Lifeguard Job Description Sample
TLC is currently looking for certified lifeguards to supervise pool sessions with its students AND AFTERSCHOOL. This individual needs to be a certified lifeguard.
Compensation will depend on qualifications and experience.
Nature of Work: This is skilled water-safety work involved in the operation of the Learning Center for Exceptional Children's facility. Employees are responsible for safeguarding employees and students at facility, or when engaged in a class-sponsored activity. Work involves the prevention of injury or loss of life at aquatics facilities for swimming and bathing by performing water rescue and prevention techniques, first aid, and CPR. Duties also include a variety of maintenance tasks. Work is reviewed through employee observation, facility inspection, and written and oral reports and conferences.
Illustrative Tasks: Maintains staff and student safety, order, and discipline at the assigned aquatics facility. Performs emergency water-rescue techniques to assist persons in distress, applies CPR, and administers standard first aid when necessary. Assists in the implementation of aquatics programs and special events. Explains and interprets operational and programmatic rules and regulations to students; enforces or refers enforcement to assigned supervisor. Ensures general safety, cleanliness, and appearance of assigned aquatics amenities including pool areas, restrooms, and showers, when able to do so without distraction from lifeguarding responsibilities. Performs related work as required.Knowledge, Abilities and
Knowledge of approved water-rescue and accident-prevention techniques, emergency procedures, simulation drills, water-safety policies, first aid, and CPR. Knowledge of water-safety practices and procedures. Some knowledge of operational safety and maintenance requirements for aquatics facilities and amenities.
· Ability to react efficiently and effectively in emergency rescue situations.
· Ability to perform assigned tasks requiring physical strength and agility.
· Ability to react efficiently and tactfully with the public and to be capable of enforcing regulations firmly and impartially.
· Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of the Learning Center for Exceptional Children's Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
· Skills in pool and open-water swimming, water rescue, accident prevention techniques, water-safety procedures, standard first aid, and CPR.
Required Experience and Training: Completion of two (2) years of high school or equivalent or in process of completion of the 10th grade. Employment continuation in this class is contingent upon completion of the 10th grade within four (4) months of employment; minimum age 16 years; some previous experience as a lifeguard; or equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
The Aquatics department of the Jewish Community Center in Newton has immediate openings for Lifeguards. Lifeguard candidates MUST HAVE CURRENT certifications in American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, and AED.
• Ensure safety in and around the pool area at all times
• Anticipate hazardous conditions and take precautionary measures
• Render first aid and CPR within the scope of employee’s certifications
• Maintain pool area so that area is kept clean and safe at all times
• Create a warm and welcoming environment for all members
• Attend training or staff meetings as scheduled
• Maintain appropriate certifications
• Understand safety and emergency preparedness procedures for the JCC
Early morning, after school and weekend shifts are available.
Membership is open to the entire community. There is something for everyone at the JCC...a fully equipped fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools, indoor gym and basketball courts, on-site preschool, day and overnight camps, cultural and performing arts events, arts and fitness classes for children and adults, early parenting programs, programs for families, and more.
I am looking for a part-time lifeguard that is:
Mondays: 2:30 - 3:30 pm
Wednesdays: 3:30 - 4:30 pm
-Lifeguard certified (CPR/First Aid certified)
-2 year experience
2 - 4 hours/ week
Position is responsible for watching over an aquatic exercise class
Lifeguard / Pool Manager
Need a summer job? Continental Pools, the leading swimming pool management company on the East Coast, is seeking responsible pool operators, managers, and lifeguards this summer.
Whether you’re looking to work full-time, part-time, or only sometimes, we provide all the training you need to be successful. That means no experience necessary! We certify you in First-Aid, CPR, and other essential lifeguarding skills.
The pool season takes place Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day (May 26 - September 3), however, we also have a few opportunities prior to the season.
Help us provide a fun, safe, clean, and accident-free environment by joining our elite team... because it’s more than just a paycheck!
- Recruit a Friend, Get $50 Bonus for every friend that you refer to us.
- Needs to finish the training and work minimum 150 hours in 2018.
Ensure patrons are in a safe environment at the swimming facility.
Maintain the cleanliness of the swimming pool.
Monitor patron and guest check-in.
Maintain a high level of customer service.
Report any unsafe conditions to your manager or area supervisors.
Educate patrons about water safety.
A great attitude.
Must pass the Ellis & Associates lifeguard training course.
If you have a current lifeguard certification you will need to take our crossover course. This may be one or two days, depending on your skill level.
Minimum Requirements for Ellis Lifeguard Course
Must be 15 years old on the first day of the class.
Swim 100 yards (4 lengths of the pool).
Tread water for 1 minute.
Retrieve 10-pound brick from 8 feet of water (remember, the brick weighs less underwater).
Continental Pools, Inc. was first founded in the 1980's as a pool service and repair company. Because many of our commercial clients required additional services, CPI expanded in the early 90's to provide full-service pool management. Lifeguard services were added and we developed the highest standards in the industry.
We pioneered safety standards.
To further develop our standards, CPI became a client of Ellis and Associates (https://www.jellis.com/) in 1997, which allowed us to help establish the highest training criteria for lifeguards in the nation and protocols for pool management. CPI and Ellis partnered to refine the National Pool and Waterpark Lifeguard Training program to a hybrid version for pools. This effort has forever changed safety standards.
Our stability creates reliability.
Our size means we are always there for you. We are a leader in swimming pool services with market-leading service lines, more than $10 million in annualized revenues and more than 1,000 employees worldwide, we can handle any issue. The Continental Pools, Inc. lines of business include commercial pool management, and property improvement services. And we continue to increase our market share by consistently pleasing our clients. If you would like to learn more about us, just ask. It's a great story and we love telling it.
The Multnomah Athletic Club's Aquatics department is expanding and seeking certified lifeguard professionals, skilled teachers, and problem solvers. We value communication, respect, and teamwork and you should too. This is an ideal job for high schoolers, college students, and other professionals with multiple commitments. Competitive wages bases on previous experience and certification levels, benefits at 30 hours per week, and flexible scheduling. Check out our video for more information about who we are and if you are the right fit for the job: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmB6EOy9Dxo&feature=youtu.be
- Recognize and respond effectively to all emergency situations.
- Supervise, control and maintain pool area to prevent accidents.
- Monitor patrons in the pool area for infractions of aquatics safety guidelines and code of conduct.
- Assist with customer service needs and/or refer customer to appropriate staff.
- Report major rule violations, emergencies, and customer concerns to supervisor through incident reports and direct communication.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard training certification with CPR/AED and First Aid for the Professional Rescuer. Emergency Oxygen training a plus.
- Must have functional lifeguarding and rescue skills to effectively respond to emergency situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and decision making skills.
- Ability to work early mornings, late evenings, and weekends.
- Must be able to swim 300 yards using front crawl and breaststroke.
- Must be able to swim 25 yards, surface dive to a depth of at least 9 feet, retrieve a 10-pound diving brick, and return to the starting position still holding the brick in 100 seconds or less.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in indoor pool environment -- warm and humid.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Flexible scheduling
- Full time opportunities
The Multnomah Athletic Club offers a competitive salary and benefits. All MAC employees receive benefits such as: free parking, discounted public transportation passes, 401(K) retirement program with employer match, Employee Assistance Program, facility use and discounted services and meals throughout club. Full-time employees may choose from a comprehensive health & welfare benefits package.
Lifeguards needed for 2018 Pool Season beginning end of May through Labor Day. PT and some FT positions available. Flexible schedules and competitive pay. Prefer Certified lifeguards that can produce certification but will be holding Certification classes in multiple locations soon for $325. Will also have classes for CPR certification that is needed yearly in New York. Need lifeguards at commercial pool sites in Dutchess, Orange, Westchester, Rockland and some New Jersey counties.
Fitness Club Lifeguard
Club 200, a private fitness club on the upper east side is looking for a lifeguard to monitor and supervise pool area to ensure a safe environment for patrons, enforce pool rules and regulations, responds to swimmers in distress and administers, participate in the operation, cleaning and maintenance of the aquatics facility and performs other related duties as assigned.
Candidates must have a professional demeanor and excellent communication skills with a focus on exceptional customer service. This is a seven day a week operation with extended hours. Only candidates with open availability for scheduling will be considered.
Swim Instructor - Lifeguard
We are seeking a Swim Instructor to join our team!
- Demonstrate proper form and technique
- Develop and implement specialized training programs for clients
- Ensure swimming lessons are effective, safe, and fun
- Adapt your teaching approaches to the age, experience and ability of participants, so they can meet course objectives
- Provide for the health and safety of participants, including ensuring that all teaching and practice areas are free of hazards, and that materials and equipment are safe
- Cover all material required in a level
- Communicate regularly with participants and their parents, as appropriate, to ensure they are aware of progress
- Recognize and respond effectively in emergencies in accordance with facility emergency action plans
- Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules and regulations
- Complete additional duties as assigned by supervisor
- Passion for helping others
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Christian Summer Camp Lifeguard
- Keep people safe by watching over the pool and lake areas.
- Clean and maintain the pool area, which includes cleaning the pool chairs and rest room/shower area.
- Must have either current certification, or complete the American Red Cross Lifeguard Training held at Spruce Lake
Lifeguard - All Branches
Lifeguard - All Branches
Lifeguards are responsible for ensuring the safety of members and participants in and around aquatics facilities and prevents potential accidents by ensuring adherence to policies and program standards of the Treasure Valley Family YMCA.
|Starting Wage Range:||$8.58 +, DOE|
|Proposed Starting Date:||ASAP|
|Date of Interviews:||Ongoing|
|Certification classes are available!|
Candidates must be 16 years or older and have Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR, and Administering Emergency Oxygen Certifications prior to first day of employment. The ideal candidate will be punctual, responsive, and vigilant. Candidates must possess the ability to articulate and enforce YMCA policies in a positive way and be able to engage strangers in conversations and create an inclusive, welcoming environment for a diverse group of individuals.
|We have a variety of full and part-time shifts available, and will work around other school and work schedules for the right candidate. If you do not have all of the above mentioned certifications, training courses pre-hire will be available.|
Must have ability to work in humid environment. Must also have physical ability to complete all lifeguard certification requirements.
|All interested staff must submit a resume and a letter of interest stating your skills and knowledge that would qualify you for this position. |
External Candidates must complete an application and submit a resume. If you have any questions regarding the position please visit our website at www.ymcatvidaho.org or contact email@example.com.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!