Lens Polisher Hand Job Description Sample
Lens Design Engineer
Sunex has an immediate opening for a hard-core Lens Design Engineer in our Carlsbad, CA location. You will be working a team of talented engineers and scientists to design the next generation lenses for advanced imaging applications. You will also be expected to work with our technical sales team to solve technical challenging problems and come up with innovative optical solutions.
- Perform detailed imaging lens design using Zemax or Code V
- Provide technical solutions to potential customers from a wide variety of industries including automotive, medical, security, IoT, VR/AR, and robotics.
- Participate in trade-shows and identify potential leads
- Contribute to group technical and sales activities
- Visit customers/partners onsite within US and abroad
- Be a liaison between customers and our manufacturing operations in China
The successful candidate should meet the following requirements:
- BS or MS degree in optics, EE or physics with optics or imaging concentration
- Proficiency in Zemax or Code V or similar optical design software
- Demonstrated background in imaging optics or digital imaging systems
- Knowledge of optical manufacturing and testing processes
- Project management and overseas travel experience a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to take on new challenges and to grow with our company.
- A team player in an entrepreneurial environment
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Up to 10% travel, domestic US and international (Asia and Europe)
- No cold calling is required
- Employee must meet company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, by performing all work-related tasks in a manner in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- We provide excellent compensation package including health and retirement program and year-end performance based bonus.
Metal Polisher I
Prizer is seeking a Polisher I who will be primarily responsible for polishing and buffing assembled parts while removing defects such as spots or scratches to quality standards.
Perform polishing operations with machine polishers and hand tools on varies types of metal
Make minor corrections to defects
Keep work area clean and orderly
Willing to be a team player and accept other jobs duties when necessary
Locate and gather materials and supplies needed; check material for correctness and quality.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment with fast changing priorities.
Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
Follow all company rules and policies.
Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
Communicate with coworkers and management effectively.
Clean and maintain work area.
Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
Other duties as assigned.
No prior polishing experience required; will train the right person
High school diploma or GED is preferred.
Solid working mechanical background
Good communications skills
Must be detailed oriented
Flexible schedule is required; this position requires shift work as well as some weekend work.
Candidate has to be a strong team player.
Candidate has to be reliable with good attendance history.
Lift up to 50lbs
Stand for long periods of time
Able to bend, stoop, reach and squat
Precision Countertops is the leading custom countertop manufacturer in the Pacific Northwest. We are currently recruiting for a Polisher for our Kent, WA location.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read shop diagrams and templates to ID fabrication specs
- Use hand grinders and other tools to polish edges of stone
- Learn characteristics of each type of stone and follow specifications to polish ea.
- Repair chips and blemishes as needed
- Final inspection and approval before releasing product to the next stage of production
- Maintain tools and work area
- Work to proper safety standards
- Train potential polishers
- Successful history of working in a high paced changing work place
- Record of outstanding attendance and punctuality
- Proven record of quality work and attention to detail
- Lift 100 lbs intermittently throughout the day
- Ability to learn “ template absolutes” quickly and work with template manager and Engineering to adhere to them
- Successful history as a team member in a high paced environment
- Background in using basic hand tools
- Must mass background check
- Experiencing working with stone countertop production is a plus
- Understanding of the proper usage of stone during template layout as well as an understanding of installer template procedures is a plus
- Ability to give feedback to template manage rand shop manager regarding template errors
- Construction or Auto Body experience is a plus
Precision Countertops offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Precision Countertops is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
A premier employer of Kosciusko County Indiana is looking for talented Polisher. This is a great position for someone that wants to get their foot in the door with a premier company with little to no medical device experience. If you are looking for a great position to help support your income. We have several weekend shifts available. Great wages and great environment.
Bonus retention and mileage coverage for commute of 40 miles or over. Other great perks and incentives available.
This position is responsible for performing all robotic and hand polishing/buffing operations.
- load and unload parts in the robots
- Change belts and wheel as necessary for proper finish
- Maintain all equipment in the department as required
- Do final buff for parts requiring additional work after robot finish
- Must be able to work a weekend shift but train Monday through Friday on an off-shift
HS Diploma or GED
Must be able to read blueprints
Must be able to use precision measuring devices
Willingness to learn
Must be able to work without supervision
Steady work history
Zing Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Metal Polisher / Plater
Employer: A BROOKLYN FACTORY (manufacturer of small plumbing tools)
Payrate: $13 at start with full benefits
Schedule: 8 am – 4 pm (F/T)
Concrete polishing company seeking a full time employee that has experience in polishing concrete. Position is available immediately. Must have Valid Drivers License, must be able to prove citizenship of the U.S. other experience desirable: epoxy applications, staining concrete, decorative concrete.
please send resume
Contact Lens Technician
Our Contact Lens Technician is directly responsible for providing quality customer service in processing contact lens transactions including customer contact lens insertion and removal training. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, organized and detail-oriented with an ability to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment. This position requires a lot of teamwork and provides a great opportunity to join our practice.
- Maintains frames catalogues.
- Ensure rebate forms/info/material are up-to-date.
- Ordering contact lenses from prescription houses.
- Checking contact lenses on delivery to ensure that they meet the required specifications.
- Monitors tags on frames.
- Conducts frame and accessory inventory.
- Communicate with patients regarding their glasses.
- Communicate with patients regarding their contacts.
- Ensures glasses are ready for patients on time.
- Ensures contacts are ready for patients on time
- Packages and mails contacts to patients.
- Bilingual a plus
- Answers contact lenses phone fee inquiries.
- Orders Contact Lenses for patients and maintains proper Contact Lens Order Tracking.
- Keeps contact lens delivery areas clean.
- Keeps the contact lens room supplied with all necessary items, including tissues, soap, paper towels, contact lens solutions, samples, drops, solutions, cases, contact lens accessories and etc.
- Undertake computer training and development.
- Maintain and perform inventory of stock contact lens/cases, solutions, kits, supplies, etc.
- Returns defective, used and/or unnecessary frames/contact lenses for credit.
- Additional duties as assigned to ensure accomplishment of our mission.
Our practice prides itself on delivering eye care with a personal touch. We work as a team to make our office a welcoming environment. Patients will have a better experience at our office because they see how we respect and support each other.
Remember the principles and values and be proud that you are an important part of the Smyrna Eye Group Team.
-* Above all, we are dedicated to the professional practice of Optometry.
-* We will strive to please each patient to the best of our ability.
-* We will keep the visual welfare of the patient uppermost at all times.
-* To maintain the highest quality service to our patients, we will constantly upgrade our practice through education and the use of new Optometric techniques and procedures.
-* We need our patients as much as they need us; therefore, we will always smile and be pleasant to each patient.
-* We will always maintain an atmosphere conducive to providing the highest professional standards for our patients.
-* We will make every effort to work together as a team and to respect each individual patient, employee or visitor to our office.
-* We will conduct ourselves at all times in a manner which is consistent with all applicable laws.
-* We will maintain a high level of integrity.
Contact Lens Specialist/Reception
We are a busy Ophthalmology and Optometry Practice seeking an experienced contact lens specialist. The right person will be joining our fun and outgoing team to create an excellent environment for both our patients and coworkers. This position will be working optical reception along with helping our contact lens patients. Excellent customer service skills, a good attitude, and being reliable is a must. Job duties will include but are not limited to: contact lens sales, ordering of contacts from manufacture/distributor,maintaining/tracking contact orders, contact lens trainings, answering phones, file/pull charts, check in/out patients, maintaing office supplies. Some optician experience a plus, but not required.
Entry Level Grinder / Buffer / Deburrer / Polisher - Urgent!
Job Title: Polisher A
Duration: over 6 months contract assignment
Location: Fullerton, CA
Pay Rate: $13 - $14
Schedule: First Shift
Requires preparation and set up of all polishing equipment within the department for the fabrication of a variety of hardware use in the aircraft industry. May assist Polisher B.
Set up and operate polishing lathes and prepares metal surfaces for painting.
Buff, polish, grind, leas and colors various types of ferrous and non-ferrous metals and their
alloys, as well as various grades of plastics and other material to produce finish requirement
specified on manufacturing work orders and/or blueprints.
Select proper contact wheel abrasive belt, buff, lea or color wheels, etc. to produce required
Select proper compound (grease, lea, rouge, etc.) for use in conjunction with abrasive belt or
wheel required to either promote longer life of tool (abrasive belt or wheel) or to assist in
achieving specified finish.
Adjust machine to maintain proper R.P.M. for operating being performed.
From time to time must degrease own work either prior to or after finishing.
Exercises good housekeeping and safety principles in the completion of work duties.
All other duties as assigned.
Familiar with polishing equipment. Good motor skills.
Education and Experience: 3 to 5 years experience in polishing.
Physical demands and work environment
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required
to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, stoop, kneel,
crouch, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 lbs.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather
conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is
moderate to high. The individual will be working in the factory floor which is in the same
building as the office and may be exposed to machine noise, fumes, and dust.
Do you love working with your hands and being active on the job? If so, this is the perfect fit for you! A local manufacturer of industrial lifts is looking for a Grinder and polishing worker. You will have the ability to grow with the company and work with a highly motivated staff.
In this position you will be grinding, sanding, and polishing objects made out of metal that will be used for production process. Uses grinder and hand tools to ensure smooth surface. Inspects for flaws or cracks.
•Prepare surface for further finishing.
•Mark cracks and splits for repair.
•Position grinding equipment over surface.
•Start grinding process by turning on equipment.
•Adjust output of power.
•Grind materials according to specifications.
•Select files according to materials and shape of work pieces.
•Test workpieces in working machinery.
•Clean equipment and work tables.
•Load or remove workpieces from work tables.
•Record product data.
•Maintain or repair equipment.
•Follow guidelines and templates.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Ability to read a tape measure and knowledge to use hand tools.
In order to expedite the application process, use the following link to apply:
If above link does not work, go to www.teamambassador.com to review open positions.
This singular focus evolved into a logo and way of doing business that became the Ambassador Brand. The three stars in our logo represents our clients, our customers and ourselves.
Growing this brand through several acquisitions and new location startups, the company has blossomed into a staffing company with an impressive geographical footprint with physical locations in 8 states and serving customers in 28 states.
Our Southern roots continue to this day - with our hospitality and willingness to devote ourselves entirely to our employees, our clients and their successes. All of our employees are extremely dedicated and care deeply about the level of service that we give. We all work under the belief that we are the best at what we do.
Ambassador is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other attribute protected by law.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!