Launderer Hand Job Description Sample
The Soldiers’ Home in Holyoke is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented individual for our Launderer I position. We are looking for candidates to deliver and maintain laundry throughout the facility as well as to provide accurate weight counts on all linen. The selective individual will work collaboratively as a member of the Housekeeping Department. * DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (please note that this list is not all-inclusive) – * * Deliver linens throughout the facility
Empty laundry chutes
Weigh linens and prepare for daily pick-ups
Maintain accurate par levels throughout the facility
Comply with all Infection Control policies and procedures
Perform related duties as required* SCHEDULE - * * Part-Time; Twenty-Four (24) hours per week * 1st Shift: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Alternating Weekend / Holiday Schedule PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - * Knowledge of the methods and techniques used in institutional laundry operations
Ability to maintain accurate records
Ability to follow oral and written instructions and to deal tactfully with others ABOUT THE SOLDIERS' HOME IN HOLYOKE - The Soldiers' Home in Holyoke is a state-funded, fully accredited health care facility that offers veterans quality health care, including full-time residential accommodations, an on-site dental clinic, a multi-service outpatient department and provides educational and social services for approximately 5000 veterans. The Soldiers’ Home has a total of 240 long term care beds, 30 residential beds, and is staffed by approximately 330 administrators, clinicians, nurses, certified nursing assistants, skilled trade, dietary staff, housekeeping staff, contractors, consultants and general administrative personnel. The tradition of service to the veterans of Massachusetts is surpassed only by a continued commitment to excellence in care for those who are in need now and in the future. Our mission is to provide “Care with Honor and Dignity” to our Veterans. PRE-HIRE PROCESS - A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit: http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division's Hiring Guidelines.
- Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth's website. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Human Resources Customer Service line at 800-627-7730. First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days. Minimum Entrance
None An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job:Equipment, Facilities & Services
Organization:Soldiers` Home, Holyoke
Location:Massachusetts-Holyoke-110 Cherry Street
Maintain laundry/linen service in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly, and attractive manner. Assure that the highest degree of sanitation is maintained at all times. Essential Duties and
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Sort soiled linen and place in appropriate container with lid.
Sort soiled linen and separate those items that need special stain treatment.
Put appropriate amount of soiled linen into washers. Put card on machine to correct location.
Put appropriate amount of wet clean linen into dryers. Put card on machine to correct location. Set temperature to correct setting and set cool down and timer to correct minutes.
Fold, count and distribute clean linen as necessary.
Sort through clean linen and discard as necessary.
Maintain an adequate supply of linen for resident comfort and convenience.
Maintain an adequate supply of laundry chemicals.
Report equipment failure to supervisor before the end of the work shift.
Keep work area free of hazardous conditions including but not limited to: excess laundry carts and supplies, improper handling of linens with biohazards.
Keep floor as dry as possible, and post wet floor signs when possible.
Follow and maintain established procedures on cross-contamination and infectious materials.
Inspect laundry on a daily basis to assure cleanliness.
Disinfect clean carts, soiled carts and lids once a week.
Clean all equipment once a week.
Clean lint traps in drains daily.
Clean lint filter in dryer daily.
Wash tablecloth and assist, if needed, with the pressing and folding of tablecloth.
Take trash to dumpster.
Participates in In-service training.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Educational Requirements and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Previous experience preferred. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively speaking the primary language of the residents.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
Ability to respond promptly to resident needs.
Supports organization's goals and values.
Balances team and individual responsibilities.
Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
Ability to perform tasks with frequent interruptions. Environmental Adaptability:
Works primarily indoors in a climate controlled setting.
Team Members may be exposed to blood and/or body fluids with potential exposure to hazardous materials and infectious diseases.
Possible exposure to unpleasant odors.
Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MSDS Manual.
- Continuous exposure to residents who are ill, confused, irritable and irrational. Physical
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit. The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision. The Stayton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Stayton
Farm Hand / Stable Hand / Ranch Hand
Looking for reliable / stable individuals for assisting on a horse farm. Individual will work on farm and in the stables looking after horses, keeping them clean, comfortable, fed, exercised and groomed. There are no set entry requirements, but experience of working with horses will be valuable.
Your day-to-day duties might include:
- giving horses food and water
- replacing bedding
- mucking out stables
- monitoring the condition of horses and reporting problems
- treating minor wounds, changing dressings and giving some medications
- following instructions from vets when treatment is needed
- grounds work
- operating equipment
You may also be responsible for exercising the horses each day.
Reliable transportation and valid drivers license necessary.
Compensation based on individual experience and skill level.
A&W Water Service - Water Transfer/Yard Hand
Celebrating over 60 years A&W Water has succeeded in developing reputable long lasting relationships with many customers. We provide 24/7 timely solutions to the industry to safely keep our customers' operations with experienced personnel and quality equipment. With over 3,000 frac tanks and a fleet of trucks (winch, water tankers and flatbeds) we are able to meet our customers' needs. We are able to provide the assurance of continued relationships with our customers and security for our employees.
We are currently seeking both day and night shift Water Transfer Crew Members & Yard Hands to join our team. Under the supervision of the manifold supervisor, the water transfer crew member works with a mobile piping system using environmentally safe state-of-the-art equipment to deliver water to various customer locations. They will also be involved in designated projects on location and in the yard. This position has the potential for extensive overtime outdoors and possibly in harsh climates.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Is responsible for personal safety and the safety of others crew members
Attends monthly and daily safety meetings
Attend all Customer safety meetings
Reports to work prepared and on time
Demonstrates a willingness to work within the established policies and practices
Works with a positive attitude
Understands pumps/filter pod controls & operation
Reads and understands suction/discharge gauges, catch prime and draining procedures
Listens/understands/performs directives from Crew Leads
Builds transfer lines/throw clamps and hoses
Monitors manifold/tanks for leaks/problems/levels
Manages work stations
Drives a company pickup if MVR meets insurance established criteria
Fills out necessary paperwork
Near Miss Observations
Other duties as required by supervisor, within the scope of the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications
Preferred to have an acceptable MVR based on our company insurance carrier standards to drive a company vehicle.
Must be able to pass required background checks as well as a pre-employment drug screening.
Must be willing to work in all climates.
For business purposes; personal safety and the safety of others - must have the ability to communicate on job sites (speak; read and write in English) with crew members; management; customers and other job site vendors. Must have above average reading and writing skills in order to read location directions; prepare tickets and reports accurately.
Must have the ability to occasionally do heavy lifting (up to 125 lbs) when needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Standing and Walking. Standing and walking will be required as a routine part of the job.
Surface Conditions. Surface conditions will range from ground conditions at the job site; typical warehouse conditions and customer offices.
- Work Conditions – exposure to. Hot temperatures, cold temperatures, sudden change in temperature, driving, whole body vibration.
Working environment could include:
Other Job Demands. Walking across sloped surfaces, twisting at waist, neck flexion/extension, head/neck rotation
The heaviest weight lifted while sitting or standing in one place weighs: Up to 80 lbs.
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
To be considered for this position, please select the link "Apply for the job online".
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Drug Free Workplace.
Ram Jack is hiring responsible, hard-working crew hands to assist in the installation of foundation repair solutions for both residential and commercial jobs. Ram Jack has been in business for over 48 years and has a sterling reputation within the industry. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and must pass a drug test.
$15 per hour to start for the first 90-day probation period. Increase in pay/bonus after that, depending on performance.
Two (2) years in the foundation/construction field is preferable. Will consider hands-on experience in other related fields.
- Use of manual and motorized equipment for digging pilot holes for installing piles on both residential and commercial jobs
- Must be able to travel for out-of-town jobs frequently
- Drive work truck
- Loading and unloading trucks (equipment, hoses, steel piles, etc.)
- Must be able to communicate effectively. Bilingual is preferred but not necessary.
- Reliable transportation to get to the office/shop every day
- Must be able to lift 50-60 pounds
- Opportunity for advancement to Crew Chief for the right candidate
- Only reliable applicants need apply
We are leaders in the industry and are ready to put our refined foundation solutions to work for your property. Our Ram Jack West team in Oregon works on commercial, residential, and industrial foundation repairs.
Stable Hand Horse Laborer
If you are a couple looking for a family oriented job, search no more. A firm belief in teamwork, physical strength and the ability to stay calm under pressure are all key ingredients to a successful stable hand. If you process these qualities, we would like to speak to you!
- Adhering to feeding, cleaning & supplement schedules
- Holding horses for vet & farrier
- Daily exercise of animals
- Administering of prescribed medication & general first aid
- Facility maintenance and fixes
- Keeping stable area tidy, sweeping, raking & watering
- Grooming & bathing of animals
- Monitoring horses for health and soundness
- Help with breeding and foaling
- Help with problem animals
- Farm Chores
- Experience with Foaling
- Small Machinery
- Landscaping and Horticulture experience a plus
- Natural Horsemanship; People
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Mill Hand to work in our location in Rochester Hills, Michigan.
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance
- Compensation based on experience and open to negotiation
- Air-conditioned plant
- Growing company/ Room for growth
Job responsibilities are as follows:
· Manufacture gauge details from prints using prototrak mill
· Performs quality checks on finished details
· Maintain clean work environment
· Read complex detailed assembly drawings and understand function
· Basic machine maintenance
· Performs all other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will possess:
· High School Diploma or GED
· Minimum of five years of experience in a manufacturing environment
· Excellent communicator
· High levels of basic manufacturing processes, prioritization, and communication and is extremely detail oriented
· Must have necessary machinist tools required to perform job
· Solid understanding and use of precision/non-precision instruments
· Must possess strong basic math skills
Yard Hand / General Laborer
General Labor to include, but not limited to:
Forklift operations, Pressure Washing, Equipment cleaning, organizing, sweeping, sandblasting, painting, mowing, weed eating, etc..
40 - 80 hours per week
Occupational Therapist - Hand Therapist
Looking to fill an Occupation Therapist Hand Therapist position at Glendale Memorial Hospital. It is a part time position. All candidates must be licensed to work in the state of California, pass a background check, and meet all medical requirements.
Top Hand & Tower Technician
At MDTS we operate with a company culture where respect, professionalism, continued education, and teamwork are not buzz words from a corporate handout- they are practices that we apply on a daily basis. We employ people who are naturally motivated to work as a team, who understand the difference between a boss and a leader, and who hold themselves and those around them to high standards.
If you're motivated, resourceful, and have the desire to continue growing your skills in the telecommunications field, then continue reading because we're looking for people like you...
MDTS is hiring Top Hands & Tower Technicians with the following experience:
- T-Mobile- (ex. L1900, L700, troubleshooting, etc.)
- AT&T- (ex. LTE 2C, 3C, 4C, 5C, and 6C, UMTS, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Verizon - (PCS, AWS, RayCap retro fits, troubleshooting, etc.)
ESSENTIAL PREQUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Posess valid chauffeurs drivers licence (if an operators licence is currently held, the ability to obtain a chauffeurs is a must)
- NO FELONIES on a background check
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen (and potential subsequent random drug screens)
- Posess reliable transportation and the ability to report to the MDTS office for work daily
MDTS does not travel out of the state of Michigan for work. In-state overnight travel occurs a minimal amount of the time. Our work is intentionally local in order to focus on a higher quality of work/life balance for our crews so that MDTS employees are more efficient at producing quality results for our clients. If you are looking to travel out of state for weeks/months at at time, this position is not for you. Additionally, we do not hire employees who reside out of state. The ability to report to the MDTS office for work is a must.
MDTS looks for Top Hands & Tower Technicians who have a positive demeanor and who choose to work in a team environment.
Hourly rate based upon experience and ability.
MDTS provides ongoing training for Competent Climber & Safety Rescue, RF Awareness, OSHA-10, CPR/First Aid, Rigging & Capstan, and more.
MDTS offers the following insurances: health, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, and long-term disability. Insurances are available after 30 days of employment. PTO starts accruing after 90 days of employment. Annual performance reviews. (For more information on how to apply, please visit: http://mdtowerservice.com/careers/)
- Daily loading/unloading site material & equipment from truck and trailer at shop & on jobsite.
- Daily cleaning/organizing truck & trailer, as well as, restocking material.
- Daily inspecting PPE, OPE, PFAS, & rigging equipment before use learned from "Tower Rescue & Climber Safety course."
- Daily contribution of suggestions for JHA to control or eliminate potential hazards, in order to maintain a safe & healthy work environment. Assessments made from material learned in "Tower Rescue & Climber Safety course."
- Daily climbing tower (structure) to complete job task. Structures include monopoles, self-support towers, guyed towers, water towers, rooftops, etc.
- Assist overall job in tower by installing and decommissioning steel, hardware equipment, piping lines, install coax and hybrid trunks, and assist troubleshooting, weatherproofing, color coding, documenting site information, and taking site photos.
- Maintaining accuracy per RFDS and Construction Documents. Achieving quality standards based on customer and MDTS specifications to meet given expectations
- Assist overall job on ground as well, to include rigging, hoisting, and preparing equipment for installation. Assist all tasks required to build and install a site per customer specs while maintaining site cleanliness and maintaining safe work environment.
- Continue to work towards training and certifications for tower related work.
MDTS employees approach all projects with professionalism and strive to provide our clients with exceptional and efficient results. Our employees are proficient with a wide variety of site builds and handle the details of each project from site walks to final closeout package submissions with timeliness and accuracy. Ensuring that safety and communication between MDTS, our clients, and carriers remain fluid is a top priority. All MDTS employees take ownership and pride in their daily tasks. Our company was built using a practical, hands-on approach and we maintain that same resourceful nature daily. MDTS is continuously improving our operations and assisting our clients in doing the same.
It is our company goal to become more efficient, precise, and knowledgeable on a daily basis. We’re not just growing and evolving, we’re Moving Daily Towards Success.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!