Laundry Laborer Job Description Sample
Warehouse Worker / Production Worker / Fulfillment Associate / Line Worker / Warehouse Associate / Laundry Technician / Laundry Attendant / Laundry Aide - 1St And 2Nd Shift
Hospital Corporation of America DFW Support Services Warehouse Worker / Production Worker / Fulfillment Associate / Line Worker / Warehouse Associate / Laundry Technician / Laundry Attendant / Laundry Aide 1st and 2nd Shift The Technician is responsible for the overall processing of linens
Receives, weighs and logs soiled linen from hospitals.
Separates soiled linens to prevent any debris from entering the Milnor equipment.
Sort soiled linen according to wash formula / type.
Assists in loading / unloading Unimax washers and Tunnel washers.
Physically and visually checks the linen for stains, rips, tears and un-serviceability.
Properly folds, stacks and ties the linen for the orders.
Recognizes and reports malfunctions of the equipment to their supervisor.
Assists with processing the hospitals orders.
Assists with the loading / unloading of the trucks.
Assists with unloading / loading vendor / supply trucks
High School Diploma/GED preferred
Availability to work either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift
Title:Warehouse Worker / Production Worker / Fulfillment Associate / Line Worker / Warehouse Associate / Laundry Technician / Laundry Attendant / Laundry Aide - 1st and 2nd Shift
Location:Texas-Coppell-DFW Support Services
Washer/dryer maintenance, repair position.
Full time employment with full benefits.
Competitive pay and raises.
No experience required.
On the job training.
Scope of Work:
Delivery, installation, maintenance and repair of commercial washers and dryers.
Valid US drivers license and good driving record.
Background check and drug testing required.
Physically fit and able to move heavy equipment.
Good communication skills, well groomed and customer minded.
General Labor - Laundry Operator
Local company South San Francisco
Production Person-Positions available in Laundry Plant. Duties include loading and unloading machines, sorting and separating material and preparing orders.
We are looking for individuals who pay attention to details, hard working and will work well with others. Candidates should be responsible and positive but need no
experience, will train. This is an entry position, physical demands include lifting, pushing, pulling and bending. Full time and part time available, Saturday and Sunday
including night shift.
Laundry Worker (Full-Time) Hiring Several @ Crothall Laundry Services - Clermont Job
[http://go.compass-usa.com/sectorlogos/CrothallLogo.jpg] * We have openings for several full-time *Laundry Worker (Soiled & Clean Dept.) *positions. * Location: Crothall Laundry Services - 12626 Hancock Rd. Clermont, FL 34711 /Note: online applications accepted only./ * Schedule: F/T; must be willing to work any day of the week/weekend & holidays. Start time is 5:30am. * Requirement: No experience required! If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team. Crothall Healthcare, a division of Compass Group North America, provides customer focused support services. As specialists, we perform services including healthcare housekeeping, management in laundry processing, patient transportation, business facilities management and clinical engineering. Crothall is a compilation of the most committed and talented individuals working in the industry today. Our dedication to quality, exceptional customer service, and unequivocal results allow us to provide the best outcomes to our clients. Full time associates at Crothall are offered many fantastic benefits such as: * Medical
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) * Commuter Benefits
Employee Assistance Program
Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD) * Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Discount Marketplace * 401(k) * And other voluntary benefits
* Performs laundry services including cleaning and distributing linens to clients, contributing to team efforts and professionally interacting with clients, customers, and team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Properly sorts, washes and dries linens following the approved laundry procedures.
Folds, counts and stacks linens following approved laundry procedures.
Collects soiled linens along with redistributing clean linens.
Transports supplies to include clean and soiled linen to the appropriate storage and collection areas.
Provides quality customer service to customers by providing one on one attention to the detail.
Routinely inspects linens for wear and tear, identifying worn and torn linens and following Standard Operating Procedure for damaged linens.
Maintains the commercial and residential laundry rooms in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition.
Performs other duties as assigned. About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law. Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./ Req ID: 160688
Commercial Laundry Machine Repairman ( Macgray CSC Auto Laundry )
Why work for us:
- Our compensation package allows you to take charge of your own weekly earnings.
- We provide opportunity to work on commission per job or hourly wages.
- Average Earnings for Repair our technicians is 55k -95k depending on productivity and experience.
- We offer a flexible work schedule choose 8:00 Am – 4:00 Pm and 9-5
- Schedules Available ( Monday – Friday or Tues – Saturday )
- 2-5 Year Experience working on Coin Laundry Machines w / Mac Gray CSC Super Laundry, Automatic Laundry, American Equipment
- 1-2 Years of Appliance repair Experience or Completed a Technical School Course.
- Skills and knowledge to complete accurate and courteous appliance repairs.
- Ability to work with tools and test equipment.
- Solid mechanical skills with general plumbing and electrical knowledge helpful.
- Ability to work with computers and smart phones.
- Valid Driver’s License and decent Driving Record.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs and move appliance as needed, any larger jobs we bring in 2 techs.
- CompletingRepairs on Commercial Style Front Load Washers, Top Loaders , Gas & Elec Dryers. Change Machines and laundry room systems including card systems.
- Applicant must be able to travel to customer locations around the greater Boston area.
- Must have strong communication skills and ability to work directly with customers.
- Visit the office once a week in Stoneham to complete paperwork.
- Work daily on Smartphone to update office with customer job status.
- Providing customers with a high quality and responsive customer service.
- Ordering parts daily for customers and picking up at supply house.
Services we offer to customers:
- Coin Laundry Repairs on Maytag, Whirlpool, Speed Queens, Kenmore and more
- Major Appliance Repair ( Refrigerators, Washers, Dryers, Stacks, Ranges, Disposals and more )
- Dryer Vent Cleaning ( we offer cleaning out customer vent lines and inside the machines)
What we offer:
- Work Vehicles or Use your own vehicle plan
- 401k Plan ( have money each week deposited pretax to into over 35 Investments )
- 401k Discretionary Match Program based on how company performs overall.
- We currently don't offer a Medical Plan but are working on options for 2017
- Tools ( Everything you need to get started: tools, bag, testing tools, truck stock and supplies )
- Uniforms ( customize your own look , we are flexible on clothing options )
- Weekly Bonus ( for positive customer reviews online ).
A reputable locally owned and operated small business. We have been servicing appliances for over 15 years. We are an accredited Business with the Better Business Bureau. We have won the Best of Boston Award in 2008 and the Angies list Super Service Award 2005-2015. We also maintain and have over 120 reviews at 4.5 stars on Yelp from our customers. Our Goal has always been to offer quality service at a reasonable cost.
Who we work with:
Individual owners, Property Management Companies, Real Estate Agencies, Universities, Landlords and condo Associations
Laundry Technician - Laundry And Linen
Job Title: Laundry Technician | Laundry and Linen | Sioux Falls
: LAUNDRY AND LINEN
Hours Per Shift: 8 hr
JOB SUMMARY Performs the day-to-day tasks to maintain a clean and sterile environment for a Laundry Department in a healthcare organization. Washing, drying, folding and sorting linens and clothing for a healthcare organization, according to related processes and standards.
Operating laundry equipment and reporting needs for repairs or replacement in a healthcare organization. Taking precautions for cross infection according to organizational and healthcare industrial laundry standards. Storing and securing laundry supplies and equipment of a healthcare organization.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES working in sort room
QUALIFICATIONS When applicable, the employee must have a current valid Category I driver's license, and must meet all medical guidelines for Sanford Health Category I drivers. None Required
About Sanford Health: At Sanford Health, we are dedicated to the work of health and healing. Every day, we show that commitment by delivering the highest quality of care to the communities we serve.
We are leaders in health care and strive to provide patients across the region with convenient access to expert medical care, leading-edge technologies and world-class facilities. In addition to strong clinical care, we are also committed to research, education and community growth. We engage in medical research to not only discover innovative ways to provide care, but also cures for common diseases.
We continuously seek new ways to achieve our vision of improving the human condition here in your community, across the region and around the world. The entire team at Sanford Health recognizes the value of healthy families and communities. We continue to gain momentum and expand our reach.
Together, we can make a positive difference now, and in the future. Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application, please call 1-877-243-1372 or send an email to email@example.com . In compliance with federal law requiring employers to verify new employees' U.S. employment eligibility, Sanford participates in E-Verify. To learn more click here for English Version at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf or here for Spanish Version at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterSpanish.pdf .
Req Number: req14387
Laundry Manager II - Unit Laundry
*Hazardous Duty Pay
Law Enforcement & Custodial Officers System (LECOS) Retirement
TDCJ Training Academy Required
Telephonic Interviews Will Not Be Accepted
Work Site Visits Will Not Be Conducted
No Study Material MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Laundry Manager II - Unit Laundry Salary: GR.A14 ($3,191.86/month) The salary for an ERS Retiree (or non-contributing member) will be $3,114.01. For full job description and minimum qualifications, please visit: http://www.tdcj.texas.gov/divisions/hr/pd/009064.pdf Laundry Manager III - Unit Laundry Salary: GR.A16 ($3,587.45/month) The salary for an ERS Retiree (or non-contributing member) will be $3,499.96. For full job description and minimum qualifications, please visit: http://www.tdcj.texas.gov/divisions/hr/pd/009003.pdf This a Career Ladder position.The Laundry, Food, and Supply Division has only one Laundry Manager position available. Applicants need only submit one application for employment. As a condition of employment, this position is required to attend the TDCJ Pre-service Training Academy and is required to complete a physical agility test prior to beginning the academy. For further information regarding the physical agility guidelines, see: http://tdcj.texas.gov/divisions/hr/coinfo/pat.pdf The following Military Occupational Specialty codes are generally applicable to this position. Applicants must fully complete the summary of experience to determine if minimum qualifications are met. 92, SH, SN, 33, 3M, SDI, 30 The selected applicant may be required to work at the Formby or Wheeler Unit.The selected applicant will be required to attend and successfully complete the Sergeants Training Academy in Huntsville as a condition of selection. To ensure compliance with PD-97, Principles of Supervision (POS) and Human Resources Topics for Supervisors (HRTS) will be included in the Sergeants Training Academy. Completion of the training will be required before the selected applicant will be assigned to a shift.Outside applicants will be required to submit to pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment.
Laborer General (Temp)
How to Apply Please include a resume when applying to this position. A cover letter is optional, but helpful to include. If included, please indicate which types of positions you would be most interested in and which days/shifts you are available for.
Job Summary Applying for this position will place you in a general temporary pool of candidates with the University’s Temporary Staffing Services office for future consideration as positions become available at the Ann Arbor campus and Michigan Medicine. Examples of positions that may become available include: Laundry Worker - Prepare and feed damp linen into sheet spreaders and ironers; fold, stack and place laundry on conveyors; smooth and fold dried items and place on conveyors; and wrap or package linen.
Must be able to stay in a stationary position for long duration and position self in order to operate laundry equipment. Graduation from high school or equivalent. Generally Monday-Friday 6am-2pm although occasional weekend overtime may be required. Custodian - Surface clean and/or wax furniture, mirrors, venetian blinds, toilet rooms and fixtures; vacuum, sweep strip and wax floors; shampoo carpets and clean upholstery; stock restroom supplies and maintain an inventory of supplies; make beds and change linen; open or lock buildings or rooms; collect and transport waste materials; shovel snow or ice from entrances; clean grounds; unplug commodes, urinals, and sinks without dismantling fixtures; mop wet floors and stairs; operate mechanical cleaning equipment.
Desirable Qualifications: Graduation from high school or equivalent. Generally afternoon shifts, various days. General Laborer - Perform a variety of simple manual labor functions; set up and take down tables and chairs; pack and unpack boxes; pull weeds; manually transport boxes and equipment; rake, sweep and remove debris; collect and transport waste materials; shovel snow; and assemble, disassemble or move equipment or fixtures.
Desirable Qualifications: Graduation from high school or equivalent. Stockkeeper - Receive items and reconcile receipts with requisitions; prepare stock for delivery; load and unload carts, shelves and/or boxes; process orders from requisitions and dispense/distribute/transport stock items. Must be able to move throughout the building, putting/removing stock on carts and shelves in order to facilitate transporting items on large carts to various departments within Michigan Medicine.
Graduation from high school or equivalent. Generally 6am-2pm Saturday and Sunday. Messenger/Runner - Make delivery and pick-ups of used and sterile instruments from various Michigan Medicine units. Restock instruments and supplies as needed.
Other duties as assigned by management team. Health care experience preferred. High school diploma desired.
Ability to stay in stationary positions, move about various buildings and stoop/bend for long periods of time. Shifts vary and work days vary.
Additional Information Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. You may be contacted for additional screening such as computer testing, interviewing and reference checking in order to be considered for such positions.
If screening is required, our office will contact you directly. Please do no contact our department to schedule the screening unless you have been contacted by a representative from Temporary Staffing Services. This temporary job opening will be posted for a minimum of two calendar days.
This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended. Positions may be located at either Michigan Medicine or Ann Arbor Campus.
Background Screening The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. U-M EEO/AA Statement The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Job Opening ID 137479
Working Title LABORER GENERAL (TEMP)
Job Title LABORER GENERAL (TEMP)
Work Location Ann Arbor CampusAnn Arbor, MI Full/Part Time Full-Time Regular/Temporary
Univ Human Resources
Department HR Recruiting & Emplymnt Srvcs Posting Begin/End Date 2/08/2017
Career Interests Temporary Job OpeningService / Maintenance (AFSCME Union)Facilities Operations Apply Now at http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/apply/137479
Laundry Aide CCD - Laundry (Fbm)
Laundry Aide CCD - Laundry (FBM) at Catholic Health Date Posted: 2/9/2018 Apply Not ready to Apply? Job Description
- Laundry Aide CCD – Laundry (Father Baker Manor) Performs the daily activities of the laundry department in accordance with facility guidelines to assure that an adequate supply of linen is on hand at all times to meet the needs of the residents. REPORTS TO: Director of Environmental Services SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A SKILL AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM): EDUCATION: • High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Job Requirements KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY: • Communication skills which may be inclusive of approach, tone of voice, speed of communication, respectfulness and non verbal communication • Must be able to read, write and speak the English language. WORKING CONDITIONS: • May work in cramped areas • Standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, heavy lifting • Exposure to chemicals and hazardous materials • Subject to environmental temperature extremes PHYSICAL EFFORT: ACTIVITY & STRENGTH: (MEDIUM) Low Lift (floor to knuckle): Occasional 0 to 2.6 hours/day (21-50 lbs.); Frequent 2.7 to 5.3 hours/day (11-20 lbs.); Constant 5.4 to 8 hours/day (1-10 lbs.) Mid Lift (knuckle to shoulder): Occasional 0 to 2.6 hours/day (21-50 lbs.); Frequent 2.7 to 5.3 hours/day (11-20 lbs.); Constant 5.4 to 8 hours/day (1-10 lbs.) High Lift (shoulder and above): Occasional 0 to 2.6 hours/day (21-50 lbs.); Frequent 2.7 to 5.3 hours/day (11-20 lbs.); Constant 5.4 to 8 hours/day (1-10 lbs.) Full Lift (floor to shoulder): Occasional 0 to 2.6 hours/day (21-50 lbs.); Frequent 2.7 to 5.3 hours/day (11-20 lbs.); Constant 5.4 to 8 hours/day (1-10 lbs.) Carry: Occasional 0 to 2.6 hours/day (21-50 lbs.); Frequent 2.7 to 5.3 hours/day (11-20 lbs.); Constant 5.4 to 8 hours/day (1-10 lbs.) Push: Occasional 0 to 2.6 hours/day (21-50 lbs.); Frequent 2.7 to 5.3 hours/day (11-20 lbs.); Constant 5.4 to 8 hours/day (1-10 lbs.) Pull: Occasional 0 to 2.6 hours/day (21-50 lbs.); Frequent 2.7 to 5.3 hours/day (11-20 lbs.); Constant 5.4 to 8 hours/day (1-10 lbs.) Overall Strength Category: Occasional 0 to 2.6 hours/day (21-50 lbs.); Frequent 2.7 to 5.3 hours/day (11-20 lbs.); Constant 5.4 to 8 hours/day (1-10 lbs.) Dictionary Of Occupational Titles Constant (C) 67-100% Workday Occasional
Frequent (F) 34-66% Workday Occasional (O) 0-33% Workday Not Present (N) Activity
Job Demand Walk – Frequent Climb Stairs – Occasional Stoop – Frequent Kneel – Occasional Crouch – Occasional Reach (immediate) – Frequent Reach (overhead) – Occasional Handling – Frequent Fingering
Frequent Sitting – Occasional Standing – Constant Push Cart
Frequent Pull Cart
Frequent Apply Not ready to Apply? Share With https://www.jobs.net/jobs/catholichealthsystem/en-us/job/United-States/Laundry-Aide-CCD-Laundry-FBM/J3T25N668VXHJVCG3CG/ Laundry Aide CCD - Laundry (FBM) Job Snapshot
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Job Type: Management, Health Care, Nurse
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 2/9/2018
Environmental Services - Laundry
Appropriately interacts with residents and other team members to ensure clothing and other personal items are delivered and accounted for in a timely manner. Qualification: High school diploma or equivalent, experience in a healthcare setting preferred. Additional
PDC: We believe in a Person Directed Care approach to long-term care, encouraging the individuals who live in our communities to make choices about the care and services they receive. Supervisor/ team leader positions: This individual must be self-motivated to accomplish assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision and lead team members toward accomplishing common goals.
All positions: Must be free from communicable diseases. Recommend immunizations be current in accordance to recommendations by CDC (unless contraindicated due to allergy), or natural immunity acquired by illness with specific disease.
Must pass criminal background and abuse registry checks and be eligible for unrestricted employment. Please ask us about potential employment bonuses. Benefits: Job Type: Part Time
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!