Line Mover Job Description Sample
Production Mover &Ndash; Assembly/Packaging
Production Mover – Assembly/Packaging
Open date:Feb 14, 2018 10:23 PM
Location: Zebulon, North Carolina
Experience required:Less than 1 year
- Relocation:No Email a friend Your
Prepares the production area by ensuring materials are delivered to the processing area, ensuring replenishment of materials, and completing sanitizations in the area.
Key Responsibilities: • Ensure materials are delivered to the processing area in a timely manner. • Deliver materials to the warehouse. • Ensure replenishment of all materials for the area and lines. • Conducts sanitizations. • Performs basic SAP transactions. • Operates equipment in accordance with cGMPs, Batch Documentation, SOPs, ZSPs and JSAs as required. • Utilizes and continuously improves the GSK Production System standards (i.e. 5s, standard work, problem solving, gemba, process confirmations, and performance management) towards the goal of Zero Accidents, Zero Defects, and Zero Waste. • Participate in Line Performance Management process, Problem Solving/Safety Groups, Standard work/5S improvement activities and confirmations aimed at developing improvements to Product Quality, Line Safety, Cost and Service performance. • Escalates any problem occurring in the area that affects Product Quality, Safety and other aspects of line performance. Why You? Basic qualifications:• High School Diploma. • Knowledge of pharmaceutical production processes/systems, related equipment.
Preferred qualifications:• 3+ months experience following cGMP practices in a Pharmaceutical environment. • Experience working with SAP. • Detail orientation and/or computer data entry experience or batch documentation. • Experience encompassing Safety Awareness and PPE compliance. • Demonstrated team orientated approach. Why GSK?:At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires. Contact information:
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button. If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US). GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ AgenciesGSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK.
In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment.
This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency ReportingFor the Recordsite.
Mover / Packer
Work Schedule: Start times may vary Monday through Friday based on customer s needs Schedules are set by Dispatch Weekend work and/or overtime may be required Out of town work may be required Essential Duties and
Packing, loading, and unloading of household goods Crate prepping Uses proper equipment for safe loading and/or unloading of household goods Strictly observes work schedules and specific delivery requirements set forth by American Relocation Services (ARS) and their customers Operation of company vehicle (if applicable) Other duties as assigned
HS Diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education Knowledge of transportation and/or household goods industry helpful Must have a valid driver s license, reliable form of transportation and good driving history Must be able to satisfy physical demands (see Physical Demands section) Ability to stay on the job from start to finish is required Must be reliable and flexible with schedule Willing and able to work with all personality types, with a professional, helpful manner Ability and desire to perform well in a fast-paced, fluid environment where tasks change quickly Must be able to pass pre-employment physical assessment test (PAT) or functional capacity exam (FCE), drug screen, and background check Communication
Employee must have the ability to read, and write the English language Have the ability to effectively communicate and present information and respond to questions from management, customers and the general public Must be able to communicate with a positive team mentality at all times, both written and verbal Reasoning Abilities: Employee must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations professionally He/she must know how to communicate via telephone with our dispatch group Certificates, Licenses:
Valid Driver s License is required Class A Commercial Driver s License (CDL) preferred, but not required Obtain and maintain a DOT physical and valid Medical Card preferred (if applicable) Current DMV report (if applicable) Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
Stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. Lift and/or move a minimum of 75 lbs. Carry a minimum of 75 lbs. to location designated by the customer Move with the aid of a pallet jack, loads in excess of (2500) pounds to the locations designated by the customer Move with the aid of a hand truck, loads with boxes stacked 10-15 high, weighing in excess of (100) pounds to locations designated by the customer at the delivery location Work in extreme weather conditions, with temperature variances from + 90 degrees Fahrenheit to 50 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the course of a season.
Work Environment and Environmental Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Time sensitive delivery requirements Low to moderate noise levels Customer service demands Extreme weather conditions (i.e.: snow, ice, rain and dust)
GM Shipper/Material Mover
Job Description: Oversee “Shippers”, who support the following functions at the site: a) Forklift Operation (Multi-tyne, rabbit, clamp, etc.) b) Battery Changing and maintenance c) Safety Audit d) Loading/Unloading Trucks e) Launching/Printing/Converting Orders f) Familiar with Warehouse Management Systems g) Dock, dock door, and dock plate operation h) Trailer Inspection and cleaning/sanitation i) Support hold order rework and processing under GMI supervision j) Clean Warehouse and dock areas k) Clean offal totes l) Dump Offal m) Clean South Delta n) Perform necessary tracking
- Night and Weekend Availability* Shift is 3/2/2/3 and switches from first shift to third shift every 8 weeks * Strong computer & Microsoft Office Skills* Job ID: 105193BR City: Covington State:
Georgia Country: We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Manufacturing And Industrial Machinery Mover And Rigger With CDL
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMMERCIAL DRIVERS LICENSE (CDL).
Move heavy machinery such as CNC machines, press brakes, printers, and lasers using forklifts and tractor trailer trucks.
- Must have CDL to drive trucks to job sites.
- Relocate machinery at customers place of business
- Maintains trucks and forklifts.
- Move machines from one point to another, Out of State Travel is required.
- Maintains safe work environment by watching out for foot traffic; following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps forklift operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
Safety Management, CDL REQUIRED, forklift experience required, must be drug free, must have clean driving record, millwright experience a plus, mechanical and/or electrical experience a plus.
Please send in resume and MVR to fax or email
Material Mover I
Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with nearly 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We manufacture some of the world’s cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what’s possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world’s toughest challenges. Reports to and receives assignments, instruction and direction from the Shift Supervisor and Leader. Receives materials into the plant and prepares receiving documents. Checks materials ready for shipment and completes shipping documents. Utilizes forklift to load or unload materials on and off trucks, and to move and position materials in yard area and around work stations. Manually moves and stacks materials, and performs various other clean-up and housekeeping duties. Performs miscellaneous duties and activities as directed.
Additional duties will include
: * Read work instructions and productions schedules and receives verbal instructions from supervisor or leader.
Receive and checks in materials.
Prepare materials for receipt, including breaking down shipments, segregating items, etc.
Process incoming materials, including comparing descriptions and quantities, checking material for damage, and measuring length, width, inside diameter, and outside diameter of items.
Mark material with identification number using paint stencil or marker.
Obtain and reviews shipping documents.
Compare materials to be shipped against shipping documents, including checking markings, description, quantities, and length, width, and diameter dimensions.
Coordinate with production, scheduling, or sales to reconcile material discrepancies.
Complete shipping documents and obtains driver’s signature accepting materials for delivery.
Move and positions materials utilizing forklift
Monitor condition of material and operation of equipment, and reports out of tolerance or abnormal conditions or events to supervisor or leader.
Perform general housekeeping duties, including picking up trash, emptying rash barrels, banding cores, etc.
: HSD or GED with 2+ years experience operating a folklift to move long dimensional steel bars.
: HSD or GED with 1+ years as a TMS certified Material Mover. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Requisition ID: 11505 Posted: 01/19/2018
2Nd Shift Mover Foreman
MakeSpace is full service storage, on demand. We pick up, store and bring back our customer’s stuff for less than local storage options.
Our Mover Foremen are the backbone of our business. They are the face of MakeSpace to our customers. They execute our storage pickups and deliveries while maintaining and exceeding our award-winning customer service. Please note this is a 2nd shift position with hours from 2 pm to 10 pm and a driver's license is mandatory for the role.
The building is located on the corner of Greenpoint Avenue. You will see a small sign labeled "460" above the main entrance. The door to our office will be on the right side of the building after you pass the Edge & Budget trucks on your left.
In order to be seen for an interview, please bring a copy of your resume and dress professionally.
To learn more about the role before your interview, keep reading...
What you'll be doing:
- Join the Warehouse Team in item processing and pulling items for delivery
- Packing, wrapping, and marking items so they’re protected while in transport
- Working with a team of movers in the field, and driving between customers homes and our warehouses
- Utilizing the most cutting edge technology to deliver an exceptional experience while being extremely efficient
- Install and setup items in customer’s homes
- Full-time 2pm to 10pm, our operations run 7 days a week, your schedule will be in rotation
- You will be working out of our warehouse located in Greenpoint, Brooklyn
Who you are:
- Your attitude is, "5 Minutes Early Is On Time; On Time Is Late; Late Is Unacceptable"
- You love playing with technology and are a whiz on a smartphone
- You like making a difference and going the “extra mile” to satisfy our customers; customer satisfaction is your mantra
- You are an active, athletic individual who must be able to lift heavy items (ranging from 25 to 100 lbs), sometimes in walk-up apartments
- Prior professional moving or warehouse experience is preferred
- You're flexible to work weekends as needed
What you get:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Year-long, full-time job
- Career development
- $500 bonus for each friend you successfully refer to work at MakeSpace
- Paid Overtime
- Flexible schedule
- Paid Time off
Final candidate must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Loaded, unpacked and packed items, disassembled and assembled furniture for residential and commercial accounts
- Provided safe, on-time, and dependable transportation with a safe driving record
- Assisted customers during the moves with excellent customer service
- Accountable for handling client property safely and efficiently
- Coordinated pick-ups and deliveries with clients
- Checked and inspected all furniture for any damages and made adjustments to consistently ensure safety.
- Enabled special requests in terms of moving furniture and made arrangements to meet all needs.
- Made inventories & records of the furniture, material and supplies received for delivery. Delivered and made sure that each is well accounted for.
- Breakdown and setup furniture items based on customer needs
- Securely transport contracted items avoiding any damage
Delivery / Mover
We are a hot tub business in the Roswell area looking to add a new delivery crew member. This position will address on-site and off-site demands including but not limited to delivering new hot tubs, moving or removing existing spas, performing drain and cleans, etc. Candidate must excel in a fast paced environment and work to complete projects quickly and efficiently. Must be able to safely use a diverse range of heavy duty tools and equipment. Previous experience in moving heavy appliances/furniture is a plus
- Ability to safely move heavy items - with the aid of proper tools and equipment
- Move or remove existing portable hot tubs
- Deliver new hot tubs
- Perform drain and cleans
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers - you are the face of the company
- Driven, self motivated individual with desire to learn
- Responsible and reliable team player
- Ability to work independently as well as be a team player
- Excellent organizational skills
- Valid driver's license and clean background check
Compensation: $10-$15 per hour (depending on experience)
Class A Driver/Machinery Mover
We are seeking a CLASS A DRIVER/MACHINERY MOVER to join our team! You will be responsible for safely operating a truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 pounds
Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW).
- Safely operate a heavy or tractor-trailer truck
- Load and unload cargo
- Properly track and document activity log
- Report any issues or incidents to dispatch
- Inspect truck before and after trip
- Previous experience (5 years) in truck driving or other related fields of rigging or machinery moving
- Previous experience operating a forklift (3k - 40k)
- Commercial driver's license with current DMV print out
- Ability to read and write in english
- Ability to handle physical workload (lift 100 pounds)
- Strong work ethic
Furniture Installer & Mover
Nexeo is looking for individuals interested in the fast paced and exciting industry of moving! No previous experience required, just a dependable and willing attitude!
Primarily responsible for assisting in the packing, loading and moving of customer items.Primary Duties and
-Assemble, line and pad cartons, crates and/or containers.
-Examine and inspect containers, materials and furniture in order to ensure that packing specifications are met.
-Mark and label containers, tags and/or products using marking tools.
-Obtain, move and sort materials, containers and furniture
-Seal containers using glues, fasteners, nails and hand tools.
-Clean containers, materials, supplies and/or work areas.
-Load items to be moved into appropriate vehicles.
-Unload and unpack items in designated area (customer home, office, etc.).
-Measure, weigh and count items to be moved.
-Record move information on specified forms and records.
This position requires a criminal background check and drug screen to be completed before hire.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!