Layer Job Description Sample
Benny Hempstead Excavating is looking for hard working pipe layers to perform the following duties:
· Install and repair water, stormwater & sewer structures and pipe systems.
· Work in trenches confirming required depths and grades as per specifications.
· Check slopes for conformance to requirements using levels and lasers.
· Lay Pipe, Cut Pipe to required lengths and make appropriate fitting connections.
· Grade and level trench bases, using tamping machines and hand tools.
· Shoveling, Raking, Digging and backfilling of ditches
· Use of probe to locate underground utilities and hand digging as required.
- Loading/Unloading Trucks
· Install and repair underground structures, manholes and vaults.
· Pipe and Structure testing.
· Always work safely and take action to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes, and behaviors.
- General Construction work
· Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor
· Must be hard-working, dependable and be able to perform manual labor for approximately 80% of the work shift.
· This position may require you to work a variety of shifts including weekends.
· Successful candidates will have a minimum of 1 year experience with underground utilities as well as experience working around construction equipment.
· Valid Driver’s License
We offer competitive wages and benefits.
We are a drug free work environment requiring pre-employment and random drug testing.
Brick Layer And Masonry Restoration Mechanic PCC
we are looking to fill the position of a experienced brick layer and masonry restoration mechanic, skilled in concrete patching, re-pointing, caulking, coatings, conventional scaffold, and swing scaffolding, also experienced laborers.
Starting pay between $16/hr to $21/hr. We are looking for experienced brick/stonemasons who have reliable transportation. Currently looking for someone temporarily for a couple of months maybe long term. Must be knowledgable about brick work and be self motivated.
Merlo Construction Company is a concrete and earthwork contractor that specializes in demolition, earthwork, utilities, concrete foundations, interior flatwork, site concrete, and curb and gutter. Since 1991, Merlo Construction has been a leading concrete and earthwork contractor in southeast Michigan completing work in the commercial and public/MDOT markets. Openings for pipelayers, top and tailmen.
Due to our sustained growth and our desire to promote from within, we are looking to add pipe layers to our team. This individual must have experience operating a 60 HP concrete saw.
- Experience In commercial and municipal utility work.
- At least one year of experience in the construction industry
- Must be a self-motivated individual looking to make a meaningful impact while working in a great team atmosphere
At Merlo, we offer a competitive compensation package for all full-time team members that includes the following:
- Competitive Wages
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Program with Employer Matching Contribution
- Financial Planning Services
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus
Equipment Operator - Pipe Layer
Average 40 to 60 hours a week, Monday - Friday (occasional Saturday)
- Construction labor experience a plus
- Prefer pipe laying experience
- Bilingual helpful
- Valid Drivers License required
- Pay DOE
- Proper connection of pipe pieces and seal joints
- Check slopes for conformance requirements
- Cut pipe to required length
- Install or repair water or sanitary sewer pipe systems
- Grade or level trench bases, using tamping machines or hand tools
- Assist in digging trenches
- Backfill and landscape/concrete restoration
We offer medical, dental and vision benefits.
Paid vacation after 1 year of service
Pay based on experience.
- Install water, sewer, and drainage lines for heavy construction
- Maintain an organized, clean job site
- Follow proper safety procedures
- Be prepared for work, daily
- Maintain a strong work ethic throughout projects
- Have respect for fellow employees, and yourself
We have a position available for an experienced pipe layer. Duties will include:
- Laying / installing gravity and pressure pipe.
- Setting Manholes and other precast structures ( Catch Basins, Drywells, Vaults, Etc ).
- Operating heavy equipment and general labor as needed.
Applicants must be familiar with both gravity and pressure pipe systems and have a minimum 2 years experience as a mainline pipe layer.
Benefits include: Medical, Paid Holidays, Vacation
Wage is $15+ per hour DOE. Full-time, overtime
LOOKING FOR A PIPE LAYER OR Heavy EQUIPMENT OPPORATOR EXPERIANCE
Job Summary :Lay pipe for storm and sanitation sewers. Drains and water mains for development, large utility installation and road construction. Responsibilities • Operate in trench to effectively complete all jobs assigned within designated time limit. • Prepare daily crew time-card with... multiple tasks, machines and employees each itemized separately. • Maintain clean and safe work area. • Identify hazards associated with task assignments and ask questions when clarification is needed. • Direct laborers in assisting to complete job. • Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. • Performs safety check of job site and equipment. • Checks quality of pipe to ensure it is without defect.
Qualifications • Must be able to show proof of age over 18, identity and right to work in the US.
• Must be able to pass drug screen.
• Valid driver license and clean MVR preferred.
• Able to lift and carry 50+ lbs or more repeatedly.
1 year of utility/pipe laying experience preferred.
• Able to work overtime as needed
TO APPLY please call 801-635-7217 or Amanda at 801-616-8420
Please send your resume to RichinsGeneralEngineering@gmail.com
Pipe Layer And More
South West Plumbing is looking for a Pipe Layer for our Underground Department. If you are looking for a great career not just another job than this is the opportunity for you! In addition, if you work well with others and enjoy working outside this is for you. Immediate openings! Experience at installing sewer and water pipe a plus but not necessary since we have an excellent training program.
- Back hoe work excavating sewer and water lines.
- Pipe laying (sewer and or water line)
- Shoring installation
- Yard preparation and clean up
- Hand digging
- Willing to work a hand shovel
- Works well with others
- Clean cut and well groomed
- Drug Screening
- Available to work overtime/ long shifts
- Able to come to work with a smile
- Medical Dental Vision and Life insurance
- Best pay in the industry
- Paid Vacation
- Performance Incentives
- GREAT work atmosphere
- 401K Plan
*Background check and drug screening are pre-employment requirements*
Experienced Pipe Layer
A.H. Grover, Inc. is an Excavation Contractor based in North Yarmouth, Maine with the majority of it's jobs in the Greater Portland Area. We are looking for experienced pipe layers. We are an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive pay based on experience with an excellent benefits package. (Sick & Vacation time, medical, life, disability and dental insurance, 401K and profit sharing)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!