Lathe Spotter Job Description Sample
Lathe Mill Machinist
San Diego, CA
Contract to Hire
$20 - $25
Primary duties of the Lathe Mill Machinist is to set-up, verify, and operate CNC Lathes to machine complex parts to customer requirements & scheduling.
· Set-up of CNC Lathe including calibration of cutting tools and location of work offsets for single and multiple part production.
· Verification of CNC programs and, when required, operation of manual mills and lathes.
· Completion of all applicable paperwork (ISO 9001:2008 standards).
· Dimensional and visual inspections for first piece and in-process manufacturing.
· Programming of lathe
· Maintaining cleanliness of the work area and proper handling of tools, equipment, and stock.
· 3-5 years CNC manufacturing & machining experience.
· Must have sound knowledge of feeds and speeds
· Must work to close tolerances.
· Must be proficient with complicated prints.
· Familiar with CNC programming codes.
· Must be able to follow written instructions and to work with little supervision.
· Must have sufficient English communication skills to understand verbal and written instructions, communicate with other employees, and follow directions
· Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
· Must have own standard CNC machinist tools.
· Report to work on time daily / O.T. may be required
CNC Lathe Operator
Excellent Direct Hire opportunity for a CNC Lathe Operator in the Dayton, OH area!
- Setup and operate CNC lathes to produce parts to the customer’s and company’s specifications
- Read and comprehend blueprints in accordance with GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing) standards
- Dry-run new programs, complete first article inspections, and inspect all parts in accordance with a quality plan
- Follow job travelers and setup procedures to maintain efficient and cost-effective operating procedures
- Load material in machines with proper orientation in a safe manner according to company operating procedures
- Use precision measuring equipment such as micrometers and calipers to inspect machined parts for conformance to drawings and specifications
- Use company in-process inspection plan to detect defective features in a cost-effective manner
- Setup and perform related operations such as milling, drilling, and deburring
- Monitor tool wear and replace as necessary
- Accurately complete applicable job travelers and inspection reports
- Operate machines in a safe manner at all times, according to machine manufacturer and company procedures
- Keep area clean and orderly
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience operating CNC lathes
- Experience with Mazak machines and controls is a plus
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledgeable of basic G&M codes, and ability to read and edit G code programming
- Ability to gather, inspect, and install proper tooling, cutting inserts and work holding devices according to company setup instructions
- Ability to identify and adjust proper machine offsets
- Ability to proficiently use precision measuring instruments and industry standard gaging, such as micrometers and calipers
- Ability to multitask; perform, monitor, and inspect multiple processes simultaneously.
- Ability to independently identify and troubleshoot undesirable machine outputs including, but not limited to nonconformances, chatter, and excessive tool wear
- Ability to read and interpret drawings with standard geometric dimensioning and tolerancing symbols
- Basic understanding of fractions and decimal equivalents, with the ability to perform mental math
- Knowledge of basic hand tools and how to use them in a safe manner
- Reading comprehension; understanding written policies, best practices, and work instructions
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis
- Ability to see up close and have accurate depth perception
Tractor Trailer Spotter Drivers - Cleveland - Home Daily!!
Shifts: Monday-Thursday 8:00pm-6:30am
Friday-Sunday 6:00am-6:30pm, work 36 hours paid 40
Responsible for ensuring that the delivery function is performed in an error free and safe environment. Loads are delivered per the instructions of the shipping papers in a productive, efficient, on time and safe manner. Communicates with customers as required to insure that customers are satisfied with the delivery of their load.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Inspect their Equipment – complete all company and DOT reports and make sure the vehicles are in proper working condition for safe operation.
Documentation – ensure the accuracy of all shipping document is correct and provides enough information to provide for an on time and safe delivery. Need to make sure of weight and proper D.O.T classification on the paperwork.
Deliver the Load – deliver the load on time in a safe and efficient manner
Miscellaneous – follow all policies and procedures necessary to do the job properly. Verify the load and paper work is correct, make sure the load is complete, secure before moving the load from the dock, make sure that trailer doors are always in proper position and locked in a secured position.
Each trailer must be clean and in good working condition. Communicate with customers as required to insure the customer satisfaction with the load. If there are any issues with load it must be communicated to supervisor and warehouse manager if our warehouse is involved in this load. Employee may be asked to work various jobs in the driver field or if needed in warehouse or any other functions as assigned by management.
Work overtime as needed.
Other duties as assigned by management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES – Not applicable.
QUALIFICATIONS - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE - Not required having a degree with this position. Driving experience is required. Must be willing to learn new computer technology if needed to improve customer or company position.
REASONING ABILITY – The ability to follow procedures and work instructions, have good judgement and decision-making ability are required.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS – The ability to read and write legibly, be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. Position requires frequent communication with dispatchers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS – Ability to perform calculations involving adding, counting, subtracting, division and multiplication. Pass the company math test.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS – CDL Class A License for Spotter Drivers and CDL Class A License for Tractor-Trailer Driver unless Customer Specific Assigned Drivers.
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIRONMENT DEMANDS - The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be cable of sitting, standing, lifting, or walking for extended periods of time.
In a day, may need to get in and out of yardhouse100 times, open and shut trailer doors on 50 trailers, slide tandems on trailers, set trailer bulkheads, clean trailer when needed, crank trailer dollies, as well as lift up to 75 pounds at various times of the day. Employee will work in various weather conditions and is subject to noise and hazards.
About this company
Headquartered in Romeoville, Illinois (near Chicago), LeSaint is a Top 100 third-party logistics (3PL) provider, developing customized, knowledge based, integrated supply chain solutions for customers from a wide range of industries, including beverage, building materials, chemicals, retail, consumer products, paper products and pharmaceuticals companies. With more than 14 facilities across the United States, LeSaint offers comprehensive logistics services, from warehousing, transportation and fulfillment to inventory management, dedicated contract carriage, hazardous materials management and value-added services.
LeSaint clients are supported by the company's TechKnow™ suite of real-time reporting and management tools to provide complete accountability and visibility of logistics processes. EMPLOYEES ARE THE KEY TO OUR SUCCESS! Quality employees are the key to LeSaint Logistics' success.
Since the creation of LeSaint Logistics, we have committed to a positive work place extends beyond our facility walls. As a result, LeSaint offers a comprehensive group insurance program, competitive compensation, a commitment to a safe work environment, open and honest communication and ongoing training of our employees; these are among the many benefits of working for LeSaint.
CNC Lathe Machinist
CNC Machinists for multiple shifts and departments, eager to work and learn in a fast paced environment. We are looking for Machinists with experience in any of the following, Bridge CNC Mills, Vertical CNC Mills, and Multi Axis Lathes. Experience in multiple disciplines is a plus.
The Spotter drives, transports and spots trailers at appropriate loading docks, and or/staging areas.
We have several shifts available
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Attach drive unit to trailers to move to and from dock doors for loading and unloading.
Inspects truck for defects, before and after trips and submits reports indicating truck condition.
Assist in loading and unloading trucks.
Other duties as assigned:
Performs duties as instructed by management
May be required to operate power industrial equipment
At least 2 year experience in similar position
Computer applications experience using MS Office
Excellent oral and written communications skills
Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
Excellent customer service skills
Able to work independently
High school education or equivalent
Must be able to follow policies and safety procedures
Must be able to lift and/or pull 50 lbs without restriction
Must be able to stand and wa
Spotter (Non-Cdl Driver)
We are looking for a Spotter to join our Dedicated Operations team. The Spotter will be responsible for driving a switch tractor-trailer combination on a daily basis.
6 months experience
Ability to work independently, take initiative and be a self-starter.
Ability to plan and organize workload; flexibility to handle pressure and work with interruptions and meet deadlines; attention to details
Ability to handle multiple priorities
Willingness to learn and accept responsibility
Conducts "Pre-Trip" and "Post Trip" of equipment to insure safety and reliability of switch tractor and trailer
Drives spotter day and/or night in a variety of climates and traffic conditions - roads
Backs equipment into dock areas
Slides tandem axles on trailers as needed. Sweeps trailers as needed.
Stops and fuels equipment on Customer property
Demonstrates support to the Epes Transport System, LLC Quality Management System and its objectives, as applicable.
Other duties as may be assigned.
Epes Transport is dedicated to providing quality transportation services. Our mission is to continuously improve the quality of our service to meet and exceed the needs of our customers. Continuous improvement in quality is the means we will use to ensure reasonable profits and long term growth.
Epes Transport System, LLC is the largest private trucking company in North Carolina.
Trailer Spotter (16630-935)
Responsible for inspecting, cleaning, preparing and staging trailers for route or repair.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
Prepares and organizes inventory to include fueling, checking oil, checking belts, refrigeration operation, tire pressure and washing and cleaning inside.
Stages trailers for loading and organizes inventory after loading for delivery departure.
Organizes backhaul inventory for unloading.
Inspects trailer inventory.
Maintains flexible schedule and availability to be called in during off hours.
Cleans fuel island, yard tractors and empties trash.
Communicates with shop on trailer concerns.
Communicates and returns unreturned product to warehouse.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CDL Class A Driver's license
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CDL- Class A required, 1-2 years experience
Ability to work independently
Ability to be on-call
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities.
This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success.
We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
HOME EVERY NIGHT. 2ND SHIFT 3 PM TO 11 PM.
Frequent sitting for extended periods of time.
Load/unload or assist in loading/unloading finished product in or from trailer.
Inspect load in trailer to ensure it is properly loaded and it is the correct load before leaving.
Verify count while truck is being unloaded, as allowed by customers.
Transport load by required route to proper destination while observing all traffic laws and safety regulations.
Obtain shipping bill of lading and necessary signatures and return completed paperwork to shipping office.
Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Truck Service Data, Safety Data, Quality Data.
Complete daily timecard, driver logs, and all other work reports accurately and in a timely manner.
Perform daily services such as - checking the oil level, water level, fuel, air in tires, and clean vehicle as needed.
Report any maintenance items to supervision immediately. Be proactive in the maintenance of the truck and trailers.
Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
Additional duties may be assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Pass substance abuse screening according to company policy.
High degree of attention and considerable dexterity in the control of a tractor-trailer and in the prevention of damage to materials and equipment.
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
Experience as a licensed driver in the metropolitan area.
Experience as a forklift operator.
Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
Product layouts and production specifications
Product quality specifications
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License.
Have a valid state Commercial Drivers' License and meet Department of Transportation physical and medical requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach
with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
On the road the employee may encounter traffic and other hazardous driving conditions.
The performance of the employee will be measured as follows:
Operating standards - the employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the employee.
Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the employee to grow professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the employee and his/her superior.
Employee relations - through observations the employee will be evaluated regarding his/her behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
Creativity - this will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
CNC Swiss Lathe Programmer - Operator
Careersthat Change Lives
Medtronic Engineering Development Services (EDS),located in Fridley, MN, is looking for a CNC Swiss Lathe Operator/Programmer. Theperson hired for this role will work in a small team environment and will beresponsible for programming, setting-up and running of low volume Swiss Latheturned components.
This is an entry-level skill position that will leadinto a highly skilled technical role after gaining additional Swiss Latheskill, knowledge and guidance from other team members in a team environment.
A Dayin the Life
Responsibilities mayinclude the following and other duties may be assigned.
Setting-up and running of short runCNC Swiss lathe components by analyzing blueprints, CAD models, sketches andengineering or component specifications.
Use of a variety of toolmakers handtools and precision measuring instruments to compute dimensions and determinebest methods of turning, material or parts required.
Performs precision work to exactingtolerances and dimensions.
Expectation of high communication regardingproject status, efficiency barriers, project completion dates
Swiss turned components can be fromsimple to very complex.
Can work closely with Inspectiondepartment for in-process quality and dimensional accuracy.
Often working with up to two Swisslathes simultaneously.
Demonstrates highly effectiveproblem-solving skills.
Demonstrates a strong desire forlearning and advancing individual skill-set.
Demonstrates excellent dailyteamworking characteristics.
Monitors and verifies quality and daily safetypractices according to Medtronic standards.
MustHave: Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience and mayrequire vocational or technical education or certification in addition to priorwork experience
Nice to Have
Proven knowledge of G& M Codes
Manual Swiss latheprogramming skills
Tsugami and Star CNCSwiss lathe experience
Experience usingturning software for programming
Experience turning awide variety of materials: SST, Copper, Delrin
Basic tool grindingskills
Capable of holdingtolerances of +/- .0002" on diameters
Problem solving skills
Experience using avariety of work instruction methods, CAD models, sketch, verbal, standard print
Experience turningmedical components
Experience working onteams
Demonstrated organizational skills
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CNC Lathe Machinist
CNC Lathe Machinist
Immediate need for an experienced high-volume production CNC Lathe Machinist. This is a “direct-hire” opportunity for a 1st shift day position. You will be responsible for machine set-up, editing and programming with MasterCam in a 65k square feet machine shop.
Benefits of the CNC Lathe Machinist / CNC Machinist:
- Starting wage: $22.00 - $30.00 an hour DOE
- Schedule: M-F 7:00am – 3:30pm with OT available
- Full benefits that include health insurance, paid holidays, 401k and paid time off.
- This is a “direct hire” opportunity and not a “temp” or “contract-to-hire”
Responsibilities of the CNC Lathe Machinist / CNC Machinist position:
- Set up, program and operate cnc lathes on a high-volume production floor.
- Edit or create programs at the controller with Mazatrol, VTL Live Tooling or edit or program with MasterCam.
- Perform adjustments to machinery to keep process within specification.
- Determine and prepare tooling, fixtures and special machine attachments.
- Read & interpret blueprints or drawings necessary to complete assignments.
- Verify part conformance to specification with calipers, micrometers, height gauges and other manual measuring devices.
Qualifications for the CNC Lathe Machinist / CNC Machinist position:
- A minimum of 4-years previous CNC Lathe Machining experience in a high-volume production environment.
- Previous Mazatrol, VTL Live Tooling, G Code edit & programming experience is required.
- Proven history of producing consistent quality parts with very low rejection rates in a high-production environment.
- Programming experience using Mastercam.
- Ability to perform your own set-ups & edits on Mazak lathe machines preferred.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 requirements preferred.
- Strong math background and GD&T knowledge.
- Ability to perform manual measuring device inspection and adhere to quality control standards
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!