Lay Out Technician Job Description Sample
Manufacturing Technician - Composite Lay Up - SF Production
Marketing Innovation Director - Frito Lay Core Brands
Lay Up And Press Operator - 1St Shift - EM
Lay Navigator (Oncology Administration) - Apple Hill Medical Center - FT - Days (57129)
Lay Health Educator
Care Management Lay Navigation Specialist
Lay Up Tech
Salisbury Management Inc. is currently seeking a full time Maintenance/ Facility Technician that will be responsible for maintaining and promoting the care of company property by performing general and preventive maintenance responsibilities in offices, residential properties and on building grounds. This opportunity is for multiple properties located primarily in Philadelphia/ Glen-side area.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform preventative maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- Repair structural damages. Sheet rock/dry wall repair, light carpentry etc.
- Perform plumbing related duties. Toilet repairs, repair leaking faucets, unblock sinks/toilets etc.
- Perform snow removal duties. Shovel walkways, stairs, porch areas, lay rock salt etc.
- Perform landscaping duties. Cut grass, trim bushes/trees, pull weeds.
- Perform basic electrical repairs such as replacing bulbs, ballasts and fixtures as needed.
- Complete painting assignments.
- Monitor and replace emergency lighting, exit signs /door entry batteries and units.
- Recognize potential safety issues in and around the building/grounds and act to correct.
- Perform custodial services on as needed basis.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The Maintenance / Facilities technician is a full-time position, scheduled Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, with a rotating on-call component. Local travel to various sites in Bucks, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties is required.
Qualifications & Skills:
The ideal candidate will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three years’ experience providing general repair services required.
- Valid Driver’s License required
Eligible Salisbury Management Inc. employees will receive:
- Competitive pay, benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards Program (which allows you earn points to purchase items)
- 401k options and accrued time off.
Salisbury Management Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information about Salisbury Management Inc. and careers with us please visit our website www.salisburymgt.com
Data Center Technician IV
CoreSite is actively seeking experienced technicians for our open Data Center Technician IV position with our data center in downtown Los Angeles, CA. Candidates must possess an expert level of knowledge and will be responsible for the operational integrity and regulatory compliance of the data center electrical, mechanical, fire life safety systems, and communications infrastructure. Please note that this opening is specifically for our swing shift, which requires the ability to regularly work from 3pm to 11pm PT in the downtown Los Angeles area (where parking would be provided).
CoreSite's Data Center Tech IV is charged with managing a variety of shifting priorities and daily tasks. The primary functional areas of these responsibilities include mechanical, electrical, fire & life safety, and network infrastructure. Mechanical responsibilities will include chilled water systems and components, HVAC systems such as roof top units, CRAC/CRAH units, and humidification systems. Electrical responsibilities will include electrical/critical power distribution from the Utility/Generator main switchgear through the UPS systems out to the customer load. Fire Life Safety responsibilities will include wet sprinkler systems and pre-action sprinkler systems as well as their associated detection devices. Communications Infrastructure responsibilities will include IFD / MDF / MMR management, structured cabling and supporting infrastructure ownership, and customer space management.
This position will also be directly responsible for the processes that maximize customer uptime in the most cost-effective way by working very closely with the Data Center Manager. Technicians must ensure that data center problems are identified and repaired quickly, contractors deliver quality services, and internal customer demands are met. A Tier IV technician develops creative approaches to keep operational costs to a minimum, improve efficiency, and implement new strategies.
- Expert understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including, but not limited to the following: electrical distribution and layout, Transformers, PLC’s, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, STS’, ATS’ PDU’s, Chilled Water Systems, CRAC/CRAH’s, Pre-Action Sprinkler Systems
- Expert knowledge of maintenance and compliance issues as well as building codes regarding fire safety
- Expert knowledge of fiber optics / cabling infrastructure and industry best practices
- Expert knowledge in industrial safety best practices (i.e. lockout/tag out, arc flash protection, OSHA and state regulations)
- Expert knowledge and experienced with data trending / tracking and analysis and ability to rapidly learn and use PC based, integrated critical monitoring systems
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience installing, maintaining, and/or troubleshooting large commercial and industrial systems including:
- Chilled Water Systems
- Large Centrifugal Chillers
- Cooling Towers
- Heat Exchangers
- Water Treatment Systems
- VFD’s and Pumps
- HVAC equipment
- Humidification Systems
- BMS and PLC Controls
- Emergency Standby Diesel Generator Systems
- Fuel/Oil systems
- Electrical generation and distribution
- Static UPS Systems
- Double Interlock Pre-Action Systems
- Proven leadership skills
- Proven expertise with laying out, pulling, dressing, and terminating fiber and copper communications cabling.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing IT hardware, servers, network switches, structured cabling.
- Excellent communication skills and experience with the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5 or more years in a mechanical/electrical position within critical facilities (preference given to a data center, hospital, or power plant experience)
Physical Demands and special requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand 1/3 – 2/3 of the time
- Ability to walk 1/3 – 2/3 of the time
- Ability to sit 1/3 – 2/3 of the time
- Ability to climb and balance 1/3 – 2/3 of the time
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl 1/3 – 2/3 of the time
- Ability to reach with hands & arms 1/3 – 2/3 of the time
- Ability to smell, talk & hear
- Ability to use hands to type, handle & feel
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds 1/3 of the time
- Ability to see at close and distance ranges and the ability to see color
- Must be comfortable working in a high stress, fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Must be willing to work outside normal business hours, including weekends, late nights, holidays, and on-call support
Not only does CoreSite have a fun, team-focused work environment, but we also offer great benefits!
- Medical and Vision coverage through Cigna Heath Care
- Dental Insurance through Delta Dental
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Contribution
- Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-term Disability Insurance fully paid by the company
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plans
- Free parking or a company contribution toward a public transit pass
- 16 days of Personal Time Off (PTO)
- 10 paid Holidays
- Wellness Program with annual incentive
CoreSite is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law are not taken into account in any employment decisions.CoreSite completes a variety of background check assessments (including inquiries of criminal history and drug tests) in accordance with all federal, state and local laws.
Candidates are considered consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO and other applicable regulations. If you require assistance or an accommodation to successfully complete an application with CoreSite, please notify us.
Thank you for your interest in CoreSite.
Maint. Mechanic II (Eng) Hvac&R Technician
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!