Leasing Agent Job Description Sample
Leasing Agent / Leasing Consultant
Need an experienced full time leasing person for a growing apartment community located in the Rochester Area. Must be organized, computer literate, punctual, dependable, with a great personality and a commitment to success within the company. Some responsibilities include but not limited to: touring, answering the phones, data entry, leasing, following up on work orders, walking make ready units.
Excellent company offering: competitive pay, medical benefits, paid time off, 401(k), and more!!
• Proactively manage sales, outreach, prospecting and lead generation with a primary focus of converting leads into sales. This includes interacting with neighborhood groups and community organizations.
• Acknowledge and greet all residents as well as prospective residents.
• Perform a needs analysis for prospective residents.
• Provide a professional, positive and engaging experience for prospects while touring the apartment homes and community.
• Take resident complaints and identify proper protocol to resolve issues; elevate issues to management, if necessary.
• Assist in the preparation of marketing material for outreach to include newsletters, market surveys and resident activities. Attend assigned community/resident events.
• Regularly conduct, complete and update marketing surveys to include both telephone and physical shops of competitors.
• Process apartment applications and lease renewals by accurately completing all related paper work.
• Complete guest cards and traffic information as needed.
• Create resident files by including all related paperwork and documentation; properly file away in the appropriate location.
• Enter, print and distribute work order requests to appropriate maintenance personnel.
• Handle administrative functions to include clerical and reception responsibilities.
• Maintain effective internal controls over operational activities to ensure compliance with best practices and company guidelines.
• Work with maintenance department to ensure apartment turnovers, moves-in, move-outs, and work order requests are completed to company/community standards.
• Conduct walk through of available apartments prior to showing to ensure readiness for show.
• Visit model and mini-model apartments daily to ensure readiness for show.
• Assist new residents with the move-in process
• Previous leasing and/or sales and customer service experience preferred.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to quickly develop rapport with prospective residents.
• Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work well in a team setting.
• The ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to quickly adapt and change priorities while professionally managing interruptions.
• Must be organized and able to meet assigned deadlines.
• Must pay strong attention to detail, accurately completing required paperwork.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
Morgan Communities is always looking for true team-players who want to work for a company that allows for growth and development. We seek individuals who want to learn and advance in the industry. Every employee plays a vital role at Morgan Communities, so with your desire to succeed and our training and resources, opportunities at Morgan Communities are more than just jobs. Morgan Communities offers exceptional career paths, and joining our team can lead to an exciting and fast-paced career. We provide an atmosphere that fosters a healthy work life balance, and our comprehensive benefits package provides health care, retirement planning, paid time off, and much more to help with your needs today and build for your future tomorrow.
Morgan Communities provides its team members with an exceptional company culture. We value diversity and are committed to equal opportunity in employment. We offer a safe, healthy work environment for employees through a commitment to maintaining a drug-free workplace. At Morgan Communities, success is about more than having a healthy bottom line. We are committed to making Morgan Communities an amazing and unique place to work for each member of our team.
Morgan Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Leasing Agent Needed - Grow | Learn | Be Amazing!
Leasing Agents are responsible for greeting prospects, presenting professionally the features and benefits of the apartment community, and properly securing lease agreements from qualified applicants. Leasing Agents are service oriented and strives for resident retention by making residents feel welcome and comfortable in their apartment community.
Years of experience is NOT required for this position. We will train you in both the apartment business and the required software. You however must be willing to accept the training.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
· Be enthusiastic when providing information about the apartment community to the prospective resident and when scheduling visits to the apartment community.
· Greet prospective residents, qualify and determine their needs and preferences while being pleasant, cheerful, and tactful. Professionally present the apartment community and specific apartment home(s) while pointing out features and benefits.
· Understand all company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
· Effectively explain all leases and community policies to new and current residents.
· Maintain an accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the apartment community particularly in areas such as rent and pricing information, vacancies, apartment home availability, lease expirations, square footage.
· Monitor all vacancies and future vacancies to react proactively to future occupancy needs.
· Routinely inspect all target and model apartment homes to ensure they are ready to show to prospective residents.
· Conduct follow up calls with all residents to establish positive resident relations.
· Gather feedback from both prospects and current residents on the quality and amenities of the apartment community and make suggestions for improvements to the Property Manager and Regional Manager.
· Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
· Represent Legacy REI Group and the apartment community in a professional manner at all times.
MARKETING AND LEASING
· Maintain a professional, yet friendly, atmosphere in the leasing office and other areas where prospective residents and residents meet.
· Maintain work area in a clean and organized manner.
· Accurately prepare and assist with all leasing paperwork including: applications, screenings, verification, communication, lease agreements, addendums, employment verifications, renewals, and leasing move in packets.
· Collect security deposits, rents, and all other funds associated with residents.
· Maintain current resident files.
· Complete Guest Cards on all prospects, send thank you notes, and perform follow up.
· Assist the Property Manager in implementing resident retention and renewal programs.
· Support the overall marketing efforts and assist with new and creative ways to market. Monitor and maintain all community advertising and effectiveness of response.
· Participate in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents
· Gather information about the submarket and competition, and prepare monthly market survey reports to analyze the market trends and conditions in the area.
· Contribute ideas to the Property Manager for marketing the apartment community and for improving resident satisfaction.
· Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as requested by the Property Manager.
· Must be bilingual. English and Spanish.
· Two (2) years of experience in previous relevant customer service.
· Must have a valid Driver's License.
· Submit to background checks and drug screens upon request.
· Provide 2 Forms of ID showing eligibility to work in the US.
· Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
· Ability to support and contribute within a team.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions.
· Must comply with policies and procedures outlined in the employee handbook.
· Must participate in training to comply with new or existing laws.
· Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets.
· Proficiency in using the Internet for marketing, advertising, and sales-related activities.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
Bilingual Experienced Leasing Agent For Fort Worth, TX
Are you looking for a change or just a new start, look no further. We are looking for an experienced bilingual leasing agent for a great property in Haltom City Texas. This is a temp to perm bilingual leasing position.
We are seeking an EXP BILINGUAL LEASING For Fort Worth, TX Area to join our growing team! You will handle all real estate activities and transactions on behalf of the clients.
- List and sell residential or commercial real estate
- Negotiate purchase agreements and contracts with buyers and sellers
- Host open houses and other events
- Prepare market analysis to help determine property value
- Educate clients on basic real estate procedures
- Verify and disclose property facts to clients
- Previous experience in real estate, property management, or other related fields
- Familiarity with real estate contracts and leases
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Direct Placement services the entire Dallas/Fort Worth area.
We staff for the following property management positions:
Leasing Consultants, Assistant Property Managers, Property Managers, Concierge, Housekeepers, Porters, Make Ready, Assistant Maintenance (EPA Certified), Lead Maintenance (EPA Certified)
A Large Property Management Company, located in Rahway, NJ is looking for an Leasing Agent. Responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the leasing office. You will support tenants and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Help with the marketing of the apartment units
- Assist with showing available apartments to tenants
- Receive and copy information for prospective tenants
- Screening interested prospective tenants for qualifications
- Provide general support
- Assistant property management experience
- A friendly and upbeat demeanor - you will be the face of the company!
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
OUR PROMISE: "We will do everything possible to be a trusted partner, to conduct each search with integrity and to exceed expectations in a professional, courteous and timely manner."
Apartment Leasing Agent
Silverside Management, LLC is now interviewing for experienced professional apartment leasing agents for several Metro-Detroit area locations.
Must have dependable transportation, be able to work Full-time and have previous apartment leasing experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We offer great pay, PTO, paid holidays and a great place to learn mastery of your skills. We are an organization that values constant learning and improvement of each staff member.
Our Promise and Guiding Principles for all Team Members
- Rock Solid Integrity governs our decisions, big and small.
- We are always striving for excellence as individuals and as a company.
- We value our employees: life balance, development opportunities and great compensation are the keys ingredients
Part Time Student Housing Leasing Agent
On-Site Leasing Agent
Responsible for conversion of telephone and walk-in prospects to leases, resulting in maintained and increased occupancy, and the inherent responsibility to effectively communicate to existing residents and maintain a successful renewal program. Responsibility for accurately maintaining prospect and lease files, assisting with leasing reports, with additional responsibility to assist the Manager with the coordination of day-to-day activities of the property in accordance with the standards established by Spaces Management. Assist in maintaining clerical, filing and record keeping systems. Identify and strive to meet the resident’s needs.
· Listen attentively to questions and comments. Communicate in a professional and composed demeanor under all circumstances.
· Respond to phone calls and correspondence in a timely, professional manner (Same day is standard, but in no case is response time to be greater than 24 hours).
· Display exceptional ability to analyze and deal with a variety of situations that otherwise could be potential problems.
· Respond to questions accurately when asked and possesses good communication and composition skills.
· Support the Company’s philosophy, goals and adheres to Company policies.
· Offer helpful input when asked for suggestions for improved policies and procedures.
· Understand and follow directions given by direct supervisors, and conscientiously completes them.
· Act quickly and effectively when the situation demands it.
· Organize time effectively and successfully balances the competing demands of multiple projects.
· Schedule vacations in advance with consideration of back up during absence.
Compliance and Enforcement
· Acquire and maintain current knowledge of state regulatory agency statutes and each client’s community’s documents, policies and procedures.
· Fair housing compliance.
· Employment law compliance.
· Assist with covenant and rules enforcement.
· Process work orders and close them out.
· Perform annual unit inspections of each unit including each renewal lease.
· Assist with the Turn of units.
· Perform move-in inspections with new residents.
· Inspect Turned units.
Financial and Reporting
· Assist with monthly Management Reports.
· Monitor leases regularly. Send renewal/cancellation notices timely.
· Create and maintain Guest Cards for EVERY prospect that contacts the community.
· Produce leasing reports.
· Conduct market surveys
Marketing and Retention
· Manage resident’s relationships to ensure residents retention and a high level of service including timely and complete resolution of residents concerns, coordinating special services and requests, and conducting formal and informal inspections.
· Provide effective marketing and communications, including advising management of pertinent issues as related to the community, market, or other respective issues
· Respond effectively to telephone, email, and Internet inquiries to generate prospective resident visits to the community.
· Show and demonstrate apartments utilizing sales skills to demonstrate market ready product and availability to close prospects.
· Follow-up with prospective residents.
· Walk model tour route and open models daily to ensure quality presentation.
· Obtain leas information and complete lease applications.
· Conduct required credit and reference checks.
· Set-up and maintain lease files.
· Verify files are complete prior to resident move-in.
· Assist with resident problems and complaints.
· Plan community activities and events.
· Conduct periodic market surveys
· Collaborate with the leasing manager to assess changes in rental market through analysis of customer traffic and rental records
· Plan, promote, and implement effective Resident Retention program
· Communicate with residents through monthly newsletters, monthly community activities, regular resident recognition, follow-up on service requests, and continual promotion of resident services
· Provide new residents with a resident handbook, and keep it current
· Develop contacts with influencers to generate referrals.
· Google page kept current
· Facebook page kept current
· RentCafe page kept current
· Monitor and respond to all reviews
Reports directly to the Property Manager. Works with home office staff, other site managers, other management company employees, outside vendors, and service providers.
Experience: Must possess sales and customer service experience. Two - three years of experience, preferably in property management.
Education: High-School degree or GED, or equivalent combination of leasing and sales education and experience.
Extensive mobility and good physical condition. Must be able to perform the physical functions of the position, which may include, but are not limited to: ability to walk property, including stairs, to complete physical inspections, deliver resident communications, and show apartments. Be able to effectively communicate with residents, staff, supervisors, vendors, etc. Must be able to lift a minimum of 60 lbs. to facilitate vacuuming, moving office furniture and lifting of supplies.
Pre-Employment Test Scores: Pass drug test and Background Check.
Must have a reliable vehicle to perform various management tasks and errands. Must have proof of liability insurance for same. Bondable and Valid Driver’s License.
Other duties as required.This is not an all-inclusive job description; th
Growing national multifamily investment and management firm seeks an energetic, experienced Leasing Agent for an apartment community located near downtown Nashville.
This is a strong team environment where duties will include:
Meeting and greeting prospective residents
Explaining rental rates and income qualifications for a conventional community
Showing apartment units and describing amenities
Compliance with all state and federal Fair Housing requirements
Inspection of apartments for move-in availability
Entering traffic into database, following up with prospects to close the lease
Distribution of move in packages, preparing and explaining leases
Assisting with marketing efforts and resident relation functions
Working evening and weekends is required
Successful candidate will be professional in appearance, be organized, have stable job history, possess excellent communication skills and exhibit high degree of attention to detail and pride in work product
A sincere and professional attitude and ability to work with individuals at all levels is required
Rent Manager experience preferred
Tax Credit (LIHTC) experience a MUST
Salary commensurate with necessary skills and experience.
Leasing Agent - Brooklyn
We are looking for a few intelligent and capable leasing agents who will represent a residential rental portfolio in some of Brooklyn's most exciting neighborhoods - from Crown Heights to Ditmas Park. This position offers a unique opportunity to be on the cutting edge of Brooklyn's tremendous growth. Brooklyn is currently the fastest growing borough by both population and number of new housing units added annually; our leasing agents will be facilitators of the borough's rapid transformation.
The candidate must be well versed in all facets of the residential leasing process and must possess a valid NYS Real Estate Salesperson License.
Responsibilities will include:
- Communicating with prospective tenants to present and show listings
- Gathering customer’s credit history, application and supporting documents for owner’s review
- Facilitating lease signings and other transactions as necessary
- Maintaining and updating advertisements and online marketing efforts
- Photographing and evaluating apartments to create successful marketing campaign
- Creating floor plans and marketing materials
- Conducting market research on comparable rental properties
- Acting as a liaison between brokerage and management to communicate agreements made between owner and tenant
Compensation: This full-time position offers a competitive compensation package including a salary, health insurance, bonus potential and more.
East Valley Leasing Agent
Come join our team! CAM Properties is looking for full time leasing agent for an East Valley Property
Principal Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answering Phones
- Processing tenant payments
- Processing tenant notices
- Data Entry
- Customer service
- Tenant relations
- Office assistant for phones and filing
- Showing prospective residents available units
Requirements Job Requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word a must)
- Must be able to work Saturdays
- Dependable and punctual
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Great customer service skills
- Self-motivated, resourcefulness and goal driven with problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must work well with a team
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- Attention to detail, double checks work for accuracy
- Bilingual preferred
-Health/dental/vision/life insurance offered
-Sick time & vacation time
Licensing preferred however, we will train you for your license if you are interested in leasing in the city. 100% Commission.
We service Rental Clientele in The greater Chicagoland vicinity from our Michigan Avenue office which services all high-active renter locations throughout the city. We have thousands of listings throughout Chicago and can feed you many leads as well as teach you how to be self-sustaining in the real estate business
- Lincoln Park
- South Loop
- River East/North/West
- We provide you weekly leads
- We provide you appointments
- Lead-generating software
- Lead-management software
- Proprietary Marketing Dashboard
- Custom Agent IDX Website
- Custom Individual Agent Mobile App
- Analytic Data for client tracking
- Customer Relationship Management Platform (CRM)
- Learn the latest in real estate technology
- Prospect Programs that guarantee new business
- How to build long-term, repeat clientele
- Unique marketing strategies that work
- Target Marketing for sellers, buyers, renters
- We train you on the market and real estate principals
Passive Income Opportunity
- Team Building with Residuals
- Mentorship Opportunities
Prospect Equities Real Estate hires licensed agents as well as train leasing students that are looking to separate themselves from the competition through a cost-effective approach of accessing the latest in technology, branding, training, and advertising to deliver client results. We provide the highest level in agent training, support, tools, marketing capability, and lead generation software with the highest return on your commission. No other 100% brokerage gives you more and we have guaranteed that since our inception in 2000.
Prospect Equities® is a licensed Real Estate Brokerage in IL,NY, FL, AZ, an Equal Opportunity Employer, and observes
The Fair Housing Act.Job Type:
1099 Commissioned Independent Contractor, no salary or W-2
Required license or certification:
- Real Estate Broker or Leasing Agent
Our training and technology is second to none complimented by an aggressive compensation program for real estate agents. We focus on all facets of real estate brokerage; from residential to commercial, both sales and leasing.
Real estate, leasing, rentals
PE agents are afforded the latest in agent tools, sales techniques, and client marketing programs through our proprietary Customer Strategy System which generates high-quality leads, furthers client relationships, and maintains transaction consistency.
Join one of our consistently growing national luxury office locations today and experience a brighter, more efficient, and rewarding way to achieve your real estate career goals as a PE agent.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!