockey
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement and you must be able to drive a manual transmission
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses. LOTS OF WALKING!
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Be able to lift, push, pull 75 pounds with no assistance
- Must be able to get in and out of trucks several times per day
- Experience with yard-jockey/spotter truck preferred
PHYSICAL ABILITIES commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to grasp, manipulate or feel objects.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.Salary for Local Truck Driver
CDLA Night Spotter/Yard Jockey:
Salary for this position is $17.90/hour plus OT after 40 hours per week. Typical work week is 40-50 hours per week.
Full benefits after 60-day probationary period: medical, dental, life, 401K, paid Holidays and Vacations.
- Eligible for benefits 1st of the month following 60 days
- This includes medical, dental, voluntary life, and vision
- 401K after 1 year
- Paid holidays after probationary / orientation period
Please reply with copy of your resume or apply in-person:
Get Fresh Produce
1441 Brewster Creek Blvd
Bartlett, IL 60103
Today, we are still a privately held company owned by Gino Alimondi. We are staffed by an amazing crew of sales, customer service, procurement and operations pros. Each Get Fresh Team Member brings loads of industry related experience and complimentary skills to the table-pun definitely intended.
Loading / Spotter - Class A CDL Driver
Advantage Logistics, Inc. is a Cleveland, TN based company that is seeking a Class A Endorsed driver to fill a Loading / Spotter position at a customer distribution warehouse.
- Must hold active Class A - Commercial License
- Must have at least 1 year OTR verifiable experience
- Must have a strong work ethic and be able to handle the stress of a fast pace environment.
- Must be able to conduct business in a professional manner
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid- Life Insurance Policy
- Company Paid- Aflac Accident Policy
- Company Paid- Tel-A-Doc Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Quarterly Safety Bonuses
Material Handler/ Yard Spotter CDL - 3Rd Shift
Full time Material Handler / Yard Spotter with CDL at our Sauk Village, IL location to help lead our operations to meet our company vision. Duties include loading and unloading of trucks and rail cars, inventory control, and spotting trailers. May require shift work and weekends / holidays.
Must have a class “A” CDL license. Must have good DMV record. Must have prior experience with and be able to operate a lift truck with considerable skill and safety. Must have an understanding of loading and unloading trucks, accuracy in counting and paperwork, and an understanding of the quality of the product handled. Must also have good communication skills for customer relations and be able to work as part of a team.
Dry Cleaning - Spotter
To apply, pleas visit www.jointeamyates.com or call 571.551.2293
Yates Dry Cleaning in Alexandria, VA is hiring for an experienced Spotter/Presser:
Must have at least 10+ years experience with dry cleaning spotting and pressing.
Must be a Team Player who works well with others.
Must have experience in wet cleaning processes and use of wet cleaning agents.
Must have knowledge of fabrics and recognize how different stain removal agents affect them.
Must know how to operate stain removal and and dry cleaning equipment.
Responsible for determining cleanability of an item.
Responsible for cleaning machines and taking care of required maintenance.
Practice safe handling and correct storage procedures.
Responsible for removal of stains.
Responsible for maintaining the work area.
Able to lift and carry items up to 25lbs.
Able to stand for long hours.
To apply, please visit www.jointeamyates.com or call 571.551.2293
We are a growing company where an entire family can be part of the Team and we are accepting applications at all locations! We are a fast paced, high energy company with unlimited opportunities. Yates and its teams sets the standard for customer satisfaction by believing in our company model -- Always Service, Quality and People Who Care - 7 Days a Week.
Class A Local - Spotter Or Shuttle Driver
* Have several full time permanent positions available for Class A Local Dedicated drivers out of LIma, OH. Our drivers are top wage earners in the industry. We will reply to all submissions with the application link, or you can call Chris at 504 273 9104 to discuss the position in detail.
* Drivers need to live within 50 miles of Lima
* Have Shuttle Driver Positions Available (shuttle within 50 miles of LIma), or Spotter Positions. Choose between day or night shifts on either job
* Home Daily.
* $7,500 SignOn Bonus for experienced drivers. Pays out over the first year.
* 100% No-Touch Freight
* Permanent Position. Our freight never slows down.
* Weekly Direct Deposit.
* FULL BENEFITS. Health, Vision, Dental, & 401k. Paid vacation, paid holidays.
* Drivers need to have at least 1 month verifiable experience driving Class A Tractor Trailer for this position. WE WILL hire/train Recent Grads with no experience, make sure to write that in the interview question, so that we send the correct application link
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!