Lawrence Job Description Sample
Event Specialist Part Time Sales
Event Specialist Part Time Sales
Are you outgoing, friendly and enjoy meeting new people? Our part time Event Specialist jobs are fun and exciting and could be a great fit for you! Join our winning team as a retail demonstrator promoting best in class products at your local retailers. You can be the brand ambassador who excels in captivating an audience during in-store events, with an emphasis on brand awareness, product demonstration and sales. The in-store demonstrator is responsible for reviewing program materials, set up and break down of the work area, and the preparation and sampling of products on scheduled event days. Take this chance to join the largest sales and marketing agency in North America, Employer, where you will receive top-notch training and competitive pay rates.
- Set up, break down, product preparation and sampling during in-store demonstrations.
- Generate brand awareness and positive product impressions to increase sales.
- Assess customers individual usage needs and interests in order to best recommend products.
- Timely completion of all call reports, paperwork, and on-going personal training by required deadlines.
- High School Diploma preferred or equivalent job-related experience.
- Experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales, brand promotion or retail/grocery.
- Interact in a friendly, enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing manner with management, clients, and consumers in any setting.
- Stand comfortably for up to 6 hours a day.
- Able to work independently and as a motivated team player.
- Ability to work a part-time retail schedule, Monday through Sunday.
- Minimal travel required for training or other scheduled events.
- Daily access to a PC computer with internet/email access.
Employer is one of North Americas leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Employer services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Employer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.Responsibilities
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Employer is one of North Americas leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Employer services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Event Specialist generates excitement, customer engagement, brand awareness, and increased product sales through conducting event demonstrations. The Event Specialist is responsible for physically preparing, maintaining, and cleaning the demonstration area (including physically assembling and otherwise setting up and later breaking down the demonstration cart); actively marketing the product being demonstrated by physically approaching nearby shoppers to gain their attention and interest; preparing (e.g., cooking) and providing food or beverage samples or otherwise demonstrating the product to those shoppers who are successfully drawn in; and reading program materials as assigned to be able to conduct informed product-related discussions with consumers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Conduct demo event for approximately 5 ¾ hours
- Get out in front of and move around cart area to approach customers within 10 feet of cart
- Engage customers in a professional and memorable manner which generates enthusiasm for the product and the event and helps create a positive shopper experience
- Educate the consumer about the products, create brand awareness, and drive product sales
- Prepare product samples using demo equipment such as sharp knives, cooking appliances, and other food preparation tools
- Offer product samples to consumers
- Keep cart adequately stocked with samples, ingredients, and products for purchase, obtaining items from locations throughout the store as needed
- Maintain the area surrounding the demo in a safe and clean condition
Set up event within approximately 15 minute period
- Push cart weighing up to 52-74 lbs. a distance of 150-300 feet from storage area to event execution area
- Carry appliances/equipment weighing up to 20 lbs. a distance of 5-10 feet
- Retrieves product and supplies (requires lifting up to 20 lbs., reaching overhead; and carrying up to 20 lbs, up to 40 lbs at some locations, for a distance of 5 feet)
- Assemble cart and construct/set-up/display Point of Purchase materials, insert price signs, display product information, and lift signs up to 5 lbs.
- Set up and display product/materials on cart
Break down and clean up event within approximately 15 minute period
- Clean-up and sanitize cart
- Disassemble cart
- Push cart weighing up to 52-74 lbs. a distance of 150-300 feet from event execution area to storage area
- Return appliances/equipment by carrying items weighing up to 20 lbs. a distance of 5-10 feet
- Wash utensils and cookware
Perform administrative work
- Study product materials to develop product knowledge
- Review event schedule
- Complete call reports
- Attend trainings
- Check voice mails and emails
- Participate in scheduled calls with Supervisor/others as needed
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Significant experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales or retail/grocery is highly desirable
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Reading comprehension
- Active listening
- Ability to understand and apply new information, procedures or principles to perform job duties
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting form one to another with frequent interruptions
- Time management
- Detail orientation
- Basic computer skills to enter and locate information, including familiarity with Word, Excel and Internet usage
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Positive demeanor
- Sales orientation
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
- Willingness to uphold ethical standards, laws and company policies and procedures
- Knowledge of ASM demo guidelines related to selling, preparing samples, and safety
- Ability to use demo preparation and cooking equipment such as small countertop appliances, utensils and thermometers
- Knowledge of food safety policies and procedures
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to move throughout demo area to engage the customer
- Ability to move to locate products and supplies
- Ability to visually locate merchandise and other objects
- Execute demonstrations on scheduled date and time (subject to any schedule adjustments necessary to properly complete set up and break down or as otherwise modified by ASM management)
- Stand for up to 6 hours (other than legally required breaks/meal periods) and actively move around store up to a distance of about ½ mile to obtain, set up, and clean up demonstration cart and related equipment/materials; obtain product from shelves; conduct demonstration event
- May need to pass online Food Safety certification (all training hours will be paid for by the Company)
- Certain product demonstrations may require specialized talent, experience, expertise, skills, knowledge, certification, or duties in order to be eligible to conduct a particular event. If an associate does not satisfy the particular requirements for the specialized event, he/she would remain eligible for the standard, non-specialized events otherwise available to all associates in the position (to the extent such positions are available). Examples of the talent, experience, expertise, skills, knowledge, certification, or duties which may be required to conduct a specialized event include (without limitation): ability to satisfy requirements necessary to conduct product demonstrations involving alcoholic beverages; Food Safety Certification; Responsible Alcohol Server Certification; video game /other consumer electronics knowledge, skills, and experience
- Reliable access to a computer and a phone on a daily basis
- Satisfactory completion of background check/drug testing subject to applicable law
- Must perform the job safely and utilize proper safety techniques and use of equipment when appropriate.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a retail in-store environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 74 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding Employer Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by ones supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employer reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Employer shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).Important Information
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Employer. Come learn why Winning Together is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Employer is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Employer shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.
OTR Drivers Needed!
Join Our Team and Take Advantage of the Changes Coming in 2018:
- $.02/mile increase
- Pay detention after 1 hour
- Reimburse for all paid parking
- Pay practical miles door-to-door
We're Different and we like that.
Our Drivers do too.
There's no such thing as the perfect truck driving job or company, and we're not afraid to say it. A career is a big investment, so we think you should have all the information you need when making this important decision.
Our recruiting philosophy, and the reason why so many of our drivers stay with us, is that we give you the most accurate picture of what driving for Nussbaum looks like from day one, ensuring we never fall short of your expectations.
The Best Drive Here.
Our Company Drivers are the best in the business. Over-the-road is tough and we get that. Your hard work is rewarded here in a variety of ways, and you'll never be known by just your truck number. How about new-model trucks, advanced equipment, high-tech maintenance and support? Yeah, you'll get that too.
Paying Practical Miles and More.
We pay by practical miles rather than short miles because this is the most accurate way to get our drivers more. More than just a mileage rate, we bring it when it comes to accessorial pay and bonuses. We were recently recognized as a Top Pay Carrier for offering a compensation package that ranks in the top 20% of our industry.
- Home most weekends - it's one of our top priorities
- Guaranteed weekly minimum paychecks
- Late-model trucks with the comforts of home built-in
- Major medical, dental and vision health benefits
- Short-term disability & life insurance benefits
- Rider program
- Escalating Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Company-matched 401K Retirement Plan
How Will You Drive?
Our state-of-the-art headquarters are located in Central Illinois, but our driver base comes from all over the nation. With several hot spots and a growing hiring area, chances are we have an opening near you.
If hired in our Primary Hiring Area, you can expect to return home weekly. Often this includes spending two consecutive weeks out about 4-6 times a year.
Our Extended Hiring Area features a new Two Weeks Out = Two Days In plan that gets you home twice monthly for a minimum of 48 hours. Plus, you can pick which day you prefer to arrive home, Friday or Saturday.
As a massage therapist atthis Massage Envy franchised location,* essential duties include performing professional quality massage within scope of practice and licensing (as applicable) and in alignment with policies and protocols, utilizing approved modalities, in accordance with applicable law in your franchised location, designing specific sessions based on member's/guest's individual needs, and upholding the Massage Envy brand's core values of optimism, gratitude, excellence, consistency and empathy.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform professional quality massage, within scope of practice and licensing (as applicable).
- Must follow all Massage Envy policies and protocols.
- Assists in the cleanliness of the location (therapy rooms and common areas).
- Utilizes Massage Envy approved modalities, in accordance with applicable law in your location.
- If performing hot stone, deep muscle or prenatal therapy, must have appropriate training and satisfy the minimum clinic education hours.
- Maintain professional appearance at all times.
- Design specific sessions based on member's/guest's individual needs.
- Assists in the promotion of the health and wellness benefits to clients receiving massage therapy on a regular basis; communicates various promotions to clients.
- Creates excellent member/guest experience through friendly and helpful attitude.
- Reliable, on time attendance. Attends all scheduled shifts, is prompt to work and works entire scheduled shift.
- Completes Wellness Chart documentation accurately and completely.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will:
Education, Skills and Training:
- Have completed the minimum of 500 hours of massage therapy school as well as required classroom work.
- Participate in continuing education to improve effectiveness (preferred).
- Be able to complete a background check with satisfactory resultsas a condition of employment.
- Adhere to all applicable local and state licensing laws and regulations related to the massage therapy services provided, including following any applicable law pertaining to maintaining current Massage License.
- Have knowledge of and experience in performing Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage required, as well as knowledge of and experience in performing other modalities.
Communications and Personal Interactions:
- Have a strong customer service orientation.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively (orally and written) and in a courteous and professional manner on a regular basis with members, guests, co-workers and management.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
Massage Envy Franchising, LLC ("MEF") is a national franchisor of independently owned and operated franchised locations. Each individual franchised location, not MEF or any of its affiliates, is the sole employer for all positions posted by a franchised location, and each individual franchised location is not acting as an agent for MEF or any of its affiliates. Hiring criteria, benefits and compensation are set by each individually owned and operated franchised location and may vary from location to location.
Solo & Team Class A CDL Truck Drivers - Dedicated Run, Great Hometime
Dedicated routes giveHogan drivers freedom.
We have routes you can rely on.
We've done a lot more than talk to be around for over 95 years. Our drivers succeed with the support of the best equipment, pay, benefits and hometime that only an industry leader can provide. Whether you're an experienced Class A CDL driver, or a recent graduate, we have opportunities for you to join our team. To find the route that fits you best, call now and speak with a recruiter.
- Solos: Ask about our Sign On Bonus! Earn $0.42 CPM; up to $62,400 per year
- Team: Ask about our Sign On Bonus! Earn $0.55 CPM; $141,000 per year
- Home Every Other Day
- Brand New Equipment Available
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Valid Class A CDL License
Experienced Cdl-A OTR Team Drivers
CDL-A Team Truck Driver Jobs Now Available with Marten!Marten Transport is currently seeking team truck drivers for runs across the U.S.! With Marten Transport, we know how to differentiate ourselves from other carriers. That s why our drivers can expect industry-leading advantages, including inclement weather/downtime pay, automatic detention pay starting after one hour, and great home time.Make your move and EARN MORE in two steps with the MARTEN MATCH-UP!Share your latest paystub and you can earn a 2 CPM raise two ways:If your paycheck shows you to be a productive driver with your existing carrier, you ll get a 2 CPM raise as soon as you start with Marten.If you do not meet the production goals right away, you ll have six weeks to meet them. Do so by the end of six weeks and you ve earned your 2 CPM raise.Learn the details of how you can earn more take just a few minutes to fill out our short form!There is so much to gain!Premium benefits package & top earnings
Average 5,000 miles/weekFrequent home time
Excellent freight network
Are you ready to be a part of something great? Marten is ready to hear from you! Contact a recruiter for positions in your area!Driver RequirementsCurrent CDL-AHazMat preferred
Minimum 6 months recent OTR experience
Hiring Areas:Phoenix, AZ; Stockton, CA; Denver, CO; Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX
Associated topics: bus, class a cdl team driver, class b cdl team driver, class c cdl team driving, over the road team, owner operator team, team class c cdl, team otr, team trucking, team trucking company
Get Paid To Train! Swift Cdl-A Training & Job Placement
Get paid while you train at Swift! Our certified mentors are ready to provide you with outstanding paid training to grow you into a confident and professional truck driver at Swift!
Recent CDL Grads will spend between 200 and 300 hours behind the wheel on a mentor's truck hauling refrigerated loads, delivering freight, and taking care of customers' needs. You will learn from the best, bringing you one step closer to a successful career in trucking. Best part?
Paid Training.Swift is a career destination for drivers, not just another job. We support every driver, every mile, every day. At Swift you are more than just a driver, you are family.
That's why we have a proud culture of supporting Every Driver, Every Mile, Every Day.
Associated topics: cdl school, inexperienced driver, junior, no cdl needed, no cdl required, student driving, training, truck driver intern, we train y, will train
Start Your Class A CDL Truck Driving Career Today!
Earn More with our NEW Pay Increase!
Call for details! 866-420-4473
No Experience? No Problem! Start your Career Today!
In as little as three weeks of sponsored training at an approved CRST facility, you’ll be on the road, traveling the country, as a professional truck driver. There is always a job out there for a truck driver and it pays a lot more than you may think. In this high demand industry, with your CDL A license, you can find work all over the country. At CRST, you’ll learn first-hand from industry veterans who know what it takes to make it in the transportation industry. With a Class A CDL, you can quickly work your way up from a student to a trainer, with the opportunity to run your own business as an Owner Operator through our Lease Purchase program, in less than a year!
Veterans paid for time served.
CRST Expedited Military Apprenticeship Program pays you for your service while you earn your Class A CDL. If you use your GI Bill™ you can earn additional tax free income. Active Military Reservists and Honorably Discharged Veterans also receive a sign on bonus and pay credit for your time served.
If you have at least 2 years of experience driving a commercial vehicle in the military, you may be able to get started even sooner through the Military Skills Test Waiver. This means you would only have to pass the written exam to get your CDL, and there is an immediate pay increase.
Call a Military Specialist Recruiter for Details! 866-240-7831
Pay & Benefits:
Our student program helps you launch a rewarding truck driving career.
- NEW Pay Increase for ALL Company Drivers! Average 4 cpm more your first year!
- Guaranteed home time: one day off for every week out
- In as few as six months earn even more as a lead driver
- Longest average miles in the industry – earn more!
- Hazmat Mileage Bonus
- Affordable top-carrier medical, dental, and life insurance
- Matched 401(k) plan
- 99% no-touch, 80% drop-and-hook freight
- Average fleet age of just 1 ¼ years
- Hundreds of new trucks with late-model equipment
- Industry-leading safety program
Call and learn how fast you can get started. 866-420-4473
Must be 21 years old to apply.
Class A CDL Truck Driver - Glass Division
Maverick Made Glass Division careers open now for experienced CDL-A Truck DriversNEW $0.05 Pay Increase for Experienced & Student OTR Glass Drivers!It s clear: The best place for you to advance your truck driving career is with Maverick, the largest and most reputable glass carrier in the industry.
Do you enjoy the thrill of a challenge and the freedom of the road? Then you ll fit in perfectly with Maverick's Glass Division. Professional grade truck drivers at Maverick enjoy superior rewards like home time that is second to none, outstanding pay, industry-leading training, and the newest and safest trucks on the road. Whether you are looking for OTR or Dedicated lanes, you ll find your fit with a Maverick Made opportunity.Earnings:Experienced Drivers (6+ mos OTR)$.55- $.59 per mile starting pay$25 Tarp Pay & $30 Glass Pay 66% preloaded freight!$1,000 Orientation Pay$1,000 Flatbed Training Pay$1,000 Glass Training PayTravel, lodging, breakfast and lunch provided
StudentsStudent starting pay $.50 per mile$600 Orientation Pay$600 Flatbed Securement Training$600 Glass Training PayTravel, lodging, breakfast and lunch provided
Training Pay $600/weekAdvantages & Bonuses:$5,000 Sign-On Bonus for Experienced Drivers (limited time!)Pay increases up to 5 years
Weekend Guarantee Pay$15/hr Detention PayAddt l Pay for Performance Bonus Introductory/New Hire Rate ($.02 - $.04/mile)Performance Bonus Program (extra pay potential up to $.06 per mile)DRIVER REFERRAL BONUS - $1,000 - $2,000Paid weigh station bypass & tolls
Modern, well-maintained equipment
Passenger Authorization ProgramHealth/Dental Insurance + Rx card
Paid Life Insurance Policy401(k) Retirement Plan
- MatchPaid VacationFull Tuition ReimbursementGI Bill OJT approvedCDL Sponsorship Available
We Train New Truck Drivers!
We Train, We Hire Guaranteed!At C.R. England, we train new drivers and hire experienced drivers. We are seeking truck drivers that have a safe and clean record and can handle 12 Gears, 18 Wheels, 40 Tons, 80 Feet, and 400 Horsepower! If that sounds anything like you Apply Now.At C.R. England, You Choose Your Lane, You Choose Your Position, and You Get ALL the Benefits!You Choose Your Lane Dedicated: customer relationships, regular routes, and great pay
Regional: balanced home and road life, regular routes, and great miles
National: explore the country, competitive pay, and great miles
You Choose Your Position Solo
InstructorYou Get ALL the Benefits
Weekly Pay & Consistent Home Time
Health Benefits & 401k Participation
Paid Vacation & Bonus Incentives
Unlimited Cash Referral ProgramNo Experience. No Problem! Apply Now.
Associated topics: earning your class a, inexperienced driver, paid training, student driver, student driving, student truck driver, student truck driving, training, truck driver school, will train
CDL A Driver - Flatbed Owner Operator
CDL-A Owner Operators- Flatbed Stepdeck Multi Axle RGNBennett is looking for Owner Operators with open deck experience pulling the following trailers: Flatbed, Stepdeck, and multi axle RGN's. We also offer Lease Purchase Opportunities.Benefits:* $1000 Orientation Pay* $1000 Driver Referral
No Force Dispatch
Quick Pay Settlements (Same Day)* Strong Freight Based Out of Quad Cities and Surrounding States
Over 195 Agents
Discounts on Fuel and Tires
- Reimbursements for OrientationBennett continues to expand its already strong freight base out of the Quad Cities and upper Midwest. As a result, we need Owner Operators with Flatbed, Step deck, and Heavy haul experience. If you have the experience and meet the qualifications listed below, let's talk.
* We accept all trucks that can run e-logs regardless of age and pass DOT inspection
Stable Work History
Age 23 or older
Valid Class A CDL* 6 Months open deck experience in the last 2 years* 2 Years verifiable OTR tractor/trailer experience in past 5 years* 2 Years verifiable experience in Heavy Haul with multi axle trailers
Must have minimum of 6 months left on medcard/long form at orientation
No more than 7 points on CSA in past 3 years
No more than 2 moving violations in the last 12 month (Rolling violations)All Owner Operator applicants must meet all the general qualifications under 49CFR & sect;391.11, including without limitation, the United States DOT requirements that a driver applicant be at least 21 years old and can read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquires, and to make entries on reports and records.
Associated topics: flatbed owner operator, independent contractor, lease purchase, lp program, own truck driver, own truck driving, own your own, own your own truck, owner operator truck, solo driver
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!