Lime Sludge Kiln Operator Job Description Sample
Dry Kiln Forklift Operator
This position performs a variety of basic tasks. A candidate for this position must be in good physical condition as he/she will be required to work within conditions that are sometimes less than ideal, such as outdoors during inclement winter, including exposure to wood dust and loud noises daily. Must also possess the ability to follow directions and work without constant supervision
Operator must be able to operate all Forklifts in safe and productive manner while stacking rough green lumber on Kiln trucks and in green yard as well as when putting lumber in dry sheds.
- Fully supports the Safety Program at Kapstone- Summerville Lumber Mill.
- Complies with Company policies and exhibits professional conduct at all times.
- Physically capable of lifting and placing cross pieces on packs of lumber (as much as 50 pounds).
- Keep close attention to quality when stacking packs to avoid down grade.
- Must be able to distinguish size, widths, lengths, or types of lumber.
- Must be able to stack lumber on Kiln trucks.
- Must be able to keep up with production demands at green stacker.
- Must keep assigned Forklift clean and greased.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts and overtime.
- Must be able to drive a 35,000 pound Forklift.
- A high school diploma or GED
- Safety and good housekeeping are a must.
- Must be able to read, write and understand written materials. Perform basic math computations as required for safety, quality, and production functions.
- The ability to follow oral and written instructions and policies.
- Should be able to communicate verbally and with hand signals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Achieve minimum Work Keys Assessment scores (Locating Information- Min 4 and Workplace Observation- Min 2)
- Pass an online pre-employment assessment
- Successfully pass a drug screen and pre-employment physical
- Must have acceptable work references and background check
Ensures safe and efficient operation of all assigned equipment.
Stocks lines/machines with needed materials.
Transports, weighs, and mixes appropriate ingredients.
Performs periodic checks on output.
Creates samples and performs quality control checks.
Monitors equipment or processes and reports problems to supervisor including safety, quality, productivity, and systems-related issues.
Maintains documentation/records relative to safety, quality, and productivity for assigned area.
Follows standard operating procedures and safe operating practices.
Keeps area safe, clean and organized.
Supports a life-long learning environment, enhancing own skills as well as assisting in the development of other employees.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school diploma or equivalent experience. Experience: 0 -1 year previous manufacturing/production experience. Other Pertinent Job Information: While performing the duties of this job:
The associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance.
The associate may lift and/or move up to 68 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
The noise level is usually loud.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Competencies: Core competencies include good oral and written communications skills. Good record keeping skills. Good listening skills. Accurate measurement capability. Good math skills. Ability to understand and speak basic English. Must be Dal-Tile certified to operate powered industrial trucks. We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Company Match on 401k Employee Purchase Discount Tuition Reimbursement Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant (EEO/AA M/F/D/V).
Kiln Operators are charged with maintaining full operation of a tunnel kiln. The main job tasks of this position include, but are not limited to the following.
- Unload 8 kiln cars per 8 hour shift by dumping ceramic insulators from saggers (trays used to contain ceramics) into boxes.
- Weigh boxes of ceramic insulators on a scale to the correct quantity.
- Pack boxes of ceramics with paper, close and seal boxes with tape and label the boxes with correct product information.
- Load empty kiln cars with saggers full of green ware (unfired clay insulator).
- Operate hydraulic pusher controls.
- Record times and temperatures from each car cycled on to the pusher.
- Complete side work (i.e. make boxes, keep area swept and clean, grease kiln car wheels, empty sand traps and fill sand seal hopper).
Experienced Kiln Operator
Stimson Lumber Company is seeking an experienced Kiln Operator with a commitment to safety and great problem solving skills. You will execute your role within a group that embrace innovation and continuous improvement.
This position works Monday through Friday, 9pm to 5:30am Your accountabilities… Utilize your knowledge of steam, instrumentation and controls to efficiently and safely operate our high pressure wood fired boilers. Load and change kiln charges and operate them with our controls. Understand environmental compliance related to operating and repair boilers.
Perform repairs and maintenance to boilers and related equipment as needed. Proactively communicate with all departments to understand implications associated with boiler operations and build and maintain working relationships to achieve department and plant goals. Identify and suggest new approaches or best known methods to foster our continuous improvement mentality Maintain adequate moisture content throughout each charge to maximize quality.
Check with Planer personnel daily to ensure moisture content is consistent. Assist with equipment maintenance, including washing, greasing and other minor maintenance functions Proactively communicate across departments Able to fill in for other positions (where qualified) when needed Your qualifications… A minimum of 6-months experience operating a high-pressure wood fired boiler (preferred) Proven experience or expertise in the following technical areas: Boiler instrumentation and controls (preferred) Kiln operations Mechanical skills and some welding skills.
Steam and opacity reading (preferred) An understanding of environmental compliance related to boiler and kiln operation. (preferred) Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Team player and highly self-motivated individual. Ability to adapt to, and work in, continuously changing environments and situations.
Ability to operate rolling stock, including: 936 and 966 Cat loader (preferred) All sizes of forklifts Bobcat Mechanically inclined with an interest to further develop technical skills Willing to work outside where you may be exposed to weather elements (rain, snow, wind) in the course of normal duties. Strong computer skills with the ability to use or learn multiple different software applications. Ability to understand and analyze operational data in order to improve our operation.
Benefits: We are hiring people who are passionate about what they do every day, have a desire to make a difference and thrive in a team environment. Competitive Pay Employee Referral Bonus Health / Dental / Vision Wellness Program and Employee Assistance Program Medical related leave Flexible Spending Accounts Safe work environment and safety training Tuition Reimbursement / Apprenticeships / Training Paid Time off& Paid Holidays Retirement Program Access to company owned land for recreation For more details about employee benefits and Stimson values:www.mystimson.com As an equal employment opportunity company, we value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights and values, and what they bring to the workplace. Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
Operations Coordinator - Naked Lime Marketing
Associates degree or higher + 1-3 years administrative experience preferred
High attention to detail
Ability to effectively prioritize and multitask
Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint To apply for this position, email your resume directly to Apply@reyrey.com. Reynolds and Reynolds promotes a healthy lifestyle by providing a non-smoking environment. Reynolds and Reynolds encourages applicants of all ages and experience to apply, as we do not discriminate on the basis of age.
Heavy Equipment Operator/Lime Mixer Operator, Blue Top And Spread Lime
We are seeking a Heavy Equipment Operator - Finish Grade, Blue Top and operate Lime mixer to become a part of our team! You will operate bulldozers, rollers, excavators, backhoes,
- Safely operate earthwork and lime mixing equipment
- Check elevations
- Inspect equipment before and after use
- Communicate need for maintenance or repair
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Maintain a clean work site
- Previous experience in a commercial earthwork
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to handle physical workload
Our Leadership Principles:
Base Decisions on Long Term Strategy, even if it is at the expense of short term financial gains.
Continuously Create Process Flow Systems with Checks and Balances Designed to Surface Problems.
Balance the Work Load to Allow 100% Productive Utilization in all roles of the Process Flow System.
Focus the Work-lifestyle on Proactive Solutions to render problems obsolete by encouraging all team members to solve situational problems prior to presenting to customers or colleagues.
Standardize daily tasks and functions to ensure a solid foundation centered around building better individuals and teams.
Use Visual Controls that make hiding information impossible to create Transparency.
Constantly implement Cutting Edge, Reliable, and Trusted Technology centered around efficiency and quality.
Grow, Build, and Develop Leaders who embrace the Process Flow Systems, Mission, Vision, and Work-lifestyle only if they Live an exemplary model of such and Proactively teach and work with others to do the same.
Challenge all Partners, Vendors, Contractors, and Team Members to adopt our philosophies for themselves and to uses Proactive Solutions as a work-lifestyle so time is not misappropriated.
Make decisions Slowly and by consensus, but implement them Rapidly with unquestioned compliance.
Base the Organization entirely around development of people gaining knowledge through continued education to enable perpetual improvement as a culture.
Make Improvements and Resolution a daily realization by confronting issues, problems, and delays Transparently and Openly through direct conflict to prevent others repeating mistakes they could have previously witnessed.
Operations Coordination - Naked Lime Marketing
POSITION DESCRIPTION: As the Operations Coordinator, you will play an active role in supporting the Naked Lime Marketing Services Director, management team, and the department as a whole.
In this role, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks which will include scheduling meetings, facilitating department events, preparing a wide variety of reports and tracking customer orders. You will also be submitting customer information to various directories, as well as managing the new hire internal set-up process. Other projects may be assigned as necessary. This position requires you to utilize communication and analytical skills to support the Naked Lime
Furnace, Kiln And Oven Operator
DRY KILN OPERATOR WANTED: Sawmill seeking a dry kiln operator with a minimum of 2 years' Certified Power Industrial Lift Truck experience.
Applicants must be knowledgeable in lumber species and grade. Dry Kiln experience is preferred. Must complete powered industrial safety training.
Excellent wage and benefit package. Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED and a valid driver's license. We are a drug-free workplace.
Please either send a resume with references to Guy Bennett Lumber Company, Attention Human Resources, P.O. Box 670, Clarkston, WA 99403 or apply in person at 1951 Wilma Drive, Clarkston, WA 99403. We will be accepting applications beginning Tuesday, 2/6/18, until Tuesday, 2/20/18, or when the position is filled.
EOE AA M/F / Vet / Disability. Category: Manufacturing , Keywords: Furnace, Kiln and Oven Operator
Assistant Nurse Manager - 4 Lime (Orthopedics Joint Replacement Unit)
Supervisory Organization Nursing
Summary Located at Lancaster General Hospital, Lancaster, PA. SUMMARY: LG Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking an Assistant Nurse Manager for our 4 Lime Orthopedic
- Joint Replacement Unit. Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, the Asst. Nurse Manager assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the delivery of patient care, and provides input into the development and evaluation of patient care.
Oversees nursing activities related to patient care and assists in setting standards for accurate reporting and recording of patient symptoms, reactions and progress.
Organizes patient care and ensures continuity of care based on knowledge of clinical nursing needs of patients.
Collects objective data with regard to the clinical performance, attitude and self-development of each staff member.
Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse is required, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred.
Three (3) years of clinical experience in related clinical field is required.
One (1) year of leadership experience is required.
A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
Five (5) years of clinical experience is preferred.
Three (3) years of leadership or management experience is preferred.
Education Bachelors of Science-Nursing: Nursing Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine (LG Health/Penn Medicine), at http://lancastergeneralhealth.org/LGH/ a member of the University of Pennsylvania Health System (Penn Medicine), at https://www.pennmedicine.org/ is a 631-licensed bed not-for-profit health system with a comprehensive network of care encompassing Lancaster General Hospital (LGH), Women & Babies Hospital and the Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital (in partnership with Kindred Healthcare). Our membership in Penn Medicine brings together the strengths of a world-renowned, not-for-profit academic medical center and a nationally recognized, not-for-profit community healthcare system. Outpatient services are provided at the Downtown Outpatient and Suburban Outpatient Pavilions, along with additional outpatient centers and Express and Urgent Care locations throughout the region. Lancaster General Health Physicians is a network of more than 300 primary-care and specialty physicians, at more than 40 offices throughout the region. Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences is a private, co-educational, Middle States-accredited four-year college offering a variety of associate and baccalaureate degree and certification programs in healthcare. A four time designated Magnet hospital for nursing excellence, LGH has been recognized regionally and nationally for clinical excellence and patient safety; and ranked nationally by U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation’s best hospitals in 2015-16 in three specialties. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Manufacturing Engineer - Lime Kiln
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific has an exciting opportunity for a talented Manufacturing Engineer Lime Kiln at our Palatka, Florida facility. Located just south of Jacksonville and west of St. Augustine, FL, the Palatka mill employs about 850 people has three tissue paper machines as well as several converting lines and produces consumer tissue products such as bath tissue and paper towels sold under the Georgia-Pacific brand names of Angel Soft , Quilted Northern , Brawny , and Sparkle .The successful candidate will have leadership responsibility for the safe and environmentally compliant operation of a lime kiln, recaust area, blow heat accumulator with pre-evaporators, and crude tall oil plant. This position will provide technical support and expertise to area operators. This position will also work and coordinate closely with the area reliability coordinator, asset availability leader and reliability/maintenance to ensure equipment reliability and effective spending.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Provide leadership through effective utilization of the Market Based Management (MBM) Guiding Principles and framework
- Facilitate a culture where the safety focus results in zero injuries and a compliance culture that results in zero incidents.
- Provide operational/business leadership and technical support for the manufacturing process of the steam plant area and facilitate troubleshooting and problem solving to achieve goals.
- Coach/facilitate operators through day-to-day quality and productivity issues while supporting internal customer needs and production targets.
- Support operations to assure safety, environmental, quality and housekeeping compliance while meeting productivity and cost goals. Work with operators to identify and resolve gaps and constraints.
- Facilitate and coach operations to proactively troubleshoot and resolve problems using enablers such as simple root cause analysis, operator performed maintenance, operating envelope.
- Drive improvements in reliability through Scheduled Shutdown Plans, Pre-shutdown Inspections, Post-shutdown audits, and RCFA sessions
- Lead teams in the identification, development, evaluation and implementation of safety, quality and/or cost reduction initiatives and projects that add the highest value to the operation to drive continuous improvement.
- Investigate, recommend, and implement new technologies and process upgrades.
A successful Manufacturing Engineer Lime Kiln will have the ability to:
- Challenge the status quo to facilitate continuous improvement
- Collaborate across roles and diverse groups, gather and share feedback
- Stay current in best practices and be a continuous learner
- Plan and manage routine and annual outages for asset bases
- Think strategically
- Problem solve and to troubleshoot
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor s Degree in Engineering, Paper Science and/or other technical disciplines
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Proven computer skills with emphasis on Excel, functional data bases and data analysis
- 3 years experience in recovery department
- Proficient in the use of PI ProcessBook or similar application of process monitoring.
- Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis techniques
- Basic process control knowledge/experience
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern , Angel Soft , Brawny , enMotion , Sparkle , Mardi Gras , and Vanity Fair , as well as the Dixie brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!